Grand Arena Defenses

Prev1
@CG_SBCrumb
Out of curiosity, why can’t I change my defensive squads once they are set? For example there are still 20hrs left in the defense setup phase, I was thinking about it and I’d like to change one of my teams. Why can’t I remove a team and put in a different one? Why do they have to be locked in?

Replies

• Super great question. It should be possible imo
  • They asked for some feedback. I’m not angry or upset. I’m sure the defense I set will be fine. I just think it would be better if after looking at the defenses as a whole on the board and thinking, “I’d rather have player X there instead.” It would be nice to make those adjustments.
  • same for TW if a person messes up a defense team
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Can't change them in TW either, and one assumes they reused some of the code.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Sure. It’s the same in TW. But why? Couldn’t you just put a big red “Remove” button next to the team and allow me to remove that team and input another one?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    It's a valid question. Makes no sense to lock a team as soon as set.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Or change the order what if I want a weapon team up front and a stacked team in back. It loaded them based off gp total
  • I think in TW you can’t remove a squad because they don’t want you to be able to pull all your defenses at the last second and mess up your guild.

Since GA is 1-on-1, that shouldn’t be an issue. They should fix this.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I think in TW you can’t remove a squad because they don’t want you to be able to pull all your defenses at the last second and mess up your guild.

No, that's what the kick button is for.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Yeah you could kick someone who does hat but they’d still completely throw a territory war
  • Why cant you take a zeta back off if you dont like it?
    Why cant you get your gear back if your toon is nerfed (eg Nest)?
    Why cant you get your credits back with unleveling a toon?
    Why cant you get your crystals back, if you purchased energy to farm a node but didnt get any shards?

Same questions as in topic. This game is all about making decisions and living with their consequences. Setting defenses is no different.
    Why cant you get your crystals back, if you purchased energy to farm a node but didnt get any shards?

Same questions as in topic. This game is all about making decisions and living with their consequences. Setting defenses is no different.

Actually, I disagree. GA battles are temporary, not permanent.

They give you 24 hours to set your defense, you should be able to shuffle squads and characters around during that time, otherwise what's the point of dragging it out for 24 hours?
  • A Great Question. I’m on your side.

Disagree.

If someone says, Why don’t you take a zeta back off?? I don’t like this!! It’s suck!!”, then we can say, “So, you already used it, don’t you? It’s over.”

But this case is different. Grand Arena is 1 vs 1. This is also different w/ TW.
    TW is team vs team, not 1vs1.
    If someone cancels his/her squads just before end of D phase, then “the guild” lose 30 points. This is unfair. Because the others believe that arrangement.
    But 1 vs 1 is not.
    Furthermore, it is separated by D phase and O phase, and D phase is preparing phase to protect my field from enemy’s attack.
    During D phase, we must be able to change our defense squad.

Well, if someone says “I want to change my Defense squad!!” at offense phase, then we can say “So, you already saw the enemy’s field. It’s over. You can’t. It’s unfair.”
    But at Defense phase, we have 24 hours. Why 24 hours? It means we consider the squads by enough time.

Sorry man, your examples are not appropriate.
  • I’m not asking for my money back or a refund on a zeta. That’s ridiculous. This is not the same thing. Sorry dude.
    I’m saying I set my defense because I thought I might be busy and unable to do it later. Then later in the day I had an idea and wanted to change a team. I don’t think it’s a big deal. I just think it would be nice to be able to make adjustments during the 24 hour “set-up” period. And it seems like a few other people agree with me.
    @CG_SBCrumb any thoughts?
  • Vexed wrote: »
    Yeah you could kick someone who does hat but they’d still completely throw a territory war

To be fair. I can do more damage to a TW by eating up an entire zone with garbage characters before anyone gets to it. Especially knowing that not I, nor my guild leader, could remove them.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    As someone who mucked up GA defence, I'm strongly in favour of this. There doesn't seem to be anything gained by locking teams and I can't see how letting us alter them would hurt the game.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Agreed, being able to change would be nice. I drunkenly decided to set mine it would seem and wish I could change them a bit. Def a nice to have feature.
  • No ships?? Its an part of the game and a third of most people's GP....
  • I'd like to be able to change my teams as well. If I would have known that they would stick my highest power team in the front my strategy would have been much different. I wanted to ramp up my defense team from low to high, but they felt different.
  • Good point, why can't we change our defensive teams in grand arena? @CG_SBCrumb
  • Teams should be locked when atack phase starts, till then we should be able to modify our teams. I understand locking them in guild events ( but still think that GL or officers shoul be able to remove someones teams from areas to avoid breaking strategic orders ). If you want to make game more enjoyable and more strategy focused give us more freedom in choices, or serious power to liders for manage strategy.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    24 hours to precisely plan defense,use your time wisely,no need to change teams up.
  • They still throw your highest power team in front. Nothing was mentioned about that aspect which totally broke my strategy.
  • Edison wrote: »
    Vexed wrote: »
    Yeah you could kick someone who does hat but they’d still completely throw a territory war

To be fair. I can do more damage to a TW by eating up an entire zone with garbage characters before anyone gets to it. Especially knowing that not I, nor my guild leader, could remove them.
    that’s really up for debate guilds that try to win on defense wind up losing they lack confidence to be able to beat teams but u win by beating not throwing g12 with bad mods on defense like they can’t be beat.

• Co-sign. It’s MY defense, not my guild’s. I wouldn’t be affecting anyone else’s plan but my own. I think it’d be a big plus to be able to change squads after setting.
  • They still throw your highest power team in front. Nothing was mentioned about that aspect which totally broke my strategy.

Since I suppose it's like TW, it doesn't matter which team is in front. You can probably attack all teams in one territory like in TW.
  • I put up as good a defense as I could this time, so I'm satisfied. But I did so without knowing how to see the other guy's inventory. I'm still fine but I could see myself in a different situation very easily. Would be nice to have an option to change. Same goes for TW defense.
  • They won’t do it because it takes more work, more programming, more trouble shooting more maintenance and that cuts into profit. Never gonna happen.
  • I used yesterday to create new squad line-ups specifically for Grand Arena defense, and ones for offense. Then after reading the guild discord this morning, seeing if there were anymore squad revelations, I placed my defenses this morning with just a few hours remaining.

I figured, they gave me 24 hours to place defenses, I didn't need to have it done in the first 15 minutes. Since there wasn't any one else who was going to "use up" the spaces. Sometimes our guild TW zones fill quickly, and you might miss placing a squad in a specific zone, so time is of the essence.

I probably won't even attack until tomorrow. I like to see what my opponent does first.