Nest bug fix, refund zeta please [MERGE]

123457Next

Replies

• Should go back and start requesting Zeta refunds for all teams since the Zeta was introduced. There are very few toons whose Zetas have remained relevant the entire time. See how that goes.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Bluesabus wrote: »
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    I zeta-ed maul specifically to counter Revan... a refund would help especially there was no way of knowing it was not WAI

The bug fix doesn't affect Maul nor does it affect Nest's zeta. This is not like Daka where the change to Zombie greatly affected how Daka's zeta worked.

Again, stop fishing for free stuff just because you don't like the change.

I don't have Nest zeta'd and only user her in TW.

With that said, if you only started using her as a Revan counter, and added a zeta because it makes her better at it, and then they took away your one reason for using her in the first place....well, I at least understand where they're coming from.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Should go back and start requesting Zeta refunds for all teams since the Zeta was introduced. There are very few toons whose Zetas have remained relevant the entire time. See how that goes.

In this world of entitlement you have a great argument. I also want all the gear and credits I spent on the vets back because they are worthless to me now that I have jtr. How dare u make me spend resources on characters I dont use anymore
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Should go back and start requesting Zeta refunds for all teams since the Zeta was introduced. There are very few toons whose Zetas have remained relevant the entire time. See how that goes.

In this world of entitlement you have a great argument. I also want all the gear and credits I spent on the vets back because they are worthless to me now that I have jtr. How dare u make me spend resources on characters I dont use anymore

JTR is worth a lot more than a week of higher arena finishes.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I'm not even really defending this - I believe nothing should be refunded. But I get why people are mad.
  • It's hilarious all the people that defended Nest as WAI all this time....
  • Ultra wrote: »
    It’s not a nerf

Nest was bugged and they fixed it. They fixed it now because the Nest bug can only occur against Revan lead so it remained hidden
    It can happen against others. Jango, marauder, literaly anyone with health down. This is like how critolyte was a “bug” even though it was an established feature of the game, and cg didn’t test enough.
    Or how the zombie nerf was keeping paper zombie a strat.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Bluesabus wrote: »
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    I zeta-ed maul specifically to counter Revan... a refund would help especially there was no way of knowing it was not WAI

The bug fix doesn't affect Maul nor does it affect Nest's zeta. This is not like Daka where the change to Zombie greatly affected how Daka's zeta worked.

Again, stop fishing for free stuff just because you don't like the change.

I don't have Nest zeta'd and only user her in TW.

With that said, if you only started using her as a Revan counter, and added a zeta because it makes her better at it, and then they took away your one reason for using her in the first place....well, I at least understand where they're coming from.

I understand where there coming from, but that's like asking for a refund on every zeta I've ever used because they've lost their usefulness over time. This is not a case of the bug fix affecting a zeta, it's a case of people not liking a bug fix and reacting spitefully as a result.
  • It's hilarious all the people that defended Nest as WAI all this time....

It's hilarious how many people are stumped by simple logic. It was working as intended when she was released because it was impossible to create this situation and observe the bug. It's really not that difficult to understand, yet here we are.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    It’s not a nerf

Nest was bugged and they fixed it. They fixed it now because the Nest bug can only occur against Revan lead so it remained hidden
    It can happen against others. Jango, marauder, literaly anyone with health down. This is like how critolyte was a “bug” even though it was an established feature of the game, and cg didn’t test enough.

Jango and Marauder cannot lower max health at the same speed as Revan can. It would have been virtually impossible to create the same scenario at the rate they lower health.
  • Bluesabus wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    It’s not a nerf

Jango and Marauder cannot lower max health at the same speed as Revan can. It would have been virtually impossible to create the same scenario at the rate they lower health.
    It could be noticeable though. Besides, every 3 turns they could remove 40% health with decent potency. It would eventually be obvious they get bonus prot over original max health.
    Revanue just had to be the only viable strat.
  • I think people misunderstand why zeta refund is requested.

If I buy 100k car with advertised 600hp.
    Then I add a 25k performance package that makes car handle better.(zeta)

Then few months later it turns out that car makes too much pollution.
    Manufacturer tests it out and testing reveals that 600hp is not affected.

It does a ninja nerf next time I go to service.

But I live at 10,000 ft and it just turns out that this altitude car loses 100hp with this ninja nerf.

I complain but since very few users are affected they just say, it is WAI because emissions were fixed to WAI status.

I say fu, give me my zeta $ back(the performance package). I only bought it so I can take it to track at 10,000 ft
    The loss of 100hp or the package are not evident unless I take it to track so this ninja nerf only shows up at track at 10,000 ft, but its WAI. Zeta is WAI and indeed it is but it’s useless now.

Zetas become useless in the future and that’s fine. The very next year much better performance package comes out for same $ but that’s how it is.

I don’t have nest, I wish I did
  • Your example actually proves why the zeta request is such a strange thing.

You spent 25k to make the car handle better. It does.

You lose 100 hp from a ninja nerf, but the car still handles as it did before. You're still getting the full benefit of the 25k you spent.

You want to rip the handling package out and get your 25k back? Now the car has 100 less hp AND worse handling. So you throw the car under a tarp and never take it to the track again.

The problem isn't the handling package.....
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • StarControl
    68 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Right, I want my 25k back and my stock handling
    I won’t be taking it too track anymore, it’s pointless
    After a lot of research and figured out that this 100k car can match the whales who bought 500k ferraris

But with ninja nerf I can’t hang.
  • So if the car is so worthless now that you've sold it for scrap, why aren't you demanding the manufacturer refund the purchase price of the car? The gas? The tires? The labor? The hours you spent enjoying it before the ninja nerf?

If people are really going to abandon Nest completely over this, why aren't they demanding a full refund? The credits? The gear? The ability mats? The energy spent farming?
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Bluesabus wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    It’s not a nerf

It could be noticeable though. Besides, every 3 turns they could remove 40% health with decent potency. It would eventually be obvious they get bonus prot over original max health.
    Revanue just had to be the only viable strat.

You said it yourself, it's dependent on potency. Also, we're talking taking seconds to reduce the health vs minutes (because Marauder and Jango both have cooldowns on those abilities that reduce health). How long does an arena match last? Oh right, 5 minutes.

But you know, keep drinking the conspiracy kool-aid.
  • 1) JKR was designed to become a newborn meta. If a newborn meta can be countered in such ridiculous way, in the day of its release, then it is not a meta. This is wrong, and must be fixed, whether it is a bug or not. And it does not really matter if this meta is a paywall or not.
    L for logic.
    2) Metas come and go. JKR will be countered. His counter will be countered. And so on. Again, metas should not be countered with whatever does already exist for a while. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense.
    P for patience.
    P.S. Lvl 84, playing since september, have no Revan, have no Nest.
    P.P.S. Actually, the whole situation when one-time Disney movie character pretty much rapes an iconic oldschool character like that is so, so wrong. Just MHO.
    P.P.P.S. Vitiate should be the ultimate Revan Counter. Because, canon. Because, have some goddamn respect. Because, "Darkness will consume all it touches. Stars will burn black, ashes raining on lifeless worlds. Everything ends."
    Too bad that this awesome character is not promoted well enough, so it is most likely that he will never be added to this game.
  • Regardless of what I personally think of the "Enfys Nerft" issue, I can understand those who are mad about that.
    You have my sympathies.
    But, speaking of refunds, how do you actually imagine that happening? How would you tell those who farmed Nest for Nest from those who were intending to use her exploit to defeat JKR?
    What evidence do you have, and how are you going to present it?
    How would you tell this situation from all the others when someone suddenly reconsiders investment choices made?
    And, do you really want devs to be occupied with THAT instead of working on any real content? It THIS really more important than getting several new kits almost each month, for instance (like what i've seen in my own playtime)?