Canceling TWs for December [MERGE]

Replies

• DarthBigdogVWW
    41 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Bet the real issue is simultaneously locking rosters for a week with GA and then locking rolling windows with TW’s crashes the system due to the massive data load.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote:
    the majority of players will receive more than they would have earned.

@CG_SBCrumb , What about players in guilds that are not level 85? How will they receive more than they would have earned by not being allowed to partake in the Grand Arena?

Why does CG constantly ignore new and beginning players with each update? It was so frustrating to start this game a few months ago because every new release or event or update felt like it was only tailored towards end game players and anyone under level 85 or less than 1m GP didn't matter to CG.

^^ newer players have it the worst.
    This game retains players so well (3 years for me) but I can’t see how a new player would stay that long.

Off topic- There really needs to be a sped up process for them to advance quicker. Even just starting teams of Phoenix and imperial troopers would go a long way. With marquees taking over hard nodes it is harder and harder to get required teams for pve.

On topic - there is something more to this. Either we are going to lose a tw during the week for ga, or they can’t run events together. Or some big brass in corporate just wants to force new content on us. This is a bad move and it’s being echoed by a majority of the player base.

The unfairness to newer players and the resources needed for the more tenured players.

This is where communication is vital. If there is a bug with tw and ga running together it’s more understandable. But I fear the worst. More content really means less content now.
  • Range1974
    899 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Dear CG. Why don’t you ask your player base before making stupid decisions? You needed to adjust the schedule by 2 days max. Cancel 1 TW. Bad decision. Bad decision-making methodology.
  • Terrible decision. I look forward to each TW. Maybe the GA will be something fun, but right now it doesn't seem that different from existing content. Not sure why you can't run both though to cater to individual players (GA) AND players who like the team aspect (TW).
  • EnderStark wrote: »
    TW is many people’s favorite aspect of the game. Canceling it for GA is dumb and shows that CG is out of touch with the player base.
    I didn't read all the merged posts that followed, but only going to use this quote as an example for my 2 cents. Because I just wonder what you guys are expecting from the devs. When GA was announced for the first time, tons of comments popped up stating how "many people hate TW, why do they implement a solo version of the less loved part of the game, etc. pp."
    Now they seem to have read those comments before canceling TW for this month - and suddenly the same amount of players state how TW is their favourite part of the game.
    I'm also not happy that they cancelled it temporarily, but you really can't say they wouldn't listen to the community. The problem is just that there will never be only one opinion the whole community would share ;) .
  • ...TWs back. A whole month without a TW, this is going to be a rough month. Can't we swap the TBs for GA?
  • Maybe there are compensations of missing TW by GA rewards so... I think it’s not bad.
  • Love this TW break.
  • TB is better.
  • Bet the real issue is simultaneously locking rosters for a week with GA and then locking rolling windows with TW’s crashes the system due to the massive data load.

This.^
  • Obi1_son wrote: »
    JEDI619 wrote: »
    Grand Arena is the ultimate test of skill. Instead of relying on everyone else to take out teams that you cannot.

Ha. That's laughable.

When matchmaking is so poor that some are matched against ppl with 30 more g12 toons. Its hardly a test of skill....

It IS a test of skill in terms of roster management. If my enemy has no idea how to build proper rosters, why should I have mercy with him? My current enemy has indeed 30 less g12 than I do. But whose fault is that? He could've have the same amount as I do if he had done things right. I'm not trying to be arrogant or rude, but managing and building your roster in an efficient way is part of the game. And some players are better at it than others. And if someone is better at it than me, then he deserves the victory. Simple as that.
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    The problem is just that there will never be only one opinion the whole community would share ;) .

Majority, if not all, who staded that "devs must listen the players opinion" presumes that is their opinion the devs must listen. Anyone else`s opinion shell not exist.

But what is players opinion?
    10 people may be shouting that TW is the worst thing in the game and they want to break their phone when they see it.
    10 other may be shouting that TW is the Best thing in their life and they spend days and nights dreaming about them.
    100 will keep silent as they dont bother about TW at all.
    1000 will be unaware that someone is shouting somewhere....
    Where is the truth? :)
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Range1974 wrote: »
    Dear CG. Why don’t you ask your player base before making stupid decisions?

Because they see all the stupid things the player base posts here.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TWs run for 3 days and award guild event and guild tokens, the most valuable currencies in the game. GA runs for 1 week and awards farmable mod slices and gear. Please do not restrict TW (or TB) for the sake of grand arena. I'm already waffling on whether I'm going to sign up for GA every time, I'm just not that enthused for it.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Disruptor wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    Grand Arena is the ultimate test of skill. Instead of relying on everyone else to take out teams that you cannot.

Ha. That's laughable.

When matchmaking is so poor that some are matched against ppl with 30 more g12 toons. Its hardly a test of skill....

It IS a test of skill in terms of roster management. If my enemy has no idea how to build proper rosters, why should I have mercy with him? My current enemy has indeed 30 less g12 than I do. But whose fault is that? He could've have the same amount as I do if he had done things right. I'm not trying to be arrogant or rude, but managing and building your roster in an efficient way is part of the game. And some players are better at it than others. And if someone is better at it than me, then he deserves the victory. Simple as that.

It's not so much a test as a pop quiz. There has been no warning of "proper rosters" and everything else (events, TB, etc.) has been to raise as many characters as possible instead of just being focused on a handful of characters.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    TWs run for 3 days and award guild event and guild tokens, the most valuable currencies in the game. GA runs for 1 week and awards farmable mod slices and gear. Please do not restrict TW (or TB) for the sake of grand arena. I'm already waffling on whether I'm going to sign up for GA every time, I'm just not that enthused for it.

If the rewards that are added to GA are equivalent to what you miss out from TW, as was basically said, then this isn't a valid complaint.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Disruptor wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »

Ha. That's laughable.

It's not so much a test as a pop quiz. There has been no warning of "proper rosters" and everything else (events, TB, etc.) has been to raise as many characters as possible instead of just being focused on a handful of characters.

Yep, fluffing up your roster has so far ranged from beneficial (TB) through irrelevant (Arena) to mixed (TW). GA is the first game mode where it's strictly detrimental, it should at least have tiered rewards like TW.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189982/shortened-territory-war-schedule-for-december

Thread title and information posted within are in conflict. Which is correct? I assume the thread title is the wrong one. Please clarify.
  • This will be a veeeery boring month for TW-focused guilds... Bad decision, CG/EA.
  • JEDI619 wrote: »
    If you are going to be getting good rewards from GA i dont see what the big deal is at all. So relax and play the game and get rewards. SIMPLE

They don't have a font big enough for that "If".

The only reason this concerns me is the of the caveat in the announcement: "some players at very high GP brackets may receive less rewards depending on where they place in Grand Arena"

First off, those "very high GP brackets" is vague and it's also where the highest rewards are anyway.

Second, anytime in the past 16+ months CG has "fixed" (i.e. changed something) it has ALWAYS been to make them worse - not better (see HSith reward structure, Ships 2.0, etc.)

Finally, forgive me if you find my lack of faith disturbing, but trusting that CG will somehow come up with a "significant make good" (yeah, I went there) for cancelling TW is simply wishful thinking given their track record of doing things well that actually work as intended and for the players' benefit.

So, if I actually receive better (or even the same) rewards I would have for TW, then it will be the first time in 2+ years I have been pleasantly surprised by a last minute change by CG.

It's not a big deal, it just is.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    If you are going to be getting good rewards from GA i dont see what the big deal is at all. So relax and play the game and get rewards. SIMPLE

They don't have a font big enough for that "If".

The only reason this concerns me is the of the caveat in the announcement: "some players at very high GP brackets may receive less rewards depending on where they place in Grand Arena"

First off, those "very high GP brackets" is vague and it's also where the highest rewards are anyway.

Second, anytime in the past 16+ months CG has "fixed" (i.e. changed something) it has ALWAYS been to make them worse - not better (see HSith reward structure, Ships 2.0, etc.)

Finally, forgive me if you find my lack of faith disturbing, but trusting that CG will somehow come up with a "significant make good" (yeah, I went there) for cancelling TW is simply wishful thinking given their track record of doing things well that actually work as intended and for the players' benefit.

So, if I actually receive better (or even the same) rewards I would have for TW, then it will be the first time in 2+ years I have been pleasantly surprised by a last minute change by CG.

It's not a big deal, it just is.

^^ times a million!

I find myself expecting the worst more and more. Very cautious for any change now.
  • If you read it carefully, you should see that most people will be getting more rewards than they normally would have, while the rest will be getting slightly less. It really isn't that big of a deal.

Do you really think CG is going to give us the 2 zetas our guild normally gets every TW? Really?

Also, I need 5 TW wins to get my Sith Master title and avatar. Is this also going to advance that?

Also also, most of my opponents have Revan AND Treya... I don't care what you say, if I have neither of those... I'm going to lose.

Also also also, my first opponent has 5 G12 toons against my THIRTY. How did they end up in our group?!!?!? Well, at least I won't get dead last.
  • Whatever, Territory Wars suck.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Range1974 wrote: »
    Dear CG. Why don’t you ask your player base before making stupid decisions?

Because they see all the stupid things the player base posts here.

Brexit, anyone? That's a decision that came from the very bottom of the base...
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Whatever, Territory Wars suck.

GA is just TW on a smaller scale with more RNG-dependence.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

It's precisely the smaller scale that I like.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    TWs run for 3 days and award guild event and guild tokens, the most valuable currencies in the game. GA runs for 1 week and awards farmable mod slices and gear. Please do not restrict TW (or TB) for the sake of grand arena. I'm already waffling on whether I'm going to sign up for GA every time, I'm just not that enthused for it.

If the rewards that are added to GA are equivalent to what you miss out from TW, as was basically said, then this isn't a valid complaint.

I realize that. But going forward, I don't want an either/or situation with GA and TW. It's a valid concern.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

It's precisely the smaller scale that I like.

In TW you have more choice - some excel at defenses, some at offense. You could specialize and not be screwed. Here the guys that are excellent at offense and specialized their setup for that are strongly advantaged because they only need to set one decent defense that holds off one first time attack and then wipe the floor of the opposition with their crafted offensive teams. Whoever tried to balance both or is stronger on the defense is kitten litter...
  • This is an astoundingly dumb decision. TW is what has driven my top end guild to keep working on and we stress how important teamwork is and participation. It's a slap in the face to all of the individuals that have worked so hard to build up strong tw guilds to just cancel them for some new content that we are literally beta testing with early rounds. Even worse, as has been aptly pointed out already, only players that are level 85 can participate in grand arena, so moving some TW rewards to grand arena is a direct denial of rewards many new players would otherwise get.

This decision reeks of a fishbowl environment where there is a ton of pressure and people make wide-ranging decisions without a sounding board or any attempt to comprehend the actual impact of those decisions. Pressure is a privilege and right now, CG doesn't deserve the privilege of our participation. Please step it up, for the good of the game we all enjoy so much.