Suggestions on avoiding collusion on Grand Arena

Prev1
Dk_rek
3299 posts Member
edited December 2018
Other than using totally different teams on defense randomly whats stopping the guy from screenshotting my defense and then contacting my next 2 opponent on discord or whatever and showing them my defensive placements so they know exaxtly who to put on offense....

I do like the chat feature but maybe they should only let you see your opponent in chat instead of everyone in the bracket...this would avoid or lessen chamce of collusion.... eventually friends may be bracketed together and could share opponents defenses etc...

Randomizing D would help but if you dont have roster to do that them getting a snapshot of your areas is possible....all i can think of is only letting you see who you are playing not the other 6 so no way to set up that coomincation or lessining the chace of collusion occurs ....

Thoughts ??

Replies

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    You can change your defense up and they can already see your roster that makes this totally no matter one bit. What do they gain by colluding?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    You can change your defense up and they can already see your roster that makes this totally no matter one bit.

Again with you.... some people do not have much of a choice on whats going on D

Does the concept of someone screenshotging your defenses and sending them to someone not click with you....

Irs possible and would be less likely if you could only chat with current opponent and not see the others

The possibility of collision is there no reason not to take steps to stop it...

I get ppl care enough to whine when they miss a quest or their 700k credits but you know darn well the lengths ppl will go to for an advantage around here
  • Sorry i thought you ask for opinions but you clearly have other motives
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Sorry i thought you ask for opinions but you clearly have other motives

I have yet to hear an opinion on stopping the possibilty of cheating.... your statement was who cares so big help
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Dk_rek wrote: »

I have yet to hear an opinion on stopping the possibilty of cheating.... your statement was who cares so big help

Also i mentioned randomizing D like you so....

I do understand you dont care i still think you underestimate how devious ppl can be... especially after losing
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    edited December 2018

You: need help

Them: here's some help

You: how dare you
  • I dont see being able to view my roster or my defense as cheating but its my opinion.the better player,team comp or gp is going to win
  • If you can see the opposing roster, you can pretty much guess who they could toss on defense. Nobody’s gonna put non-meta teams out there.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I dont see being able to view my roster or my defense as cheating but its my opinion.the better player,team comp or gp is going to win

If you know ahead of time you cant beat the area guarding his ships....your best team is going on defense as opposed to not knowing setting b team on D hitting a wall now with your weakened defense

It takes away possible deception plays,

If its not cheating why dont they let us see what your setting as your setting it..... because it would give whoever places last an advantage..... and would cause 500 “oh i missed setting defense cause i tried to outwait opponent posts on forum

Its collusion plain and simple

I love how when you miss credits and quests from not setting D its against spirit of the game but someone sending them pics of your probable defense is meh who cares.....

Its like your saying who cares if someone trys to help you lose or win

I would love to hear lucifers opinion on if this type of collusion is acceptable
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I freely admit average players would not stoop to this..... but at the top.... thise guys oh yeah guild prob already have it all planned out....

“Hey guys theres a Team instinct guy our sworn enemy.... someone find these 6 guys discords”

Oh yeah that i believe
  • Paranoia
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

How is chattibg cheating?
    And what do you expect to gain with your proposed 'solution'? You can still contact any player you like in the game.
  • I personally have contacted both of my opponents I have faced so far. I wished them the best of luck, and I asked if they could offer any advice on how my defenses worked on them and what they used to beat them. I have done the same for them, and both have been really nice and generous about advice for my teams, as I hope I have been for them. I am actually allies with the first one now, and he is looking at joining my guild because of our conversation we had over GA. Could I have looked at their roster ahead of time to determine (guess) what they were going to set on defense? Yeah, and I did. Would they do it as well? Yeah, and they did. Just don't be a pr*ck to your opponent (taunting them), and they likely won't "collude" against you.

Basically, use common sense. If what you are about to do is rude, don't do it. Call it what you want, but it is basic common courtesy and common sense.

And also, the forum is to be used as a tool to connect the player base to discuss what is going on in the game (pros and cons). I usually do not care if people get upsrt about stuff because we all do; we are all human after all. If you do not like what someone has to say, you can ignore it (like you should), or you can offer a counter-point. You should not ever attack or insult them for their point/question. @3pourr2 brought up a valid point, and you insulted him because you seemingly disagreed with the point he was making. I understand your concern about "collusion" in GA, but to be fair, you likely will never find out that it happens if it ever does actually occur. So please, if you end up losing a GA round at some point, please do not come storming into the forum insisting that you were colluded against, because no one will take you seriously, as everyone will just assume you just lost. But if you bring proof of it to CG, then maybe they will make a point about it and do something to prevent it from happening. Until then though, I guess that it could add an extra challenge to the GA (which also sounds like fun). Best of luck in GA.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • "collusion" "cheating"
    get real
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

If you feel a player is cheating please report it to CG_LucifersDaddy.

Other than that, this is the same as TW where players share the defensive strategies of other guilds. It doesnt seem to be making anyone lose beyond what they would lose due to the toons they have.

• What benefit is there to 7 people randomly deciding to gang up on one in GA? Isn't it just as likely that if someone proposes to the others that they share info on one of you that the others tell him to get lost? I can see actual benefits to working together in regular arena. Multiple people can get 1st the same day. That's not the case in GA.

Also let's say that the stars line up, and you get thrown into this odd group of 7 that decides to gang up on you with no benefit to 7 of them. You'll be in a different random group every time. So how often will that happen?

The OP is being paranoid over a non-problem. There is little to no benefit. It's difficult to coordinate with new groups of random people. This is a silly post.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    You can change your defense up and they can already see your roster that makes this totally no matter one bit.

Again with you.... some people do not have much of a choice on whats going on D

If you really don’t have a choice then wouldn’t it already be obvious to your opponent what you will do from looking at your roster without needing to contact your prior opponent?
    If you can see the opposing roster, you can pretty much guess who they could toss on defense. Nobody’s gonna put non-meta teams out there.

Tell that to all the opponents I’ve faced so far, lol. I fought clones and jawas in the last round.
  • Never even thought of something like this as a possibility until I read this thread. That sounds like the kind of thing where only somebody inclined to do that sort of thing to other people would even think up something like this.
  • It’s not cheating I can literally look at a roster and tell what’s going on defense not like they don’t allow that which gives much better advantage than seeing typical defense teams.
  • Avoid Russia!!
    No collusion! All fake news published by the failing New Coruscant Times!!! :D
  • Absolute paranoia. First of all, nobody even knows who your two next opponents will be because it depends on the outcomes of the coming matches. The only way anyone could even do this is if all 7 other players ganged up on you, which is a ridiculous suggestion.

Secondly, you can literally look at everyone else's roster. You already know what teams they have. Sure, you don't know where they're placing them but you know what you're up against.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I love this thread.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    A: You can already see your opponent's roster
    B: Your opponent has no way of knowing which teams you will put on defense and which ones you'll reserve for attack
    C: As this is yet another completely baseless Grand Arena bashing thread, here are some cute puppies for everyone to look at and just chill out for a second:

75Jr3.jpg

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I do like puppies. Now I feel better about the fact I re-entered this thread.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    All I see is haters in this thread

I agree, OP, I've never lost once in this game except when I do, its only because 7 people up and decided to work together against me
  • My opponents can't collude because my first opponent didn't even fight at all. Can't see my defense if you don't even participate lol.
  • Grab your tinfoil hat and a bowl of popcorn. No one knows what you are placing on defense except you. Reviewing their roster is good strategy. If you dont like strategy I think maybe the "care bears cuddle fest" may be more your speed. Check the play store.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jarvind wrote: »
    A: You can already see your opponent's roster
    B: Your opponent has no way of knowing which teams you will put on defense and which ones you'll reserve for attack
    C: As this is yet another completely baseless Grand Arena bashing thread, here are some cute puppies for everyone to look at and just chill out for a second:

75Jr3.jpg

ooowww. puppies.