Palpatine Lead: Who to Zeta First

I am making a Palpatine team and wonder what order to zeta my characters, I have
PalpL
Vader
Thrawn
Sion
Nihlus

Replies

• Skywlkr76
    21 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I did Palp lead, Sion, DN unique, Palp unique. I never bothered with Vader or Thrawn
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Palp lead and Sion. I ran that team for a long time in top 30-70 and never Zetaed the rest. They are unnecessary.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Palp lead, Sion needed

optionals- Ebb and Flow, DN unique, Vader unique
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Palp lead and Sion. I ran that team for a long time in top 30-70 and never Zetaed the rest. They are unnecessary.

What do you run now? This is my current team with

Palp (L w/ zeta)
    Fallen Bastila
    Thrawn (E&B zeta)
    Sion (unique zeta)
    Nihlus

https://swgoh.gg/p/172882313/characters/

For better reference. ^^
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Now I runs Qira Scoundrels. Qira, Vandor Chewie, L3, RHan and OG Chewie. Still stay 30-70 range and I'm the only person in my top 100 that runs scoundrels. I could probably climb higher if I switched to CLS, but I just find them fun and want to be different. No other reasons.

Fallen Bastilla seems like she would be great but I haven't levelled or used her yet.
  • Must-Have
    : Emperor of Galactic Empire
    : Lord of Pain
    Highly Recommended
    : Ebb and Flow
    : Crackling Doom
    Optional
    : There is no escape
    : Lord of Hunger
  • EP lead, Sion unique and DN unique is a must.
    Ebb and Flow is good but not a must.
  • Palpatine lead makes the team

Sion's unique keeps your team alive, especially on defense, but being able to taunt their whole team the entire time

Thrawn's unique keeps your fractured opponent fractured for virtually the entire time

Nihilus's unique adds another DOT that, while in and of itself isnt fight breaking, it's another debuff that adds to vader's culling blade as well as procs palpatine's lead when it falls off

Palpatine's unique helps his tankiness, which is not a bad thing

Vader's unique helps him in certain matchups not reduce his TM and heals him in a pinch

That's relatively the order in which you want to zeta them and for relatively the right reasons
  • 1. EP lead
    2. Sion unique
    3. DN unique
    4. Thrawn unique
    5. EP unique
    (Vader unique not worth it)
  • After Palpatine, Sion and thrawn are the only ones that are worth it. After them, put your zetas somewhere else
  • I’m not putting zeta on thrawn yet as I have found no need in reducing TM in fracture yet in arena maybe pit raid use but not in arena up to this point. With speed of fights in arena don’t see it having much use and have better zetas to prioritize first.
  • All the Zeta does is set the fractured character back when it wears off, thereby delaying their next turn. If they happened to have less than 50% TM when you fractured them then yes, the Zeta won't help. But in the opening moves in arena it can be quite beneficial if timed right.
  • 1st things 1st, switch thrawn for LAB, then go palp lead, sion unique, and palp unique. others are unnecessary.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • Bahumat wrote: »
    1st things 1st, switch thrawn for LAB, then go palp lead, sion unique, and palp unique. others are unnecessary.

Who is LAB?
  • Bahumat wrote: »
    1st things 1st, switch thrawn for LAB, then go palp lead, sion unique, and palp unique. others are unnecessary.

Who is LAB?

Life Alert Bastila
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • @Bahumat Hahaha!
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Bahumat Hahaha!

Best I've seen so far are LAB, Nasty Basty, and I saw someone refer to her as goth barbie once. :D
  • #1 - EP Lead
    #2 - Sion
    #3 - DN Unique
    #4 - EP Unique
    #5 - Ebb and Flow
    Technically you could stop after Sion for a minimal investment.