What exactly does plus defense do

Tak
352 posts Member
edited December 2015
Does anyone have any numbers on the effectiveness of defense up. Specifically I guess say savage opress leader skill gives all sith allies +55 defense I believe. How does that translate into damage reduction.

Replies

• Loce
    194 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Your characters have different stats for physical and special DMG. I don't know the exact equation, but I think you can figure out the percentage of increase (for physical attacks) by adding your armor and the defense buff (55 in this case) and comparing it to the attacker's physical damage and armor penetration. The armor and armor penetration can can be directly summed together then applied to the sum of the physical damage if its easier. Hopefully I covered it all and didn't miss anything. I worry less about actual numbers and figure out the percentage ranges and it seems to work well. A couple points here and there don't matter much I feel.
    Oh and to answer your question +55 defense is pretty good I think.

Oh almost forgot one thing. Take into account if your leader provides a passive defensive buff as a leader skill also.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    Special DMG is figured the same way. Attacker's "special DMG" and "resistance penetration" ratings applied against the attakee's "resistance". As far as exactly how the special and physical critical rating is applied I haven't figured that out yet. The ratings are obviously a variable plugged into an equation I don't have completely figured out yet.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Hmm once I unlock savage I may have to play around with him as leader and see if he can make an all sith party tanky
  • That's who I'm grinding right now. I haven't seen anyone say anything negative about him, and he's on the team of a lot of top ranked players I've noticed.