Kit Reveal: C-3PO

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    BrakirKY wrote: »
    He looks like great fun.

Though I imagine he'll need G20 8 dot modded ewoks to get at 5*, so I won't worry about him for a while.

The Chewie event was described as 'very difficult' and many managed it with a couple g11 toons at most ( although with lots of retries), and this one is said to be just 'difficult'. I would imagine 7* will probably take g11s with arena mods without chirpa's zeta, and probably less with the lead zeta. Like someone else said, he at least improves the faction used to unlock him, so any extra investment shouldn't be wasted. Chirpa's lead zeta is very nice by itself also.

It's possible. However, trying to parse dev posts is a fool's errand.

Example 1a: First TW of December will be "moved" to accommodate GA.
    Example 1b: TW is cancelled in December.

Example 2a: GA will be seven days long.
    Example 2b: GA will most likely vary in structure and length.

The correct answer here is always "nobody knows nothin'."

Lol. True enough :wink: I wish they separated the zeta upgrade portion of the abilities, so we could see what the lvl7 ability is before upgrading it with a zeta.
  • In that JTR team, does this mean R2 has a chance to land double exposes when he hits his basic?

I was disappointed to not see much synergy with droids, but the bonuses for BB8 and R2 seem like they could be enough. Example:
    When C-3PO uses his Basic ability, decrease this character's cooldowns by 1 combined with HK lead, BB8 and a zeta'd T3 could make R2 even more dangerous than he is.
    R2 starts out with 1 translation and all droids are going to have a speed advantage because of Bb8.
    C3 goes first (with his 30+ speed presumably), which means he hits Oh My Goodness and R2 assists since he now has 2 translations.
    R2 goes second if he hits with a crit. R2 hits Improvise and most likely two crits, giving him a third translation and then follows it up with smoke screen (leaving HK or BB8 unstealthed).
    C3 next turn he uses his basic which zeros out R2's cooldown on Improvise.
    On his second turn R2 hits Improvise again giving him the third translation and follows it up with another smoke screen.
    Meanwhile, all these specials are knocking Bb8's ID cooldown with a quickness.
  • TVF wrote: »
    He looks like great fun.

Though I imagine he'll need G20 8 dot modded ewoks to get at 5*, so I won't worry about him for a while.

The Chewie event was described as 'very difficult' and many managed it with a couple g11 toons at most ( although with lots of retries), and this one is said to be just 'difficult'. I would imagine 7* will probably take g11s with arena mods without chirpa's zeta, and probably less with the lead zeta. Like someone else said, he at least improves the faction used to unlock him, so any extra investment shouldn't be wasted. Chirpa's lead zeta is very nice by itself also.

It's possible. However, trying to parse dev posts is a fool's errand.

Example 1a: First TW of December will be "moved" to accommodate GA.
    Example 1b: TW is cancelled in December.

Example 2a: GA will be seven days long.
    Example 2b: GA will most likely vary in structure and length.

The correct answer here is always "nobody knows nothin'."

^^ it’s true. All of it. Until it’s not. :)
  • 3po is looking to more give viability to another group.
    Currently the top team are Revan and Traya/Emp.
    3PO help Ewoks, Rebel, Resistance and/Or GR.
    Although it looks like you can shut down 3po with some groups in which case he is a wasted spot which is good balance.
  • 5 uniques??? Lol
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    SamuraiUX wrote: »
    To me, this is horribly disappointing. C3P0 shouldn't be a game-changing, superpowered character, and we don't need another game-changer so soon, either. The insane power creep of 24 uniques and zetas is also depressing. I would absolutely have loved it if they'd released 3P0 and he'd just been a cool, non-meta addition who was fun to play but not such a big deal. I'd prefer they release some mediocre squad-filling characters instead! This game is getting way over the top. =/

You always have the choice to not farm him.

That wasn't his point. The problem is in the end money, and the best way to make money is to make characters like C3PO over the top to get people into it. Its why Revenue exists. Its why all new toons exist. (And don't give me the "they need it to keep the game alive" the game would still be alive today without Revenue, they make enough money without money events).

They could have made C3PO a fun character, a character just to have fun with, to play around with. Instead they give him seven abilities. To some that will be a disappointment, that's understandable, to me I don't mind, just another power creep, and something to work towards :)

Game is what it is.

Play or don't play.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Moroveus wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see how C-3PO works under an Ackbar lead.

I am sorry thats not going to work, inflict debuff or remove turn meter counts as an attack, so C3PO both active skills wont trigger AA's leader.
    Not necessarily. IPD applying target lock isn't considered an attack. This is part of what makes him the best buff wipe in the game.
    Personally I think he looks pretty interesting. The kit is like a weird mix of R2 and BB8. Team-wide bonuses at the start, and a build up to much higher bonuses. Having GalRep, rebel, resistance, and ewok synergy also makes for a ton of possible comps for making the most out of your roster.
    I can easily see him replacing Elder or Scout as the 5th in the standard Ewok comp of chirpa/logray/paploo/wicket. He would give them a huge damage boost and cripple the enemy at the same time. Having a 2nd mass attack available for all the buffed up murderbears will be awesome. With 3 stacks of translation, they get 70% CD, 70% defense penetration, exposes on basic ( which is huge with zChirpa's massive number of assists).
    15% protection up for every buff gained, of which ewoks gain a ton from logray and chirpa.

I'd say Logray is the one he best replaces in the Ewok squad. Don't need AoE daze when confusion does the same thing.
  • Looks promising.

Cls, raid han, r2, chewie, c3po new meta?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Hanfirst wrote: »
    3po is looking to more give viability to another group.
    Currently the top team are Revan and Traya/Emp.
    3PO help Ewoks, Rebel, Resistance and/Or GR.
    Although it looks like you can shut down 3po with some groups in which case he is a wasted spot which is good balance.

Yeah, he looks easily shutdown-able, main thing is for a character like Hoda who starts in stealth and during stealth is 100% evasion proof, it will be much harder to keep C3PO alive. (Hoda also giving heals and Foresight). Will need to start with his stealth move in most fights to keep him alive or hope that his three stacks stay there so that he can evade most hits. I just always instantly think of like Sion who will just aoe remove everything that C3po does. Sion takes one turn and all stacks of translation is gone on everyone.

I'm thinking C3PO will be good in other places like Raids and TW and TB. Chewy owns in pve, and is a legend. C3PO could replace Thrawn's fracture on Raid bosses since he lowers counter chance. And of course would be a better buffer.

Really though, gotta get him and try him out before we can really see how good he'll be :D (Thinking about it, C3PO could make Thrawn Fracture 100% of the time, just take three specials, which will be easy to do)
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Moroveus wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see how C-3PO works under an Ackbar lead.

I am sorry thats not going to work, inflict debuff or remove turn meter counts as an attack, so C3PO both active skills wont trigger AA's leader.
    Not necessarily. IPD applying target lock isn't considered an attack. This is part of what makes him the best buff wipe in the game.
    Personally I think he looks pretty interesting. The kit is like a weird mix of R2 and BB8. Team-wide bonuses at the start, and a build up to much higher bonuses. Having GalRep, rebel, resistance, and ewok synergy also makes for a ton of possible comps for making the most out of your roster.
    I can easily see him replacing Elder or Scout as the 5th in the standard Ewok comp of chirpa/logray/paploo/wicket. He would give them a huge damage boost and cripple the enemy at the same time. Having a 2nd mass attack available for all the buffed up murderbears will be awesome. With 3 stacks of translation, they get 70% CD, 70% defense penetration, exposes on basic ( which is huge with zChirpa's massive number of assists).
    15% protection up for every buff gained, of which ewoks gain a ton from logray and chirpa.

I'd say Logray is the one he best replaces in the Ewok squad. Don't need AoE daze when confusion does the same thing.

Tried AA lead with IPD using detect in GW like 10times.
    No assist, detect dont trigger AA's leader.
  • @CG_SBCrumb (or any devs, really). While not a bug per se, the french translation of Threepio is... confusing (ha!). This because Daze and Confusion are both translated by the same word in French in the game, so when you read C3PO's basic, for instance, you are lead to think it's simply applying daze like Zeb's basic.

Ironically, C3PO being a protocol droid able to translate more than 6 millions, he should have seen that coming.
  • Decent, however someones gonna find some meta team with him though. No droid synergies, or very few.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • So what do people think of his Zetas? Worth it?
  • Perdogie wrote: »
    I think it’s strange that he has Galactic Republic, Rebel, and Resistance tags since they were all different eras. All other toons that served multiple factions have era specific variants. ie) General Kenobi vs Old Ben. Same character, but one has GR tag, the other has Rebel tag. Ahsoka- one Rebel, one Jedi, etc..
    Resistance C3PO should be a red armed variant. Would have helped spread out these 7 abilities also, and given room to add the noticeably absent droid synergies.

R2 is the same way. Droids don't age.

Yep, this.

And really, his last 3 uniques are pretty much just if you took Number Crunch and split it out for each faction instead of lumping them all together. I don’t have a problem with it.

My problem is how many extra ability mats are needed for it. If they had just combined it like in R2s unique it'd be so much cheaper.
  • @cg_sbcrumb when we start needing diagrams to understand how abilities work - it's too complex.
  • My stupid ewoks! ****.

• Just ran a team of Bb8, R2, Chopper, K2 and C3 to see what happened. Truth be told, I haven't a clue what was happening but it was fascinating to watch. Thoughts about the expose bonus for ewoks/rebels.
    1. C3PO's basic can inflict expose even though he doesn't actually attack. Definitely useful for a Resistance team.
    2. When C3PO uses OMG!, the rebel & ewok allies all have a chance to inflict exposes on each basic. That's a nice little bonus for the Resistance as well since R2 will almost always be called to assist. Chopper's random assist also benefit from this as well.

The translation element presents a lot of options going forward:
    1. Could Akbar Lead + C3PO somehow work on a team with non-Rebels? Would there be any substantial benefit to C3PO having a chance to inflict confuse/expose any time an ally takes a non-attacking turn? For example a team like GMY, GK and Bb-8 who would all benefit from his bonuses.
    2. What is the best mix of Resistance toons now?
    3. Same question as #2 but for Ewoks.
  • IE4TAPPL3S
    482 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    We're going to be seeing ewoks in the top 50 now.
  • But Traya still curb stomps them
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Ephran wrote: »
    Perdogie wrote: »
    I think it’s strange that he has Galactic Republic, Rebel, and Resistance tags since they were all different eras. All other toons that served multiple factions have era specific variants. ie) General Kenobi vs Old Ben. Same character, but one has GR tag, the other has Rebel tag. Ahsoka- one Rebel, one Jedi, etc..
    Resistance C3PO should be a red armed variant. Would have helped spread out these 7 abilities also, and given room to add the noticeably absent droid synergies.

Yep, this.

And really, his last 3 uniques are pretty much just if you took Number Crunch and split it out for each faction instead of lumping them all together. I don’t have a problem with it.

My problem is how many extra ability mats are needed for it. If they had just combined it like in R2s unique it'd be so much cheaper.

That’s because they realized how ridiculously OP Number Crunch is relative to other abilities out there...there’s a reason it’s like the #2 zeta out there. And now you get it without a zeta. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Can someone from Capital Games show us all how the event is completed without Logray or Wicket being used, I have been trying hundreds of times with a well geared team and tier 7 is impossible.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ephran wrote: »
    Perdogie wrote: »

Yep, this.

That’s because they realized how ridiculously OP Number Crunch is relative to other abilities out there...there’s a reason it’s like the #2 zeta out there. And now you get it without a zeta. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NC is OP?

What year is this?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Anyone else find the loop yet? 👀
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Man using C3PO is so fun. Like actually laughing as I use him.
    Great character to add in :)
  • Gwonk
    238 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Anyone have any experience with the Zeta on C3PO's unique? Is it worthwhile?
    It looks like i'll likely be using him a fair bit, mostly with Rebels in arena.
    Would love to hear from any who have taken the plunge.
  • Ryanwhales
    862 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Holidays is great for mixed feelings, testing, and nerfs.
    Escpecially when nerfs shoot you in the face.

Its not out yet though, but it doesnt matter to me because i dont have him yet.
    But, the nerfs arent too too bad, and its by ea`s code of ethics.
    Its just a large suprise.
  • Cgs code of ethics?

Fairness.
  • Disclaimer,
    C3pos nerf not out,

Yet?
  • Gwonk wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience with the Zeta on C3PO's unique? Is it worthwhile?
    It looks like i'll likely be using him a fair bit, mostly with Rebels in arena.
    Would love to hear from any who have taken the plunge.

If you're running a resistance or hybrid resistance/rebel team with him, then his unique is most definitely worth it. Even if you don't run R2, it will still benefit C3P0 by getting him to the 3 stack CD reduction bonus.
    Example:
    R2 starts with 1 stack of translation ( SoT )
    1st turn he uses smoke screen and gains +1 SoT, giving him +15% CC
    2nd turn he uses his burning AoE, which is special damage based. Since r2 has a fairly low base special CC under JTR of 55% ( around 25% at g12, with 30% from JTR lead if using it), that extra 15% could mean a couple extra exposes to generate more TM for your squad.

At the 3rd stack, CD reduction will happen whenever c3p0 uses his basic, allowing more stealth and burn more often. It doesn't seem like much, but it will get your team rolling faster, which is always a plus.

For TB, the stacks of translation reset every wave, so it will help there also if you use him.