Rancor stealth buff?

Perhaps I missed it in the notes, but it seems that rancor resists tmr a LOT more than it used to. I used to be able to keep clr through all four phases, now it gets resisted enough that he gets chomped up in phase two

Replies

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I assume you mean CLS - in which case I find him to be really hit or miss. Even with his innate 40% Potency and Tenacity Down on the big ugly, I hit stretches where he'll resist the turn meter reduction three or four times in a row.

There's always a 15% chance to resist - you just hit a bad streak.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Toss a potency cross on CLS and you wont have to worry about it.
  • Use other TM removers with CLS, I use Cls lead, r2, JTR, RAID Han, bb8. Between the stealth and illuminated destiny. The filthy beast never gets more than one turn..... ever......
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    Toss a potency cross on CLS and you wont have to worry about it.

Tenacity down results in a flat 15% chance to resist regardless of potency.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @TVF thank you! I grow tired of needing to post that every time someone says "potency cross on CLS"
  • Maybe try Ventress lead Nightsisters and hit the autoplay button?
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @TVF thank you! I grow tired of needing to post that every time someone says "potency cross on CLS"

So tenacity down will also add a 15% chance to resist? Surely then it would be better to not inflict it then just stack potency?
  • @hotdeaths No. A character's base chance to resist is 15% even with 0% tenacity. It's a mechanic hard-wired into each character. Nothing you can do about it. Tenacity Down essentially eliminates any tenacity that character has but they still have a chance to resist.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    hotdeaths wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @TVF thank you! I grow tired of needing to post that every time someone says "potency cross on CLS"

So tenacity down will also add a 15% chance to resist? Surely then it would be better to not inflict it then just stack potency?

15% is the minimum chance to resist, regardless of potency/tenacity. Don't ask me why, it's just the way it works.
    There's no minimum chance to debuff though, so having 100% more tenacity than the attacker has potency will effectively make your character immune to (resistable) debuffs/TMR.
  • Tenacity Down debuff also cannot be resisted, so there's really not much point to give CLS a potency cross...
  • Except for arena or situations where people can cleanse repeatedly. For the HAAT and Pit it's completely unnecessary.
  • Cls raid han and bb8 auto
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Tenacity Down debuff also cannot be resisted, so there's really not much point to give CLS a potency cross...

? Why do you say that? It's not listed in CLS's ability, and I've used "Use the Force" and had no Tenacity Down on the enemy .
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    It's not listed but tenacity down cannot be resisted.

Need a screenshot/video showing it being resisted. I've never had that happen. Try it against a Bastila lead. Always lands.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    qkrhzygfh7qj.png

Every character that applies tenacity down has the same blue bar in their mechanic.

Only way it isn't applying is if the attack itself is evaded.