Asking as nicely as I can re: ships/troops seperate Ga....

2Next

Replies

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    For whatever it's worth, I really disliked ships when I first got to them too. Now they're one of my favorite parts of the game. I dunno what your roster looks like, but since you hate them so much, while you may not have "neglected" them, I doubt you've put a great deal of effort into them either, so they're probably not top-notch. Once you make a point of maxing out a good ship team with G12 pilots, they become much more enjoyable.

You do need to learn the mechanics, which you already said up above you haven't bothered to do. You're not going to beat a strong fleet unless you go at it with a plan of attack - just bashing your head against it will only cause frustration. The good news is that there aren't that many ships, and a bunch that are rarely used, so learning how they all work isn't that difficult.

Plus, ships don't have mods so it isn't like squad arena where some guy who lucked out and got a bunch of +25 speed mods can just dominate through brute force.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• They should not remove ships or separate them. Some ppl myself included like to fight ships and if you actually knew what you were doing you'd know ships isn't just RNG. I mean why would they not include ships? It's been apart of this game forever, it's in TW and TB so why would GA not have it
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    For whatever it's worth, I really disliked ships when I first got to them too. Now they're one of my favorite parts of the game. I dunno what your roster looks like, but since you hate them so much, while you may not have "neglected" them, I doubt you've put a great deal of effort into them either, so they're probably not top-notch. Once you make a point of maxing out a good ship team with G12 pilots, they become much more enjoyable.

You do need to learn the mechanics, which you already said up above you haven't bothered to do. You're not going to beat a strong fleet unless you go at it with a plan of attack - just bashing your head against it will only cause frustration. The good news is that there aren't that many ships, and a bunch that are rarely used, so learning how they all work isn't that difficult.

Plus, ships don't have mods so it isn't like squad arena where some guy who lucked out and got a bunch of +25 speed mods can just dominate through brute force.

The answer for me here isn’t going to be to learn to love ships. I have g12 zbossk. His ship isn’t 7* yet but I do farm it.. I also run Vader’s ship, it’s 7* and so is he. Vader is g12 with a zeta. Last usually is 7* Biggs. He’s one piece of gear from g12. I also use boba ship. He’s 7* g12. Scimitar is 7* along with 7* g12 zMaul. I need 30 shards for 7* slave one. I’ve been gearing ani simply cuz his ship is useful. I have all the “bugs” ships at 7*. Most of their pilots are 7* but only g10-11. I don’t feel like the reason I don’t like it wasn’t for lack of effort or want. I went for ships at the beginning at just can’t get into it. It’s that simple. I totally respect your opinion and in some cases you may be correct. You may even be correct in this particular instance. It’s just hard to explain. It’s not for me. Sorry if I came across as complaining in any of it. Not my intention. Just was hoping more positive feedback about the benefits of the two existing separately
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Your_nerf wrote: »
    So just a seperate ships grand arena would be a detriment why?

Because other people like ships and want it in there. Heck, there are quite a few people that want a ship raid.

I am not a huge fan of ships either, but if they removed ships from grand arena it would just be squad arena and we already have squad arena.
  • Unfortunately I don't think they'll ever be separated. It might not be a terrible idea but they won't do it. I personally like ships a lot. Yes, there is quite some rng involved, but the better you get, the less rng will impact your battles. If your fleet is good enough you might win even if the rng is heavily against you. I'd give them another shot if I were you :)
    Just think about all the crystals you missed not placing in the top ranks. Even if you don't like it much, I'd at least play them for the crystals. If you get 200-400 crystals from fleet arena you could spend those on improving your ground squads. Think about it :)
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Disruptor wrote: »
    Unfortunately I don't think they'll ever be separated. It might not be a terrible idea but they won't do it. I personally like ships a lot. Yes, there is quite some rng involved, but the better you get, the less rng will impact your battles. If your fleet is good enough you might win even if the rng is heavily against you. I'd give them another shot if I were you :)
    Just think about all the crystals you missed not placing in the top ranks. Even if you don't like it much, I'd at least play them for the crystals. If you get 200-400 crystals from fleet arena you could spend those on improving your ground squads. Think about it :)

Dont come in here with calm, logical demeanor. That serves 0 purpose on forum boards. :smile:
  • I think you are unhappy because you lost. If you don't want to play ships then don't play it. U will just lose. If your ships suck then save your best ships for offense, as that is your best chance.

You can't really seperate ships and ground because ships GP is based off of ground troops. If you seperate it, people who geared the pilots will be at a disadvantage. There also isn't enough teams to do a ships GA at the moment.

GP in general is not balanced properly, on paper 5 4k toons should best a 20k toon, but that's not the case. 20k toons will easily solo 4k toons til the end of time. To fix match making, CG should look at adding a new numeric for each toon.
  • Kind of funny though how many don't like ships in this whole intergalactic fictional universe we call "Star Wars."
  • I like ships.
  • Monel wrote: »

Dont come in here with calm, logical demeanor. That serves 0 purpose on forum boards. :smile:

Ha, well said. But I always try to see the good in people first, that's how I am:wink:
  • You know, some people are superior in the ships, give them a chance to win.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    You know, some people are superior in the ships, give them a chance to win.
    Even with a fleet battle zone, a fleet-heavy roster is at a disadvantage but hey, I like a challenge and it looks like I am about to go 2-0. >:)
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I can offer some slight possible consolation. There is a chance that not every grand arena will have ships.

good luck.

i really hope in that case for matchmaking will be considered ONLY the characters galactic power... i'm a player that has almost 50-50 galactic power between arena and fleet, i'm usually in disadvantage against other players playing grand arena, so i'd like have not more unconfortable MM.
  • What a bizarre rant. You've admitted you don't understand the mechanics, so rather than learn them, you'd rather the game is changed for everyone else.

Mental.
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Your_nerf wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Grand arena is supposed to be the "ultimate test of skill" in SWGoH. Wouldn't be very ultimate without ships.

Thanks for carefully reading my original post when I wrote “please don’t tell me it’s a test of whole roster etc”

So basically you asked people not to answer the question by actually giving the correct answer.

What I would say though, if we are going to get various different GAs (which apparently we are so could be ships are not always in it, you can't expect them to always have them out though), if like the preview one some there are no ships then matching should then be on toon GP alone rather than total but otherwise, sorry, you don't like a mode then don't play it. It is hardly killing you to set one defence and attack one only as well, or don't even bother attacking, see where you are without bothering.
  • You’ll still do GA for free rewards even if you hate it.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I love crystals and zeta’s. Placing 1st everyday in fleet is my favourite part of this game lol. Sorry for your loss.
    Git gud
  • Your_nerf wrote: »
    if I had the option to completely wipe ships and everything they included off my game I would in a heartbeat. Including the store AND ability to buy zetas there. I don’t play it.

I strongly agree with this. Just my opinion but I think ships was a pointless integration designed to cash grab. Opinion hasnt really changed, still think its dumb aand wasnt needed. But the biggest issue I have is also with the zetas (arguably THE most precious resource) being linked almost exclusively to ships in the form of the store/fleet challenges (yeah, achievement awards and tws offer them but achievements are slow, and tw is highly guild dependent). Definitely not a fan all around.
  • I honestly agree with the OP. I also don't really like ships, even though I'm pretty successful with them in the arena (currently 15th). It wouldn't be that difficult to allow click able options for different types of GA during the 24hr "join" period. 3v3, 5v5, ships/no ships, LS-DS only, etc. More options make for more fun and different challenges. Let the dude have his no ships if he wants to play that way. It won't hurt the game.

P.S. Hounds tooth is the new Zarris. It's a terrible mechanic.
  • I disagree with getting rid of ships, that said, ships are a nightmare. They are so RNG its absurd. Skill and strategy has been replaced with dice rolls. I find myself beating and losing to the same team over and over, just depends on the luck of the dice.

I prefer something more skilled / strategy based
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I love this thread. It's the "Larry David Me First Policy" thread.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Tyrant321 wrote: »
    I disagree with getting rid of ships, that said, ships are a nightmare. They are so RNG its absurd. Skill and strategy has been replaced with dice rolls. I find myself beating and losing to the same team over and over, just depends on the luck of the dice.

I prefer something more skilled / strategy based
    Ah, so consistently beating fleets with 20-25% more GP than me for months on end was just blind luck. Good to know. :D
  • Your_nerf wrote: »
    Please please please please please please separate ships and troops GA. I hate ships. If I could delete them from my game I would have 2 years ago or however long they came out. I’m a non-revan owner that just lost by one point To a revan owner cuz I took two ship fights and he didn’t. Why did I take two ship fights? Well you’ve played ships. Haha. They are really terrible and so RNG dependant it’s silly. His Thrawn got the one shot off before mine and that was it... for someone minus revan to win the ground section and lose the battle over ships... I personally won’t EVER participate in ANY grand arena that has ships in it again... i worked my butt off to even overcome the huge no revan deficit and was happy til this. I’m sure there’s a large portion of the playerbase that are with me in simply not liking ships. There’s tons and tons of players like me whose arena average is 2 whose ships arena average is 50-100 or even higher. Guys don’t like it. Don’t force it on us. I don’t see any reason the two couldn’t be separate. I’d really like to continue to play Ga but won’t even sign up if I see anything that looks like a ship.

And please I’m not looking for “well it’s a test of your entire roster etc” as an answer. It’s not a test of my entire roster. It’s forcing me to play an aspect that I really don’t like so I have to work on that crap too to stay relevant. Which I won’t.

Again please, I’ve been playing since a month after launch. Probably have missed 600 under 10x, I WANT to play grand arena. Don’t get me wrong. But ships have to be separate. It’s not for everyone. People know this.

They have a mode specifically like this already. It's called Squad Arena.
  • I didnt care much for ships before. But once they started adding crystals in the payouts it definitely got my attention.

To the OP who just lost that sucks. Non revan vs revan should be given a 20 point bonus
This discussion has been closed.