Canceling TWs for December [MERGE]

Replies

• Startomsto wrote: »
    That totally sucks...
    What s the problem with having both tw and ga?

I don't know this but it wouldn't surprise me if they couldn't run both TW and GA at the same time. Both modes create a snapshot of your character roster. If their software isn't set up to capture 2 separate snapshots I could see how some bugs could crop up or potentiall exploits.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Whatever, Territory Wars suck.

GA is just TW on a smaller scale with more RNG-dependence.

And no teamwork.
  • Disruptor wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    JEDI619 wrote: »
    Grand Arena is the ultimate test of skill. Instead of relying on everyone else to take out teams that you cannot.

Ha. That's laughable.

When matchmaking is so poor that some are matched against ppl with 30 more g12 toons. Its hardly a test of skill....

It IS a test of skill in terms of roster management. If my enemy has no idea how to build proper rosters, why should I have mercy with him? My current enemy has indeed 30 less g12 than I do. But whose fault is that? He could've have the same amount as I do if he had done things right. I'm not trying to be arrogant or rude, but managing and building your roster in an efficient way is part of the game. And some players are better at it than others. And if someone is better at it than me, then he deserves the victory. Simple as that.

It's not so much a test as a pop quiz. There has been no warning of "proper rosters" and everything else (events, TB, etc.) has been to raise as many characters as possible instead of just being focused on a handful of characters.

Well, players who have deeper rosters reaped the benefits in TB for doing so. Benefits that I (for example) didn't have. Now I reap benefits from having a focused roster in GA and the others need to sit out. Seems pretty fair to me. Or are you saiyng they are allowed to get rewards for their decisions throughout the game and I am not?
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    TWs run for 3 days and award guild event and guild tokens, the most valuable currencies in the game. GA runs for 1 week and awards farmable mod slices and gear. Please do not restrict TW (or TB) for the sake of grand arena. I'm already waffling on whether I'm going to sign up for GA every time, I'm just not that enthused for it.

If the rewards that are added to GA are equivalent to what you miss out from TW, as was basically said, then this isn't a valid complaint.

I realize that. But going forward, I don't want an either/or situation with GA and TW. It's a valid concern.

Yes, but you're talking about content now, and I agree. That's a separate issue from rewards.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Leytuhas wrote: »
    Their reasoning is so shallow too. "Oh we're giving you similar rewards in GA don't worry about it.". No, that's shenanigans and you know it @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb. You can't be all LOOKIT THIS NEW GAME MODE SHINY, then screw up the first round massively (lol what's QA?), then TAKE AWAY a game mode while claiming that GA had similar rewards with simultaneous proof that it doesn't (no Zetas, no GE currency). There's a simple phrase used in English that describes what you're pulling here, unfortunately your child's play of a forum censors it. Good day.

Talk about reading comprehension fail. He said the rewards from the two TWs would be added to the _next_ GA not the current one. Also by the way it was worded it sounds like the top tier TW payouts are put in for the top placement in the GA. So if you're in a small guild the payout will be higher than anything you could have hoped from doing the TW.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Moldrak wrote: »
    Leytuhas wrote: »
    Their reasoning is so shallow too. "Oh we're giving you similar rewards in GA don't worry about it.". No, that's shenanigans and you know it @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb. You can't be all LOOKIT THIS NEW GAME MODE SHINY, then screw up the first round massively (lol what's QA?), then TAKE AWAY a game mode while claiming that GA had similar rewards with simultaneous proof that it doesn't (no Zetas, no GE currency). There's a simple phrase used in English that describes what you're pulling here, unfortunately your child's play of a forum censors it. Good day.

Talk about reading comprehension fail. He said the rewards from the two TWs would be added to the _next_ GA not the current one. Also by the way it was worded it sounds like the top tier TW payouts are put in for the top placement in the GA. So if you're in a small guild the payout will be higher than anything you could have hoped from doing the TW.

You cannot draw any conclusions from wording here. Have to wait until the show part, the tell part doesn't mean anything.

If you're taking them at their word, you haven't been paying attention. At this point I'm assuming the worst, which is pretty typical from them. Nice white knighting for CG though.

Not believing the statements is your choice. But you make it sound like a promise has already been broken. Hasn't happened yet, so you can holster your pitchfork for the moment.
  • TVF wrote: »

You cannot draw any conclusions from wording here. Have to wait until the show part, the tell part doesn't mean anything.

True there was nothing concrete in his post but he did say almost everyone will get better rewards than if they did the TW. CG has always been very generous with reward to make good for some game failure.

Can't log in for a few hours? Free Crystals for everyone. Revan sneaked in GB squads. More free stuff.

The good thing is the holidays are always tough for getting solid guild participation (people travel etc). So while I had been anticipating poor participation in these TWs and poor rewards, now it's not a concern.
  • Ok a few thoughts.

1. CG needs to compensate the under 85 players for missed tw. I'm sure it was an oversight and they will but some quick communication on that would do a lot.

2. Some more communication on why tw was cancelled and what the plan going forward past Dec is would also help. If it's a bug and they'll get it worked out and have tw and tb at the normal schedule and ga added in addition to that in Jan, then saying so would go a long way towards easing fears.

3. For those complaining they will possibly get worse rewards for ga. If you are actually competitive in tw (as in contributing more to a win than your averahe guild member) then you should have a fairly competitive roster and do fine in ga. If not, you need to look at your roster because you are likely hurting your guild in tw as well.

4. For those at 4 mil gp complaining that they don't have revan or traya and shouldn't be matched against those that do. At 4 mil gp, not having traya is your fault. Revan will return so not having him is only temporary. That being said short of god mods, revan is beatable. I'm at 2.9 mil gp and have traya so if you're higher than thay, you could easily have her too.
  • I just wonder why TW and GA can’t be run concurrently? What would be the harm in that?
  • Good thing they make it so you cant reply on their posts of announcements lol.
  • StarWarsWantsTooMuch
    127 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    this is a horrible decision by ea/cg and feels like getting coal for christmas. they remove the fun part of the game where you got to communicate with your guildmates and strategize for a boring notgrand arena that not many people i know are happy with.

i would much rather have a tw than grand arena. wish scrooge wasnt already playing his part in christmas season.

please bring back tw in december and change this horrible decision for the sake of the community. we players have been beaten down all year by your mishaps. with as many flaws that there are in grand arena i think it would say alot to the community if you would bring back tw in december instead of this decision that doesnt go to the spirit of good star wars gaming

If you're taking them at their word, you haven't been paying attention. At this point I'm assuming the worst, which is pretty typical from them. Nice white knighting for CG though.

Not believing the statements is your choice. But you make it sound like a promise has already been broken. Hasn't happened yet, so you can holster your pitchfork for the moment.

Please see the original December calendar posted by CG. Now look at the "updated" one. We can parse words and debate whether or not a calendar posted by CG is a "promise" or "their word" or anything they should be held to if they withdraw events listed on it.

But to dismiss a posted calendar that is then later changed as "nothing has happened yet" I don't think is quite completely accurate.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I too disagree with the cancellation of TW. TW is my favorite part of this game. I'm already disillusioned with Grand Arena, because my roster is too wide and the top heavy whales are going to eat my lunch.

Boo, hiss.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Haidon wrote: »
    I too disagree with the cancellation of TW. TW is my favorite part of this game. I'm already disillusioned with Grand Arena, because my roster is too wide and the top heavy whales are going to eat my lunch.

Boo, hiss.

You don't need to spend any money to have a top heavy roster.
  • Ralakili wrote: »
    How **** is it to remove TW entirely? Only players at lvl 85 can participate in Grand Arena. TW is great and many guilds focus on it. Removing TW from December is a poor move, CG. I'm very disappointed.

That's actually a really good point. There are players in my guild who will not receive the TW rewards this month because they are not yet at level 85. @CG_SBCrumb are you guys able to do something about that? We are a guild that loves the TW and the players who are below 85 would be very thankful.
  • I might in the minority of people who love TW and Grand Arena equally. Cancelling the TWs completely for a month SUCKS, I’m counting on the 4-6 Zetas to improve my teams. It feels like we are being punished because of the glitch that ruined the first GA pre-season event.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Haidon wrote: »
    I too disagree with the cancellation of TW. TW is my favorite part of this game. I'm already disillusioned with Grand Arena, because my roster is too wide and the top heavy whales are going to eat my lunch.

Boo, hiss.

You don't need to spend any money to have a top heavy roster.

This is correct. Ironically, he has it reversed. It's usually F2P that have a top heavy roster, as they can only have enough resources to build up an arena team and a few TB/TW/event teams. Whales have more of a "heavy everywhere" roster - and thus have an advantage. Which is actually fine. It's the advantage they pay for.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Please see the original December calendar posted by CG. Now look at the "updated" one. We can parse words and debate whether or not a calendar posted by CG is a "promise" or "their word" or anything they should be held to if they withdraw events listed on it.

But to dismiss a posted calendar that is then later changed as "nothing has happened yet" I don't think is quite completely accurate.
    I think you're forgetting that the standard posted calendar format has always included the phrase: "DISCLAIMER: ALL DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE." at the beginning.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I think you're forgetting that the standard posted calendar format has always included the phrase: "DISCLAIMER: ALL DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE." at the beginning.

I'm not forgetting it. Dates are one thing. Removing events completely is another. They didn't change the dates this time - they removed events entirely.

I also think it speaks to a larger point - that is, CG should consider including a "subject to change without notice" disclaimer on every post, in game announcement, ability, etc. - since that is apparently the new norm.

Communication is important - but inaccurate and misleading communication is actually worse than none at all.

• You've got to be kidding. Is it April Fools' already?
    Just cancel that stupid GA and give us our TW.
    I can't believe they're shoving it down our throat.
    No reward compensation will match the TW rewards, since it will depend on your winning record. Not to mention those players who can't participate in GA.
    You're already making us hate the GA.
  • While I'm not a huge fan of GA, the time sink to run TB, TW, GA, raids, daily activities is a bit ridiculous. So no issue with the cancelation.

What I will have an issue with is if we don't get rewards commensurate with what we'd get in TW. So @CG_SBCrumb regardless of how I finish in GA I expect that I'd still be getting the same number of zeta and omega mats and gear that I've been getting since my guild crushes TW....

Yeah, about that bolded part....that's the part I think CG will "accidentally" fail at this time.