Is every guild out there a collector guild?

U might ask what is a collector guild. So I will answer that first. A guild centered on collecting whatever gp they can get for tb deployment and losing reward tiers for TW.

Just asking because have been in 2 and if it was T6 practice for 2 weeks or T7 still the same don’t care about guild currency so no lose. Need to know if I aimlessly hope from one guild to another or accept fate nobody plays this game just log in for rewards.

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Have you tried posting in the guild recruitment section with the parameters of what you are looking for?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Guilds usually classify themselves, I would start by asking any guild you are joining if they have the same focus you do, whatever that is.

Depending on you age in the game, you may see some guilds more focuses on TB, but I would not say that is the norm.
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Liath wrote: »
    Have you tried posting in the guild recruitment section with the parameters of what you are looking for?
    yes I mentioned leaving because of lost currency from 2week T6 practice just to be in same place just with t7 smh.

Don’t know if I should say arena requirements to reduce chance of majority collecting while a minority that want to do competive aspect of game but don’t need equipment will practice waste others tickets and equipment because collectors won’t care. Average arena is over 200 that should have been my sign right there don’t think collectors can get too 100

• Guilds range from 5M to 200M
    Friendly active discord
    Great place for new and old players.
    We work as a family and treat people as players not numbers.
    We have opt in or out of tw guilds or hardcore tw guilds as know you either love it or hate it.
    Each guild has private channels so there's not a massive list, then we have a server wide section where all guilds can talk to each other , if you like a active discord with great people then this is the place for you.
    Come chat to one of our recruiters
    https://discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Yeah don’t do discord as I know how to play game don’t need coaching I put that in my post as well. And not even necessary told a guy in shard tips on thrawn he completed after no discord required. 7* g8 just like me new he could do it.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    yeah i used to say the same for the first 18 months of guilds, best thing i ever done was join these guys... no hassles plenty rewards.
    nobody does coaching if you dont want it coaching is for those who actually ask for help etc.
    give it a try its honestly worth it. if you dont like it after a week or 2 what have you lost?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    2smooth wrote: »
    Yeah don’t do discord as I know how to play game don’t need coaching I put that in my post as well.

Not all guilds have the same MO but we'd never take someone who says they don't use discord because they already know everything.

1) Discord is for more than learning.
    2) Everyone has something they can get better at.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I’m just never getting discord any with those requirements won’t be in. Takes to much time checking refreshes and playing game to add more onto it as I don’t log in to collect rewards no time for discord can b reached in game.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Yeah don’t do discord as I know how to play game don’t need coaching I put that in my post as well.

Not all guilds have the same MO but we'd never take someone who says they don't use discord because they already know everything.

main purpose is to learn I learn in game these discord conversations r like people having pointless conversation like i have more gp better player which makes no sense having more toons doesn’t make u better have to know how to use them.

• 2smooth wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

main purpose is to learn I learn in game these discord conversations r like people having pointless conversation like i have more gp better player which makes no sense having more toons doesn’t make u better have to know how to use them.

In game chat sucks compared to discord. You can't send memes, funny videos or other things. You're limited to that small character count, only can view like 30 messages before they dissappear.

We mostly use discord to hang out and talk. When it comes time for war we have maps so everyone understands the plan. We can also message people and they don't need to be in game for us to reach them. They get a push notification.
    It is also great for learning and helping each other, we take in a variety of skill levels so we can help guide the new guys or share raid teams with vets and see who can do the most damage with a certain team.
    P.s We have never once just compared GP sizes.
    I’m just never getting discord any with those requirements won’t be in. Takes to much time checking refreshes and playing game to add more onto it as I don’t log in to collect rewards no time for discord can b reached in game.

So, you want an hstr guild with average arena ranks of 100+, no discord and noone to give you help when/if you request it? Good luck, may be better off trying to start your own guild with your requirements.
  • I didn’t say hstr if I request help I would get just like I have up to this point no discord and hasn’t held me back in any aspect of game.
    I mentioned guild currency not character shards not something I would expect a collector to understand multiple sith tiers that provide that as most equipment from sith holds no value at my stage. Just because in a guild that’s working towards hsith doesn’t mean i want it now or would be in one that has on farm to collect bottom rewards because I collect and no way I could reach top ten. Arena requirements r to prevent going to collector guilds that prevent players from progressing just to say they have more g12.
  • No discord or awful line just means the guild wont be organized and wont get higher rewards, if you dont want to be a team player dont join a guild
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

I'd be surprised if you've never been kicked from a guild before if you think Discord is primarily for learning and bragging.
  • No we have discord in r game chat and guess what doesn’t improve players scores as they r not farming equipment just zetas no mods because end game means Tb not sith .

Discord has nothing to do with team play as I have help players threw in game chat to take down bosk or beat thrawn 7* g8 disproving ur notion discord is needed for that.
  • TVF wrote: »

I'd be surprised if you've never been kicked from a guild before if you think Discord is primarily for learning and bragging.
    nope but nice try trolling players get kicked for not playing or have seen officers kick for pit raid races when it starts to early but their job is to communicate that. But players get kick for dum reasons there really shouldn’t be talk of tw or contributing when most of guild is collecting meaning don’t put time in.
    If they sign up to increase gp for lossin rewards or deployment haven’t they done their job as a collector? Sometimes collectors don’t understand what that means u don’t put time in.

• VanKings22
    219 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    No we have discord in r game chat and guess what doesn’t improve players scores as they r not farming equipment just zetas no mods because end game means Tb not sith .

Discord has nothing to do with team play as I have help players threw in game chat to take down bosk or beat thrawn 7* g8 disproving ur notion discord is needed for that.
    You will never be in a high end guild, discord is for organizing, strats, who hits where in whatever game mode is up to help the entire guild and just general team bonding and friendship

As an officer in a 165+ guild I would never take someone like you in even if you had everything maxed, you will just mess things up for everyone on the team because you wont read any messages which means 49 others get hurt on missing rewards because you think you know better.

• Ur point of view hold know meaning because I read messages in game. But like I said not at that stage anyways and might be reason everyone starts own guild once they reach point because high end might not be the way.
    Ur point of view hold know meaning because I read messages in game. But like I said not at that stage anyways and might be reason everyone starts own guild once they reach point because high end might not be the way.
    Organized guilds rarely post in game and wont post special just for one player who doesnt want to be a part of the team, good luck to you

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    VanKings22 wrote: »
    No we have discord in r game chat and guess what doesn’t improve players scores as they r not farming equipment just zetas no mods because end game means Tb not sith .

You will never be in a high end guild, discord is for organizing, strats, who hits where in whatever game mode is up to help the entire guild and just general team bonding and friendship

As an officer in a 165+ guild I would never take someone like you in even if you had everything maxed, you will just mess things up for everyone on the team because you wont read any messages which means 49 others get hurt on missing rewards because you think you know better.
    Ur point of view hold know meaning because I read messages in game. But like I said not at that stage anyways and might be reason everyone starts own guild once they reach point because high end might not be the way.
    Organized guilds rarely post in game and wont post special just for one player who doesnt want to be a part of the team, good luck to you

All of this.
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    ty but for future use as I’m not knowledgeable about guilds what needs to be organized is it just sith raids that r time dependent on each stage. I c organization with tw teams but Tb seems organized with commands as well not sure if those r other areas to be organized. And don’t need high end until those in my shard go that way and not there yet

• And thanks for ur knowledge of guilds what I have learned is no guild without discord would be ran in a way to not sacrifice members progress.

So no point in leaving for same results I have experienced up to this point in game. But would be interesting as I progress to c if a guild without discord can accomplish things like hsith. If it can’t be done in time I will find out but have that As my shard is far from hsith ready teams so that I have.
  • EduardoCadav
    390 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Reasons for having discord (or other messaging app) in an well organised competitive guild (will vary from guild to guild):

TB: Informing people of which platoons to ignore because they can't be filled. Notifying people with rare characters they are required and where to platoon them. Notifying people when platoons are filled and combat missions can begin. Notifying people which zone is more important to focus best combat mission team in. notifying people when combat missions are complete and deployment can begin. Occasionally notifying people of a requirement to stop deploying in a certain zone once 2* is reached (only really relevant in phase 6).

TW: Informing people individually which of their teams to use in which zone on defence. Informing people of a zone being cleared and what the next zone has on defence so they can go in game if they have the counter available. Chasing individuals who have a counter for a specific squad (looking at you Revan) to let them know there time to shine has come.

Sith Raid when trying to beat higher tiers: Informing people of the minimums expected for certain teams. Informing people with backup teams that they are needed when a goal is not quite met. Informing people of phase transitions.

General: Notifying people who have forgotten to make 600 tickets or notifying others you'll be away from the game for any time period. Sharing tactics and strategies not widely known outside of the guild (although admittedly those don't stay secret for long as if they are good they'll be found by others eventually). Long and detailed theory crafting discussions about squad composition, game mechanics and modding - this game is complicated, if you rely on trying to work things out yourself you will miss things. Not to mention it's just more efficient if you have a guild member who is an expert with a certain faction for example just to ask his/her advice than go searching online for hours on end and probably ending up with the wrong advice (if this forum is anything to go by).

Critical and most important aspect: Having fun. S**t posting each other (and opposition guilds). Posting memes and jokes. Potentially making real life friends certainly making great online friends and generally building a community of people who care about each others success and therefor try harder and generally end up contributing more because of that.

Other reasons to have discord: Most of the best information on how to play this game (every aspect of it) is to be found in specific discord servers. At the top end of shards you'll meet other players on your shard using discord and make friends with them too most likely.

Honestly though it's just more fun. I wouldn't still be playing this game if it wasn't for meeting other players and you just can't have proper conversations on the ingame chat.
    I didn’t say hstr if I request help I would get just like I have up to this point no discord and
    hasn’t held me back in any aspect of game.

Makes a thread complaining about being held back by inability to find a good guild.

Won't join discord because it 'hasn't held me back'.

/thread
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
    I didn’t say hstr if I request help I would get just like I have up to this point no discord and
    hasn’t held me back in any aspect of game.

Makes a thread complaining about being held back by inability to find a good guild.

Won't join discord because it 'hasn't held me back'.

/thread
    haha good one this will be like a challenge. Like when someone throws bosk on early shard that has 3 star ships max. It’s irritating but in time enjoy dropping that bosk because only few that can and they sit top 4 for a reason and everyone knows it.

They do a good job with orders for Tb when it comes to deploying and closing zones that can’t be reached.

Tw they set teams to put in specific zones for defense. The attack phase is a work in progress because requires ability to beat teams as more arena focused players join.

Think sith will be tougher challenge but think can be done without discord. Used kik before for madden forgot what we did on there besides talk trash and discuss game changes that could be exploited because that game wasn’t free 2 play.

• What are you talking about???
  • @Vendi1983

guild being able to be successful without discord. Seems to be a popular believe it is needed to reach top lvls of everything guild probably even fleet and squad ranks if u asked around.
  • Not what they said at all. They were specifically referencing Discord's usefulness in regards to TB, TW, and raid planning/strategy. It's also a much easier place to share ideas, seek advice, or give advice. In-game chat is very very limited on what it can offer.

And making grandiose blanket statements like they're referring to Fleet or Squad only results in you being ignored.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    If your question is "is every guild out there that doesn't require discord (or similar) a collector guild?" then the answer is quite possibly yes.
  • Liath I’m really not trying to find answer to that question lol. As 2 for 2 statistically speaking although small sample suggests 100%.

And with 200 or so non collectors in a shard of 5k it make sense the odds r against it being otherwise.

so not even worth guild hoping to be back where u start probably the reason most stay in same guild they have already come to this conclusion. I’m late as usual.