Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• Anyone else think the end-rewards aren't worth the effort, especially if you rank in the lower half?

Maybe it's because I got a bad matchup, but looking at everyone in my bracket the best I'm probably going to get is 7th. For a 6-day event, all I get is a bunch of slicing mats I can't use (as F2P, I don't have the resources to push toons to G12), and not even enough stun cuffs to do craft single piece of gear? Barely worth the time.

The only bright spot (and the only reason I'll probably play) is the 100k credits per fight win.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I totally agree with forcing their highest gp toons randomly onto defense if you opt in on the event and intentionally leave the board empty, robbing the opponent of a chance to actually play. If you want to play heavy offense, place other teams. Place something...
  • CG, you're starting to require too much time from me. Between raids, arenas, TW's, TB's, daily activities, energy refreshes, and now GA. You need to lower the number of teams needed for GA.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    So they are forcing you to play the way they want you to play by forcefully screwing over most of their playerbase in GA? Like come on, if people don't want to set defences, let them not set defences so they can get some offence wins. Don't literatlly force them to set based on GP.

I'd rather go up against 0 defences then easy beat territories for wins, as then the guy I went up against now can't even attack at all.

Why force a playstyle, let us choose.

My guy had this, he had his team set from highest to lowest GP and I was wondering what's up.

What a terrible move.

Just remember..when YOU complain..they call you entitled...when THEY complain about their credits and quests (quests they still gonna complete) they are ....................................................... hy hy hy hy hy hy hy hyp hyp (to the nickeloeon song) hyporittteodon

I'd rather have completed nothing towards my quest then watch some poor guy/gal lose everything and get nothing out of it. obviously they didn't expect to suddenly have nothing to attack with on offence as this is something that did not happen in the test matches.

When they see my roster and how they stand no chance, I don't mind them not setting defence so they can take some of my territories or get credits/quest progress, good on them for making the right choice as if they put defences up, they'd not have gained anything.

Which is what was now forced on the poor guy I was fighting, he's unable to get anything on offence and put out defences anyway. If I'd have known I'd not have attacked him. Had no idea this is what was going on.
  • Joker41NAM wrote: »
    Anyone else think the end-rewards aren't worth the effort, especially if you rank in the lower half?

Maybe it's because I got a bad matchup, but looking at everyone in my bracket the best I'm probably going to get is 7th. For a 6-day event, all I get is a bunch of slicing mats I can't use (as F2P, I don't have the resources to push toons to G12), and not even enough stun cuffs to do craft single piece of gear? Barely worth the time.

The only bright spot (and the only reason I'll probably play) is the 100k credits per fight win.

There are also winner and loser rewards per match....those are different than the overall event rank.
  • Gannon wrote: »
    I totally agree with forcing their highest gp toons randomly onto defense if you opt in on the event and intentionally leave the board empty, robbing the opponent of a chance to actually play. If you want to play heavy offense, place other teams. Place something...

Exactly...if someone wants to only play on offense, they can put their worst toons on defense. No one is being forced to place good defenses.
  • Joker41NAM wrote: »
    Anyone else think the end-rewards aren't worth the effort, especially if you rank in the lower half?

There are also winner and loser rewards per match....those are different than the overall event rank.

How I read it, there are winner rewards each round, but not loser. But again, those rewards are only useful if you're slicing to 6-dot, which I'm not.

To me, this looks like a game mode where that will further separate the "haves" from the "have-nots."
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Gorem wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    This is a joke right???
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190075/grand-arena-auto-deploy-issues#latest
    Now we are being told auto deploy was supposed to be active for zero defense set. It was previously said auto deploy only activated between rounds.

I'm hoping its a Joke but then Kyno went and closed the no defence set thread stating that apparently they are now making people play the way they want to, removing your option of not setting defence in area's.

You now have to set defence in every area with something or you will always lose, even unintentionally. It's not just auto-deploying what you set, but auto-deplyong based purely on GP...

Just put one toon whiners get their 100k you still get rewards.

Would still be nice if they notifed people of the autodeploy before they actually put it into effect... but ya knwo.. that's not how they roll (before enacted...not after)..like a lot of stuff they FAIL FAIL FAIL at communicating before they do something.

Edited to avoid confusion over typo being filtered out. - EA_Cia

Post edited by EA_Cian on

Exactly...if someone wants to only play on offense, they can put their worst toons on defense. No one is being forced to place good defenses.
    Ikr
    1: if you set no defences you auto lose, except now theres auto deploy
    2: people who set no defence are trolling
    3: if you don’t want to play, don’t play.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    This is a joke right???
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190075/grand-arena-auto-deploy-issues#latest
    Now we are being told auto deploy was supposed to be active for zero defense set. It was previously said auto deploy only activated between rounds.

I'm hoping its a Joke but then Kyno went and closed the no defence set thread stating that apparently they are now making people play the way they want to, removing your option of not setting defence in area's.

You now have to set defence in every area with something or you will always lose, even unintentionally. It's not just auto-deploying what you set, but auto-deplyong based purely on GP...

Thats how it should be but the communication is no 1 poor. They dont seem to properly inform co workers let alone the community.
    Gannon wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    Did it auto populate the board? This is all the guys best toons in order, and his ships from lowest.. Did he do that, or did the game?
    Cuz the power is waaay off
    lcbaauly2dzs.png
    4mnyxdz7hjbb.png

I remember having plenty of people in previous guilds that just set crap defense
    Some times with no leader ability and no synergy. We had to boot people who did that. So likely just someone that doesn't get synergy or doesn't care.

If you look at the guys roster tho, it went from the top, in order, and made them into teams.. Or he did.. But the power is way off, it doesn't show any of the zetas, and every toon in the pic is maxed with all zetas done and t6 mods in most. They should fix that, cuz I nearly hit with a lower team for the quests before I realized they had zetas...

I don't see anything to compare it to to see if the power is off or not.

If I could post a quick video of it, I would. It's too many pictures to put here, but it's over 100k team showing as 64k and such. They have All the zetas.. But none show in that pic

So when you look at their roster through the game it's different? Weird
  • So the first two people I played never set up defense and my "reward" for winning appears to be being matched against someone that can beat all three of my defenses and still have three sets of defensive squads left that I can't even get a single turn against with my remaining highest characters. Does this actually seem like it's useful or fun to anyone? I guess it is if I just want to constantly lose every single battle I ever try to start...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    So the first two people I played never set up defense and my "reward" for winning appears to be being matched against someone that can beat all three of my defenses and still have three sets of defensive squads left that I can't even get a single turn against with my remaining highest characters. Does this actually seem like it's useful or fun to anyone? I guess it is if I just want to constantly lose every single battle I ever try to start...

That's actually good in a way...now you'll have a losing record going into the TW rewards one.... prob better off....
  • There's no indication Win/Loss record is carried over to matchmaking of the group of 8. It's only used to determine which of the 7 other players you will battle in round 2 and round 3 of a single grand arena event.
  • Can someone clarify how the auto-deploy works? For the first round I only put a fleet on defense, as it gave the best mathematical possibility of winning the round.

Does it only auto-deploy if you set absolutely nothing, or does it fill in any empty territory? It didn't for me this time, but I'm not sure if that was a bug or working as intended.
  • There's no indication Win/Loss record is carried over to matchmaking of the group of 8. It's only used to determine which of the 7 other players you will battle in round 2 and round 3 of a single grand arena event.

That pretty much guarantees the last place finishers of this GA will finish near the bottom of every GA for the next 6 months. Fun.
  • I am so upset with the way that defenses were auto set. During the first run of grand arena we were told that if we didn’t set defenses, the same ones we placed last time would be automatically set for us. Instead, my best characters were placed into random useless squads. It left me unable to make one decent squad for offense. I’m against someone who has 20% the number of g12 characters I do, and half the zetas I do, and because of this ridiculousness I can’t beat any of the horrible defense they set. Come on devs, this messes with peoples resources. It’s not a good way to be running things. If you’re gonna do things like this, at least give us an in game notification so we’re not counting on our defenses being placed the same as last time and then find out instead that we’ve lost before the battle even starts.
  • this grand arena sounds like a bad idea imo. there is so much more that should be done before adding something like this.

new tw environments would be nice. there have been lots of good ideas from the players but i havent heard anyone say they want another ai based arena mode.

hopefully the next road ahead actually has something in it that players can look forward to and something they asked for instead of bad ideas from the the business suits who dont play the game

I think this would be a lot of fun if it were run right. Instead they’re ruining the **** thing. I was looking forward to it, and then they auto set defenses differently than they had said they would, and have really turned me off from the whole thing.
  • I wish it were possible to see the bracket in our GA. I would love to know who is facing whom and perhaps what the current scores are
  • Ok so I read that TW rewards will be portioned to Grand arena I personally feel it's not fair to players
    I lost in first round so now my rewards are pushed to 5th place
    Since it's a knockout tournament there is no way to fight for a higher than 5th so guild TW rewards should not be mixed also to give one player higher rewards for his achievement in a different phase of game sounds a bit wrongs
    Beside that you guys are awesome
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    Can someone clarify how the auto-deploy works? For the first round I only put a fleet on defense, as it gave the best mathematical possibility of winning the round.

Does it only auto-deploy if you set absolutely nothing, or does it fill in any empty territory? It didn't for me this time, but I'm not sure if that was a bug or working as intended.

It appears to only autodeploy if you set nothing. My opponent set only the front territories. We were pretty evenly matched with his best 2 teams significantly faster than mine. I guess he thinks this is the easy way to win. It did not pay off, even if he beats my last two sections with a perfect score he can't beat me.
  • GA quickly took TW’s place as my least favorite part of this game. Of all the things players have asked for to be added to this game, not once had I heard anyone ask for a 1v1 TW. The timesink is starting to get out of hand again. Mainly because of these mod-locking events. After each HSTR most of my roster has been stripped of all of their mods from moving my best sets around, and now every time one of these GAs or TWs come around I need to go through and remod my entire roster. Ok, maybe ~30-40% of my roster, but that’s still ~50+ toons to remod. The only way I can think of to expedite the process is save a “default” loadout for each toon, which is a mindnumbing headache in itself, plus battling the perpetual “you can’t assign these mods because your inventory is full” message.
    I wish I could just opt out of the Grand Arena process all together. It’s too time consuming, it isn’t fun, I always get matched against maxed Trayas and Revans which I have neither unlocked... and I don’t want to simply not play it because then I’m forcing the opponent into having a not fun experience which isn’t fair to them.
    Idk
    Rant over
    F ga
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Perdogie wrote: »
    GA quickly took TW’s place as my least favorite part of this game. Of all the things players have asked for to be added to this game, not once had I heard anyone ask for a 1v1 TW. The timesink is starting to get out of hand again. Mainly because of these mod-locking events. After each HSTR most of my roster has been stripped of all of their mods from moving my best sets around, and now every time one of these GAs or TWs come around I need to go through and remod my entire roster. Ok, maybe ~30-40% of my roster, but that’s still ~50+ toons to remod. The only way I can think of to expedite the process is save a “default” loadout for each toon, which is a mindnumbing headache in itself, plus battling the perpetual “you can’t assign these mods because your inventory is full” message.
    I wish I could just opt out of the Grand Arena process all together. It’s too time consuming, it isn’t fun, I always get matched against maxed Trayas and Revans which I have neither unlocked... and I don’t want to simply not play it because then I’m forcing the opponent into having a not fun experience which isn’t fair to them.
    Idk
    Rant over
    F ga

Time sink ? 20 seconds day 1 2 min day 2. 15 min day 3. Time sink ????

No
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    😂 wow dude, farm more mods. It's not that serious
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Sam75007 wrote: »
    Ok so I read that TW rewards will be portioned to Grand arena I personally feel it's not fair to players
    I lost in first round so now my rewards are pushed to 5th place
    Since it's a knockout tournament there is no way to fight for a higher than 5th so guild TW rewards should not be mixed also to give one player higher rewards for his achievement in a different phase of game sounds a bit wrongs
    Beside that you guys are awesome

The current ga bracket doesn't include tw rewards.

Also it's ranked based on wins, not knock out tournament.

If you go 2-1 losing 1st round your rewards are the same as if you go 2-1 losing last round.
  • My problem with Grand Arena is that as soon as I lost one battle that is my chance at winning that round over. If you don't clear everything in 1 battle and your opponent does then it's time to just give up. OK if that's your first battle... But if it is your 6th battle then you have spent plenty of time until that point.

Not fun, not enjoyable... Becomes a time sink that is not a good experience. I think this Grand Arena thing may be something I ignore in future.... Which is a slippery slope to quitting the game entirely.
  • isn't autodeploy already in production game mode? My opponent areas are still greyed out with 0 defence.
  • Please cancel GA and send it back to QA until it works. I really like the idea of GA, but it's broken and bug ridden and there's a lot, lot of issues related to player involvement (or lack thereof). Figure all that out and release it again in January or February.

I'd rather have events that work than a new broken feature.
  • I and my guild have absolutely no interest in measuring overselves with other people. This is another garbage after TW, TB, SithRaid, Ships 2.0...
  • I’m disappointed that for the third time in a row my opponent hasn’t even tried to attack my defense, but at least I haven’t lost a GA match yet lol. I would like to see how my defense holds though.