Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• Suggestion: remove 24h preview phase.
  • Hey, here's a fun idea.. cut it back to 4 total squads instead of 7 total so folks can use their TW kit for offense and defense.
  • Kmotr wrote: »
    Sprosti ste jak daleko vidite. A to som sa zaregistroval len preto ze ma serete uz pekne dlho. Tolko chujovin robit zaradom sa len tak nevidi. Dufam ze aspon copy-paste do prekladaca zvladnete blbci

For our western friends, here’s the translation: You are as dumb as far you can see. I’ve registered only because you’ve been upsetting me for a long time. So many dumb things in a row one can’t see every day. I hope you can copy- paste into the translator at least, you dummies. End of translation.

No, mě to nasralo taky moc pěkně, kámo, vytrpěl sem so dva restarty. Mohlo to být líp otestované, když nás takhle masírujou předem, a pak taková studená sprcha hned v první čtvrthodině.

• No 24 hour preview!!!!
  • Once just once it would be lovely not to be the beta tester on a live product. Also be even better for just once you guys here could do one thing without wrecking another. Every update. Game mode. Nerf etc etc you break something or it's broken on release. I wish I could run my business like that and still have customers. Tbh it's just exhausting and sad now
  • PicpusMx
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I worked for a long time as a developer, and all I can say to all of these people that complain about the lack of testing: you are clueless!

Seriously, do you really think internal testing with, let's say all the employees, is the same as with hundreds of thousands players? Season 0 IS the real test! They are probably struggling with a server overload or something like that.

Take a deep breath, calm down and STOP attacking your opponent until it's resolved.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    I obliterated my guy and he can't touch me so the game decided to bug out the thing and now everyone is a winner xD

At least this was just the season 0 match for testing :)
  • My compensation code is 663 194 775.
    Please dont cancel twars. Its the only reason i still play.
  • This sounds horrid!

So far, not a fan.
  • So bugs aside from this launch, my opponent did not set any defenses. So i cannot win any offensive banners or points at all which drops my score below those who fight and lose. So in essence, I would have been penalized for someone else not participating in the next round. That does not make sense to me.
  • PicpusMx
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    If he hasn't set any defenses, you have more banners, so you win. Banners don't carry over between rounds, so I just don't understand your problem. Pairing is only based on number of rounds won (0-2)
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    PicpusMx wrote: »
    If he hasn't set any defenses, you have more banners, so you win. Banners don't carry over between rounds, so I just don't understand your problem

But you lose out on the bonus credits
  • True, but that wasn't the OP's complaint
  • Gryf
    95 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Jeez... I've been pretty harsh on this game for certain things, but this is basically a soft launch of a new game mode for the mass of players. Of course there will be some bugs and they'll fix them. It doesnt mean that the devs are incompetent or don't care. They just have to work some stuff out. That's why this was only a preliminary round that counts towards nothing
  • Alinoe
    68 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Still best game ever :) couldn't imagine that i could be addicted to mobile game lol bugs happened and will happen in any IT product. Glad too see that this game growing every month with new things. Only thing which make me rotfl is amazing amount of tears in every post, salty lol. People stop spreading poison damyt!
  • SkiaRyder
    120 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    You guys seriously need yo learn your math, I am sure you have a calculator on your phone. Just for example if you are in 5 team set-up, you receive 450 pts for setting defense(90ea team). They set no defense so they get a 0 here. When attacks start no you cannot get offensive points and they can but their max offensive points possible are 60x5=300 for offensive max, unless you use undermanned team you could get 61x5 max=305. We will use 5 man team for this example though. So 300 points for them, 450 for you. Now you both get conquer points of 210 for the 3 team section and 180 for the 2 team section for 210+180=390. So you now have 450+390=840 and they have 300+390= 690. Heres the funny part you dont get the 30x5 for clearing each team for 150 pts but THEY can. So you have 840 still and they have 690+150=840!!!! Now if they used an undermanned team one time they could have 1 more point and if used undermanned all 5 times they could have 5 points on you. So with the way its set now its completely POSSIBLE to lose even if they set 0 defense. Obviously counting on sending 4 man teams against 5 man teams and losing no protection or health and winning is fairly impossible but for you to even allow it to be mathematically possible is ridiculous. I deleted the 64 point issue because you can get to 64 points if you want to get down right technical lol which I am being technical so I will give you leeway but come on no1 is taking 1 character in against 5 and winning and losing no protection or health consitantly lol. Please fix!
    @CG_SBCrumb
  • Cheers CG for getting the probs sorted so fast.
  • Gryf
    95 posts Member
    Obijon72 wrote: »
    Cheers CG for getting the probs sorted so fast.

And don't forget about how they made the GA board look pretty **** awesome.
  • Ok so is it part of the plan to let people not set any defense? If so I need to know why, if they have no defense then you have nothing to attack and gain banners, so all you can do is win defense? And what if I don't set one as well, is that a tie?
  • They cancelled it...
  • @CG_SBCrumb I restarted my game and I still didnt get any rewards
  • It counted as a loss for me and I refuse to accept it...
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Ok so is it part of the plan to let people not set any defense? If so I need to know why, if they have no defense then you have nothing to attack and gain banners, so all you can do is win defense? And what if I don't set one as well, is that a tie?

You also dont get 100k credits fir each squad you defeat
  • All this build up for nothing... I wasn't able to fight my match because of the crash.
  • SkiaRyder wrote: »
    You guys seriously need yo learn your math, I am sure you have a calculator on your phone. Just for example if you are in 5 team set-up, you receive 450 pts for setting defense(90ea team). They set no defense so they get a 0 here. When attacks start no you cannot get offensive points and they can but their max offensive points possible are 60x5=300 for offensive max, unless you use undermanned team you could get 61x5 max=305. We will use 5 man team for this example though. So 300 points for them, 450 for you. Now you both get conquer points of 210 for the 3 team section and 180 for the 2 team section for 210+180=390. So you now have 450+390=840 and they have 300+390= 690. Heres the funny part you dont get the 30x5 for clearing each team for 150 pts but THEY can. So you have 840 still and they have 690+150=840!!!! Now if they used an undermanned team one time they could have 1 more point and if used undermanned all 5 times they could have 5 points on you. So with the way its set now its completely POSSIBLE to lose even if they set 0 defense. Obviously counting on sending 4 man teams against 5 man teams and losing no protection or health and winning is fairly impossible but for you to even allow it to be mathematically possible is ridiculous. I deleted the 64 point issue because you can get to 64 points if you want to get down right technical lol which I am being technical so I will give you leeway but come on no1 is taking 1 character in against 5 and winning and losing no protection or health consitantly lol. Please fix!
    @CG_SBCrumb

Wrong. You need to learn "yo" math. In your example the team that set a defense and was unable to attack on offense received 168 per squad (840 max possible in your math, divided by 5 squads per player). In my case, it was 3 squads since I am only 1.1 GP, but my final banner total was 600, so 200 per squad is what you get if your opponent sets no defense and you do. So in a 5 squad situation, the player that set defense would get 1000 banners and the no defense player would have no way to match that. Once again, no defense, no chance to win.
  • Russdpipes wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb I restarted my game and I still didnt get any rewards

It may take a moment to reach your inbox after the event closes. You should have it by now though.
  • Kaziglubey wrote: »
    Once just once it would be lovely not to be the beta tester on a live product. Also be even better for just once you guys here could do one thing without wrecking another. Every update. Game mode. Nerf etc etc you break something or it's broken on release. I wish I could run my business like that and still have customers. Tbh it's just exhausting and sad now

At least you didnt pay for the feature; if it's any consolation....looking at you fallout 76
  • So for my GA rewards I got 1st for the round but 2nd for the event? If the event was one round how did I get 2nd? Also, I mean, thanks for the "free" rewards but very unimpressive rewards. If these are really the rewards for the actual GA I think I'll be passing. Not worth the effort imo.
  • i wish they would have had some sense and not even created this thing because its going to be a disaster no matter how hard they work on it.

they should have spent the time working on new tb environments or events that the players were actually looking forward too.

now we got bugged grand arena with restarts. people who have advantage on the combat quests because they got to battle in the little window that grand arena was open before it failed.

so you wont be able to catch up on the combat quests because ea/cg's flawed rollout where we players are the guinea pigs and they dont do any real testing or quality control.

very troubling.
  • @CG_SBCrumb
    Will you be resetting the W/L tally before the future trial run (for algo purposes and players sake), and can these be checked anywhere?