Can't get new client in China

Prev1
Since the game required a new client to update I haven't been able to play. I can't access the google play store here in China and rely on 3rd party android app stores but there hasn't been an update to the game client released to any stores. I've tried searching for an apk but even the ones that say they are version 14 show an older release date and talk about changes to mods. Can't find any apk related to grand arena.
It's very frustrating because I have been looking and trying almost every hour for over a day and have missed payouts, free energy and TB.
Does anyone have any ideas to help me find the new client? In the past I think I found an apk online but no luck so far this time.

Replies

• Now I've missed two days of squad and fleet arena and lots of energy wasted.
  • Have you tried APK Pure?
  • Thanks for your answer. I know I've checked that before so that might be how I got a new client last time but it seems to be blocked in China now.
  • Can you get VPN access?
  • I paid for VPN years ago, but it wasn't great and eventually didn't work at all. There are many others I could use but it hasn't been a priority for me to try to find a new good one and I wouldn't want to pay for it so it'd have to be free.
    I'm not sure how it eventually gets into the app stores here, but I'm getting the feeling it has nothing to do with CG.
    I hope I can get in before the end of the day or I'll miss a log in too which will be a lost zeta mat at the end of the month.
  • I used a VPN to play in China about 2 years ago. I think that would be your safest bet right now.
  • I'm hoping there's an alternative. VPN popups are everywhere which makes me feel like they must be full of spyware.
  • Maybe it’s time to get out of China so you can play SWGOH freely :D:D

America <Blank> Yeah!
  • While I appreciate the Team America reference, it's not super helpful.
    Now over 48 hours that I haven't been able to log in. I used my wife's iPhone and there seems to be a v14 update in the app store. Don't companies have a way to push their updates out for android in China? People here spend tons of money on mobile games, seems odd to neglect this market.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    the dev team cannot bypass google/apple to push an update.
  • That sucks but thanks for letting me know.
    Hope someone from my guild reads these forums and can find out what happened to me, I'm usually in the game every few hours so don't want them worrying I was in an accident or something lol
  • Kyno wrote: »

Except in China there's no google store so it has nothing to do with google (nor apple for that matter since we're talking about android).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TWings wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Except in China there's no google store so it has nothing to do with google (nor apple for that matter since we're talking about android).

this was in response to his statement.
  • What you mean is they don't care about China ?
    You'd think the "dev team" or whoever is concerned wouldn't want to ignore a market that big and work with the local app store(s) as well as they do with google and apple for other markets.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    That sucks but thanks for letting me know.
    Hope someone from my guild reads these forums and can find out what happened to me, I'm usually in the game every few hours so don't want them worrying I was in an accident or something lol
    I hope a developer reads this instead and finds a workaround / some sort of resolution to you and the Chinese player base

• Kyno wrote: »

Nor can they release new content without any issues.

What they can do is rip you off in the store.
    It's true because This keeps getting deleted. So much for free speach
  • I care about but can tolerate the lost resources and rewards but I'm one of the top GP members of my guild so they're all affected by my absence too and that bothers me.
    Is it possible to put out client updates a week before they are needed to play the game? The app stores here will (hopefully) get the updated apk eventually and if there was a week between release and needing it maybe it'd be in the stores here once it was needed to get in the game.
  • Have you tried APKpure? I found the site via Reddit just now. They seem to have the APK from December 4, version 0.14.388097. Mine shows 0.14.0 when I check ingame, so this should be a current version.

If this doesn't work, maybe someone with a rooted Android device can upload the APK to their webspace or a file hosting service for you. Downloaded apps can be found in the /data/app folder on rooted devices. Alas, I can't root mine without losing the warranty.
  • I think APKpure is how I got the last update but it's blocked in China now.
    Spent hours looking up which android stores are good in China and then trying to find this game. When I can find the game they don't have the latest update.
  • I've rooted an Android emulator and managed to get the APK file on my PC. It's 70 MB large. Is there a free file hosting service that you can access from China?
  • Wow! That's incredibly generous of you to take the time to help me!
    Several file hosting sites like media fire don't work in China but this page loads:
    https://upload.cat/
    Does that work for you?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    What you mean is they don't care about China ?
    You'd think the "dev team" or whoever is concerned wouldn't want to ignore a market that big and work with the local app store(s) as well as they do with google and apple for other markets.

You do know that governments sometimes have more control over content released to it's people than that. It's not about anyone ignoring a market, but being told that they cant bring certain things into it.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Another option is: http://www.datafilehost.com/

https://www.datafilehost.com/d/d8bf7636

Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes 0.14.388097

Hope it works for you. Got the apk from apkmirror.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/electronic-arts/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-0-14-388097-release/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-0-14-388097-android-apk-download/download/

EDIT DISCLAIMER : TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK! I DID NOT TRY IT , ONLY DOWNLOADED IT AND REUPLOADED FOR OUR ALIEN OVERLORD.
  • I didn't know that such generosity existed on the Internet! I'd seen people answer questions, even help search for answers but both Darth_DeVito and Gair really went beyond expectations! I'm feeling the Christmas spirit, which is extremely rare in China (since they don't celebrate Christmas).
    Thank you so much! I'm downloading now.
  • TWings
    59 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    What you mean is they don't care about China ?

You do know that governments sometimes have more control over content released to it's people than that. It's not about anyone ignoring a market, but being told that they cant bring certain things into it.
    I do know that Star Wars products (movies and such) are released in China, mobile games with the same kind of system are also released in China. But for some reason SWGOH can't be officially released in China because of its content ? What content would that be, I can't help but wonder. Sounds to me like some EA staffs aren't doing their job properly. But I guess that's not what they're famous for anyway.
  • Looks like I have to say something after reading through your post. I am a Chinese player, and I use Android devices(no emulator). I've been playing this game for nearly 2 years(till the end of next Jan.) but literally haven't had any troubles except in-game purchase(Android players have to do it via Google pay, which is really a HUGE problem here. However, iOS players don't have to worry about it, as well as the login issues.), thus I'm still a FTP. I'm abled to climb through those heavy Revan walls, though.
    As far as I know, MOST of the Android devices DO support Google play here as long as you install Google services correctly. VPN or other similar tools are always required when using GP or any other Google related services like Google search and Youtube(with the exception of Google translate), unless you're under some special network environment(one example is campus network in some universities). I personally bought NordVPN(this is not an ad.) to play this game and watch Youtube. A varity of free choices is out there if you're willing to find.
    I can clearly tell that this game is not targeting Chinese market, though EA have already made a considerable profit from here(almost all of it is from iOS players). I haven't seen them advertising this game here anytime or anywhere. However, I don't think it's impossible for them to offically enter this market(I can't find any illegal elements inside this game).
    Lastly, if you have some Chinese allies, none of the updating or login issues would be a problem, lol.
  • Please clarify on the Chinese allies. I don't have problems logging in or updating, just with new client releases that don't appear in the Chinese app stores (currently I use AppChina and TapTap but checked a dozen other stores the past couple days).
    Happy to report I was able to download the apk from the file sharing site, install it and log in :smiley:
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Please clarify on the Chinese allies. I don't have problems logging in or updating, just with new client releases that don't appear in the Chinese app stores (currently I use AppChina and TapTap but checked a dozen other stores the past couple days).
    Happy to report I was able to download the apk from the file sharing site, install it and log in :smiley:

Excellent news. Glad to help.
  • Please clarify on the Chinese allies. I don't have problems logging in or updating, just with new client releases that don't appear in the Chinese app stores (currently I use AppChina and TapTap but checked a dozen other stores the past couple days).

Oh, you don't have problems logging in with Google Play account?
    As for 'Chinese allies', I mean if you know some Chinese friends who play this game, things would be a lot easier. :)
    Get a handy VPN(whether free or not) and update the client in Google Play is still the most recommended method, IMO.