Arenas cliques

To EA: you need to fix the arenas. they need to be arenas not informal offline guilds. Especially the ships arena. I have experienced being battle blocked for extended time periods (read 30+ min of me continuously going through the select a battle cycle) and losing control of my team while these informal guilds drive me down and out of the payouts is, using your wording, against the intent of the game. some recommendations:
1. defending teams have a 60 sec window after a battle before they can be selected for battle again
2. if you purchased a time bypass and are immediately battle locked, those crystals are immediately refunded.
3. When you lose you only drop one position and everyone moves down.
4. If you have not battled in the last 30 minutes, you dropped in position to the next position below you that has not either.

All of these are to force churn in the top 50 positions. It is disheartening when you should be battling 1vs1 and instead have to battle 1vs30 or 40.

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    so it is ok if it is a formal guild blocking people then?
  • Asoonan wrote: »
    To EA: you need to fix the arenas. they need to be arenas not informal offline guilds. Especially the ships arena. I have experienced being battle blocked for extended time periods (read 30+ min of me continuously going through the select a battle cycle) and losing control of my team while these informal guilds drive me down and out of the payouts is, using your wording, against the intent of the game. some recommendations:
    1. defending teams have a 60 sec window after a battle before they can be selected for battle again
    2. if you purchased a time bypass and are immediately battle locked, those crystals are immediately refunded.
    4. If you have not battled in the last 30 minutes, you dropped in position to the next position below you that has not either.

All of these are to force churn in the top 50 positions. It is disheartening when you should be battling 1vs1 and instead have to battle 1vs30 or 40.

not sure how this is supposed to sake things up and prevent collusion. Once the top guys figure out the new system, they will know how to get around it.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Asoonan wrote: »

so someone who missing a day of battling and happens to not get attacked should be punished and potentially be dropped out of the top 50?

or someone who only battles during hour of payout should be dropped out of top 50? just because they are not battling every half hour?

/facepalm
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Asoonan wrote: »

On point number 3.... that is just crazy.

So you can move up 4 or more spots but then only drop 1.

I mean I love the idea,take 1st place and probably never leave the top 10 with a few well placed attacks through the day.

On point 4, why? If you have good enough mods or a better team composition and players dont want to fight you. Why should you be punished?

Or if your shard is inactive for a period of time, why should anyone suffer? The idea is that people need to attack to gain position, why should they just hand it out because someone went to sleep?

This could also drop someone lower than an opponent who could not beat them otherwise, that is not something anyone should want.
  • Or be like me and never make it to the top 500 and never worry about it. :p