ILB

Titanu
11 posts Member
edited March 2020
ILB
Post edited by Titanu on

Replies

• Given how horrendous the drop rates are for the Old Republic toons. I'd probably continue with CLS for now.

Going from my experience from trying to farm Mission for example, I can spend 100/200 energy and maybe get 3 shards IF I'm lucky.

Anyway, if you've already started gearing them, the CLS toons only need to be around 8/9 anyway (so I've been told) so they'll be much faster to get ready then you can move on immediately after that.

CLS shall likely arrive before Revan anyway, so you may as well strike him off the to do list.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    The drop rate is approx 30% on all toons, full stop. Please don't spread false information, and don't give advice based on it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I'd go for Option c. This way, you will have at least 3 synergetic squads available to you: FO, CLS Rebels, and Resistance. Revan is definitely nice but you can substitute Bastilla Jedis for the time being. From the sound of it, you are relatively new, so you could definitely earn your top 100 spot with a Bastilla, GMY, Ezra, GK, Thrawn Team (Hoda if available)... in Terms of Guild Raids / TW / GA, it's currently more useful to have a few well working teams instead of just 1 really good one.
    In Terms of Ships: well abandon going after phantom... that will give you not much return. Go for HT, Biggs, Vade and Xanadu Blood; that's pretty much all you need for sustaining top 20.

If you need closer advice I'd suggest you post your profile via swgoh.gg
  • @Akaryn abandon phantom? Therefore abandoning thrawn capital ship? Nooo don’t do that...
    I retain top 3 at payout/top 10 overnight with ht Vader and imp tie, thrawn as capital...
  • Titanu
    11 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    ILB
    Post edited by Titanu on
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Switching focus is a trap. You'll bounce back and forth forever and take twice as long to finish everything. Pick a thing and stick with it. Ignore the event schedule and just hammer away at it until it's done.

So, yeah, finish CLS.

After that, I guess Revan is a good choice, since it'll take less time to get ready for than JTR.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF wrote: »
    The drop rate is approx 30% on all toons, full stop. Please don't spread false information, and don't give advice based on it.

Approx? In other words it varies.

Stop arguing with literally every single person on the board.

Old Ben average 5 shards per 100 cantina energy, Mission Vao maybe 2 if I'm lucky, identical results with Luke explain that.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    TVF wrote: »

Old Ben average 5 shards per 100 cantina energy, Mission Vao maybe 2 if I'm lucky, identical results with Luke explain that.

It doesn't vary, you just need a statistically relevant sample size to approximate the number. Only CG knows the exact number.

Entire guilds have contributed to tracking a number. Their efforts are way more accurate than your feelings.

The OR toons have the exact same drop rate as any other toon. There are reasons to not farm them, but drop rate is not one of them.

It's literally not possible for me to literally argue with every single person on the board because there isn't that much time in a day. And regardless, I am arguing with people spreading misinformation. There just happens to be a lot of them here.
  • This game is all about the long term focus. It's really easy to be overwhelmed, so you have to as you say, "take a chill pill", and just take it one very long step at a time. The only way to around this is spending money on resources, which can be a waste without a long term goal to begin with.

As for arena, the mods are always the answer. Chasing metas is a way to get ahead, but if you can't match the mods if the top guys, you'll be sacrificing everyb other party of the game for a very minimal gain. For example, there are 51 revans in my shard. The people with subpar mods struggle to break top 50, and when you add in the serious revan-beating teams, those guys are often in the 100's. Imagine putting everything on hold to go all in for revan, just to sit in the 100's; I know I would be upset.

Every shard is different of course, but if you're not sufficiently farming and slicing mods, you will always be behind. Once you do get 5 competitive mod sets, maintaining rank won't be as difficult as it seems.

Take a deep breath, join a quality guild that can offer sound advice on a long term plan, and you'll get there. Remember to have fun along the way.
  • CLS for sure, you can make a good Rebel team with him and he plugs into other teams nicely.
    I saw on your swgoh account that you could put together a nice Jedi team with Bastilla lead and grandmaster Y, plus plug in Ezra and pick another (maybe Mace or Kanaan) your Hoda looks ready too.
    You've got some good dark side/Empire toons throw them some zetas and and have fun.
    Finally, I would keep working on the Phoenix ships, Thrawn's capital is the key to ruling the fleet arena. Plus, if phantom is not available ships is a great place to farm zetas.
  • Option C. Finish CLS and the go for BB8. You'll get a fun First Order squad out of it, including both KRU and his ship. And then you'll have BB8, a very good addition to any team but mostly Resistance teams. After that, go for Revan cause RJT takes soooooooo long.
  • I have to agree with the above poster. Mod sets will make or break you. Retain focus where you've got it now (CLS,) then choose your next focus. Revan is a solid choice, just keep in mind once you get him, you'll be needing to work GMY and Ezra up.

I've managed to stay near top 100 with an Ackbar lead team, surrounded by Trayas and Revans, mostly because I burned a LOT or resources on making a halfway decent mod set. I've stayed stagnant too long working TW and HSTR teams, and it's starting to show, but that mod set work has carried me a LONG way.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Lymond1956 wrote: »
    Thrawn's capital is the key to ruling the fleet arena.

Probably shard dependent but in general not true. My shard is equal Thrawn and Tarkin. Some people swear by Ackbar. Mace is making a comeback.

OP, one of the things you hopefully are learning is that in this place, people post all sorts of absolutes that are not actually absolutes.
  • Don't switch focus, and plan to play the long game. You won't get the fancy elite toons the first time they come around (or the 2nd, or the 3rd, or even the 4th). You'll never catch up to the whales who can panic-farm anything they want.

I'm a minnow, F2P except for the occasional crystal purchase. It took me more than a year to get CLS and JTR, but I was very unfocused and disorganized for most of my first year in the game. I won't get Revan or C3PO for a long time.

But, after a year and a half of playing, I've got a great roster, place in the top 5 of my Guild's raids, and consistently place in the low 100s in squad arena and the 30s in fleet.

You'll get there! Just keep at it.
    Guild Leader of CHAL | Member of the WWL Alliance
    TVF wrote: »

It doesn't vary, you just need a statistically relevant sample size to approximate the number. Only CG knows the exact number.

Entire guilds have contributed to tracking a number. Their efforts are way more accurate than your feelings.

The OR toons have the exact same drop rate as any other toon. There are reasons to not farm them, but drop rate is not one of them.

It's literally not possible for me to literally argue with every single person on the board because there isn't that much time in a day. And regardless, I am arguing with people spreading misinformation. There just happens to be a lot of them here.

Word TVF ,
    The fact that he said “ stop arguing with literally every single person “ shows how well he knows numbers and probability as well as illustrates how much common sense the poor lads got.

He states how rarely he gets drops on mission shards , then immediately says a very exaggerated statement including numbers.
    “ literally every single person on this forum “
    What are you a Kardashian? Why are you talking like this.

• Stick with the CLS path. He will allow you to solo Rancor and is part of several key Tank Raid teams. Scoring higher there will build currency and gear without you even noticing it and help your other, future grinds. While not exactly meta at the high end CLS remains a very top, useful toon and one I'd finish up. Old Ben is still a very solid tank and original Leia has a place on a few high damage raid teams.
  • Titanu
    11 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    ILB
    Post edited by Titanu on
  • Good call. You’re closest to unlocking CLS, so he should definitely be your next priority. After that, you can either choose Revan or JTR, depending on preference
  • Titanu wrote: »
    Thank you for replies guys. Taking your advices into consideration, seems that i`ll just stick to CLS for now

One other thing to consider, is making sure that you can beat the highest tier of the credit heist. Not saying to change any direction, but credits are their own bottleneck. Looking at your scoundrels, you probably have, but just wanted to make sure.
  • Titanu
    11 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    ILB
    Post edited by Titanu on
    Lymond1956 wrote: »
    Thrawn's capital is the key to ruling the fleet arena.

OP, one of the things you hopefully are learning is that in this place, people post all sorts of absolutes that are not actually absolutes.

emic4lr8eukl.jpg
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • Other than old ben and mission/t3 the revan and cls farms don't overlap. So farm st han from arena currency and focus hard on old ben and then immediately focus on mission/t3. While you finish cls, use your regular energy for jolee/zalbar. Depending on the schedule, you'll be ready for Revan either next time or the time after by doing that and get cls next time.

I do think revan is the better first legendary starting out. The req are less than either cls or jtr. Though the req are in easier locations for cls. Also for cls or jtr to be meta, you need chewie/3PO as well. Not the case with revan.

I'd still go cls first since you're really close and revan will likely come back sooner than you'll be ready. By going after revan first, you risk missing both. But of course the timing of revan's return is pure speculation. If you want to risk it, that's up to you.

But I'm pretty sure, you can solo rancor with revan. I've seen him in a video solo haat so he's good there. He does 10 mil in hstr so great there. All and all you get much more out of revan than with cls but it's a gamble.

And don't listen to those saying you'll never get legendaries the first of second time. You can catch up and eventually get them sooner. You just have to stay focused and ignore the flavor of the month characters that just distract you from farming.

I'm ftp and got chewie and 3PO the first go and missed revan but I'm ready when he returns. The speculation phase is possible, it just takes some time.