Sandbagging, the new normal?

Replies

  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Very impressive, now the question is do you feel you could have a better collection of mods?

    Do you feel you could have a more combat effective roster?

    How are your ships doing?

    I would want better mods to keep competing at the tier we are at.

    I also noticed you are very low on crystals, which is one of the more fluid currencies.

    I am truly impressed by your coins, I have never been able to keep that much currency.


    None of this are necessary for you to really answer, because they are all personal questions that are defined by the path a player sees. Someone choosing to not developed their roster in one way to develop in another and then get a game mode that may be beneficial to that plan is not the players fault and doesnt make the system wrong.

    This can also all be effected by the guild you are in and how they have progressed through the game modes.

    My point has always been that there are choices and those choices can be good or bad as we walk into a new situation. The situation doesnt need to be designed to us, just designed in a way that we can make a path to get to a place where we can do better.

    You have made what you feel are good choices, but that doesnt mean that that path needs to be followed or can be followed by anyone else.

    I wont be removing any mods because I see no benefit to it. I am in the bracket I am in and will build up the toons that will help me get better. That being said, i dont see that as sandbagging.

    I'm f2p (besides having bought dooku as a fee for admission on my 1st day). Crystals come as they go into refills and gear, but never shop shards. While I can see the allure, I don't see crystal hoarding as an enjoyable path for f2p.

    My mods are pretty decent for an f2p, they never failed to get me to top spot in my checkouts if I have time to play throughout the life of the game. It's good to note again you aren't seeing the full extent of my mods as most are sitting down waiting for toons or have been unmodded recently. The general distribution is a mess right now which I'll have to rework in upcoming weeks. My top end arena mods lack, never been fortunate enough to get the full no of bumps on one. However in total collection consideration the amount of mods I have in 10-15 range is impressive compared to arena only portion. I think all my secondary teams will have 80+ sets once I'm done redistributing. I'm fretting about doing more mods to 6E, because I may have to use sub 7* toons anytime in the future. I'll get back to mod farming very soon once my extra speed yielding slices are done. I spend 3x 50 refills there btw and I'll keep doing so.

    Ships no1 daily. All caps in fieldable condition with a maxed Executrix.

    Only using g12+ on arena toons and hoarding the rest even if I'm at the top on hstr if I got to play. This goes against my non hoarding philosophy, but I'm considering a sudden introduction of G13 which would instantly eat the piles. I have to know where they should better go at that time.

    Depending on the topic a situation can be the sole creation of a faulty or lacking design choice. I want to express my opinions level headedly when that's the case, but you know how the forums are. It quickly fuzzies out due to everyone (including me) straw maning eachother.

    I'm not anti-CG by any definition of the word. I expect them to design better systems, squash foreseeable problems at the root cause before release if possible, or asap after release before the problems create their own ecosystems.

    GA is the most exciting thing in the game for me right now, I'm already basing my developmental plans on it since it gives me good motivation other modes can't and not quit. I want it to be as good as it can be when the long standing matchmaking problem is ironed out.

    /That wraps up my contribution to both topics.


  • As the OP, I would like to highlight an irony (or hypocrisy) that is lost in these replies:
    The people who are arguing they are not sandbagging because GA just started are the same people who claim I wasted resources on fluff 2 years ago.
    As I realize that neither of us can predict the future, my post was obviously forward looking. Additionally, as @CG_TopHat has stated, I can never unlevel toons.
  • Phoerix
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Someone earlier posted a definition of sandbagging as playing below your ability. Well then, everyone accusing people of not bloating their rosters obviously are playing to the best of their ability. The people ‘sandbagging’ aren’t actually; they’re playing better than that first group in this resource management game (gp is a resource). For the sandbaggers to start bloating like the first group wants... that would be sandbagging as they are playing at the best of their game and ability currently.
  • Phoerix wrote: »
    Someone earlier posted a definition of sandbagging as playing below your ability. Well then, everyone accusing people of not bloating their rosters obviously are playing to the best of their ability. The people ‘sandbagging’ aren’t actually; they’re playing better than that first group in this resource management game (gp is a resource). For the sandbaggers to start bloating like the first group wants... that would be sandbagging as they are playing at the best of their game and ability currently.

    I haven't seen anyone telling anyone else to "bloat" their rosters. And someone with an elevated GP due to a bunch of half leveled toons is definitely not sandbagging - his 5 toons at 4k each aren't going to do much against a 20k nest.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Boov wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

    Zombie is a terrible example because she SPECIFICALLY was a more effective character at lower gear. The point they were making in leveling characters is that the more you invest in them, the better they should perform, this is NOT saying “you should level all characters.”

    Zombies best characteristic was to die as often as possible. This is not true with any other character in the game.

    No one is saying you should level all characters. The point is that zombi performed better with less resources invested (which was not in the spirit of the game according to the devs), just like a roster performs better with less resources invested.
    For example, i've got 100m+ credits just laying around, if i would use half of those credits to "improve" my roster it would actually make my roster worse given the fact that i already have all my usefull toons at lvl 85. I'm only using half of my credits in this example because the other half could actually benefit my roster in one way or another in the near future.
    That's the similarity between the zombi example and what's happening now with GA. Obviously there are differences, but that's the main similarity that applies to both.

    That’s just not true. There is exactly zero situation where your « improved » roster would perform less.
    Every ressource spent on your roster makes it strictly stronger no matter what. More efficient spending improves it more but still.

    The problem with zombie was that a huge part of her strenght came from her dying, and she died more easily with less gear, making her strenght potentially superior at lower gear. Your roster’s strenght comes from the combined strenght of all your characters, and since there is no more zombie problem, there is no character in the game that will lose strenght when upgraded. Which means your character’s combined strenght will always go strictly up for every ressource invested.
  • JohnAran wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

    Zombie is a terrible example because she SPECIFICALLY was a more effective character at lower gear. The point they were making in leveling characters is that the more you invest in them, the better they should perform, this is NOT saying “you should level all characters.”

    Zombies best characteristic was to die as often as possible. This is not true with any other character in the game.

    No one is saying you should level all characters. The point is that zombi performed better with less resources invested (which was not in the spirit of the game according to the devs), just like a roster performs better with less resources invested.
    For example, i've got 100m+ credits just laying around, if i would use half of those credits to "improve" my roster it would actually make my roster worse given the fact that i already have all my usefull toons at lvl 85. I'm only using half of my credits in this example because the other half could actually benefit my roster in one way or another in the near future.
    That's the similarity between the zombi example and what's happening now with GA. Obviously there are differences, but that's the main similarity that applies to both.

    That’s just not true. There is exactly zero situation where your « improved » roster would perform less.
    Every ressource spent on your roster makes it strictly stronger no matter what. More efficient spending improves it more but still.

    The problem with zombie was that a huge part of her strenght came from her dying, and she died more easily with less gear, making her strenght potentially superior at lower gear. Your roster’s strenght comes from the combined strenght of all your characters, and since there is no more zombie problem, there is no character in the game that will lose strenght when upgraded. Which means your character’s combined strenght will always go strictly up for every ressource invested.

    Except if you invest in toons you can't use in grand arena, because there arent enough slots to use all our chatacters, so any you level up outside of those, makes your matchups harder, ie facing oponents with higher gp , who didnt use the EXCESS gear and creds. The guy who didn't use his excess gear has a lower effective GP. So yes its paper zombie on a much larger scale. His GP is weaker, but his roster is stronger , not because of smart resource managemt, he just didnt use all the 1000s of extra resources he has. Like someone choosing to not lvl up zombie if he had the gear, to get her to die easier, to gain an advantage. Which btw was WAI until cg decided it didnt, but thats another discussion for a different day.
  • JohnAran
    312 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    JohnAran wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

    Zombie is a terrible example because she SPECIFICALLY was a more effective character at lower gear. The point they were making in leveling characters is that the more you invest in them, the better they should perform, this is NOT saying “you should level all characters.”

    Zombies best characteristic was to die as often as possible. This is not true with any other character in the game.

    No one is saying you should level all characters. The point is that zombi performed better with less resources invested (which was not in the spirit of the game according to the devs), just like a roster performs better with less resources invested.
    For example, i've got 100m+ credits just laying around, if i would use half of those credits to "improve" my roster it would actually make my roster worse given the fact that i already have all my usefull toons at lvl 85. I'm only using half of my credits in this example because the other half could actually benefit my roster in one way or another in the near future.
    That's the similarity between the zombi example and what's happening now with GA. Obviously there are differences, but that's the main similarity that applies to both.

    That’s just not true. There is exactly zero situation where your « improved » roster would perform less.
    Every ressource spent on your roster makes it strictly stronger no matter what. More efficient spending improves it more but still.

    The problem with zombie was that a huge part of her strenght came from her dying, and she died more easily with less gear, making her strenght potentially superior at lower gear. Your roster’s strenght comes from the combined strenght of all your characters, and since there is no more zombie problem, there is no character in the game that will lose strenght when upgraded. Which means your character’s combined strenght will always go strictly up for every ressource invested.

    Except if you invest in toons you can't use in grand arena, because there arent enough slots to use all our chatacters, so any you level up outside of those, makes your matchups harder, ie facing oponents with higher gp , who didnt use the EXCESS gear and creds. The guy who didn't use his excess gear has a lower effective GP. So yes its paper zombie on a much larger scale. His GP is weaker, but his roster is stronger , not because of smart resource managemt, he just didnt use all the 1000s of extra resources he has. Like someone choosing to not lvl up zombie if he had the gear, to get her to die easier, to gain an advantage. Which btw was WAI until cg decided it didnt, but thats another discussion for a different day.

    It doesn’t matter that you can’t use some of your characters in grand arena, your roster is still strictly stronger. You can’t use all of them in a lot of other game mods.
    The fact that your matchup will be harder if you have higher gp because of useless stuff is potentially true. That’s the only potentially true fact. Your roster will be stronger*, and you will face stronger* opponents. If your stronger opponent has less useless things compared to your stronger roster than the weaker opponent had compared to your weaker roster, then the matchup will be harder. If he has the same the matchup will be the same. If by inflating your gp you end up meating someone who inflted theirs even more, your matchup will end up being easier.

    * gp wise.

    All of this has nothing to do with zombie where she could actually do things at a low investment that she couldn’t do anymore at high investment, whereas anything you could do with your roster, you can still do after upgrade, regardless of the actual usefulness of said upgrade.
  • So you’re accusing a player of “sandbagging” for GA by not leveling a bunch of toons BEFORE the GA mode was even announced? While I’m sure they won’t be leveling those toons now, except the KOTOR ones that will be needed for something, it’s hardly “sandbagging” that they didn’t level toons from several months ago. We haven’t even started the first official GA yet. The formula will get tweaked.... getting the game mode up and running was more important. Let’s quit acting like the matchmaking formula will never be adjusted. The TW formula goes far beyond GP and they are aware that GP isn’t the best comparison.

    Exactly this. Ironing out the kinks that make the game unplayable for a sizeable portion of the playerbase is absolutely more important. And like Vos said, they are aware pure GP isnt the final destination and we arent even through the first real GA yet. It'll take several of these to compile enough data to guide the tweaks and adjustments. For now, we should just chill, try to enjoy a new game mode, and be patient and see how this goes over the next couple of weeks; let's be realistic here and give the human element adequate time to do their jobs before picking up the pitchforks, eh?
  • Elyk wrote: »
    So you’re accusing a player of “sandbagging” for GA by not leveling a bunch of toons BEFORE the GA mode was even announced? While I’m sure they won’t be leveling those toons now, except the KOTOR ones that will be needed for something, it’s hardly “sandbagging” that they didn’t level toons from several months ago. We haven’t even started the first official GA yet. The formula will get tweaked.... getting the game mode up and running was more important. Let’s quit acting like the matchmaking formula will never be adjusted. The TW formula goes far beyond GP and they are aware that GP isn’t the best comparison.

    Exactly this. Ironing out the kinks that make the game unplayable for a sizeable portion of the playerbase is absolutely more important. And like Vos said, they are aware pure GP isnt the final destination and we arent even through the first real GA yet. It'll take several of these to compile enough data to guide the tweaks and adjustments. For now, we should just chill, try to enjoy a new game mode, and be patient and see how this goes over the next couple of weeks; let's be realistic here and give the human element adequate time to do their jobs before picking up the pitchforks, eh?

    Yeah , definitely, im sure it will be a quick fix , like the sith raid. Oh wait. Or the paper zombie fix , oh no not that , or the sion bug, nope. But i guess if we say it affects our Revan it might get fixed quicker, otherwise i dont see it.
  • All this conversation comes down to is poor matchmaking.

    Players should be free to use their resources as they see fit without worry of having to "sandbag" or being accused of it.

    Matchmaking as it is for ga is suck8ng all fun out of the event. All the bugs aren't helping either.

  • I don't understand what the problem is here. Spend 100K and have those lvls ones a little better, then 1v5 the weaklings
    Works every time
  • Sparrow
    518 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    @cannonfodder_iv, how long have you been playing? I started 3 years ago. Back then the game required fluff. (Mod farming required specific teams) Then came TB and we were encouraged to add more fluff. TW and GA are now telling us that we are SOL.

    How so?

    Let's say player A has almost all of his GP tied into 4-5 really strong squads. The rest are level 50 g4.
    Player B has only 1-2 really strong squads, but a lot more 2nd tier toons.

    In GA, Player A is actually at a disadvantage. If he saves his best for attack, he's got no one guarding the gates.
    If he leaves his super teams on defense, he's got nothing to attack with. GA rewards depth of roster, not a few really strong teams.

    Sorry I misread at first. The truth is player A has a huge advantage if he places 3 strong squads on defense his opponent will need to hold all his best to beat them and still likely fall short. If B places good squads on defense he won't win anything on offense.

    You may be too low to have encountered this yet but by and large gear 10 and lower toons just melt when facing gear 12, they don't do damage and they don't wear down the opponent. And even if they do by the time you wear down a squad all the banners are gone so you lose anyway.
  • I agree with the OP, but think we should take it further. Hear me out...

    Having more GP under some circumstances hinders Grand Arena. OP wants this fixed. I agree.

    Similarly, having lower GP under some circunstances hinders Heroic Sith Raid, so lets fix this too. Lets make heroic sith raid easier, for the same rewards, for players with lower gp so that even those on day 1 can do as well in heroic sith raid as those with 4m gp.

    You know what? Squad Arena is also not fair. Why should i have to fight revan teams when i dont have rrvan, so thats unfair as they can get first place, but i can only get top 10. That should be fixed, so revan cant be used in squad arena.

    I also couldnt be bothered levelling the genosamians, so its unfair that some people do better in ships mode than i do, so please ban the bugs from ship arena.

    Finally, another bug bear is i dont have as much gear as some people who have played longer, so cg needs to be fairer by giving me free gear so that everyone can get the same rewards for every game mode at all times.

    Could i also please have a "participation" certificate?
  • Sparrow wrote: »
    @cannonfodder_iv, how long have you been playing? I started 3 years ago. Back then the game required fluff. (Mod farming required specific teams) Then came TB and we were encouraged to add more fluff. TW and GA are now telling us that we are SOL.

    How so?

    Let's say player A has almost all of his GP tied into 4-5 really strong squads. The rest are level 50 g4.
    Player B has only 1-2 really strong squads, but a lot more 2nd tier toons.

    In GA, Player A is actually at a disadvantage. If he saves his best for attack, he's got no one guarding the gates.
    If he leaves his super teams on defense, he's got nothing to attack with. GA rewards depth of roster, not a few really strong teams.

    Sorry I misread at first. The truth is player A has a huge advantage if he places 3 strong squads on defense his opponent will need to hold all his best to beat them and still likely fall short. If B places good squads on defense he won't win anything on offense.

    You may be too low to have encountered this yet but by and large gear 10 and lower toons just melt when facing gear 12, they don't do damage and they don't wear down the opponent. And even if they do by the time you wear down a squad all the banners are gone so you lose anyway.

    My g10 nightsisters (except asajj g12) never lost against a full g12 jtr team ever.
    I hear Imp Troopers will do the same to nightsisters.
    Pretty sure a zFinn team can take down a significantly higher geared team as long as the mods are good and poe is fast enough.

    That’s of course assuming that you are somehow forced by the game to have only full g12 team or full g11- teams. A team with 2 or 3 g12 and 2 or 3 g10-11 can win easily against 5 g12 on offense, if the matchup is right.
  • The problem is that it seems like the only thing taken into account is GP, nothing else.

    Things that should also matter are number of G12/11 chars, zetas, number of 10++ speed mods, average arena rank (char + fleet, with the higher prio being char arena), Revan yes/no (Revan owners should NOT be matched against non-Revan owners, especially after taking out the Qi'ra Nest counter option), Traya yes/no, etc.

    If all these things would be taken into account, we wouldn't see those hilarious matchups of ppl who don't have Revan+Traya and have like 15 G12 chars going up against someone who has both Revan and Traya aswell as 50 G12 chars.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • It's really not a problem with matchmaking or anything else. The simple fact is that if you spread your resources out for adeep roster of mediocre teams, you will benefit in some game modes (tb, completion of multiple assault battles, etc), whereas a strict and narrow focus on maxing out one team after another with a ton of unleveled characters will benefit you in other modes ( arena, tw, ga). Just play the game the way you like, and reap the corresponding awards. If you're not built to go tie to tie with maxed teams, you don't deserve those readers. That's all there is to it
  • Kyno
    25767 posts Moderator
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Well I just dropped nearly 100k by unequipping mods from characters. Now I need to go through my mods and determine what else I can sell in order to drop more mods from my characters. Maybe everything less than 10 speed? The fact that I'm doing this means the update matching strictly on GP blows and is against the "spirit of the game". I shouldn't be penalized for having maxed mods on my characters or trying to 7* all characters.

    Going forward, keeping characters in a deactivated mode doesn't make a lot of sense either. Really this is just forcing everyone to slow their progress. What's the financial incentive for CG to push for this? Sooner than later, this impact will hit CGs wallet. Why spend money to artifically inflate your GP? It better be a good reason.

    My rant has an actual solution, more GP brackets and have it completely random. In addition the overall rewards for the next tier would need to be substantially better than the previous to make everyone want to improve and actually add GP to their inventory accordingly. People could either add it as 'fluff' or quality investments, and they would be impacted during match making. Either way, they are better off than being in the previous tier and everyone is trying to grow their roster.

    The fact that you are doing this has almost nothing to do with the matching or the new game modes.

    If you were consistently losing (which cant be determined with this few of battles), and then dropped X00k of GP and were crushing everyone. Then you would have an argument for what you are saying and could talk about " the spirit of the game".

    I would imagine that the people within the 200k range of you for GP will not be that different.
  • They need to only calculate GP of level 80+ characters. Period. It's that simple.
  • Not going to bother with GA until they fix it. What a mess.
  • JohnAran wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

    Zombie is a terrible example because she SPECIFICALLY was a more effective character at lower gear. The point they were making in leveling characters is that the more you invest in them, the better they should perform, this is NOT saying “you should level all characters.”

    Zombies best characteristic was to die as often as possible. This is not true with any other character in the game.

    No one is saying you should level all characters. The point is that zombi performed better with less resources invested (which was not in the spirit of the game according to the devs), just like a roster performs better with less resources invested.
    For example, i've got 100m+ credits just laying around, if i would use half of those credits to "improve" my roster it would actually make my roster worse given the fact that i already have all my usefull toons at lvl 85. I'm only using half of my credits in this example because the other half could actually benefit my roster in one way or another in the near future.
    That's the similarity between the zombi example and what's happening now with GA. Obviously there are differences, but that's the main similarity that applies to both.

    That’s just not true. There is exactly zero situation where your « improved » roster would perform less.
    Every ressource spent on your roster makes it strictly stronger no matter what.


    No it makes your GP higher. 7 starring and 12 gearing ugnaught does not make you stronger, it just adds 12000 gp and potentially bumping you into a higher bracket.

    I am over 3.5 million GP. 1.25 million (easily) of that GP is bull **** toons at 5 gear lvl 85. Because i didnt know better. They do not make my roster stronger. They make my viable toons compete against equal gp of people who didnt spend the first year of the game maxing out clones so he could say he has a "clone army"

    In my GA right now the guy who is going to win it all has. Double the 12 geared and double the zetas that i have, yet we are equal on GP. So what you say is blatantly incorrect.

  • OP is overreacting to the state of things.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    "This person didn't waste resources on unused characters, therefore they should be punished!"
    Are people familiar with the term "ex post facto"? It literally means "after the fact." When I started 3 years ago, we were encouraged to max out toons. In fact, mod farming required useless toons. Additionally, some toons became useless as the game progressed. Zmaul, ZQGJ were meta, now they are on the trash heap.
    Then came TB and we were told to build GP.
    Now GA tells us to not level. I'm sorry, but I can't unlevel and unzeta characters from 2 years ago.

    I'm lost, here - is there some reason you can't use those characters in GA? Maybe they won't work great as a first line of defense, but for your back territories or as an attacker they're likely still fine. You have to remember that your opponent is playing the same game as you, trying to balance how many "good" teams they need to put on defense while still leaving adequate resources to attack with. If they go a little light on the attack, your "useless" Zmaul sith team might work perfectly well.

    During the trial run I busted out a team of Ackbar, Princess Leia, Lando Calrissian, Wedge, and Young Lando. That's an absolute garbage team, but on offense against a similar-GP team it worked alright, because the AI is dumb and easy to beat.

    Yeah, my defense teams are all really crappy teams I used to unlock 7* BB8, R2, and EP.

    I have a tenacious Lobot in my rebel defense team!

    OP cries a lot. So what if people are sandbagging with level 1's on defense and making you beat them with your unleveled level 2's. You seriously don't have those? You get at least a dozen of those characters by opening the F2P bronze data packs during 1 month of gameplay.
  • The people crying "resource management " are clearly new to the game. Anyone who has played for more than 2 years probably has 10s of millions of extra credits, thousands of extra G1-8 gear, and hundreds of extra ability mats. We didn't level our Ugnaughts because we made bad decisions, we leveled Ugnaught because we had extra credits and gear.
  • It's been known since TW became a thing that you shouldn't gear up useless toons you won't use because you will just inflate your GP and make TW harder for your guild so why complain now?
  • @cannonfodder_iv, how long have you been playing? I started 3 years ago. Back then the game required fluff. (Mod farming required specific teams) Then came TB and we were encouraged to add more fluff. TW and GA are now telling us that we are SOL.

    As someone who has played since dec 15 and also has fluff, i’m telling you to stop whining. Sure, you will have fluff in your roster because the game required some of these toons before, but if you “overfluffed” then that’s your own problem. How so? Here are some examples:

    1) A teebo above 7* G8 is lame. HPit could be soloed with a G8 teebo in the team.
    2) Jawas above G8 is lame. You could clear the tier3 CD mod challenge with G8 jawas
    3) CUP/Lobot/Mob enforcers above 7* lvl1 g1 is lame. You only need them for TB deployments.

    All these are resource management choices. I chose to lvl85 my entire fleet inventory and maximise the abilities (other than omega or reinforcement). This gives me roughly 5-700k more GP than is required for GA, but do i whine about it?

    Further, there are teams that function at 7* g8 perfectly well, e.g. phoenix. They require a better team in order to win convincingly, and that in itself already serves a good purpose in GA.

    This.^
    I'm also a Dec 15 player and couldn't agree more. Well said buddy.
  • The people crying "resource management " are clearly new to the game. Anyone who has played for more than 2 years probably has 10s of millions of extra credits, thousands of extra G1-8 gear, and hundreds of extra ability mats. We didn't level our Ugnaughts because we made bad decisions, we leveled Ugnaught because we had extra credits and gear.

    Excatly this.

    Since a proper multi-variable match-making is probably off the table, I have another proposition. Give us the option to choose which toons from our roster get deployed to GA when we join. They already "snapshot" our roster, so it seems reasonable that they can snapshot just the section we choose to deploy. I think that would solve the concerns folks have about GP inflation. It would also add another depth of strategy in terms of picking how many teams to take, alternates, etc.
  • Disruptor
    44 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Edit: sorry, messed up the quoting, meant to reply to you @cannonfodder_iv
    [/quote]

    Nobody, at any point, who "hoards" game resources does so with the express intent of minimizing GP. They do it in order to be able to react to swift and unexpected changes in the game. Rosters progress with the speed and handling of a cruise ship, requiring methodical planning and diligent execution of that plan. Unforeseen events arise (in the form of disruptive character kits, reworks or game modes) that require rosters to move more like a speed boat, changing direction quickly and accelerating at once. Having resources on-hand enables that. Spending everything you have the minute you have it does not.

    You wouldn't run your household without a savings buffer, would you? Why would you play the game that way?

    [/quote]

    Exactly my point. I couldn't have said it better. I don't "hoard" just for the sake of hoarding or minimizing gp. I just don't see a point in getting my 7* cup to g8 lvl 85 or higher because it will be equally useless to its current state at g1 lvl 1, except for a slight bonus in TB. I don't hoard, but I just use items/currency only where I see fit. As you mentioned, the game can always change overnight, and the thousands of unused low level gear pieces could become useful all of a sudden. And I'd be prepared. Same with any other currency or item. I don't "hoard" them just to keep my GP low, I do it because I wanna be best prepared for whatever may come to the game in the future. Like in real life, it's always good to have stuff saved to fall back on, if ever needed. Spending stuff the moment you get it is careless imo. If you want to play like that, feel free. But don't complain when something gets introduced to the game that will require stuff you used on rather unimportant stuff, while I'll be sitting on thousands of whatever it will be.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Disruptor wrote: »

    Nobody, at any point, who "hoards" game resources does so with the express intent of minimizing GP. They do it in order to be able to react to swift and unexpected changes in the game. Rosters progress with the speed and handling of a cruise ship, requiring methodical planning and diligent execution of that plan. Unforeseen events arise (in the form of disruptive character kits, reworks or game modes) that require rosters to move more like a speed boat, changing direction quickly and accelerating at once. Having resources on-hand enables that. Spending everything you have the minute you have it does not.

    You wouldn't run your household without a savings buffer, would you? Why would you play the game that way?



    Exactly my point. I couldn't have said it better. I don't "hoard" just for the sake of hoarding or minimizing gp. I just don't see a point in getting my 7* cup to g8 lvl 85 or higher because it will be equally useless to its current state at g1 lvl 1, except for a slight bonus in TB. I don't hoard, but I just use items/currency only where I see fit. As you mentioned, the game can always change overnight, and the thousands of unused low level gear pieces could become useful all of a sudden. And I'd be prepared. Same with any other currency or item. I don't "hoard" them just to keep my GP low, I do it because I wanna be best prepared for whatever may come to the game in the future. Like in real life, it's always good to have stuff saved to fall back on, if ever needed. Spending stuff the moment you get it is careless imo. If you want to play like that, feel free. But don't complain when something gets introduced to the game that will require stuff you used on rather unimportant stuff, while I'll be sitting on thousands of whatever it will be.

    I herd they will release 320 new characters on new year's eve. Gotta get your grey/green/blue gear ready.
Sign In or Register to comment.