Maul lead any viable?

Tbirds01
1235 posts Member
edited December 2018
I know what you’re all saying, no, unless you have Traya or nest. The thing is, I’m OCD about having one faction together in the same team.
It bothers me to see nest hanging out with a bunch of sith. Also, I don’t own Traya. Could he be in any way viable in the top 200 arena with no nest?
Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/

Replies

• if you have a full team of sith, zeta Palpatine is much better than maul
  • Maul served me well for a few months switched to palp lead and doing better.
  • He was the meta a while back. And his lead is still pretty good as a TW or GA squad if you have enough Sith to make a Traya team and a Maul team.

But like said above, Emperor leading Sith is now better than Maul leading Sith since they reworked him this past February.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    He was the meta a while back. And his lead is still pretty good as a TW or GA squad if you have enough Sith to make a Traya team and a Maul team.

But like said above, Emperor leading Sith is now better than Maul leading Sith since they reworked him this past February.

I also run 2 sith teams, but still the 2 best leaders for them are traya and ep. Maul does have a standard team member role in the 2nd team however.
  • I used maul for 4 months straight very recently when everyone told me my first zeta shouldn't go on him. I'm glad I didn't listen because I placed 1st every day with him. Things were going pretty well until Bastila came out. With Bastila came a bunch of night sisters and that got to be a problem. He's still used in TW/GA and TB but I don't use him in arena anymore. March18' shard here.

Thanks for the info @Crazygone510 , I remember when you used them.😀
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • You in my shard? 😂

@Crazygone510 Oh no no, I just have seen you on here for a good long while back when you used to run Maul, and I used to look at your swgoh.gg account a lot because it was so cool just looking at that maul team and seeing the words "rank 1" above it.😂
  • Thanks @Crazygone510 ! The fact that you are able to use a non Traya ep lead team in a sea of revans is still very impressive. You don’t see that often. Hope you unlock Traya soon though, I bet she’ll help a lot.
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Thanks @Crazygone510 ! The fact that you are able to use a non Traya ep lead team in a sea of revans is still very impressive. You don’t see that often. Hope you unlock Traya soon though, I bet she’ll help a lot.

That graph looks very much like an organised shard chat, so dont get your hopes up for too much. If it wasnt organised, ep lead wouldnt be able to do the same, theyre auto wins for revan and bastilla teams.
  • Yes maul, is viable. In fact hes the only realistic counter to the meta (Revan) right now. You have to use nest though. I mean she was a rebel, and Maul was a crime lord who had a grudge with the emperor. It's not inconceivable that they could end up working together. What's inconceivable is a sith from thousands of years ago (aka entire triumrative) fighting along side any modern sith. Same goes for the ancient jedi bastilla, jolee, revan, etc......
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Thanks @Crazygone510 ! The fact that you are able to use a non Traya ep lead team in a sea of revans is still very impressive. You don’t see that often. Hope you unlock Traya soon though, I bet she’ll help a lot.

That graph looks very much like an organised shard chat, so dont get your hopes up for too much. If it wasnt organised, ep lead wouldnt be able to do the same, theyre auto wins for revan and bastilla teams.

Lol, been up here for 6 months straight with zero problems LONG before any shard chat existed. But thank you for your concern.

And in regards to auto wins.... I can auto then my self so there's that to consider. 😉 Its no so much the team, but the mods and I have plenty of good ones. 👍

I didnt mean to offend you in any way. Im happy youre doing great.

However, I think your case is rather special. Being arena leader for 6 months means a lot of extra crystals, and great mods.. Well, are super powerful :)
    Plus the shard chat helps.

So, even tho Maul lead works for you (together with the above advantages), it may not work for others (without the above extras).
  • I see the occasional Zaul in my shard - I lost the first few times I went after him assuming he'd be an easy win. Granted, I don't use a particularly great team (JTR team with CLS thrown in) and it's a super old shard, but still. He's clearly not going to beat the likes of Revan or Traya, but I think he's underrated in general.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    I see the occasional Zaul in my shard - I lost the first few times I went after him assuming he'd be an easy win. Granted, I don't use a particularly great team (JTR team with CLS thrown in) and it's a super old shard, but still. He's clearly not going to beat the likes of Revan or Traya, but I think he's underrated in general.

Underrated, I totally agree. I’m sticking to using carth's lead, which I’m in love with right now, but maul has always been a favorite leader of mine.