Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• I'm just spitballing ideas here, but maybe this preseason is an attempt to calibrate the Matchmaking system? Didn't CG say that we would be be paired with people that had similar win-loss ratios? If that is true then the matchmaking will obviously be skewed to start with but get better as we have more matches
  • The simplest fix is to let players blacklist anyone they don't want to use in Grand Arena and TW and remove those characters/ships from the GP calculation (rather than use an arbitrary 6k cutoff).

I mean, there aren't enough capital ships to even use all your ships with right now. So I have something like 200k in GP that there is no way to use at all. At least bad characters can be used to spam certain teams.

Deciding who is active and inactive for Grand Arena or TW would just be another strategy component, and would reward or punish decisions made NOW rather than those made 3 years ago. How long does someone have to suffer for gearing up Gammorean Guard or Kit Fisto?! Amnesty, please!
  • echoing the above complaints on matchmaking this round. seems like number of toons at gear
    tier 12 was NOT considered. my opponent has 29 gear tier 12 toons, and i have 8.

so why haven't you geared more characters to g12? Your opponent managed to do so at the same gp. It's not the devs fault you built a non competitive roster.

this...if someone with the same GP as another decided to make smarter choices in building their roster, they deserve to win, not be forced to only play against people who made the exact same decisions they did. Not to mention its a tourney of 8, so the stronger teams will eventually play against the stronger teams.

Unreal how many people are complaining about bad matchups when they made bad decisions.
  • Hekalatos wrote: »
    I'm just spitballing ideas here, but maybe this preseason is an attempt to calibrate the Matchmaking system? Didn't CG say that we would be be paired with people that had similar win-loss ratios? If that is true then the matchmaking will obviously be skewed to start with but get better as we have more matches

Similar W/L throughout the event. So if you are 2-0 after 2 matches you will face the other person who is 2-0. If you are 1-1 you will face another person who is 1-1.
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    echoing the above complaints on matchmaking this round. seems like number of toons at gear
    tier 12 was NOT considered. my opponent has 29 gear tier 12 toons, and i have 8.

so why haven't you geared more characters to g12? Your opponent managed to do so at the same gp. It's not the devs fault you built a non competitive roster.

this...if someone with the same GP as another decided to make smarter choices in building their roster, they deserve to win, not be forced to only play against people who made the exact same decisions they did. Not to mention its a tourney of 8, so the stronger teams will eventually play against the stronger teams.

Unreal how many people are complaining about bad matchups when they made bad decisions.

Thank you. I thought I was the only one that thinks this way. So many complaints.
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    The simplest fix is to let players blacklist anyone they don't want to use in Grand Arena and TW and remove those characters/ships from the GP calculation (rather than use an arbitrary 6k cutoff).

I mean, there aren't enough capital ships to even use all your ships with right now. So I have something like 200k in GP that there is no way to use at all. At least bad characters can be used to spam certain teams.

Deciding who is active and inactive for Grand Arena or TW would just be another strategy component, and would reward or punish decisions made NOW rather than those made 3 years ago. How long does someone have to suffer for gearing up Gammorean Guard or Kit Fisto?! Amnesty, please!

Why should I be punished for panic farming for Revan or working with my guild to get Traya?

• The one thing I really think they should change is to allow you to remove a squad you've set on defense. I totally understand why it's not a thing in TW, but in a game mode where you're the only one setting defenses and it'll auto-fill any sections left undefended, there's really no reason not to allow players to change their defenses during the set-up period.

Just a thought.
  • Gryf
    95 posts Member
    As someone who is not a TW fan... Grand Arena doesn't excite me. One thing I will say is excellent job by the Devs. The GA board looks fantastic and I love how it has each team's leader on the table!
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    The one thing I really think they should change is to allow you to remove a squad you've set on defense. I totally understand why it's not a thing in TW, but in a game mode where you're the only one setting defenses and it'll auto-fill any sections left undefended, there's really no reason not to allow players to change their defenses during the set-up period.

Just a thought.

Likely they just didn't think about that. That's a good qol for the future though
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    2nz2v2vpmpwg.jpeg

So much fun

• I just got disconnected twice after winning two battles and didn’t collect banners for my wins but his teams fell so it registered the fight?
  • Same here, Montanz.
  • I also got a no show. Do we automatically get the banners as they set no defence?
  • Bugs in it already. First match, beat the team. Game crashed. Error message of 11. Had to restart. There team has lost a set but I’ve got no points for my trouble :-/
  • So, after every battle, i'm getting the restart dialog. Error 11. When i come back, the team is defeated, but I'm not getting awarded any banners. Seems majorly broken to me.
  • Same for me @Silverfox28.
  • so i dont know if this is the right place, but the achievement quests for grand arena aren't working. after every fight i get dc'd. fortunately my battle still counts and the enemy squad disappears, but i get no banners and no progress to the quest. i'm really hyped for this grand arena, but if it doesnt work.... :/
  • I also got a no show. Do we automatically get the banners as they set no defence?

You should pretty much win for that I'd guess. Though I suppose it could be possible they could clear yours and overcome the defense banners you got.
  • We are aware of the error that is occurring after battles that is causing the client to restart and NOT count towards your Banners. Please hold off on battling in the Grand Arena until we get this fixed
  • >so why haven't you geared more characters to g12? Your opponent managed to do so at the same gp. It's not the devs fault you built a non competitive roster.

And all of the similar replies.

Are you suggesting that people should have spent months to years focusing on keeping a deep, but narrow roster just because there may, at some point in the future, be an arena mode with GP-based matchmaking? Would you be crying now if it was a TW-style event where a wide roster is more appealing.

But none of that matters because the devs have mentioned that they don't believe in punishing people for investing in characters. It's the entire reason they nerfed paper zombie.
  • I got a no show as well. Makes me think it’s a bug
  • I got a no show but I dont get points for "conquering" the territory which doesnt seem to be working correctly. I should automatically get the points for conquering the territory if opponent sets no defense.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

Grand Arena was recently announced in the Road Ahead and we will be posting a ton more information about it in the future. Similar to the Mods 2.0 Megathread, follow this thread for all posts and details related to the Grand Arena

What is Grand Arena
    At the beginning of the Grand Arena Event, you’ll be matched with 7 other players from across the game who have a Galactic Power score very similar to your own. In the first round, you’ll be matched up against a random player from your group to essentially fight a mini-Territory War. You’ll then set up defenses to defend your own territories, as well as attack your opponent's territories in an attempt to overcome their defenses. You’ll earn banners for successfully attacking and defeating an opponent’s territory, as well as defending your own territory. At the end of the battle, whoever has earned the most banners will be the winner.

Each round, you’ll be matched with other players who have the same win/loss record as you, and you’ll never fight the same opponent twice in a Grand Arena event. You’ll earn special rewards after each offensive battle you complete, at the end of each of the 3 rounds, and a final set of rewards at the end of the event based on your standing in the 8-player group.

Latest Info:
    Previous Posts:
    Just a heads up there’s a glitch, after each battle I had to restart, I won all 6 battles without losing a player and our scores stayed the same.
  • giant bug in grand arena @CG_SBCrumb .
    just defeated two teams and got restart errors immediately following
    ggtpulcmcn36.jpg
    cqlcreyy7sf0.jpg

and each time I reload the game I see the team is defeated but I don t have any extra banners
    fai7cnwu4zn7.jpg
    8sbic7yjnbhw.jpg

not to even mention I had one team with full health and the second with full health and protection at the end.

• Getting kicked off after each win - not getting any points for my victories either
  • Still waiting for something new that works first try
  • R0LAND
    42 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    So the two battle I've already won with no rewards what happens there Mr Crumb?
  • I don’t want any compensation crystals. You will have to fix the score.