Get rid of Guild system, and make it a real community

The present Guild system keeps players from participating in all game modes. Other players Officers and leaders have way to many responsibilities and keeps them from participating because they need to make the guild function.

Get rid of Guild system, and make it a real community 15 votes

It is fine the way it is
86% 13 votes
Players need a new guild system
6% 1 vote
Get rid of the guild system entirely
6% 1 vote

Replies

• How does the current guild system prevent participation in all game modes?
  • Happy to provide guidance or some things we've learned along the way to help run a guild. Using discord and bots that help with setting TB platoons and TW defenses are a huge time saver. I'd also recommend having a consistent, alternating raid schedule, allows for easy launches and prevents confusion.
  • It’s generally a good rule that you present a solution to something you see as a problem. What’s your solution? Guilds are fine imo, just need to find yourself a good one!!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I fail to see how getting rid of guilds would make it a “real community.” My guild is a real community. Millions of players won’t make for a community.

Are you saying that your officers actually skip participating in certain game modes because of their guild responsibilities? Pretty sure that isn’t normal and you should find a way to fix that problem instead of trying to get rid of guilds.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Sounds like someone is in a poor guild.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I see it through out the game. The complexity vs. other games prohibits some from entering into game modes. I even got someone searching into my guild. One of there points was there were players in there's not contributing for some reason or another. A search that in deed would have been pointless if they were happy with the state of their guild.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    People don’t do events because they are lazy or don’t feel like it or don’t like that game mode. Not because of anything wrong with guilds.
  • My solution to this is to introduce more events geared and held out towards a more community scheme. Events that gather the efforts of every single player in the game and offer rewards based upon that one player who reaches their level, set aside from the actions of their guild. Make the events farm able in that it will be possible to grind out events like this that are not prohibitively expensive, by making crystals or their special currency easier to get.
  • There's just stuff that players do. Some follow orders some can't, but the someone who should ultimately decide what to do is you right. I thought it would be the best thing to be the leader, and I still do. I can't leave that spot but I feel like it's necessary to try to get some changes in the game that would make the entire compliment of the games players who are active and participate all be on equal ground, minus the "soap opera". It's not equal right now, often enough some players post a zero, not do anything, or deploy and not fight or anything. But get credit for it. These are all game modes inside guilds. 2 out of 7 stores are trapped in the guild section and getting that currency even is impossible to get if your not in a guild. There's to many things about the way it is now that makes it kind of suck. If it was only one thing maybe I wouldn't be complaining for change.(really should have zero complaints).
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    There's just stuff that players do. Some follow orders some can't, but the someone who should ultimately decide what to do is you right. I thought it would be the best thing to be the leader, and I still do. I can't leave that spot but I feel like it's necessary to try to get some changes in the game that would make the entire compliment of the games players who are active and participate all be on equal ground, minus the "soap opera". It's not equal right now, often enough some players post a zero, not do anything, or deploy and not fight or anything. But get credit for it. These are all game modes inside guilds. 2 out of 7 stores are trapped in the guild section and getting that currency even is impossible to get if your not in a guild. There's to many things about the way it is now that makes it kind of suck. If it was only one thing maybe I wouldn't be complaining for change.(really should have zero complaints).

Why "can't" you leave that spot? If you aren't happy being the leader step down. If you aren't happy with your guild because so many of them don't do stuff and it hurts you, find a better guild. It's not hard to fix your problems, you're just choosing not to do it.
  • In other games I play your limited to what you have in your roster, and to the availability of both friends and computer aided friends come to help in battles. The community aspect of the game uses events and such that covers the entire community (everybody who logs on and plays). Your results get you the rewards of how much you grind and don't become prohibitively expensive to refresh. Your ranking falls in the community somewhere. In swgoh Raids and TB, TW, and other stuff. Is guild stuff. Rewards and what not are constrained. Powerful guilds have a way upper hand. TW you can't play unless the guild is big enough. I'm the leader and the 2 or 3 regulars or whoever is there deserve better than what I can do right now. Why did they not leave I don't know. Be that as it may, my gameplay, there gameplay everybody's gameplay is in my opinion greatly hindered by the way this system is. No matter if your in the strongest guild your going to be dependent on something or handy capped. Or if your officer your going to have to make orders and make players follow. Extra work, and it's just a game. Why don't I just step down, release the pressure, join some other guild? The reason is because I feel if I don't fight for these changes for me and my mates is the game will become not fun anymore and stale.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    A lot of people here love their guilds. Many people comment that their guilds are the main or only reason they have continued to play so long. So I don't think "fighting for change" to get rid of guilds is going to get you anywhere. Take the 2-3 people who actually play and go join a real guild together.
  • Liath wrote: »
    A lot of people here love their guilds. Many people comment that their guilds are the main or only reason they have continued to play so long. So I don't think "fighting for change" to get rid of guilds is going to get you anywhere. Take the 2-3 people who actually play and go join a real guild together.

Bingo