Grand Arena - BUG - Megathread

Replies

• Options
    You got points and they didn't. It's a bug. They are aware of it and have already made a post about it.
  • Acymetric
    222 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    While I'll agree that it's kind of silly for an event to be so clearly broken on release, the people still raging about the "loss" are confusing. You get the 1st place prize, why do you care if it was a "win" or a "loss?" If anything you want the loss so you get matched against an easier opponent when those actually start counting.

That isn't how it works. They pair you based on win-loss record in rounds 2 and 3 of the 8 person full version of the event, but record from one event doesn't carry over or impact matchmaking in the next event. Each group of 8 is matched purely on GP and then record determines which of the other 7 you play against in rounds 2/3.

You're correct that a "loss" here literally doesn't matter.
  • Options
    What happened to running a quick one with 5 minute intervals to be sure it was fixed and check for other bugs, were going to do this 24 hr inbetween each phase stuff and find something else needs fixed. For one it needs to auto set defense for anyone that joins and then doesnt set Defense even if they have not set any previous time(since this is first one). Setting no defense is unfair to opponent for rewards and achievements. Please fix.
    @CG_SBCrumb
  • Options
    Next round of Grand Arena is live. This one looks to be stable so far, but we will be monitoring Grand Arena over the weekend. Thanks for all the help folks. I'm heading home for the weekend so I'll be offline for a bit but I'll check back in shorty
  • Options
    SkiaRyder wrote: »
    What happened to running a quick one with 5 minute intervals to be sure it was fixed and check for other bugs, were going to do this 24 hr inbetween each phase stuff and find something else needs fixed. For one it needs to auto set defense for anyone that joins and then doesnt set Defense even if they have not set any previous time(since this is first one). Setting no defense is unfair to opponent for rewards and achievements. Please fix.
    @CG_SBCrumb

That isn't what they were doing. They changed the time to 5 minutes for the active one where everyone bugged so that the event would end. Fixed the bug, and have relaunched with normal phase times as was announced they would do.
  • Options
    Why are you postponing Territory War?I fail to understand how this event has any bearing on it. We all rely on the Zetas and currency from TW. I would much rather get those rewards over mod salvage.
  • Options
    I entered and set defenses and got 0 pay out what do I do now? This is frustrating.
  • Options
    I thought we would all get first place rewards? I got 2nd place rewards, so I guess that was screwed up as well.
  • Options
    xcdviqu9ezwm.png
    ...except yes. Opponent didn’t post. What happened to auto deploy? Why do we get penalized if they don’t post?
  • Options
    my code is 387-617-997. I woke up in the morning and I just received awards for 2nd place. I did not even participate in the battles, just put up a defense. although the enemy had much weaker detachments. how could he win me?
  • SkiaRyder
    120 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Guys look at the rewards, everyone got first place rewards, its just says 2nd. And its exhibition so your not getting a 2nd place ranking or achievement. Those who got 0 now they have a beef.
  • Options
    Some of us got no rewards so pleaee don't complain if you got 1st place prizes
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Options
    Did not get any rewards, this is ****.
  • Options
    God, what a typical mess...
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Options
    If you're going to delay TW then you need to give us zeta mats as an apology for this bug and the decision to delay.

Many of us are relying on these to get ewoks in shape for 3po or BH ready for chewie.

This decision penalises all players, regardless of whether p2p or ftp.
  • Options
    I did not receive compensation rewards, and neither did my guildmates.
  • Options
    Never got to play and got zero rewards. Awesome.
  • Baldrickmccoy
    18 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    hope the new Grand Arena is more stable than the first one.
  • Options
    I noticed that the Prestigious Quest Line for Grand Arena: Han Solo Challenge did not register Win Battles. I am still sitting at 0/10.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I think 60 points is max possible for first attack win with no damage done to you. You are encouraged to use your best teams first and not throw away trash. This allows for some strategy on D if you deploy 2 defensive teams with the same counter...
  • Options
    I couldn't even play, I was on defense and couldn't place any teams, no options or buttons were there...
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    I couldn't even play, I was on defense and couldn't place any teams, no options or buttons were there...

Probably missed the set up phase
  • Options
    How do I know if my opponent invested as heavily in ships as I did?
  • Options
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    You got points and they didn't. It's a bug. They are aware of it and have already made a post about it.

This. There were bugs....some wins were forcing a restart and the point didn't count. There were threads all over this forum and reddit about it.....CG already investigated and sent out an update to fix the issue.
  • Dylanthalus
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    edit: rewards showed up right after I posted

no rewards given. no messages given. deployed 6 teams in GA and spent probably 20m in there deciding what to do. What a rip.
  • Options
    Hal_10000 wrote: »
    I'm not too bent out of shape by the buggy launch. Sometimes problems pop up when you have thousands of players that don't when you have a few test accounts. Rewards are nice though.

Although, if you really want people to get into Grand Arena, maybe make the awards include a Mark V stun gun. Just sayin'

Any programmer knows, the quickest way to find a bug is upload and go live.
  • Options
    Why are you moving Territory War?! We don’t want this broken feature, leave the ones that work alone! I don’t want crappy mod salvage on an event that takes too long to propigate and evidently doesn’t work, nobody wants this... stop wasting our time... leave the territory war where it was
  • Options
    Please for the love of God CG. Get rid of this waste of time that is the registration phase.
    Have defense setup be the registration and match after that is set.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Ok let’s see...

-Release a new game feature to go live on a Friday afternoon...check
    -Do absolutely no testing before sending it live...check
    -Promise “apology rewards” after it inevitably proves to be full of bugs and is unplayable (rewards which some players never actually receive)...check
    -Throw together a half-kitten fix and then send everyone home for the weekend (with a promise that they are totally monitoring it all weekend and that it will “for sure” work perfectly this time)...check
    -Allow the broken game mode to also screw up things that were previously working (i.e. delay tw)...check

I think we covered the entire EA 5-point plan.

Great work as always guys, and have a super weekend!!
  • CmdrS0l0
    7 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I posted defense last night. Logged back into this evening and didn’t get any rewards for 1st or 2nd place. Why is that?

***edit they finally showed up.