Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• Tryxa wrote: »
    They should also take number of Zetas into account when they match. I have 18 zetas; in my current GA, three of the others have close to 30, with about the same gp. (also way more 85s and G12s than I do.)

I get that I can just field a minimum team and get the minimum bones we get tossed. But I would think that GA is intended to be fun, and not a mismatched exercise in futility.

Are you out classed by all 7 other teams? If not, you'll likelt lose the first round and face one of the players that also lose the first round. That should be morr competitive.

If you are outclassed by all 7, then it is likely your roster needs a lot of work. I don't know what to tell you if that's the case. They have to match you against someone and making a lower gp person face you, who has more total resources, just because you built a poor roster isn't really fair to them.

Not all seven, no.

And my roster is not poor, so shovel your snively judgment somewhere else.
    Tryxa wrote: »
    They should also take number of Zetas into account when they match. I have 18 zetas; in my current GA, three of the others have close to 30, with about the same gp. (also way more 85s and G12s than I do.)

I get that I can just field a minimum team and get the minimum bones we get tossed. But I would think that GA is intended to be fun, and not a mismatched exercise in futility.

Are you out classed by all 7 other teams? If not, you'll likelt lose the first round and face one of the players that also lose the first round. That should be morr competitive.

If you are outclassed by all 7, then it is likely your roster needs a lot of work. I don't know what to tell you if that's the case. They have to match you against someone and making a lower gp person face you, who has more total resources, just because you built a poor roster isn't really fair to them.

Not all seven, no.

So, if you're stronger than some in the initial match of 8, and weaker than some, you feel like this was unfair to you?

I place my strength about 3rd out of my group of 8. I think that is a pretty good place, and am pleased with that.
    I might even have a go at 2nd, depending on the strategy my opponent uses on defense.

The number 1 strength player in my initial round most likely can't be beat, a real focus on developing squad synergy, and maxing out gear levels. They deserve to win this style of tournament. I hope to get a try at them though.
  • FolsomTony wrote: »

Not all seven, no.

So, if you're stronger than some in the initial match of 8, and weaker than some, you feel like this was unfair to you?

I place my strength about 3rd out of my group of 8. I think that is a pretty good place, and am pleased with that.
    I might even have a go at 2nd, depending on the strategy my opponent uses on defense.

The number 1 strength player in my initial round most likely can't be beat, a real focus on developing squad synergy, and maxing out gear levels. They deserve to win this style of tournament. I hope to get a try at them though.

That's true, I hadn't considered the overall structure and was focusing on just the top seed or whatever.

GA is new, so it could end up being fine for all I know.
  • Hadand
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    So I was never offered entrance into this GA round and it’s very upsetting I play daily and had been checking never was allowed to. So now I’m out the chance at rewards can someone actually help me. *update* EA CUstomer service was actually usful. Please just clean this mode up and make better announcements :)
    Post edited by Hadand on
  • ETAAB
    78 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm not sure if I like the idea of it spanning 5 days after character lock.
    If you make major improvements after lock, you have to remind yourself that your team is not as tough as it's showing.
    Example: My BH team will show as 100k, but at player lock it was only 95k.
    Big difference.
    I'll be playing the 100k version in all other aspects of the game, but have to be careful not to forget that in GA 3 days from now.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    So if we lose do we get an easier matchup for the next grand arena event ????

I would rather lose all three rounds here on purpose in order to maximize my chance at getting the best TW rewards in the next GA.... (wink)
  • Hadand wrote: »
    So I was never offered entrance into this GA round and it’s very upsetting I play daily and had been checking never was allowed to. So now I’m out the chance at rewards can someone actually help me. *update* EA CUstomer service was actually usful. Please just clean this mode up and make better announcements :)

There's another player on AnswersHQ that hasn't had much luck. Could you please go there and let them know your experience, and what you did to get assistance?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Just gotta say...
    I’m at 4M GP. No Revan, no Traya. I love farming mods, so I have powerful mods on ALL of my characters, even though I don’t use half of them.
    My matchup for GA includes multiple Revan and Traya squads.
    Looking into their rosters, I’m seeing that most of my opponents have zero mods on the bottom half of their rosters. I obviously can’t say for sure whether they just don’t have any mods or have stripped them.
    Regardless, this means that even if we have similar overall GP, my overall ROSTER is definitely stronger.
    If I stripped the mods from the bottom half of my roster, I could lower my GP by 600-900k GP (or thereabouts).
    This is cheating, in my opinion, and I’m tempted to do it, not only for the benefit in GA, but TerWars, as well.
    Can we not improve the matchup algorithms to factor in things like this?

1. Taking mods off 84 (50% of all characters released) characters will not lower your GP by 1 million but by 272 * 6 * 84 (assuming they are all gold mods) = 137,088 GP

lets not throw around numbers without doing the math behind it, please

2. If you are 4 Million GP and still don't have Traya then you need a better guild or are you going to complain about the arena too

3. If you have 4 million GP then it means you have plenty of non-Revan Traya counters so that is no longer an issue

4. If you have 4 Million GP then you should be able to use the other non-traya related Revan counters such as droids, Jedi Rey led resistance etc

You should really re-evaluate your team strategy, composition and priorities if you are still unable to beat those two teams and 6 mods equipped with all 5 stars do not give you more than half a million GP

You’re absolutely missing my point.

I hear you.

If we are being matched on GP then we actually should be expecting to use ALL of it to make it fair. The current system means only the top fraction of that matched GP actually matters.

Having a top heavy roster is beneficial for this mode. Having a broader roster is a disadvantage. Yet both types of players will 'match' against each other. The broader roster is always going to be at a disadvantage.

Level the playing field please.

We need far more nodes available to stretch both players to use the full extent of their GP. That's what is being matched, let us use it.

If we had more nodes a broad roster player still will struggle vs a top heavy team, but at least then the top heavy roster player will also struggle by running out of strong enough low level squads. It actually does then become about strategy and not just who does or doesn't have a revan or traya.

The player with the top heavy roster would still dominate. You put up a 40k trash team. They put in a g12 boba fett that clears them with one or two attacks. So you lose 5 characters to 1 for every extremely weak team. Doesn't take long to make up the difference.

Maybe read what I suggested again. What you described is how the broader roster player would do better, ie facing more 'trash teams'. They top heavy roster player can only use those G12s once. A top heavy roster has to then utilise their junk vs a broader roster players G7 old toons.

What I'm suggesting is if we're being matched on total GP, let us have a mode that actually requires us to use our total GP. Not just the top 6 to 12 lineups, which vary substantislly when matching based on total GP.

That way the win is determined on strategy and utilisation of all toons. Not just who has traya or revan, or has more G12.
  • My opponent didn't set a D. Glad I got to wait 48 hours to see that. Should I be able to 'Enter' those territories? The 'Enter' button is dimmed out so I can't use it.
  • do we know when the fix goes live for people not setting defenses? I'm going to miss out on the 600k and achievements. esjovg2liet6.png
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Just gotta say...
    I’m at 4M GP. No Revan, no Traya. I love farming mods, so I have powerful mods on ALL of my characters, even though I don’t use half of them.
    My matchup for GA includes multiple Revan and Traya squads.
    Looking into their rosters, I’m seeing that most of my opponents have zero mods on the bottom half of their rosters. I obviously can’t say for sure whether they just don’t have any mods or have stripped them.
    Regardless, this means that even if we have similar overall GP, my overall ROSTER is definitely stronger.
    If I stripped the mods from the bottom half of my roster, I could lower my GP by 600-900k GP (or thereabouts).
    This is cheating, in my opinion, and I’m tempted to do it, not only for the benefit in GA, but TerWars, as well.
    Can we not improve the matchup algorithms to factor in things like this?

1. Taking mods off 84 (50% of all characters released) characters will not lower your GP by 1 million but by 272 * 6 * 84 (assuming they are all gold mods) = 137,088 GP

lets not throw around numbers without doing the math behind it, please

2. If you are 4 Million GP and still don't have Traya then you need a better guild or are you going to complain about the arena too

3. If you have 4 million GP then it means you have plenty of non-Revan Traya counters so that is no longer an issue

4. If you have 4 Million GP then you should be able to use the other non-traya related Revan counters such as droids, Jedi Rey led resistance etc

You should really re-evaluate your team strategy, composition and priorities if you are still unable to beat those two teams and 6 mods equipped with all 5 stars do not give you more than half a million GP

You’re absolutely missing my point.

I hear you.

If we are being matched on GP then we actually should be expecting to use ALL of it to make it fair. The current system means only the top fraction of that matched GP actually matters.

Having a top heavy roster is beneficial for this mode. Having a broader roster is a disadvantage. Yet both types of players will 'match' against each other. The broader roster is always going to be at a disadvantage.

Level the playing field please.

We need far more nodes available to stretch both players to use the full extent of their GP. That's what is being matched, let us use it.

If we had more nodes a broad roster player still will struggle vs a top heavy team, but at least then the top heavy roster player will also struggle by running out of strong enough low level squads. It actually does then become about strategy and not just who does or doesn't have a revan or traya.

The player with the top heavy roster would still dominate. You put up a 40k trash team. They put in a g12 boba fett that clears them with one or two attacks. So you lose 5 characters to 1 for every extremely weak team. Doesn't take long to make up the difference.

Maybe read what I suggested again. What you described is how the broader roster player would do better, ie facing more 'trash teams'. They top heavy roster player can only use those G12s once. A top heavy roster has to then utilise their junk vs a broader roster players G7 old toons.

What I'm suggesting is if we're being matched on total GP, let us have a mode that actually requires us to use our total GP. Not just the top 6 to 12 lineups, which vary substantislly when matching based on total GP.

That way the win is determined on strategy and utilisation of all toons. Not just who has traya or revan, or has more G12.

I read what you suggested. But if one player has twice as many g12, (say 50 to 25 for the example) they can take out trash teams with 2 g12 and can use 25 2 man teams to clear the extra really weak teams while the player with 25 can only use 12 2 man teams.

Now obviously not every g12 can clear every 5 man team solo but 40k teams would be easy clears for geared out toons with only using 2 or 3 per team.

So essentially the player with higher quality toons could take out 25 weaker characters only using 10 of their own while still being able to put a maxed out team on the front territory that the broad roster player can't take out with their best team or any other team.

I can throw a roster full of 50k or 60k teams at a 110k revan team but won't beat it. It takes another geared up team to do so.

All they have to do is set more hard teams than you can beat, put trash teams where you can't reach them, and use their extra good toons to get through your defense at least enough to get more banners.

So while it may make you feel better to have to use every team, but it doesn't change the result. Also leaving a few teams to try at a team more than once is part of the design.
  • What a waste of time, wait days only to find your opponent hasn't bothered putting out any defenders. Again.

Not all seven, no.

I didn't say it was. I haven't seen your roster. But the fact remains, you complained because some have a better roster. I was just trying to guage where you were at in the match up. If you're in the middle, then it seems to have been ok for you. After all only one out of 8 will het 1st. I won't always be you. But if you focus and have a good roster for your gp, you'll win more often generally.
  • rubu2gj2hp2w.jpg
    uylhf1zbrcvz.jpg

My opponents zetas aren't displayed and the power is way off, I added up the power on the Talzin team and it was 89,490.
  • Drewbee wrote: »
    rubu2gj2hp2w.jpg
    uylhf1zbrcvz.jpg

My opponents zetas aren't displayed and the power is way off, I added up the power on the Talzin team and it was 89,490.

you should take it to the report bug page then.
  • Drewbee wrote: »
    rubu2gj2hp2w.jpg
    uylhf1zbrcvz.jpg

Those are some odd team compositions
  • Did it auto populate the board? This is all the guys best toons in order, and his ships from lowest.. Did he do that, or did the game?
    Cuz the power is waaay off
    lcbaauly2dzs.png
    4mnyxdz7hjbb.png
  • ThePegasus1979
    19 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Your assumption on GP is off by a large margin, you would reduce your GP by Mebbe 50k, Not anywhere even close to near your guesstimate @Not_Ryan_12

I fully agree to that, but the base issue is that GP calculation by itself is pure and utter nonsense. A gear 12 zeta Teebo has the same GP as equal gear/zeta Sion, although they are not even close to be on par. On the other hand mods barely increase the GP of a char, although the actual performance of a non-modded vs modded char (same level, gear etc) is absolutely tremendous.

Edited for swearing. - EA_Cian

Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Gannon wrote: »
    Did it auto populate the board? This is all the guys best toons in order, and his ships from lowest.. Did he do that, or did the game?
    lcbaauly2dzs.png
    4mnyxdz7hjbb.png

I remember having plenty of people in previous guilds that just set crap defense
    Some times with no leader ability and no synergy. We had to boot people who did that. So likely just someone that doesn't get synergy or doesn't care.
    Did it auto populate the board? This is all the guys best toons in order, and his ships from lowest.. Did he do that, or did the game?
    lcbaauly2dzs.png
    4mnyxdz7hjbb.png

I remember having plenty of people in previous guilds that just set crap defense
    Some times with no leader ability and no synergy. We had to boot people who did that. So likely just someone that doesn't get synergy or doesn't care.

If you look at the guys roster tho, it went from the top, in order, and made them into teams.. Or he did.. But the power is way off, it doesn't show any of the zetas, and every toon in the pic is maxed with all zetas done and t6 mods in most. They should fix that, cuz I nearly hit with a lower team for the quests before I realized they had zetas...
  • What a waste of time, wait days only to find your opponent hasn't bothered putting out any defenders. Again.

if it wasnt for the rewards id do the same thing. grand arena is the worst thing to come to the game since tournaments. it still shocks me that they took tw away from us for this. if i would have known they were taking tw away i probably wouldnt have put out any defenders even though i have a very good chance at winning because the match is stacked in my favor.

i envy that you dont have to play this horrible event and get the good rewards
    Gannon wrote: »
    lcbaauly2dzs.png
    4mnyxdz7hjbb.png

If you look at the guys roster tho, it went from the top, in order, and made them into teams.. Or he did.. But the power is way off, it doesn't show any of the zetas, and every toon in the pic is maxed with all zetas done and t6 mods in most. They should fix that, cuz I nearly hit with a lower team for the quests before I realized they had zetas...

I don't see anything to compare it to to see if the power is off or not.
  • This is a joke right???
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190075/grand-arena-auto-deploy-issues#latest
    Now we are being told auto deploy was supposed to be active for zero defense set. It was previously said auto deploy only activated between rounds.
  • Hanu
    138 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    For example in round 1 I havea team 60k no zetas but after the round finishes I upgrade them will I go into round 2 with the upgrade or not ?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    This is a joke right???
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190075/grand-arena-auto-deploy-issues#latest
    Now we are being told auto deploy was supposed to be active for zero defense set. It was previously said auto deploy only activated between rounds.

lol trust me they are not forcing people to set Defense for the benefit of people complaining here. If they are doing it they don't want management asking why so many people are thumbing their nose at it.

I really should have lost all 3 on purpose so I get a better matchup in the next one where the real rewards gonna be ) yahhhhhhhhhh

Gannon wrote: »
    lcbaauly2dzs.png
    4mnyxdz7hjbb.png

I don't see anything to compare it to to see if the power is off or not.

If I could post a quick video of it, I would. It's too many pictures to put here, but it's over 100k team showing as 64k and such. They have All the zetas.. But none show in that pic
  • I do wish they would 100% randomize where ships, 5v5 or 3v3 or all that stuff would drop... (both side same obviously)...

It would be nice that people who invested in ships get to use them "occasionally" too many people with no fleets just drop their revan and traya and make ships inaccessable... which is fine...viable strategy... but randomizing it would mean they can't do it EVERY time and would benefit spicing things up instead of same same same same...

Just a suggestion
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    So they are forcing you to play the way they want you to play by forcefully screwing over most of their playerbase in GA? Like come on, if people don't want to set defences, let them not set defences so they can get some offence wins. Don't literatlly force them to set based on GP.

I'd rather go up against 0 defences then easy beat territories for wins, as then the guy I went up against now can't even attack at all.

Why force a playstyle, let us choose.

My guy had this, he had his team set from highest to lowest GP and I was wondering what's up.

What a terrible move.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    This is a joke right???

I'm hoping its a Joke but then Kyno went and closed the no defence set thread stating that apparently they are now making people play the way they want to, removing your option of not setting defence in area's.

You now have to set defence in every area with something or you will always lose, even unintentionally. It's not just auto-deploying what you set, but auto-deplyong based purely on GP...
  • Gorem wrote: »
    So they are forcing you to play the way they want you to play by forcefully screwing over most of their playerbase in GA? Like come on, if people don't want to set defences, let them not set defences so they can get some offence wins. Don't literatlly force them to set based on GP.

I'd rather go up against 0 defences then easy beat territories for wins, as then the guy I went up against now can't even attack at all.

Why force a playstyle, let us choose.

My guy had this, he had his team set from highest to lowest GP and I was wondering what's up.

What a terrible move.

Just remember..when YOU complain..they call you entitled...when THEY complain about their credits and quests (quests they still gonna complete) they are ....................................................... hy hy hy hy hy hy hy hyp hyp (to the nickeloeon song) hyporittteodon