Why would GA ties go to higher GP???

As title suggest: why would a GA tie go to the person with more GP?

In my eyes if there’s a tie, the person with lower GP has accomplished something, not the person with higher GP. They should be penalized for not beating someone with less power rather than rewarded.

Thoughts ?

Replies

• JohnAran
    312 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    My thoughts : why are people getting upset about that. The matchmaking makes it so everyone has the same gp. Having 53 less gp than your opponent doesn’t mean you « accomplished » anything.

You are just as likely to be the one with less gp than the one with more. It’s a last resort coinflip, they just made the mistake to not call it that.
    Edit : not talking about the fact that the chance of that happening is insanely low as soon as just 1 player actually plays.
  • I suppose they are rewarding the people that have invested a little more, wether is time, resources or even real money, even though is just a little bit of extra GP
  • It's an easy tiebreaker, why would it be any more complicated than the original matchmaking?
  • JohnAran wrote: »
    My thoughts : why are people getting upset about that. The matchmaking makes it so everyone has the same gp. Having 53 less gp than your opponent doesn’t mean you « accomplished » anything.

You are just as likely to be the one with less gp than the one with more. It’s a last resort coinflip, they just made the mistake to not call it that.
    Edit : not talking about the fact that the chance of that happening is insanely low as soon as just 1 player actually plays.

I understand you assuming this is a complaint bcus everyone complains on here, but it’s not.

Just common sense, why wouldn’t the tie go to the runner ? If you have more GP and can’t defeat someone with less GP you don’t deserve the win.
  • Tbuono89 wrote: »
    JohnAran wrote: »

I understand you assuming this is a complaint bcus everyone complains on here, but it’s not.

Just common sense, why wouldn’t the tie go to the runner ? If you have more GP and can’t defeat someone with less GP you don’t deserve the win.

It is the opposite of common sense. You don't have common sense if you think it is common sense.

Having higher GP doesn't automatically mean you roster is better than the lower GP roster, it depends on what was upgraded and how.

No need to insult me just bcus you don’t understand any of this.

Having higher GP doesn’t mean you’re always going to be stronger but theoretically you should be. If you’re not, you didn’t invest GP as well as others.
  • Tbuono89 wrote: »

I didn’t assume it was a complaint, it’s just that you are not the first person to feel the need to come on the forum and talk about this. It’s a completely anecdotal feature that will almost never comes into play anyway.
    Even if it does, and i will repeat myself here : the gp difference is completely negligible meaning that there is no deserving anything for anyone. If you have 50 or 100 or even 1000 less gp and tie me you don’t deserve the win anymore than me.
    It’s a coin toss. You are as likely to be the one with more gp. It makes zero difference on the actual matchup.

Common sense would be to not even talk about it because it so doesn’t matter. Guess i lack common sense after all since i’m here talking about it even though i couldn’t care less^^
  • Tbuono89
    51 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    For something that’ll almost never come into play you are extremely passionate about your feelings towards it, even more so than I am. I’ll go ahead and agree with you here on the forum so you don’t lose any sleep tonight little guy
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Tbuono89 wrote: »
    As title suggest: why would a GA tie go to the person with more GP?

In my eyes if there’s a tie, the person with lower GP has accomplished something, not the person with higher GP. They should be penalized for not beating someone with less power rather than rewarded.

Thoughts ?
    Counter argument: why should someone who hasn’t invested as much as someone who has get to win? How is that fair? To be punished for investing?

Personally I don’t think GP should be used as a tie breaker (more or less doesn’t matter) but it is what it is
  • It's an easy tie breaker,but seeing as you don't suggest anything to replace it.

Yeah....

Complaining is easy but finding solutions is not.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

I share your trouble understanding why it goes to higher gp, but not for the same reasons you think. As far as we know the algo currently only takes in account the GP and matches people very closely at that. This puts one in a very random position to have the higher or lower GP. Contrary to the matchmaking problems of TW this hardly sheds any light on whom has a clear or if anyone even had an advantage over the other.

On second thought if they simply left it to rng, it would be the same thing.
  • JohnAran
    312 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    For something that’ll almost never come into play you are extremely passionate about your feelings towards it, even more so than I am. I’ll go ahead and agree with you here on the forum so you don’t lose any sleep tonight little guy

What ? I don’t know where exactly did you see that «passion » but it doesn’t matter much^^
    You asked for thoughts, guess you didn’t want mine. Don’t know why you feel the need to belittle me, unnecessary i’d say, but i don’t mind. I wonder if you can see the irony though.
  • JohnAran wrote: »

This. Grand Arena is boring as hell, 2 enemies down and my opponents didnt do anything.
  • My bracket has a 2000 difference from 1-8. That’s like two level 50 g3 toons. Having the higher GP does not give an advantage in this scenario.