Thrawn Mythic

The final tier is nuts. I wish Phoenix Squad was that good for me. A challenge is fine, this is just rediculous. Okay tell me how your g8 squad did it without mods.

Replies

• WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    You probably need either a G10+ and modded for protection Shoretrooper or the patience to reroll ad nauseum until you get perfect RNG. Other than that, if you can survive a round or two, ZPalp+Vader will drain a TON of hp, especially from Ezra and Canan (both Rebl+Jedi), with Palp's unique. Vader can apply tons of DOTs, immediately go again, and 1 shot sucka-chumps. The remaining two are whatever tanky/durable empire characters you want. (The first times this came around I used Death trooper for deathmark to help take down the tankier characters (Zeb and Chopper) or Tarkin for offense down into turn removal, but I think any beefy empire toons you have to take hits so Palp and Vader can do their thing will work. (Thrawn is amazing here but I assume you don't have him geared, thus the post about the event's difficulty.)
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • How I did it;
    G11 Thrawn, zeta unique
    G11 Shore
    G11 Vader, zeta
    G11 Palp, zeta
    G11 Death
    Only Death and Vader survived
  • Other than that, if you can survive a round or two, ZPalp Lead+Vader will drain a TON of hp, especially from Ezra and Canan (both Rebl+Jedi), with Palp's unique.

You can't have any other lead than Thrawn in this event unfortunately

• DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    My biggest issue is the risk vs reward is not even worth it.

Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • Pieriku wrote: »
    Other than that, if you can survive a round or two, ZPalp Lead+Vader will drain a TON of hp, especially from Ezra and Canan (both Rebl+Jedi), with Palp's unique.

You can't have any other lead than Thrawn in this event unfortunately

True. Fixed.
  • I have to run Thrawn, Palp, Tarkin, TFP and Vader.

Vader is G12 with a few 6 dot mods on him. Thrawn is G12 and the rest are G11.

TFP is dead before he gets a shot off, so he's completely useless and he's the fastest. Same with Tarkin.

That leaves the other three, though Palp is usually dead on the next salvo, so he's useless.

Thrawn can't do that much by himself, nor can Vader.

Conclusion, turn meter pre-load needs to stop being a thing and I need to spend another 14.8 years gearing up Death trooper and shoretrooper by the looks of things. Especially Shore as the pre-taunt is probably the only way to survive the opening barrage.

In any case I won't be doing it this time. It is literally impossible given current toons/gear. Over 200 speed with all of them and that makes not a lick of difference.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • I have to run Thrawn, Palp, Tarkin, TFP and Vader.

Vader is G12 with a few 6 dot mods on him. Thrawn is G12 and the rest are G11.

TFP is dead before he gets a shot off, so he's completely useless and he's the fastest. Same with Tarkin.

That leaves the other three, though Palp is usually dead on the next salvo, so he's useless.

Thrawn can't do that much by himself, nor can Vader.

Conclusion, turn meter pre-load needs to stop being a thing and I need to spend another 14.8 years gearing up Death trooper and shoretrooper by the looks of things. Especially Shore as the pre-taunt is probably the only way to survive the opening barrage.

In any case I won't be doing it this time. It is literally impossible given current toons/gear. Over 200 speed with all of them and that makes not a lick of difference.

Pretty much sums it up for me as well.
  • Yes and need to keep restarting when Ezra AND Chopper can strip Shore of his taunt anyway.

I wish my Kanan could Crit for 18.5k...
  • Plus)
    Why is Thrawn leader?

At Palpatine Mythic Tier, Palpatine is not a leader, just crew.
    Everybody knows Palp zeta leadership is one of the best leader abilities.
    But we can’t use his both Palp and Thrawn’s Mythic Tier.
    Vader Can’t earn TM by lots of debuff. Palpatine too.

I was pretty disappointed.
    Perhap... I should have Shore...
  • i did it only recently with the help of fast thrawn and stormtrooper. give tm to st, taunt and hope ezra misses dispel. vaders damage over time does the damage, palp slowes them down, deathtrooper's deathmark and fracture do a one shot kill.
  • G12 Thrawn Vader Imp Tfp Tarkin (as only one g10)
    Need to restart if imp dies in first round. You will need thrawn, vader and imp the rest can die as kanan wont die without the anti heal debuff from imp/or DT (if you have).
    Usually restarting 0-2 times for this event as its rng whom they kill at start (if they manage to kill anyone except tarkin mostly).
  • @DuneSeaFarmer

I'm with you. I've had the thought that Shore would help, but really, at least one of my toons dies before I get a single turn. That's always Vader, and then Phoenix gets 2-5 more turns. It's actually WORSE if only one toon dies, since that means they're spreading out their damage and as soon as you take one turn the counterattack will kill you.

zeta on Palp's unique would maybe help him last longer - one more hit, basically, but not even that when Ezra or Sabine is doing the hitting - but I count on 2 toons dying before Vader goes, then it's 50/50 whether another toon dies before my second toon gets a turn. Vader is over 200 before his speed bonus for fighting rebels. Thrawn is 245+ (I don't remember exactly).TFP is 240+. Palp is down around 205, but that's still not slow. I can't remember DT's or Tarkin's speeds (I've tried both), but I think I only have +50 or +60 on Tarkin. I did 6 restarts and they were averaging about 13 turns before Vader moved once (and that's the turns: with Ezra double-tapping and calling assists, there's more than 13 hits).

I'm g12 6-dot mods on Vader, same on Thrawn, but only 2 of his mods are 6-dot. I have one other g12 Empire toon (TFP), palp is g11 + 5/6. I usually use g11 & 4/6 DT as my 5th toon.

It would still be crazy, but it might be doable for me if Thrawn was in the Ally slot (even if it was my Thrawn - he's g12 + 4/6 with good mods and both zetas), especially if I could take 6 empire toons up against the 6 Phoenix toons.

Long term I guess I just have to gear my Shoretrooper (he's been sitting at g8 forever since there's always someone who needs a Stun Gun more than Shore). The thing is that I don't think I need him for anything other than this event - and maybe the equally crazy Ewok-mythic tier. Do I really want to drop multiple stun guns on one toon I don't need to beat 2 mythic tiers? For sure not any time soon. Maybe someday I'll be swimming in Stun Guns, but only after I finish Wampa in the GEStore.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    All events like this do is drive players to other games. And then EA/CG wonders why they left. Ahh well such is life.
  • @MasterSeedy Shore is incredible on an IT team, you don't already have one for DSTB. He is also part of a still excellent ship so pilots are always worth gearing up.
  • @Vendi1983

I'm sure you're right, but I'm currently winning every DS TB combat node and all the specials except the final IPD-required p6 special mission. Maybe I would do better in that one with Shore, but since IPD is only g7 at this point (only got to 7* in Nov) I think gearing up Sion and some others is the bigger priority.

And, yeah, pilots are always good, but I take 1st in Fleet Arena every day that I have time to fight, and I'm not sure he'd cause me to fall less overnight (I usually fall either to 3-4 or to 7-9 or to 11-13, depending on luck). So even as a pilot, Shore doesn't get that priority boost...

That's the thing: even when a toon is dead useful if there are 3-5 other toons more important, you can't spare the gear. And there always seems to be 3-5 toons more important than Shore. He's always close, but never quite hits top priority. ("Always the bride's maid, never the bride" comes to mind.)

Meanwhile, have you tried RangeT? If you thought your Troopers were deadly before, the offense boost from constant assists is terrifying - not to mention the counterattacks. You can't heal (so you can't stop the **** Plague from the NS squads), but constantly refreshing that +30% protection works just as well on most squads.

RangeT was a big part of winning my first Grand Arena by preventing protection loss then countering them to death.
  • Meanwhile, have you tried RangeT?

I did, here's the result. No Palpatine, no Vader, no Tank at all. Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLnnXUzIVE
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    Meanwhile, have you tried RangeT?

I did, here's the result. No Palpatine, no Vader, no Tank at all. Enjoy:

SIEG! Wunderbar!
  • @MasterSeedy @Kisakee

That's exactly what I'm building towards! 30/100 so far on Range. Shore is 6*, Starck is 5*. Surprisingly they decimated in GA, better than my G12 multi-Zeta arena team...

mzrqyv6l8iay.png
  • @Vendi1983 @Kisakee

My RangeT is 91/100, so I couldn't use it in the Thrawn Mythic this weekend, but I'll be trying it next time. Even at g9, though, he makes the ITs thrashin'.

@Vendi1983

I'm guessing you have the Veers zeta, but most folks I know with Zeers already have 7* Starck so I didn't want to assume. Also I can't see your 5th IT up top - who was it? My squad was Zeers, Starck, DT, Snow, Range. I thought about leaving Starck out and going for more offense, but Starck is the quickest IT and if you use Starck's buff it gives everyone else TM and you don't need to have speed on everyone for your whole squad to go first. That ended up being a good decision. I couldn't quite finish my first enemy before the other squad went, but when they started firing the counter-attacks killed them and gave me TM before they could burn through the +30% bonus protection.

• Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    zVeers 7*/G9 210 speed
    Starck 5*/G9 240
    Range 6*/G8 175
    Snow 7*/G8 140
    Shore 5*/G8 140

They're awesome. My opponents BHs never took a single turn. Starck special opening, Veers multi assist on the weakest one and boom. TM train. No recovery after that. This exact squad can clear the Phase 5 Veers/Snow mission even at those gear levels. Was really fun.
  • Troopers huh?

I have started work on them, but due to gear concerns I can't justify diverting guild tokens to getting Starkers. So I put it on hold. Not to mention the Cantina is tighter than a ducks bottom when it comes to dropping shards.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • I had the same thought about Starck but just bit the bullet for about three or four weeks to get him to 5*. Every raid I bought one of his shards and then all the rest plus Guild activity towards gear. Barely noticed it.
  • The major PITA of the Thrawn mythic - which I clear every time it runs - is the opening salvo. If Phoenix decide to wail on EP once they’ve hit everyone for the first time, I lose. And there’s nothing I can do about it.

If EP survives, it’s usually pretty safe from there.
  • Finally beat it, put in unique zeta on DV.

zEP, zzDV, zThrawn, Tarkin, RG. All g12, except RG - g11.
  • Yea I tried that one didn’t get a shot off it’s such an unbalanced fight
  • Yea I tried that one didn’t get a shot off it’s such an unbalanced fight

I had to survive the opening salvo, and luckily I did.
  • Once you're G11-G12 it's all down to modding properly and RNG. Might have to restart 10x or more, but if you're still struggling at those gear levels it's your mods not your team.
  • Finally beat it, all this hassle for a couple mods..

d5d4eo10cxob.png

RG had 69k of Protection, pulled mods from Baze

zThrawn g12, zzDV g12,zzEP g12, Tarkin g12, RG g11
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Took like 20 tries, but here's how I did it:
    • XI: zThrawn (on ebb and flow)
    • XI: Palp
    • XII: Vader
    • XI: Death Trooper
    • X: Shore Trooper

Shore is basically the canary in this mine shaft. Lost one other as well, Vader I think. The key is for Palp to stay alive long enough to get that first aoe stun off (and hope he gets a lot of stuns with it). Boosting Palp's speed helped make that happen.
  • enlguy
    85 posts Member
    The speed thing is what's most ridiculous. I'm with the others that are forced to use Thrawn, Vader, EP, Tarkin and TFP. All G12+ minues Tarkin and TFP, speed around 200 or better on most (240 on Thrawn), and I counted, Phoenix took 14 turns before I got my first. That's ridiculous. RNG barely makes a difference when you get that many turns before the player, when he's modded all his toons for speed. The only time I really got anywhere (I think I killed two of them) was when I got some lucky dodges. Worst luck was Thrawn getting stunned for an entire encounter. I mean he didn't get one turn, and he's my fastest.

I think this is how the mythic tiers go, not that I think it's okay. They are nearly impossible due to whatever factors are in play, often having to do with speed, sometimes special mechanics. I get that it's meant to be hard, but ... If G12+ with speed can't get more than a couple hits in.... It's not good enough that a few people can do it, it should be attainable with reasonably well built characters. If well modded G12s are falling that quickly, maybe the event should be reworked.