• Buffbeardo
    253 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Doh
  • Bz183
    170 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Collusion causes cancer. Just ask DanR
  • If any of ya'll face me just ask me I will tell you my defense, it will not help you lol
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    All I see is haters in this thread

I agree, OP, I've never lost once in this game except when I do, its only because 7 people up and decided to work together against me

It all starts with the negativity of the op that doesn’t try and complains they cant win
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    It's a fair point... I was on track to be in finals so I messaged one of the guys in the other semifinal match. He was losing so I asked what happened. Found out my next opponent struggled against his NS (which I knew due to his lack of troopers), and ewoks. So I dropped those on defense and won. I think it's all fair. Part of war is recon.
  • Daishi wrote: »
    It's a fair point... I was on track to be in finals so I messaged one of the guys in the other semifinal match. He was losing so I asked what happened. Found out my next opponent struggled against his NS (which I knew due to his lack of troopers), and ewoks. So I dropped those on defense and won. I think it's all fair. Part of war is recon.

Some people use their brains to figure out tactics, some rely on others.. Oh well.

For me those extra 1 omega and 20 of that useless radio gear was hardly worth spending that 15 minutes fighting, but if you even want to spend time and energy on chatting, be my guest.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »

Some people use their brains to figure out tactics, some rely on others.. Oh well.

For me those extra 1 omega and 20 of that useless radio gear was hardly worth spending that 15 minutes fighting, but if you even want to spend time and energy on chatting, be my guest.

I enjoy the social aspects of any game I play. I've tried to chat with all my opponents and have learned things and how my teams run on defense. If you dont enjoy the chatting aspect, don't. I sisnt message the guy with the purpose of spying, but because I'd already talked to the other finalist and knew he didnt speak English well. So I figured I'd say hi to the other semi finalist to see how his arena was going. Without the social aspects this game would be very dull, so I hope they never eliminate the ability to be social.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I've messaged and been messsaged by foes. But is always "Good Game" or "How did you beat that team?" or "Who did you throw at it?" Never any cheating. And I have learned a lot.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Even if chat was limited in game to the person you're facing directly, you can't stop the collusion from outside chats. If you face someone in the same guild as your next GA opponent or someone who shares a shard chat or some other sort of other connection they will always be able to chat and tell you what they placed on D. Limiting your chat to just the one person doesn't stop them from chatting outside the game. That and knowing the name of all of the people in the bracket vs just the one name of the person you're facing for 24 hours prior to attacking doesn't change a whole lot either. That person still has 24 hours to contact someone outside of the game to then go and try to find you. Don't really think this will actually avoid collusion. Most people aren't colluding like this at the moment, and only the ones who really want an advantage are doing so, and those people will still be doing so even if you limit their in-game communication.
  • If you can see the opposing roster, you can pretty much guess who they could toss on defense. Nobody’s gonna put non-meta teams out there.

Depends. If they dont have enough effective teams then there will be chances you see one.
  • I have some staple teams that I use (and everybody else does too... so not exactly surprising) and some that I swap around in order to better counter what I expect to see from my opponent, and what I suspect are his weaknesses on offense. So talking to previous opponents won't really help at all. Even the "he has trouble with ewoks and NS" advice is not really valid: when I have trouble with NS in one round and I suspect my next opponent might leave NS on defense, I bring a better team. And having trouble with ewoks probably meant he hasn't faced them before and got surprised. Shouldn't happen again. But some players are just bad and will continue to lose against teams because they don't bother figuring out why they're losing and what they have that counters it better.

TLDR: I don't see collusion as an issue, even if it were to occur (and I don't think it does on a significant scale). But puppies are cute!