Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    b248nnfa7i7c.png

    Like sending zerglings into a purifier collassus i really thout i could have gotten a pip of chewy tho

    Nobody has 84 teams. I call shenanigans.

    LOL, has to be single toon attacks

    It's either a TW (notice how it's cropped) or a photoshop. Why would someone waste the time to do 84 single toon attacks?

    I was drunk GA stinks and playing a slow game of axis and allies
    72vmqp18sc6p.png

    If ya go na lose might as well get a funny pic for clan discord meme
  • TVF
    31102 posts Member
    You guys really think if they got rid of the join period they'd give us more events?

    Come on.

    And with that out of the way, who cares if you wait 24 hours on the front end or another 24 extra hours on the back end. It's exactly the same.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Ok then, thanks for the rundown (genuinely), and back to substance:
    According to many posts here (not attributing this to you specifically), the ideal format for the matching would take into account every factor that differentiates one player’s roster from another and match them as closely as possible across all of these different metrics. As I see it, the closer you get to that “ideal,” the less incentive you have to improve your roster for GA, because any improvement you make will just result in a harder opponent, and you will just be treading water.

    You are 100% correct on this point. People who want the matchmaking to take all this into account don’t realize how much they’re asking for, or that it would require rebalancing the algorithm essentially every time a new toon or ship is added. It would also create incentives that the devs would want to avoid, just like you say. That’s why I’ve been advocating an Elo rating system for GA. I think it preserves the incentive to gear up your PVP roster, and ensures that incremental on your roster will generally be rewarded with incremental success.
    I did, however, respond to your question of what the point is of improving your roster when the mismatches are egregious by arguing that you can still improve your chances of having a favorable matchup even if the matchups are rarely even.

    I made a point earlier in this connection, and you didn’t respond, but I would like to know what you think about it: In anticipation of GA, I was wondering whether I needed to privilege my PVP roster more, and from what I’ve seen, it would be unreasonable to change my farming habits. The small improvement I could make to my GA squads every week is going to very likely to be swamped by the uncertainty introduced by the bad matchmaking. Over the very long run, statistically, yes, I would het higher rewards by making that small weekly investment in more PVP teams. But I really do believe that the long run we’d be talking about in order to realize those gains is longer than the life expectancy of the game. That calculation is very different if I can count on seeing similarly situated opponents every outing.

    I want to also say that although I’m not super-into PVP, I was very excited for this mode when it was announced. I was optimistic about the devs’ ability to match the roster strengths of individual players, because this mode isn’t confounded by the guild-level dynamics that make it complicated to create pairings in TW. I’m really disappointed, because this seemed like a fun mode, but the fun has been **** out by the bad pairings.

    Depends how small your weekly changes are. If you put one gear 8 piece a week on a pvp toon and then go back to collecting and spreading the gear, then you're right it won't make a difference. But if you focus you can improve a pvp team by 20-30k in a few weeks. That makes a difference rather quickly. It also adds to your gp but not enough to significantly affect match making.

    I should be clear that what I mean is that I’m always going to be investing something in PVP squads—even Ewoks have their uses in TW, and probably in GA as well. But there’s a certain amount of discretionary resources that I could either use for more PVE squads (raid squads, working on top tiers of mythics, assault battles, etc.) or for GA squads. So what I’m really talking about is the marginal utility of diverting those discretionary resources from PVE toons to PVP toons. I just don’t see that the ROI from making that change justifies it, so I’m not changing anything. If the goal of GA was to incentivize the investment of resources in PVP toon, it hasn’t worked for me.

    But most good raid squads are also good in ga. Ns, jtr, bastilla, and bh are 4 squads I use for hstr. I use all 4 for ga and tw too. The other squad for hstr I use is cjex with chewie and almost all of the characters in that are good in ga squads.

    The haat squad i use is abc with hoda instead of thrawn. Almost every toon in that squad is good in ga. Pit I use zader empire with cls for an easy solo. I use an empire team in ga so no waste there.

    So I just don't see where you have to choose between raids and pvp. I get top 5 in my guild in hstr and haat and pit is just a solofest at this point. And I already have a competitive roster for ga mostly because I developed good teams for hstr.

    Probably the best example of a purely PVE squad that I’ve considered working on is First Order. I haven’t touched them since I unlocked BB-8. Under KRU, they’re tough on defense, but they’re not arena-worthy, and other than running up the score a bit in the kitchen sink phase of HSTR p4, they’re not good for much PVE content. That’s the sort of team I could be persuaded to invest in if the incentives were right in GA. As it stands, I post them on defense at G7-G9 and cross my fingers.

    I built FO for PVE. They aren’t the best raid team available but they were a decent one (about a million points) I could work on after I had the biggest ones done, and that would also be good for DS TB, where at the time I was lacking a consistent winning team for all phases. Also I was annoyed by having to do the first phase of the BB8 mythic every time because I couldn’t 3* it. They’re pretty fun.

    The real question is if you didn’t work on FO, what would you do instead?

    At the moment, my priorities, in order, are Ewoks (for Threepio), Smugglers (for the highest tier of Smuggler’s Run), and cargo pilots for the highest tier of Contraband Cargo. There’s quite a bit of new PVE content that I haven’t quite finished. The ROI for those seems better than putting together a solidly second-tier defense GA squad.

    Ewoks are an interesting case. They are actually a good team and can punch above their weight class, but if you want them to be really strong, you have to pretty well max them out. Since we don't know for sure how strong they will need to be for C3, it's tough to fully analyze. But for my personal play style, I would 100% prioritize getting C3.

    Smugglers. Chewie makes this event significantly easier and is great for GA, same for Nest. With a Qira lead (which requires levels but not as much gear), good Chewie, Nest, and Raid Han, the 5th spot doesn't matter. Not much of a conflict here.

    Cargo pilots. The only one that's pretty useless for GA is Young Lando.

  • TVF wrote: »
    You guys really think if they got rid of the join period they'd give us more events?

    Come on.
    Potentially yes. That would be one of the points of shortening it.
    But also, the fun to downtime ratio is simply horrible as is.
    It last for a week but you only fight a few battles on 3 days out of the week?
    They should have named it BA...boring arena, not the other thing...

  • Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Ok then, thanks for the rundown (genuinely), and back to substance:
    According to many posts here (not attributing this to you specifically), the ideal format for the matching would take into account every factor that differentiates one player’s roster from another and match them as closely as possible across all of these different metrics. As I see it, the closer you get to that “ideal,” the less incentive you have to improve your roster for GA, because any improvement you make will just result in a harder opponent, and you will just be treading water.

    You are 100% correct on this point. People who want the matchmaking to take all this into account don’t realize how much they’re asking for, or that it would require rebalancing the algorithm essentially every time a new toon or ship is added. It would also create incentives that the devs would want to avoid, just like you say. That’s why I’ve been advocating an Elo rating system for GA. I think it preserves the incentive to gear up your PVP roster, and ensures that incremental on your roster will generally be rewarded with incremental success.
    I did, however, respond to your question of what the point is of improving your roster when the mismatches are egregious by arguing that you can still improve your chances of having a favorable matchup even if the matchups are rarely even.

    I made a point earlier in this connection, and you didn’t respond, but I would like to know what you think about it: In anticipation of GA, I was wondering whether I needed to privilege my PVP roster more, and from what I’ve seen, it would be unreasonable to change my farming habits. The small improvement I could make to my GA squads every week is going to very likely to be swamped by the uncertainty introduced by the bad matchmaking. Over the very long run, statistically, yes, I would het higher rewards by making that small weekly investment in more PVP teams. But I really do believe that the long run we’d be talking about in order to realize those gains is longer than the life expectancy of the game. That calculation is very different if I can count on seeing similarly situated opponents every outing.

    I want to also say that although I’m not super-into PVP, I was very excited for this mode when it was announced. I was optimistic about the devs’ ability to match the roster strengths of individual players, because this mode isn’t confounded by the guild-level dynamics that make it complicated to create pairings in TW. I’m really disappointed, because this seemed like a fun mode, but the fun has been **** out by the bad pairings.

    Depends how small your weekly changes are. If you put one gear 8 piece a week on a pvp toon and then go back to collecting and spreading the gear, then you're right it won't make a difference. But if you focus you can improve a pvp team by 20-30k in a few weeks. That makes a difference rather quickly. It also adds to your gp but not enough to significantly affect match making.

    I should be clear that what I mean is that I’m always going to be investing something in PVP squads—even Ewoks have their uses in TW, and probably in GA as well. But there’s a certain amount of discretionary resources that I could either use for more PVE squads (raid squads, working on top tiers of mythics, assault battles, etc.) or for GA squads. So what I’m really talking about is the marginal utility of diverting those discretionary resources from PVE toons to PVP toons. I just don’t see that the ROI from making that change justifies it, so I’m not changing anything. If the goal of GA was to incentivize the investment of resources in PVP toon, it hasn’t worked for me.

    But most good raid squads are also good in ga. Ns, jtr, bastilla, and bh are 4 squads I use for hstr. I use all 4 for ga and tw too. The other squad for hstr I use is cjex with chewie and almost all of the characters in that are good in ga squads.

    The haat squad i use is abc with hoda instead of thrawn. Almost every toon in that squad is good in ga. Pit I use zader empire with cls for an easy solo. I use an empire team in ga so no waste there.

    So I just don't see where you have to choose between raids and pvp. I get top 5 in my guild in hstr and haat and pit is just a solofest at this point. And I already have a competitive roster for ga mostly because I developed good teams for hstr.

    Probably the best example of a purely PVE squad that I’ve considered working on is First Order. I haven’t touched them since I unlocked BB-8. Under KRU, they’re tough on defense, but they’re not arena-worthy, and other than running up the score a bit in the kitchen sink phase of HSTR p4, they’re not good for much PVE content. That’s the sort of team I could be persuaded to invest in if the incentives were right in GA. As it stands, I post them on defense at G7-G9 and cross my fingers.

    I built FO for PVE. They aren’t the best raid team available but they were a decent one (about a million points) I could work on after I had the biggest ones done, and that would also be good for DS TB, where at the time I was lacking a consistent winning team for all phases. Also I was annoyed by having to do the first phase of the BB8 mythic every time because I couldn’t 3* it. They’re pretty fun.

    The real question is if you didn’t work on FO, what would you do instead?

    At the moment, my priorities, in order, are Ewoks (for Threepio), Smugglers (for the highest tier of Smuggler’s Run), and cargo pilots for the highest tier of Contraband Cargo. There’s quite a bit of new PVE content that I haven’t quite finished. The ROI for those seems better than putting together a solidly second-tier defense GA squad.

    Ewoks are an interesting case. They are actually a good team and can punch above their weight class, but if you want them to be really strong, you have to pretty well max them out. Since we don't know for sure how strong they will need to be for C3, it's tough to fully analyze. But for my personal play style, I would 100% prioritize getting C3.

    Smugglers. Chewie makes this event significantly easier and is great for GA, same for Nest. With a Qira lead (which requires levels but not as much gear), good Chewie, Nest, and Raid Han, the 5th spot doesn't matter. Not much of a conflict here.

    Cargo pilots. The only one that's pretty useless for GA is Young Lando.

    I actually didn’t know Nest had the Smuggler tag. Good to know. Nest is a pure PVP character that I just dislike and can’t bring myself to farm. She makes any fight she’s a part of boring, kind of like the Traya meta does. (I will admit that this is a self-defeating peculiarity of mine—if the incentives set by GA changed, I might revisit them).
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Ok then, thanks for the rundown (genuinely), and back to substance:
    According to many posts here (not attributing this to you specifically), the ideal format for the matching would take into account every factor that differentiates one player’s roster from another and match them as closely as possible across all of these different metrics. As I see it, the closer you get to that “ideal,” the less incentive you have to improve your roster for GA, because any improvement you make will just result in a harder opponent, and you will just be treading water.

    You are 100% correct on this point. People who want the matchmaking to take all this into account don’t realize how much they’re asking for, or that it would require rebalancing the algorithm essentially every time a new toon or ship is added. It would also create incentives that the devs would want to avoid, just like you say. That’s why I’ve been advocating an Elo rating system for GA. I think it preserves the incentive to gear up your PVP roster, and ensures that incremental on your roster will generally be rewarded with incremental success.
    I did, however, respond to your question of what the point is of improving your roster when the mismatches are egregious by arguing that you can still improve your chances of having a favorable matchup even if the matchups are rarely even.

    I made a point earlier in this connection, and you didn’t respond, but I would like to know what you think about it: In anticipation of GA, I was wondering whether I needed to privilege my PVP roster more, and from what I’ve seen, it would be unreasonable to change my farming habits. The small improvement I could make to my GA squads every week is going to very likely to be swamped by the uncertainty introduced by the bad matchmaking. Over the very long run, statistically, yes, I would het higher rewards by making that small weekly investment in more PVP teams. But I really do believe that the long run we’d be talking about in order to realize those gains is longer than the life expectancy of the game. That calculation is very different if I can count on seeing similarly situated opponents every outing.

    I want to also say that although I’m not super-into PVP, I was very excited for this mode when it was announced. I was optimistic about the devs’ ability to match the roster strengths of individual players, because this mode isn’t confounded by the guild-level dynamics that make it complicated to create pairings in TW. I’m really disappointed, because this seemed like a fun mode, but the fun has been **** out by the bad pairings.

    Depends how small your weekly changes are. If you put one gear 8 piece a week on a pvp toon and then go back to collecting and spreading the gear, then you're right it won't make a difference. But if you focus you can improve a pvp team by 20-30k in a few weeks. That makes a difference rather quickly. It also adds to your gp but not enough to significantly affect match making.

    I should be clear that what I mean is that I’m always going to be investing something in PVP squads—even Ewoks have their uses in TW, and probably in GA as well. But there’s a certain amount of discretionary resources that I could either use for more PVE squads (raid squads, working on top tiers of mythics, assault battles, etc.) or for GA squads. So what I’m really talking about is the marginal utility of diverting those discretionary resources from PVE toons to PVP toons. I just don’t see that the ROI from making that change justifies it, so I’m not changing anything. If the goal of GA was to incentivize the investment of resources in PVP toon, it hasn’t worked for me.

    But most good raid squads are also good in ga. Ns, jtr, bastilla, and bh are 4 squads I use for hstr. I use all 4 for ga and tw too. The other squad for hstr I use is cjex with chewie and almost all of the characters in that are good in ga squads.

    The haat squad i use is abc with hoda instead of thrawn. Almost every toon in that squad is good in ga. Pit I use zader empire with cls for an easy solo. I use an empire team in ga so no waste there.

    So I just don't see where you have to choose between raids and pvp. I get top 5 in my guild in hstr and haat and pit is just a solofest at this point. And I already have a competitive roster for ga mostly because I developed good teams for hstr.

    Probably the best example of a purely PVE squad that I’ve considered working on is First Order. I haven’t touched them since I unlocked BB-8. Under KRU, they’re tough on defense, but they’re not arena-worthy, and other than running up the score a bit in the kitchen sink phase of HSTR p4, they’re not good for much PVE content. That’s the sort of team I could be persuaded to invest in if the incentives were right in GA. As it stands, I post them on defense at G7-G9 and cross my fingers.

    I built FO for PVE. They aren’t the best raid team available but they were a decent one (about a million points) I could work on after I had the biggest ones done, and that would also be good for DS TB, where at the time I was lacking a consistent winning team for all phases. Also I was annoyed by having to do the first phase of the BB8 mythic every time because I couldn’t 3* it. They’re pretty fun.

    The real question is if you didn’t work on FO, what would you do instead?

    At the moment, my priorities, in order, are Ewoks (for Threepio), Smugglers (for the highest tier of Smuggler’s Run), and cargo pilots for the highest tier of Contraband Cargo. There’s quite a bit of new PVE content that I haven’t quite finished. The ROI for those seems better than putting together a solidly second-tier defense GA squad.

    Ewoks are an interesting case. They are actually a good team and can punch above their weight class, but if you want them to be really strong, you have to pretty well max them out. Since we don't know for sure how strong they will need to be for C3, it's tough to fully analyze. But for my personal play style, I would 100% prioritize getting C3.

    Smugglers. Chewie makes this event significantly easier and is great for GA, same for Nest. With a Qira lead (which requires levels but not as much gear), good Chewie, Nest, and Raid Han, the 5th spot doesn't matter. Not much of a conflict here.

    Cargo pilots. The only one that's pretty useless for GA is Young Lando.

    Not true for ewoks, but in a good way. U don’t need them to be full gear, just g9-11 with a zeta on chirpa and decently fast mods and u can take on most other teams.
  • VAST wrote: »
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm loving Grand Arena. Matchmaking issues or not, it brings the Strategy back with an additional individual event, which is why I play this game. Thanks to CG for making it happen, and for "taking one for the team" (considering all the **** and moaning that is going on).

    Totally agree. Not a whale, didn't pay for anything, just try to be smart and GA has me really excited. Thanks dev's. Keep it up!
  • Gannon
    1509 posts Member
    😩 now for another day of GA just sitting there, putting off our TW...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Ok then, thanks for the rundown (genuinely), and back to substance:
    According to many posts here (not attributing this to you specifically), the ideal format for the matching would take into account every factor that differentiates one player’s roster from another and match them as closely as possible across all of these different metrics. As I see it, the closer you get to that “ideal,” the less incentive you have to improve your roster for GA, because any improvement you make will just result in a harder opponent, and you will just be treading water.

    You are 100% correct on this point. People who want the matchmaking to take all this into account don’t realize how much they’re asking for, or that it would require rebalancing the algorithm essentially every time a new toon or ship is added. It would also create incentives that the devs would want to avoid, just like you say. That’s why I’ve been advocating an Elo rating system for GA. I think it preserves the incentive to gear up your PVP roster, and ensures that incremental on your roster will generally be rewarded with incremental success.
    I did, however, respond to your question of what the point is of improving your roster when the mismatches are egregious by arguing that you can still improve your chances of having a favorable matchup even if the matchups are rarely even.

    I made a point earlier in this connection, and you didn’t respond, but I would like to know what you think about it: In anticipation of GA, I was wondering whether I needed to privilege my PVP roster more, and from what I’ve seen, it would be unreasonable to change my farming habits. The small improvement I could make to my GA squads every week is going to very likely to be swamped by the uncertainty introduced by the bad matchmaking. Over the very long run, statistically, yes, I would het higher rewards by making that small weekly investment in more PVP teams. But I really do believe that the long run we’d be talking about in order to realize those gains is longer than the life expectancy of the game. That calculation is very different if I can count on seeing similarly situated opponents every outing.

    I want to also say that although I’m not super-into PVP, I was very excited for this mode when it was announced. I was optimistic about the devs’ ability to match the roster strengths of individual players, because this mode isn’t confounded by the guild-level dynamics that make it complicated to create pairings in TW. I’m really disappointed, because this seemed like a fun mode, but the fun has been **** out by the bad pairings.

    Depends how small your weekly changes are. If you put one gear 8 piece a week on a pvp toon and then go back to collecting and spreading the gear, then you're right it won't make a difference. But if you focus you can improve a pvp team by 20-30k in a few weeks. That makes a difference rather quickly. It also adds to your gp but not enough to significantly affect match making.

    I should be clear that what I mean is that I’m always going to be investing something in PVP squads—even Ewoks have their uses in TW, and probably in GA as well. But there’s a certain amount of discretionary resources that I could either use for more PVE squads (raid squads, working on top tiers of mythics, assault battles, etc.) or for GA squads. So what I’m really talking about is the marginal utility of diverting those discretionary resources from PVE toons to PVP toons. I just don’t see that the ROI from making that change justifies it, so I’m not changing anything. If the goal of GA was to incentivize the investment of resources in PVP toon, it hasn’t worked for me.

    But most good raid squads are also good in ga. Ns, jtr, bastilla, and bh are 4 squads I use for hstr. I use all 4 for ga and tw too. The other squad for hstr I use is cjex with chewie and almost all of the characters in that are good in ga squads.

    The haat squad i use is abc with hoda instead of thrawn. Almost every toon in that squad is good in ga. Pit I use zader empire with cls for an easy solo. I use an empire team in ga so no waste there.

    So I just don't see where you have to choose between raids and pvp. I get top 5 in my guild in hstr and haat and pit is just a solofest at this point. And I already have a competitive roster for ga mostly because I developed good teams for hstr.

    Probably the best example of a purely PVE squad that I’ve considered working on is First Order. I haven’t touched them since I unlocked BB-8. Under KRU, they’re tough on defense, but they’re not arena-worthy, and other than running up the score a bit in the kitchen sink phase of HSTR p4, they’re not good for much PVE content. That’s the sort of team I could be persuaded to invest in if the incentives were right in GA. As it stands, I post them on defense at G7-G9 and cross my fingers.

    I built FO for PVE. They aren’t the best raid team available but they were a decent one (about a million points) I could work on after I had the biggest ones done, and that would also be good for DS TB, where at the time I was lacking a consistent winning team for all phases. Also I was annoyed by having to do the first phase of the BB8 mythic every time because I couldn’t 3* it. They’re pretty fun.

    The real question is if you didn’t work on FO, what would you do instead?

    The only one that's pretty useless for GA is Young Lando.

    If your fighting a team without doom AOE’s zlando can make your team quasi immortal..

    Someone dies vandor revive lando stealths zandor so he cant be hit passes prepared immediately for reviveh i guess zeta not needed but too much RNG involved with lando for the cost of a zeta prob should have just let him 100 percent prepare at start of turn....

    Yeah there better toons but he could make a team immortal in some instances... hits hard too
  • GhostTruckin
    4021 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Nm lol, finally showed
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

    If your fighting a team without doom AOE’s zlando can make your team quasi immortal..

    Someone dies vandor revive lando stealths zandor so he cant be hit passes prepared immediately for reviveh i guess zeta not needed but too much RNG involved with lando for the cost of a zeta prob should have just let him 100 percent prepare at start of turn....

    Yeah there better toons but he could make a team immortal in some instances... hits hard too

    If you want to build a whole smuggler team, sure, have fun. For the purposes of the smuggler and cargo ship events, people aren't likely to be going that far I would think.
  • Gorem
    1185 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    b248nnfa7i7c.png

    Like sending zerglings into a purifier collassus i really thout i could have gotten a pip of chewy tho

    Nobody has 84 teams. I call shenanigans.

    LOL, has to be single toon attacks

    It's either a TW (notice how it's cropped) or a photoshop. Why would someone waste the time to do 84 single toon attacks?

    I was drunk GA stinks and playing a slow game of axis and allies
    72vmqp18sc6p.png

    If ya go na lose might as well get a funny pic for clan discord meme

    So. beautiful.
  • AgentSmith wrote: »
    The only problem with matching based on gp is what that gp consists of. Somebody with less characters geared really high can have the same gp as someone with every character unlocked with a majority of them geared low. Naturally the one with higher geared characters is gonna stomp since lower geared characters are so much weaker in comparison.

    That's why GP matching should be based on the defense squads placed before calculation. Even if you save your heavy hitters for offense, you're going to get wasted if your defense is naff.
  • 24 hours to join, 24 hours to set defense, 24 hours to fight, 24 hours to sit there and review....c’mon. Idk what could be done, but this is way too much time sitting around waiting. Also, there’s a lot of people saying they can’t attack and how annoying that is bcuz the other person set no defense.
  • Ugnaught wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    You guys really think if they got rid of the join period they'd give us more events?

    Come on.
    Potentially yes. That would be one of the points of shortening it.
    But also, the fun to downtime ratio is simply horrible as is.
    It last for a week but you only fight a few battles on 3 days out of the week?
    They should have named it BA...boring arena, not the other thing...

    Call me crazy, but I like knowing I can put my phone down sometimes and not miss something. Keep the 24 hour periods, let me play the game around my schedule instead of having to plan my life around it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • chron
    89 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    NicWester wrote: »
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    You guys really think if they got rid of the join period they'd give us more events?

    Come on.
    Potentially yes. That would be one of the points of shortening it.
    But also, the fun to downtime ratio is simply horrible as is.
    It last for a week but you only fight a few battles on 3 days out of the week?
    They should have named it BA...boring arena, not the other thing...

    Call me crazy, but I like knowing I can put my phone down sometimes and not miss something. Keep the 24 hour periods, let me play the game around my schedule instead of having to plan my life around it.

    The time limit should be about player activation. Play when you're ready, not when a set schedule tells you to. You set your defense - click. Now your (potential) opponent sets defense - click. On to matchmaking (however long that takes), then attack begins. You log in and attack - click. Your opponent attacks - click. Finalize results, sis-bam-boom yoda-yoda-yoda winner-winner-chicken-dinner DONE. Other apps are this intuitive, why not this one?
  • ApA1233 wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Cheating is virtually impossible in this game anymore. Dont believe me? Well try it and see what happens lol. One of my not so bright buddies tried a apk hack not so long ago and was banned within minutes

    That’s good to know, and that was alledged back in the day, however it still happened and they would just say report it. But when you reported it nothing happened to said cheater.

    By back in the day to you mean the mass bans last week?
  • Ultra
    8554 posts Moderator
    24 hours to join, 24 hours to set defense, 24 hours to fight, 24 hours to sit there and review....c’mon. Idk what could be done, but this is way too much time sitting around waiting. Also, there’s a lot of people saying they can’t attack and how annoying that is bcuz the other person set no defense.
    Its annoying but its the best solution because timezones

    For a 12 hour limit, Your opponent might be in an area where he's sleeping or woke up and has to work when Grand Arena starts or can't attack during the period

    24 hours can be boring but its ideal
  • ottomaddux wrote: »
    After finishing my first grand arena I can officially say it was worse than I had feared. As one of my guild mates said it was the worst parts of arena and tw rolled up in one.

    Instead of trying to make new game modes we don't want why not make more content for what is already here. A new TB would be a great start.

    Republic/Seperatists = Battle of Geonosis
    Resistance/First Order = Battle of Crait
    Scoundrels/Bounty Hunters = Battle of Kessel
    Jedi/Sith = Battle of Ilum

    Yeah, I'm for that. Make it happens, capn's.
  • Gannon
    1509 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    24 hours to join, 24 hours to set defense, 24 hours to fight, 24 hours to sit there and review....c’mon. Idk what could be done, but this is way too much time sitting around waiting. Also, there’s a lot of people saying they can’t attack and how annoying that is bcuz the other person set no defense.
    Its annoying but its the best solution because timezones

    For a 12 hour limit, Your opponent might be in an area where he's sleeping or woke up and has to work when Grand Arena starts or can't attack during the period

    24 hours can be boring but its ideal

    24 hours is ideal, yes, but I'm sore there must be some wiggle room to cut this down some. For example, they could do the matchmaking for round two in the background while you finish round 1. The player pool should already be selected, right? Shouldn't need near as much time to match the winners..
  • Gannon wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    24 hours to join, 24 hours to set defense, 24 hours to fight, 24 hours to sit there and review....c’mon. Idk what could be done, but this is way too much time sitting around waiting. Also, there’s a lot of people saying they can’t attack and how annoying that is bcuz the other person set no defense.
    Its annoying but its the best solution because timezones

    For a 12 hour limit, Your opponent might be in an area where he's sleeping or woke up and has to work when Grand Arena starts or can't attack during the period

    24 hours can be boring but its ideal

    24 hours is ideal, yes, but I'm sore there must be some wiggle room to cut this down some. For example, they could do the matchmaking for round two in the background while you finish round 1. The player pool should already be selected, right? Shouldn't need near as much time to match the winners..

    Seconded. Each GA is a group of 8, so the matching should already be done. Next round should just be a natural reshuffle based on win or loss. How much time do you really need to move to the next round? Maybe have a join button for the first round and then each subsequent round you go straight to setting defense.
  • TVF
    31102 posts Member
    24 hours to join, 24 hours to set defense, 24 hours to fight, 24 hours to sit there and review....c’mon. Idk what could be done, but this is way too much time sitting around waiting. Also, there’s a lot of people saying they can’t attack and how annoying that is bcuz the other person set no defense.

    No.

    If any of you would ever bother to read the dev post, it's going to be a week long event.

    Day 1 - Join. Put into group of 8.
    Day 2 - Set defense for first pairing.
    Day 3 - Attack
    Day 4 - Set defense for second pairing.
    Day 5 - Attack.
    Day 6 - Set defense for third pairing.
    Day 7 - Attack.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • How long are the full length GA gonna take?
  • TVF
    31102 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Lol. Look directly above your post.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    24 hours to join, 24 hours to set defense, 24 hours to fight, 24 hours to sit there and review....c’mon. Idk what could be done, but this is way too much time sitting around waiting. Also, there’s a lot of people saying they can’t attack and how annoying that is bcuz the other person set no defense.

    No.

    If any of you would ever bother to read the dev post, it's going to be a week long event.

    Day 1 - Join. Put into group of 8.
    Day 2 - Set defense for first pairing.
    Day 3 - Attack
    Day 4 - Set defense for second pairing.
    Day 5 - Attack.
    Day 6 - Set defense for third pairing.
    Day 7 - Attack.

    I should read more. Glad my thinking is the way it’s designed!
  • TVF
    31102 posts Member
    Reference:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189068/title-update-14-12-4-2018
    Schedule: Each Grand Arena event is a week-long event that consists of a series of 3 rounds against different opponents. There are seven 24 hour phases: Join, Set Defense (Opponent 1), Attack (Opponent 1), Set Defense (Opponent 2), Attack (Opponent 2), Set Defense (Opponent 3), Attack (Opponent 3)
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gannon
    1509 posts Member
    So wait, which phase of that schedule are we in right now?
  • TVF
    31102 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Sigh.

    This is an exhibition event. It's not a normal event. It's one round only.

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189381/grand-arena-exhibition-season-starts-today

    EDIT: To be fair, that thread says that events will most likely vary in structure and length, which is not what it says in the previous link I posted. Communication lol.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gannon
    1509 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Sigh.

    This is an exhibition event. It's not a normal event. It's one round only.

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189381/grand-arena-exhibition-season-starts-today

    EDIT: To be fair, that thread says that events will most likely vary in structure and length, which is not what it says in the previous link I posted. Communication lol.

    I don't remember half of this post being there, was there an earlier post about it? 👀
Sign In or Register to comment.