Please give officers/leader the ability to exclude certain members from TW, and erase bad placements

Prev1
shhfiftyfive
98 posts Member
edited December 2018
please help guild officers manage their TW better.

1. for one, they should be able to forbid certain players from participating. (for example, those with really low GP, or those who have a history of signing up and never producing any banners, or those who have committed rogue actions)
my guild is around 100m. we end up getting almost 15 members who have such low GP, they are not ready/qualified. they only skew the matchmaking formula against our favor. we fight with one hand tied behind our back. because they sign up, but are unable to produce any banners at all... we'd love to just tag them as not allowed to participate, because their inventory isn't up to snuff yet.

2. for those new recruits who come along and ignore chat and place a bunch of weak squads on the front line defense. or those who just fail to read, and place a good team in the wrong section...
how about you let guild leaders/officers erase a bad squad placement, during setup phase. just an ability to reject a placement would be absolutely great.

3. i'm guessing its too much to ask to let the officers move squads around during setup..

Replies

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Its called the kick button and you can give orders in each section. Failoyo follow guild orders... kick. I know most people dont like to recruit so its hard to kick but the tools are there.
  • Not going to happen, The devs will not put tools in place that allow you to limit or stop other players from playing.

Your options are either talk to the person/s or remove them, that’s it, that’s all.
  • Can’t recommend an external chat app highly enough for things like this.

I was skeptical when our guild first got involved with Line and then Discord - but I wouldn’t have it any other way now.

And as the guys above have said, some people just aren’t compatible with listening to and following instructions. The devs won’t let you control how they play the game, so your only option is to make them play the game in someone else’s guild.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    I'd like to see an option to reject bad deploys as well and that people always got a notification if that happens to them. Someone who made a mistake and accept it will do better from this point, someone who doesn't care at all will see that s/he aren't able to leech and will be reprimanded with a guild kick when no changes are made.

That's a good way to get it right and reach each player that don't read or follow orders. It's a warning by itself to them, the only thing you can do right now is to kick someone out of the guild and losing a player that's registered for TW. As an officer you are happy for every little piece of control, especially if you're the one who manages Territory Wars.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Dissatisfied with new guild members' rosters and performance? Dissatisfied with new members, who don't communicate?

A. Select your members more carefully.
    B. Educate new / inexperienced members.
    C. Contact them in guild chat when they join. If they don't respond, let them move on to their next guild. (Minor accounts don't have access to read guild chat and banner messages).

It's all part of managing a guild to create the environment you prefer.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Dissatisfied with new guild members' rosters and performance? Dissatisfied with new members, who don't communicate?

C. Contact them in guild chat when they join. If they don't respond, let them move on to their next guild. (Minor accounts don't have access to read guild chat and banner messages).

And after all it's a game you want to enjoy and not a job you want to be the HR officer for.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Most exclude by kick lol
  • Being able to kick a squad should definitely be a thing though. Sometimes people don't read, or they mis-click (I've done that myself quite a few times). It doesn't even have to be officers, let guild members change the squads they've placed.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »

And after all it's a game you want to enjoy and not a job you want to be the HR officer for.

Managing your guild could save you a lot of frustrations during guild events later on.

Well, you can choose to manage your guild and recruitment, or you can choose not to and just let the guild evolve in whatever direction it evolves. However, not managing anything, and then still letting the frustration get to you, when some members don't perform well in guild events is a but silly tbh.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Being able to kick a squad should definitely be a thing though. Sometimes people don't read, or they mis-click (I've done that myself quite a few times). It doesn't even have to be officers, let guild members change the squads they've placed.

Letting people remove their own squads could be a great idea. It's not any different than retreating from a bad attempt in a raid. However, Letting some guild members remove other guild members' squads is a bad idea. If a member makes a mistake, it should of course be reflected in the overall result. It's a guild event after all. The whole guild needs to perform well.
  • I am the one checking the enemies roster, giving info to the guild, explaining the plan, writing orders to every single territory and the guild chat and spending my own time which in most cases is more than one hour and some people still don't read the orders or ignore them. This is frustrating and not having any option to regulate deploys if people just don't care about anything is even more.

An option for the people to edit their deploys may be helpful if someone made a mistake and want to correct it, for everything else it's just useless. We officers are doing everything for the guild but you can't see behind someones head. I'm so tired of giving new people a chance just to see they completely drive crazy and ruin the whole plan you spend your time for and destroying the fun for all other members too.

Even if you're the best operator in the world, if someone works against you and you can't do anything it's a big smash to the face. You're an officer for a reason and people trust you in your doings so it can't hurt to give us that option to reject deploys. If people don't like your ways they will tell the leader and if s/he don't care about it folks will seek another guild. You can't abuse that option or the whole guild will fall apart, it's about everything in life - trust and faith.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • It's amazing how many people start following orders in TW after you kick 2 or 3 for insubordination.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I am the one checking the enemies roster, giving info to the guild, explaining the plan, writing orders to every single territory and the guild chat and spending my own time which in most cases is more than one hour and some people still don't read the orders or ignore them. This is frustrating and not having any option to regulate deploys if people just don't care about anything is even more.

It sounds like they had all the help could ask to perform well. If they fail to perform well, it should of course be reflected on the outcome of the TW.

Be aware, that minor accounts are not able to even read banners or in—game chats.
    We officers are doing everything for the guild but you can't see behind someones head.
    that someone's head is still part of the guild intelligencia.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The dev team have stated they will never give any player control over another players game play.

You will never be able to exclude another player from being able to play a game mode.

You will never be able to remove or change a players teams placed.

The best we can hope for is the ability to flag them and the person the ability to change them.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Sounds like they are just spoiling your fun.
    Your ocd would be a fun killer for everyone else.
    You definetly should not have more power to control other people.

Lighten up or you will never run a good guild. People play this game and others to escape from people like you.

You don't see the big picture. It's not only the officers time and work they ignore, they're spoiling the fun for dozens of people in their guild. They could just not join TW but they do. And you can do nothing about it when you see that they're only leeching.

It sounds like they had all the help could ask to perform well. If they fail to perform well, it should of course be reflected on the outcome of the TW.

We see the results and we can't do anything when wrong deploys occure, that's the whole problem.
    Be aware, that minor accounts are not able to even read banners or in—game chats.

We know about this and we make sure that this isn't the case in first place.

Kyno wrote: »
    The dev team have stated they will never give any player control over another players game play.

You will never be able to exclude another player from being able to play a game mode.

You will never be able to remove or change a players teams placed.

The best we can hope for is the ability to flag them and the person the ability to change them.

They gave us the ability to kick people out of the guild but an option to correct wrong deploys is a step to far, i'll never understand such logic.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited December 2018

We see the results and we can't do anything when wrong deploys occure, that's the whole problem.

It's a guild event. Perform better as a guild, then.

Ok, so you DO have some criterias for accepting new members. Why not add some criteria for members, who want to stay members — f.ex. to follow the guild's strategies during guild events?
  • Waqui wrote: »

Ok, so you DO have some criterias for accepting new members. Why not add some criteria for members, who want to stay members — f.ex. to follow the guild's strategies during guild events?

Are you making fun of me? Of course we have criterias for accepting new people, of course we're monitoring everyones effort. But if a new guy - even if s/he has the best roster in the game - just decides to do random deploys in her/his first TW after joining we can't do anything against it in this special moment. And "performing better as a guild" is a laughable joke, we need everyone in there if we want to win.

I don't know you or your guild but if 'Hey, do as you like in TW. We don't care.' is your or your guilds philosophy, i do understand your point of view. Otherwise i don't.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Are you making fun of me? Of course we have criterias for accepting new people, of course we're monitoring everyones effort. But if a new guy - even if s/he has the best roster in the game - just decides to do random deploys in her/his first TW after joining we can't do anything against it in this special moment.

We're back to square one then. In my first comment, I suggested to educate your members. Hopefully their mistakes will happen this one time only. It's really quite simple.
    And "performing better as a guild" is a laughable joke, we need everyone in there if we want to win.

Yes, and everyone's performance reflects on the guild's performance. If a couple of members perform bad, the whole guild performs a bit worse than you could have. It's quite simple. You just need to accept, that they are all part of your guild — skilled players as well as less skilled players.
    I don't know you or your guild but if 'Hey, do as you like in TW. We don't care.' is your or your guilds philosophy, i do understand your point of view. Otherwise i don't.

My guild is quite a bit different than yours, it seems, and I'm happy it is.
  • It looks like you're missing the whole point of that thread. If you're happy when someone undermines your guilds morale with bad decisions and ruining a three days long game element for dozens of people so be it, that's not my thinking.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    It looks like you're missing the whole point of that thread. If you're happy when someone undermines your guilds morale with bad decisions and ruining a three days long game element for dozens of people so be it, that's not my thinking.

You're missing my points:

It's a guild event. The result should reflect both the good and the bad performances of the guild members.

Of course you shouldn't be able to interfere with any other player's game play. I would support a suggestion to let players remove their own squads again. That's no different than retreating from a bad attempt in a raid to restart the battle with a new team (or the same). However, the OP asks for an option to let officers remove other players' teams, and I'm not supporting that. Not at all.

Added:
    "OP also complained about guild members, who fail to communicate (failed to read banners/chat) and gollow instructions. In my first comment (which you responded to) I gave some suggestions for handling this."

If some player's performance undermines your guild's morale, then find a way to handle that situation. You have plenty of suggestions above. The rest is all up to you and your fellow guild members/officers.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    You're giving solutions for a time frame or a situation we're not talking about. Someone deploys wrong teams and isn't listening to any chat - That is what we're talking about and of course we can kick someone before or after the TW. But for this particular moment we can't do anything and that is what we ask to have an option for.

And yes, we prefer an option where an officer can take control of it. What is an option to change your own teams good for if the guy we want to do so isn't listening. Kicking this guy within the TW is possible, yes. But the teams set can't be edited at all. What solution you have for this and i mean exact this problem? Right, none. We don't want this option to suppress people but for their good cause we want to save the whole TW and the experience for dozens of other guild mates. Is this really to much to ask for?

You disagree to give someone such power, i got that. But i ask you - What is the worst thing that can happen? The guy that have his/ her teams rejected could set them again and this time right or s/he can refuse to participate any longer and leave the guild. In the end the worst result - leaving the guild/ being kicked out of the guild - is the same. The only difference is that you had a second chance if such an option would exist. So how can you disagree to it?
    Post edited by Kisakee on
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • shhfiftyfive
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    by CG not being wiling to give the guilds more control to solve these things on our own, the problem never gets resolved.
    you can kick these people from your guild, but then they just become a problem for the next guild they join. it is a cycle created because CG is doing nothing about it.
    those problematic players WILL find a new guild, and CG is just pushing that problematic player onto that guild. and that's unfair.
    i know a bunch of you responding could really care less... but maybe you should care, about things, even things that do not impact you directly... instead of having the "not my problem" attitude in life, which is selfish and allows civilization to fall apart.
  • by CG not being wiling to give the guilds more control to solve these things on our own, the problem never gets resolved.
    you can kick these people from your guild, but then they just become a problem for the next guild they join. it is a cycle created because CG is doing nothing about it.
    those problematic players WILL find a new guild, and CG is just pushing that problematic player onto that guild. and that's unfair.
    i know a bunch of you responding could really care less... but maybe you should care, about things, even things that do not impact you directly... instead of having the "not my problem" attitude in life, which is selfish and allows civilization to fall apart.

Wow, the hubris is amazing
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Goodbye civilization! It was a good run, but CG ruined it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You're giving solutions for a time frame or a situation we're not talking about. Someone deploys wrong teams and isn't listening to any chat - That is what we're talking about and of course we can kick someone before or after the TW.

My advice to the OP to select new members more carefully and to make sure, that they communicate in guild chat will prevent the situation, he/she described, and hence still applies. You can take the advice as well, if you like, or you can leave it, but claiming that it doesn't solve the situation described by the OP is false. It may not solve the problem as you see it, but then simply ignore ot. It was given to the OP.
    But for this particular moment we can't do anything and that is what we ask to have an option for.

And yes, we prefer an option where an officer can take control of it.

And I simply don't support your request, for the reasons already given.
    What is an option to change your own teams good for if the guy we want to do so isn't listening.

Back to square one:
    It's a guild event. That player is part of the guild. His/her performance should of course be reflected on the overall guild performance. You just need to perform better as a guild.
    Kicking this guy within the TW is possible, yes. But the teams set can't be edited at all. What solution you have for this and i mean exact this problem?

I see no problem here. The performance of each guild member influences the outcome for the whole guild. Nothing to fix. It's working fine.
    Right, none. We don't want this option to suppress people but for their good cause we want to save the whole TW and the experience for dozens of other guild mates. Is this really to much to ask for?

Yes. ;—)
    You disagree to give someone such power, i got that. But i ask you - What is the worst thing that can happen? The guy that have his/ her teams rejected could set them again and this time right or s/he can refuse to participate any longer and leave the guild. In the end the worst result - leaving the guild/ being kicked out of the guild - is the same. The only difference is that you had a second chance if such an option would exist. So how can you disagree to it?

If officers are given such options, then the performance of some of the guild members is suddenly no longer reflected on the guilds overall performance. If you come up with a new suggestion, that solves this problem, you may have my support. Until then, you don't — wether you like it or not.

• TVF wrote: »
    Goodbye civilization! It was a good run, but CG ruined it.

your education has failed you.
    in this analogy, it would be you ruining it, not CG.
    if you're going to dedicate time as a troll - be good at it or don't bother.