Still no C3PO kit

Prev134
Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
edited December 2018
So now that the day is done in California, we still have no C3PO kit.

Why?

The kit reveal for JKR was delayed because they needed to rework and buff his kit. That’s why we didn’t get it until the last second. Ok, fine and understandable. What’s the excuse this time?

Is 3PO still not done? Is this becoming the norm? Sorry to say but it’s not ok to have to wait until less than 48 hours before the legendary starts to see what people are farming and pouring gear into.

OG Chewie had his kit available 5 days prior. ALL characters, say for unexpected delays and reworks should have their kits released in similar fashion. Stop making the community wait until the 11th hour for everything as a norm. It’s not ok.

Replies

• Agreed. @CG_Carrie this is absurd.
    Ooba hutar.
  • yeah well... that latest two toons' kit reveal didn't have any graphics, the "new" format for the december calendar was actually just a copy and paste image out of a spread sheet...
  • Apparently, CG has no idea what c3p0 can do. They haven't made it up yet. My guess is we can expect the kit to be revealed km Thursday.
  • Does his kit matter? Will it change anything you are working toward? You cannot start building ewoks today to get c3po on Friday. Indeed, your choice has already been made. The kit can wait until Friday.
  • Does his kit matter? Does any of this matter? No, it’s just the principle of the thing. You’re asking for a huge commitment for a legendary character, I’d like to know ahead of time what I’m getting. That’s not too much to ask for, whether any of this matters or not.
    Ooba hutar.
  • This seems to be the new norm.
    1. Hype up an even 2 weeks in advance.
    2. Come out with more details a week later
    3. Release the heroes kit a few days before the event goes live.

That’s kind of their new “formula”. It is what it is.
  • Does his kit matter? Will it change anything you are working toward? You cannot start building ewoks today to get c3po on Friday. Indeed, your choice has already been made. The kit can wait until Friday.

Yes it does actually. As paying and loyal customers we deserve to see if the stockpiles of gear and zetas we have will be worth the return. If he is a rebel version of HYoda or even remotely close to a utility character like R2, then it’s worth it. If he’s not and is the next GMY (before his rework and buffs) then it’s not worth it to pour a months worth of gear into Ewoks (Stun Guns, carbantis, gold eyeballs, etc) or omegas and zetas.
    If he’s not useful then people will be content 5* him, and finish later while prioritizing finishing their BH for OG chewy or other areas of the game. This game is all resource management and to expect us to pour a huge amount of them into an unknown product isn’t right.
  • This seems to be the new norm.
    1. Hype up an even 2 weeks in advance.
    2. Come out with more details a week later
    3. Release the heroes kit a few days before the event goes live.

That’s kind of their new “formula”. It is what it is.

That’s actually fine. A few days before is ok. But less than two? Nope lol. If they revealed the kit on Monday which (which they should have) nobody would really care. But now it won’t be until tomorrow or Thursday. That’s not ok.
  • Kit reveal this late just makes me wonder if his kit is being fixed. If his kit is broken 2 days before the event do I get something extra for testing this character?
    Like someone else said at this point it's too late to start farming anything. Honestly I'd want 3PO even if he sucks. But it would have been nice to know this past weekend if I really needed to zeta Ewoks.
  • I mean, has any legendary thus far been anything but awesome? I think we can safely assume he'll be pretty great and any effort you've put into your ewoks will not have been wasted.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    I mean, has any legendary thus far been anything but awesome? I think we can safely assume he'll be pretty great and any effort you've put into your ewoks will not have been wasted.

GMY when he first came out. Papa Palp was good for awhile and then died out into obscurity. Thrawn was really the first amazing legendary that’s never needed a rework really. He’s been good since his inception
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    This is just really poor all around. Treat your players better. Something like revealing the kit a week or even a few days in adavance isn’t hard at all. This being a SW game is the only thing that keeps me playing.
  • If he wasn't worth it, wouldn't we all just complain till they "Fix" him?
  • Sentia wrote: »
    If he wasn't worth it, wouldn't we all just complain till they "Fix" him?

Would be nice to see the kit and then access whether or not he needs it before it even starts and we’ve pushed our Ewoks to G12 and used 3 zetas
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    The kit is coming in August.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    The kit is coming in August.

Was waiting to see how long it would take for someone to say that lol
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Does his kit matter? Will it change anything you are working toward? You cannot start building ewoks today to get c3po on Friday. Indeed, your choice has already been made. The kit can wait until Friday.

Yes it does actually. As paying and loyal customers we deserve to see if the stockpiles of gear and zetas we have will be worth the return. If he is a rebel version of HYoda or even remotely close to a utility character like R2, then it’s worth it. If he’s not and is the next GMY (before his rework and buffs) then it’s not worth it to pour a months worth of gear into Ewoks (Stun Guns, carbantis, gold eyeballs, etc) or omegas and zetas.
    If he’s not useful then people will be content 5* him, and finish later while prioritizing finishing their BH for OG chewy or other areas of the game. This game is all resource management and to expect us to pour a huge amount of them into an unknown product isn’t right.

So hoard your materials for now, upgrade later if you need/want to. Just because you have enough to build a stun gun doesn't mean you have to equip it immediately.

Double goes for zetas. Hold until needed

Patience.
    Does his kit matter? Will it change anything you are working toward? You cannot start building ewoks today to get c3po on Friday. Indeed, your choice has already been made. The kit can wait until Friday.

So hoard your materials for now, upgrade later if you need/want to. Just because you have enough to build a stun gun doesn't mean you have to equip it immediately.

Double goes for zetas. Hold until needed

Patience.

Patience? Well CG has tested it far too often in far too short of a time period. So not much left on hand. I can’t speak for everyone but I’m sure that it’s a general consensus that we don’t really have any when it comes to the basics of them doing their jobs.
  • Almost as bad as getting a calendar 5 days intp the month? What did you expect, Really?
  • Maybe the event is so hard that they will reveal the kit once the first person unlocks him ala OG Raid Han in May 2016.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Maybe the event is so hard that they will reveal the kit once the first person unlocks him ala OG Raid Han in May 2016.

That would be funny, and a little nostalgic lol
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Maybe the event is so hard that they will reveal the kit once the first person unlocks him ala OG Raid Han in May 2016.

Oh god please no...not again lol
    Sentia wrote: »

Would be nice to see the kit and then access whether or not he needs it before it even starts and we’ve pushed our Ewoks to G12 and used 3 zetas

4 zetas, m’lord!
  • Sentia wrote: »

They won’t fix him until he makes a “gamebreaking team” (aka something thats better than revan or autos hstr)
  • I get the feeling he is probably useless apart from getting Luke Jedi (Ep.VI) and that is the reason why we haven't seen his kit yet.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Sentia wrote: »

4 zetas, m’lord!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • KKatarn wrote: »
    I get the feeling he is probably useless apart from getting Luke Jedi (Ep.VI) and that is the reason why we haven't seen his kit yet.

That would **** off soooooo many people I bet. Don’t get me wrong, Ewoks under a Chirpa zeta lead are nice in TW and now GA, but pouring all the gear for G12....woof
  • Doubt he'll be useless. No Legendary/Heroes Journey character has been useless.

Sure Palp/GMY dropped off for awhile but Thrawn, R2, BB8, JTR, CLS etc are still all holding up well in various game modes.
    So now that the day is done in California, we still have no C3PO kit.

Why?

The kit reveal for JKR was delayed because they needed to rework and buff his kit. That’s why we didn’t get it until the last second. Ok, fine and understandable. What’s the excuse this time?

Is 3PO still not done? Is this becoming the norm? Sorry to say but it’s not ok to have to wait until less than 48 hours before the legendary starts to see what people are farming and pouring gear into.

OG Chewie had his kit available 5 days prior. ALL characters, say for unexpected delays and reworks should have their kits released in similar fashion. Stop making the community wait until the 11th hour for everything as a norm. It’s not ok.

At worst you dump a bunch of gear into Ewoks and C3P0 ends up sucking, but you've created another great Territory War (and Grand Arena) team that will help both yourself and your guild. But in the future on a release like this it'd be best to gather the gear you know you'll need and hold onto your zetas then if the kit is spectacular when finally revealed then throw those resources on that team. That way if it's revealed and it sucks then you dump all of those resources you saved on factions you know are great right now.
This discussion has been closed.