I’ve got a fever. And the only prescription. Is more Wampa.

Prev1
SilverbackMM
260 posts Member
edited December 2018
Bounty Hunter prestigious quest 1 of 7 is simply unachievable for six months, well beyond the time you achieve Boba Fett Gear 12 and fulfill his contract 500 times. This is due to the simple fact that there aren’t enough wampas to kill in this game.

Don’t give me that argument about how you can fall in the squad arena low enough to find somebody with one and chase them around every night trying to kill them. No one low level has a Wampa. That’s a very advanced and difficult character to get. That’s why they also never show up in Galactic War. Ok, one time, ONE of them showed up. That’s why I’m at 16 instead of 15. After three months. Because the only ones you can hope for are that special
Mission in DSTB.

Someday soon I’ll get the Galactic Bounties final tier down where I can take out a few more there once a month but last time around it WASNT LOOKING GOOD AT ALL against those overpowered monstrosities. And I have VERY heavily geared bounty hunters.

There’s a simple solution. Add ONE WAMPA in dark side battle 6-D Hard on Hoth either in place of Chewbacca or alongside him. Let us farm it 50 times if we have to. All the other bounty hunter prestigious quests have a third requirement that’s much more farmable. Go watch the OUTTAKES from the original EMPIRE STRIKES BACK to realize how much Lucas wanted that wampa to terrorize the Empire after they infiltrated the rebel base and maybe broke down the wrong wall or something.

Bounty Hunter Legion please show your support in the fixing of this tragedy that plagues our existence. Thank you.

Replies

• The best solution is to collude with other members in your arena shard, and have them switch to a squad with Wampa, you do the same, and both of you take turns beating the other for a few days until you have all the Wampas you need.
  • Im at 41/50 only because I have a couple people in arena with wampa. It is a long grind.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    The best solution is to collude with other members in your arena shard, and have them switch to a squad with Wampa, you do the same, and both of you take turns beating the other for a few days until you have all the Wampas you need.

This might work if I WAS EVEN CLOSE TO OWNING WAMPA.

LIKE 4000 guild event tokens for some wampa shards
  • I have occasionally play GW manually, instead of SIM'ing it all. By occasionally, I mean once or twice a week.

So far, I have not seen a Wampa.

Has anyone gotten lucky and found a Wampa in GW?
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • I have occasionally play GW manually, instead of SIM'ing it all. By occasionally, I mean once or twice a week.

So far, I have not seen a Wampa.

Has anyone gotten lucky and found a Wampa in GW?

I've gotten two. Not common, but it does happen. Not a bad idea to try that strategy to boost your Wampa count a little. I would guess the higher level you are the more likely the opposing teams are to have a Wampa for GW to out into a squad.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    I'm 20 wampa in and 200 contracts, and that's only because I use bhs and manually get the contracts on galactic table. 25 wampas and 250 contracts is more realistic but 50 and 500 is just insanity for what is a starter tier to a chain quest.

The biggest problem isn't this quest. It is the limit of how many active. I cant cancel it for another.
  • I have 37/50 from TB and Bounty-Hunter-Event ... contract 140/500 can be done via GW ... but that sucks
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    #WampaLivesMatter
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    #WampaLivesMatter

Sure, but I only need their fur.

• Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Plus + to adding Wampa to a DS node. Cantina node too while they’re at it.

We need more Wampa.
    For a very short period of time, there were Wampa’s in some Rex lead teams in arena.

Unless people start running Wampa with Traya or Revan it will be another 5 DS TB’s before I can get tier 1 of 7 finished.

There is also the G12 tier of Galactic Bounties but that is a single Wampa and it comes around less frequently than DS TB.

Defeating Wampa is a ridiculous requirement anyways.

I gotta have that Wampa!
    The best solution is to collude with other members in your arena shard, and have them switch to a squad with Wampa, you do the same, and both of you take turns beating the other for a few days until you have all the Wampas you need.

You could just ask them to add Wampa, and see if you had some sort of favor you could provide. All you need is for them to add Wampa and let you kill them repeatedly. They would need to hit you back (unless you all were in top 4) to repeat the process. Ideally they could also progress a quest, even if not Wampa.

• Does killing a wampa in GW and then retreating counts?

That’s a good idea, could someone see if this works if they have a Wampa in their GW?

That’s a good idea, could someone see if this works if they have a Wampa in their GW?

If it does, for each wampa head $1 to me lol.

jkray622 wrote: »

You could just ask them to add Wampa, and see if you had some sort of favor you could provide. All you need is for them to add Wampa and let you kill them repeatedly. They would need to hit you back (unless you all were in top 4) to repeat the process. Ideally they could also progress a quest, even if not Wampa.

How do you tell what shard you are on and where can I find a forum to speak to squad arena people on that shard about a wampa agreement. Or the developers could just add one wampa in a dark side battle..,
  • I’ve killed one wampa in arena. I didn’t think about the retreat thing but I’ll try that next time. I doubt I though because when you retreat it is not defeated.
  • Mon_Toph
    54 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    @SilverbackMM You can try messaging them in game if you are allies, there is a button in their profiles.
    I am not sure the kills register if you retreat but i AM sure they register if the timer runs out. So ask someone to add wampa and tell them THEY WONT BE DROPPED. Go in, kill wanpa and wait. The kill registers and you get to do it again
  • What's the rush? The rewards aren't great, it's a long term end game process
  • The Wampa part is disproportional to every other quest in the game. No other quest stage takes as long to complete. (unless your guild doesnt do well in TW)
  • They are in such low supply that once u are 20 wampas in you dont ever wnt to switch quest.

Well, until u realise that the next 6 tiers could require another 50 wampas each
  • Has anyone gotten lucky and found a Wampa in GW?

I had to face one in GW at level 75. He tore through my Jedi team like butter. Two slaps and Kanan was no more. I had to bring in Old Daka and KRU to keep him stunned, and even then the beast stubbornly refused to die.

• Find a player with Wampa in the arena team, attack the player with Wampa in the team, kill Wampa and lose the match (lose, don't retreat). Repeat it.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Looking at 10 months of Territory Battles minimum to pull it off without Galactic War, Galactic Bounty or wasting Squad Arena attempts. Two of which require extreme luck+RNG that either you see one in GW or someone in your range in Squad decides to put one in. I feel like 25 would have been more appropriate than 50...
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Luckily the prestigious quests aren't really worth much so you can either get to it when you get to it or just ignore it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Granted the rewards aren't great, but I have a feeling many players are goal oriented, or objective chasers, or whatever that term is. I personally don't like having a "simple" task like that stay unfinished. :tongue:

• By retreating I meant in galaxy war mode. Kill Wapma, retreat, if it counts, do it again
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    It doesn't count unless you complete the battle (win or lose). Retreating means it never happened and everything is reset back to how it was before the battle.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Get one of your Arena shard mates to put together a team of Wampa, Ewok Elder, Visas, Captain Han Solo, and Old Daka. Kill Wampa. Let them revive Wampa. Kill Wampa. Repeat.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Get one of your Arena shard mates to put together a team of Wampa, Ewok Elder, Visas, Captain Han Solo, and Old Daka. Kill Wampa. Let them revive Wampa. Kill Wampa. Repeat.

This, but put boba in there and both of you save that fight to change the team, boba lead, wampa, chan, ee and daka
    I did it yesterday with a shardmate. We both ran this same team
    Between 3 and 8 kills per battle
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • I leave my wampa on my squad arena team on an old alt just for this reason but that only helps those in that shard. I agree wampa should be added somewhere