Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• Rewards in inbox and new GA join period is open
  • @CG_SBCrumb
    Will you be resetting the W/L tally before the future trial run (for algo purposes and players sake), and can these be checked anywhere?

W/L isn't used in the matchmaking algo, and pretty sure it isn't tracked and you can't see your record anywhere.
  • Of course its going to be tracked somewhere and I have no doubt there will be achievements added for it. With that said common sense would tell us this is exhibition and will not count for that.........RIGHT CG lol
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Russdpipes wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb I restarted my game and I still didnt get any rewards

It may take a moment to reach your inbox after the event closes. You should have it by now though.

got it now thanks
  • Acymetric wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb
    Will you be resetting the W/L tally before the future trial run (for algo purposes and players sake), and can these be checked anywhere?

W/L isn't used in the matchmaking algo, and pretty sure it isn't tracked and you can't see your record anywhere.

Makes sense. Just trying to pry in case ot becomes another achievement factor down the road.
  • OmegaIV
    104 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Let's hope this works!

• It won't. It can't possibly be fixed that quickly. 20 zetas said it burns second time around also.
  • So... Clear opponents board with 6 victories. He gets 2 victories against my 6 defensive team placements.. Reward box says opponent won 577-540 banners. Reward box says i receive second place finish rewards. Contact help line which insists i received proper rewards. What a grand mess.
  • TearFarmer wrote: »
    This was the most poorly designed thing I've ever seen in this game. No insight offered as to what the format is, no information provided as to what transpired. It's less fun than your 149th Galactic War. I won the 2 battles I attempted, didn't look my opponent even tried, yet it resulted in a draw and I ended up in 2nd place because of my GP? Whoever came up with this mess has all the creativity of goldfish. And the kind they give as prizes at the fair...not the Japanese pond-dwelling kind. :P

You mean when both teams use their top defenses, then don't have enough to attack on both sides and you both win? What's wrong with that?
  • PicpusMx wrote: »
    I worked for a long time as a developer, and all I can say to all of these people that complain about the lack of testing: you are clueless!

Seriously, do you really think internal testing with, let's say all the employees, is the same as with hundreds of thousands players? Season 0 IS the real test! They are probably struggling with a server overload or something like that.

Take a deep breath, calm down and STOP attacking your opponent until it's resolved.

This is ridiculous. This wasn’t a minor bug that couldn’t possibly have been identified during testing.
    The whole game mode was broken. Completely. For every single person.

Server overload? I don’t buy it. Sorry, they know how many people play this game. They have those metrics, probably down to the minute. The server loading was totally predictable. If that was the cause than it was due to laziness or incompetence. Not because it couldn’t possibly have been anticipated.

Maybe you’re new here and this is your first experience with new content roll out. I used to think like you - “cut them some slack” or “give them the benefit of the doubt”.

But after seeing every major update go like this, they’ve lost that goodwill from me. Now it’s very obviously a complete lack of respect for their customers. It’s an attitude of “Its Star Wars and we have the only license. They will take any junk we throw at them”. It’s pure greed, and it’s really disgusting to see it in action.
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    PicpusMx wrote: »
    I worked for a long time as a developer, and all I can say to all of these people that complain about the lack of testing: you are clueless!

Seriously, do you really think internal testing with, let's say all the employees, is the same as with hundreds of thousands players? Season 0 IS the real test! They are probably struggling with a server overload or something like that.

Take a deep breath, calm down and STOP attacking your opponent until it's resolved.

This is ridiculous. This wasn’t a minor bug that couldn’t possibly have been identified during testing.
    The whole game mode was broken. Completely. For every single person.

Server overload? I don’t buy it. Sorry, they know how many people play this game. They have those metrics, probably down to the minute. The server loading was totally predictable. If that was the cause than it was due to laziness or incompetence. Not because it couldn’t possibly have been anticipated.

Maybe you’re new here and this is your first experience with new content roll out. I used to think like you - “cut them some slack” or “give them the benefit of the doubt”.

But after seeing every major update go like this, they’ve lost that goodwill from me. Now it’s very obviously a complete lack of respect for their customers. It’s an attitude of “Its Star Wars and we have the only license. They will take any junk we throw at them”. It’s pure greed, and it’s really disgusting to see it in action.
    ExactlyThis.

I'm also a developer and it's obviously no server overload or something like that. Furthermore, that kind of major bug never should have made it into production ! I don't know in what company you have been working for, but any serious one, would not tolerate that kind of oversight. In the best cases it has a really bad image impact, in the worst cases it can cost millions or even lives (like in transport or health care).

That beeing said it's only a game, no harm done but yet, as I stated previously, a negative image, thus the fact that customers are upset is completely understandable.
  • @CG_SBCrumb so after such a stellar launch to Grand Arena with it not even slightly working, 1 or 2 questions I gotta ask. 1. Can you add a leave button within the next 20 hours before the next blunder starts? I hit join by accident and have 0 desire to participate because tw sucks and this is just small scale tw but also because 2. You lied, “everyone will get first place” then why do I have a screenshot of my rewards for 2nd place? An may aswell add 3. Did you guys bother testing the game mode at all before adding another time leech to the game? As if the game isn’t demanding enough as it is.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    GA Join: 24 hours
    GA Set defenses: 24 hours
    Ga fighting: No idea, but it was over when I woke up. Never got a chance to do anything, neither did my opponent. Ended in a draw and got second place rewards.

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Only problem I have here is 24hrs X 6 for these two GA's and a total of 10 seconds to join, 2 minutes to place defenses and 18 minutes to fight battles.

So out of 8,640 minutes we get 40 min of play time.... that means this game mode entails actual gameplay during the course of this event .004% of the time....which will go up a little bit once we are playing more than one person.. so there is that.

edit srry .4 not .004
  • CombatCommander7
    466 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Nvm. Got 'em now
    Post edited by CombatCommander7 on
  • Massive issues: after ever grand arena battle fought, the client resets and reloads the game completely. Then having fought everyone and won first time, the arena game reset completely and I didn’t receive any rewards and I’ve gone back to the setup phase again.
  • You took my time for nothing, my time is not free, i want it back!
  • Will rosters be frozen after signup phase or after Setup Phase?
  • echoing the above complaints on matchmaking this round. seems like number of toons at gear
    tier 12 was NOT considered. my opponent has 29 gear tier 12 toons, and i have 8.

so why haven't you geared more characters to g12? Your opponent managed to do so at the same gp. It's not the devs fault you built a non competitive roster.

this just means that the assumption is that when you reach a certain galactic power, you reached
    that GP the exact same way/play style. okay, i
    can see that line of thought.
  • Carduel wrote: »
    Kmotr wrote: »
    Sprosti ste jak daleko vidite. A to som sa zaregistroval len preto ze ma serete uz pekne dlho. Tolko chujovin robit zaradom sa len tak nevidi. Dufam ze aspon copy-paste do prekladaca zvladnete blbci

For our western friends, here’s the translation: You are as dumb as far you can see. I’ve registered only because you’ve been upsetting me for a long time. So many dumb things in a row one can’t see every day. I hope you can copy- paste into the translator at least, you dummies. End of translation.

No, mě to nasralo taky moc pěkně, kámo, vytrpěl sem so dva restarty. Mohlo to být líp otestované, když nás takhle masírujou předem, a pak taková studená sprcha hned v první čtvrthodině.

Ďakujem Ti za preklad. Tak decentne by som to v angličtine asi nezvládol, mal som úplne iné slová na jazyku :) Tiež som prešiel dvoma reštartmi kým mi došlo, že chlapci zas niečo nezvládli.

Sorry guys for post in my native language, but it was above my english skills, to write not too offensive post as I was realy upset. Thanks Carduel for translation.
  • I still locked out and cannot play any game mode or even pass the start up screen going on 12 plus hours now. ****
  • Well, what a grand mess this turned out to be.
  • BattleT wrote: »
    Will rosters be frozen after signup phase or after Setup Phase?

After sign up phase just like TW (after your opponent has been set, basically)
  • Vohbo wrote: »
    GA Join: 24 hours
    GA Set defenses: 24 hours
    Ga fighting: No idea, but it was over when I woke up. Never got a chance to do anything, neither did my opponent. Ended in a draw and got second place rewards.

Read the announcements.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I just kinda want to know how this got through any kind of testing on the development side. I mean, the devs can't have just coded the thing and sent it out without trying it, but it sure looks that way. The other part is that somehow, somebody green-lit this update. I mean, how hard is it to just play the game before updating it? If this was a minor tweak, fine. However, this was a big change that was completely botched and could have been avoided with 10 min of testing.
  • echoing the above complaints on matchmaking this round. seems like number of toons at gear
    tier 12 was NOT considered. my opponent has 29 gear tier 12 toons, and i have 8.

so why haven't you geared more characters to g12? Your opponent managed to do so at the same gp. It's not the devs fault you built a non competitive roster.

this just means that the assumption is that when you reach a certain galactic power, you reached
    that GP the exact same way/play style. okay, i
    can see that line of thought.

The main point is that your play style is your choice. A competitive play style will result in a more competitive roster. Now it's fine to be a collector, but with that play style, you realistically won't be competitive in pvp.

Nothing but yourself stopped you from building a tighter roster. So you only have yourself to blame if you aren't competitive.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Maybe this has been asked or answered, but..
    Why is the start time different from every other event??
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Also, can we re-use teams when we get to the next tier opponents? If so, grand arena is much less interesting to me. Basically would the same handful of meta teams every round. Super boring.
  • While we're at it......my opponent had 42 G12 characters to my 19 G12 characters. He/she beat my six squads with a total of 8 attacks. They shut down the event before I could finish my attacks, but I would have been able to take out two, maybe three, of his/her squads.

There have been similar balancing issues with the TWs, but I always gave CG a pass since I get that it is hard to balance guilds that have up to 50 participants. However, balancing groups of 8 should be much, much easier. Maybe the wins and losses will eventually balance out the ecosystem, but they could add a few more stats to their matchmaking to smooth out the process.