Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• How in the world am I matched against someone with literally 10 times more Zetas and gear 12 characters. I have no chance.
  • I've been enjoying grand arena 90 percent of the time people set their best teams on d leaving the left over squads that can't clear my d I save my empire/ Sith squad and Luke rebel squad take out two of their teams rinse and repeat .
  • So did anyone else get matched up with the same person from the exhibition match? Cuz I did lol.
  • How in the world am I matched against someone with literally 10 times more Zetas and gear 12 characters. I have no chance.

Well, is it 10 G12 to 1, or is it 100 G12 to 10? Ratio's don't tell us the whole story.
    How about an exact count.
  • FolsomTony wrote: »
    How in the world am I matched against someone with literally 10 times more Zetas and gear 12 characters. I have no chance.

Well, is it 10 G12 to 1, or is it 100 G12 to 10? Ratio's don't tell us the whole story.

Also how many g10 and g11 do you have compared to them. You can take out g12 toons with g11 teams if you play it right.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Let’s not forget those zetas are included in the almost identical GP

So the difference of 22k or so GP should be accounted for somewhere on your profile
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    So did anyone else get matched up with the same person from the exhibition match? Cuz I did lol.

That match must have not counted against the "you won't ever fight the same guy twice" that they had said before, lol. I didn't, but man that's funny. The chances of that happening must be so crazy rare.

Looking over all 8 of mine, our gear differences are crazy, from one guy with 2 G12 to another with 18. Like, sure we have the same GP, but man does that not make any sense to base our matchups on.

Its cool that ships are included but the guy still has to get through 2 squads he won't ever get through, doesn't matter if his ships is like 200k gp ahead of me.

Seems winning this is to just put good enough defence that can heal itself out and save your best stuff for attacking, since what i've seen so far is people put their best stuff on defence leaving them literally nothing to attack with.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    So did anyone else get matched up with the same person from the exhibition match? Cuz I did lol.

That match must have not counted against the "you won't ever fight the same guy twice" that they had said before, lol. I didn't, but man that's funny. The chances of that happening must be so crazy rare.

Looking over all 8 of mine, our gear differences are crazy, from one guy with 2 G12 to another with 18. Like, sure we have the same GP, but man does that not make any sense to base our matchups on.

Its cool that ships are included but the guy still has to get through 2 squads he won't ever get through, doesn't matter if his ships is like 200k gp ahead of me.

Seems winning this is to just put good enough defence that can heal itself out and save your best stuff for attacking, since what i've seen so far is people put their best stuff on defence leaving them literally nothing to attack with.

Depends. After looking at my opponents roster, i put 4 90k plus teams in front. Jtr and bastilla on one side and Bh and traya led sith on the other.

From looking at tge characters they have they can probably put 4 90k teams together easily enough but not with a lot of synergy so I think it'll hold.

If they put everything on offense, I clear their weak defense. If they save their best for defense, they have no shot at clearing my defense.

It really comes down to who has the better roster and knows how to use it.

Of the 7 others I'm matched up with all but one will likely be a fairly easy win. And I think I can beat that last one too but it may be close.
  • My opponent removed mods from 40 of his toons to lower his GP. This affects the integrity of the game. People like this should automatically forfeit. There’s got to be a way to program it where if your GP goes down a significant amount that you are ineligible to participate. Either that or use the GP from the last TB for maatchmaking.
  • Canceling TWs for the sake of Grand Arena is a poor move and shows that CG does not care for the community. Only players at lvl 85 can participate in this Grand Arena mode, whereas TW is open to lower level-players, too. Those players are now missing out on important tokens and on a fun game mode with NO replacement.
  • 8 players and 3 rounds is such a bad idea.
  • I am still unclear on why I should set a defense if I have no chance at winning a round. Wouldn't I be better off using all my characters on offense to make Quest progress?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Ralakili wrote: »
    Canceling TWs for the sake of Grand Arena is a poor move and shows that CG does not care for the community. Only players at lvl 85 can participate in this Grand Arena mode, whereas TW is open to lower level-players, too. Those players are now missing out on important tokens and on a fun game mode with NO replacement.

Now that is a legitimate complaint.
  • Ralakili wrote: »
    Canceling TWs for the sake of Grand Arena is a poor move and shows that CG does not care for the community. Only players at lvl 85 can participate in this Grand Arena mode, whereas TW is open to lower level-players, too. Those players are now missing out on important tokens and on a fun game mode with NO replacement.

This. It’s bad enough I’m getting messages in my inbox reminding me I’m not able to participate in GA, now you’re canceling a TW where I’d get currency that’s valuable to my progression and only making it up to the level 85 players? Let’s understand something, people like me are the players of tomorrow. Best to not **** us off.

But no worries, I’m sure there will be enough outrage that you’ll make it up to us with some fng chewie shards.

• Wow so we gonna run it all December to what?test it out... Oh yeah cause that wasn't done before during development
  • And every thread stating not running TW is a mistake and rolling the rewards into GA is a mistake removed in one fell swoop. At least 3 three threads I was following now gone.
  • Wow so we gonna run it all December to what?test it out... Oh yeah cause that wasn't done before during development

On CG's screen, we all have one title "Beta Tester"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • And every thread stating not running TW is a mistake and rolling the rewards into GA is a mistake removed in one fell swoop. At least 3 three threads I was following now gone.

Was looking for them as well because I didn’t want to clutter in here.

I think not running tw is bad and mistake. Can these events not run at the same time?
  • Who ever wanted Grand Arena in the first place. Regular arena sucks already. I want TW over this new content. Give us want we want.
  • I think it's awesome. Quality roster over quantity. Adjust moving forward.
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb : Does anybody know for certain when mods are locked in for your defensive teams? This is a really important aspect of defense, and nobody seems to have a clear answer. I thought cg was trying to encourage mod use...

They said everything is locked after the join period. It stays the same for all 3 rounds.

I dont remember a "join" phase, is that the player lock that just happened? And when can I safely remove those mods knowing they'll be used on defense!?
  • Who ever wanted Grand Arena in the first place. Regular arena sucks already. I want TW over this new content. Give us want we want.

The good news is we'll get to do both, as they schedule them (or reschedule them).
    And I'll say it. I wanted Grand Arena. So, they did give me what I wanted. Sorry it's not what you wanted.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Who ever wanted Grand Arena in the first place. Regular arena sucks already. I want TW over this new content. Give us want we want.

I didn't want GA but I sure as heck don't want TW. TW is the worst.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Liath wrote: »
    Who ever wanted Grand Arena in the first place. Regular arena sucks already. I want TW over this new content. Give us want we want.

Found the guildie that doesn't contribute

When they start removing entire threads, you know it's going to be a **** show. Just don't complain about the match ups being based on gp, as everyone knows you should have been psychic and not leveled up toons that ended up being crap. Nevermind that cg stated you shouldn't/wouldn't be penalized for leveling/staring/gearing your toons. You weren't mislead. It's your fault for not calling Mrs Cleo.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

Found the guildie that doesn't contribute

No, no. She just makes me do TW for her.
  • BalecGonJinn
    153 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    FolsomTony wrote: »
    How in the world am I matched against someone with literally 10 times more Zetas and gear 12 characters. I have no chance.

I have 5 Zetas on characters. They have 32.
    I have 9 G12, they have 50.

So it’s not exactly 10x, but you can clearly see my complaint.
    Our GP is similar but clearly my roster is no where near his.
  • This may have been discussed already, if so point me in the right direction. A lot of my guild experienced people who joined GA but then decided to not lay defensive squads. This actually hurts people who want to play the mode because you don't get to attack and you lose out on the 100k credits per victory. I wonder if there would be a way CG could force lay defenses (just take the first five highest gp characters and lump em together, then the next five, and next five etc) for people who don't lay any defensive squads. This would basically gurantee a loss but wouldn't punish people who actually want to play, or you could just net the opponent 100k credits for every zone that doesn't have a defensive squad placed. The player who lines up vs a defenseless opponent also loses opportunities to complete some of the quests as well so overall I think the issue should be addressed in some way as there are likely to be a number of people who will just join and ignore the mode and collect their free 8th place loot
  • would much rather be playing tw right now than grand arena. the rewards are not as good and grand arena is not really that cool imo. it doesnt promote communication within the guild like tw. by choosing to replace tw with this mess that isnt really any fun i hope ea/cg really does look at this and make this event a one time thing.

as soon as the board is laid out most people can pick the winners and the odds dont really match up. i see maybe one or two opponents matching up and the rest of the battles in my grand arena as battles decided before the battle begins.

i cant understand why they chose to go this direction. please bring back tw's and get rid of grand arena.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Pervysage wrote: »
    This may have been discussed already, if so point me in the right direction. A lot of my guild experienced people who joined GA but then decided to not lay defensive squads. This actually hurts people who want to play the mode because you don't get to attack and you lose out on the 100k credits per victory. I wonder if there would be a way CG could force lay defenses (just take the first five highest gp characters and lump em together, then the next five, and next five etc) for people who don't lay any defensive squads. This would basically gurantee a loss but wouldn't punish people who actually want to play, or you could just net the opponent 100k credits for every zone that doesn't have a defensive squad placed. The player who lines up vs a defenseless opponent also loses opportunities to complete some of the quests as well so overall I think the issue should be addressed in some way as there are likely to be a number of people who will just join and ignore the mode and collect their free 8th place loot
    No official response on it but for now, using a 8 player Grand Arena, you are bound to run into someone who does play the game in the three rounds and should be able to complete your challenges through that