Title Update 14 12/4/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• I‘ll ask again, as the question has been ignored:

When can we expect native support for the 2018 iPad Pros?
    The game looks terrible on these latest models.
    I had very high hopes for this update and I‘m VERY disappointed right now.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    It's been asked a lot.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    What happend to Nest? Missing something here
  • Gorem wrote: »
    What happend to Nest? Missing something here
    Nest is now F2P so is being nerfed accordingly.
  • TVF wrote: »
    It's been asked a lot.

And no expect a answer.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Oh! wow, they massively changed an entire game mechanic without word till today:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189209/bonus-protection-calculation-changes#latest

So according to that, bonus protection has never worked as its supposed to have worked since the beginning of bonus protection effects? lol.

Nest is now irrelevant for many people building her up specifically to tackle Revanue teams.
  • SirAlec wrote: »
    I know there are like a gizzilion posts already but this is awesome.

I have more things to collect next stop all the BH quest series 😀

On a side note those 3 bonus portraits on the. Far right anyone read the text on them

1) cold storage.
    2)air holes.
    3)dangerous

Hints or just fun text?

My guesses:
    1) Carbonite Han
    2) Porgs
    3) Exploding Crate
  • admiral_akbar
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    ajh6037 wrote: »
    There appears to be a bug associated with Traya cleanse after new update. 0gn4nzxeb20m.png
    Sion should only taunt when someone has pain. He is clearly taunting on Nihilus' turn. There were other similar scenarios where my sith (who were not isolated) were not being cleansed properly. @CS_SBCrumb
    Traya is cleansing Pain from Sith allies at the start of their turn due to her Unique Ability. The enemy Sion is triggering taunt at the same time at pain is cleansed. Your Sith ally had Pain at the start of their turn but it would be very hard to see visually since it happens almost instantly.
    43ovr4ewsxdo.png

@CG_SBCrumb What you said makes no sense. Explain this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/a3gcuy/not_just_another_siontraya_are_now_bugged_post/
  • Put the Ally selection screen back the heck like it was. What's the point of having allies if I can no longer distinguish them from dadgum strangers? Put the selection order placement back as well. You changed it so that buffs and debuffs didn't obstruct visibility yet failed miserably. If I still can't see at least let me choose the symmetry of my own dern team.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Text in guild chat still over laps
  • "Fixed an issue where the character mod inventory was reverting to the top row after reviewing mod details on a character."

Still not fixed. This is very annoying whenever we have to remod. Please relay it to your QC testers or whoever it is that said it had been fixed because it is a lie.

In addition, whenever we sim any energy in Light/Dark Battles, exit the table and return to it, our starting position is the first node of the table and not the node which we had simmed. Please fix this as well.

PS: Do you guys actually QC the updates before pushing it out? Seems like a constant problem whenever you guys release updates.
  • Great work on the timezone change! Thank you so much!
  • Can we get a permanent portrait of the crate? I kinda like it. Maybe fora quest that involves donating gear to guild mates.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Agrivere wrote: »
    I'm quite surprised I haven't seen this question asked yet, so I'll ask...

Regarding Grand Arena matchmaking, the overview makes it clear that matchmaking is based at least in part on Galactic Power, which is fine. The question is to what extent this accounts for mods on unused characters. I know folks are already pulling mods off of their lower level characters in the hopes this will reduce their Galactic Power and give them better matchups in the Grand Arena.

I'm not asking for all of the details on how matchmaking works, but can we get a bit more insight into how this system determines matchups, so we'll know whether or not doing things like removing mods from unused characters will result in a Grand Arena matchup advantage?

I'm hoping that this sort of "gaming the system" was accounted for when the system was designed, but just like sandbagging in TW people are going to figure out quickly enough if there are any "loopholes" in the matchmaking system, so there's no real good reason to keep this sort of thing a secret.

The matchmaking will be purely based on gp. You can pull your mods off on unused characters to lower it. However the amount you can change is quite loq. I don't think it's worth the effort. Better tactic would be not to gear/level/ability raise any toons that you won't put to use immediately. But in my case that boat has sailed for everything that's old.
  • ajh6037
    22 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    FAQ
    • Q: Is Sion's taunt broken after this update?
      A: No, don't forget about Traya's Unique! She cleanses debuff from allied Sith at the start of their turn. At the same time, an enemy Sion trigger's his Taunt as that debuff is being cleansed.

https://youtu.be/qXwgp4Ef51Q

@CG_SBCrumb @Pyrefly

After Title Update 14, Sion taunt is acting differently. Dev's claim it is not bugged but WAI, as you can see, however, it is not consistent. Per ability description, "at the start of each enemy's turn, if they have Pain, Sion gains Taunt until the end of the turn". Prior to the update, when a sith under Traya lead was cleansed by her ability ("At the start of each Sith ally's turn, Traya dispels all debuffs on them...."), Sion would not gain Taunt for the duration of the sith ally's turn. However, after the update, he will (but not consistently). If Sion's ability is supposed to be checked first, he should gain Taunt each turn an enemy has Pain, regardless of Traya's ability. However, if Traya's applies first, he should never gain taunt unless the ally is Isolated. As you can see in the video above, it is not consistent.

Specific instances in this video:
    compare what happens to Darth Nihilus in 0:54-1:01 and 1:36-1:41. He had Pain prior to his turn, at the start of his turn was cleansed of Pain, yet Sion taunted.
    Then compare what happes to both Traya and Sith Assassin from 1:12-1:33. Both of them had Pain prior to the start of their turn, were cleansed, yet Sion did not have Taunt. It is not consistent but still applies during opponents turns: at 1:45-1:46 opposing Traya was cleansed but my Sion had Taunt. However, earlier, at 1:35-1:39 their Sion had Pain and was cleansed but my Sion did not gain Taunt.

Clearly inconsistent.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    So, Sion bugged, and NS Zombie bugged, fix when?
  • Z2gop
    199 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb
    Why is there on the new December calendar there’s mythic events but there no legendary events for them ?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Famous wookie looks very legendary
  • Question on defense mechanics for GA.

What happens if I set zero defense - like, no teams at all - on this first Exhibition match? I know it says that if people forget to set defense, the teams they used to defend that territory last time will be auto-deployed. But what if there is no last time?

• Yes that one is there and thrawn. The others events there mystic events are listed not legendary.
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Famous wookie looks very legendary

• I have a quick question! Can I use the same squad in offense, even if I used it in defense?
  • Fivesy wrote: »
    I have a quick question! Can I use the same squad in offense, even if I used it in defense?

Nope.
  • SnokeonaUnicorn
    86 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    This game has been crashing constantly for me since this latest update. Has anybody else experienced this?
    Update: uninstall/reinstall seems to have done the trick.
    Post edited by SnokeonaUnicorn on
  • bigpopppadre
    25 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    <<ORIGINAL DEV POST>>
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi Holotable Heroes,

We are excited to announce Title Update 14 is here! Can you prove you are the best in the Grand Arena? Unlike Squad and Fleet Arena, you will now be able to fight anyone in the game in an 8-player struggle to earn some awesome prizes! Here you can compete against players of a similar Galactic power from around the world . We’re kicking off Season 0 with a special Exhibition event that starts soon, so make sure to get the latest update and get ready to play!

TIME SETTINGS
    One of the most common requests is to change the time of the squad/fleet arena payouts or change when daily activities reset. Many players have found that they are not available to battle near their current arena payout time or that it was changed due to daylight saving time and they’d like it to be a consistent time. Time settings allow players to change these times twice a year to whatever they find to be the most convenient for them.

The following are examples of times that are altered when the daily activity reset time is changed:
    • Daily Reset Time
    • Event Timers
    • Squad Arena Reward Time
    • Fleet Arena Reward Time
    • Free Energy Reward Times

Guild timers are not affected including Guild Activities, Territory Battles, Territory Wars, and Raid Timers.

<<ORIGINAL DEV POST>>

**it was never noted that the shipment wont be refreshing i changed my payout and everything is set. however all the shipment i have in the game have not refreshed (arena store, shipments, squad arena...)

is this a bug?

i hope we can get someone to address this issue or at least it gets disclosed coz im not gonna be able to get new shipments after 15+ hours instead of it refreshing every 6hrs...thanks
    Post edited by bigpopppadre on
  • I have a quick question to ask:
    Now we have multiple rounds in the Grand Arena, would the ships/characters being refreshed between rounds?

I mean, if I deployed a team of Nightsisters in Round#1, can I still use it in Round #2?

This is elemental for our stratgey in deploying teams for defense.
  • I tried submitting a ticket with EA because I missed TW on 11/26 b/c of the bug where players removed from a TW they had joined once the Setup Phase started. I signed up and then when I went to set defenses on 11/27, the TW was gone. I know I signed up because I had developed 1 character to gear 12 and 4 characters to gear 11 and waited to join until after I made these improvements. I thought it was very weird that the guild event was just gone, but did not realize that this was a bug. This is the second time this happened to me (the first was back in June). My ally code is 342-648-176 and I am in a guild called the Frequent Fighters. May I please receive the rewards that my guild earned for this event? I am attaching an image that I sent to my guild on discord back on 11/27.
    EA did give me some crystals when it happened back in June, but they said that they could not do the same this time. They said that the developers would have to address it, since it was a known bug. They recommended that I post something to the forums. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. Thank you!
    334f18bw9110.png
  • "Fixed an issue where the character mod inventory was reverting to the top row after reviewing mod details on a character."

Still not fixed. This is very annoying whenever we have to remod. Please relay it to your QC testers or whoever it is that said it had been fixed because it is a lie.

In addition, whenever we sim any energy in Light/Dark Battles, exit the table and return to it, our starting position is the first node of the table and not the node which we had simmed. Please fix this as well.

PS: Do you guys actually QC the updates before pushing it out? Seems like a constant problem whenever you guys release updates.

Excuse me, Devs, this issue still persists. Please look into it. Thanks
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    MinoP09 wrote: »
    I tried submitting a ticket with EA because I missed TW on 11/26 b/c of the bug where players removed from a TW they had joined once the Setup Phase started. I signed up and then when I went to set defenses on 11/27, the TW was gone. I know I signed up because I had developed 1 character to gear 12 and 4 characters to gear 11 and waited to join until after I made these improvements.
    In the future try to sign up as early as possible. It doesn't matter how early or late you join, the game locks your roster after the sign up period ends and would've included the new developments you made within the 24 hour join period

• New rewards again for next ga and another step down??? Why would anyone over 4mil care about these rewards. How is this even worth the effort 7rin9e5y087c.jpg

You want the player base to be excited about ga, make the rewards exciting. Smh. I dont see how these rewards come even remotely close to my guilds tw rewards