Can I solo the Hpit with this?

Prev1
Vader lead, bb8, thrawn, savage, palp?
Can I do it, or can I sub in Teebo somewhere in there? I can’t use jyn, she’s to hard of a farm for me right now.
Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/

Replies

  • Depends on multiple factors

    - gear
    - mods
    - zeta
  • Decent speed, and a Zeta on a Vader lead and you can do it no problem.

    Aim for G9+
    200 speed +, the more the better.

    I did my first ever solo with G8/9 zVader team + Jyn. With low gear and low speed Phase 4 is frustrating as the Rancor is significantly faster than P2/3.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Decent speed, and a Zeta on a Vader lead and you can do it no problem.

    Aim for G9+
    200 speed +, the more the better.

    I did my first ever solo with G8/9 zVader team + Jyn. With low gear and low speed Phase 4 is frustrating as the Rancor is significantly faster than P2/3.

    Thanks so much @Vendi1983 , I have both zetas on vader, thrawn unique, savage unique, palp both zetas, and I don’t think bb8 needs them. All gear 9 and up except for savage.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Waqui
    5677 posts Member
    I believe, you will stand a better chance by simply removing Savage (not empire and not TM reduction). You could then choose to switch in some TM remover like Rex, Teebo etch.
  • Vendi1983
    3280 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    He removes TM being Sith. Vader's lead applies to both.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    I believe, you will stand a better chance by simply removing Savage (not empire and not TM reduction). You could then choose to switch in some TM remover like Rex, Teebo etch.

    Yes but Vader lead benefits sith and empire both.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Waqui
    5677 posts Member
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    I believe, you will stand a better chance by simply removing Savage (not empire and not TM reduction). You could then choose to switch in some TM remover like Rex, Teebo etch.

    Yes but Vader lead benefits sith and empire both.

    Doh! Oh, yeah. That's true.
  • @Vendi1983 can it be done without zader ? I put zeta on thrawn unique now only 3 mil to go. 2 of my toons were devoured by S3 and run over.

    I don’t notice much TM removal with no zeta and I figured with more equipment stronger toons the increase in damage can reduce amount of TM removal needed.
  • Waqui
    5677 posts Member
    2smooth wrote: »
    @Vendi1983 can it be done without zader ? I put zeta on thrawn unique now only 3 mil to go. 2 of my toons were devoured by S3 and run over.

    I don’t notice much TM removal with no zeta and I figured with more equipment stronger toons the increase in damage can reduce amount of TM removal needed.

    I have seen reports of some using non-zeta Vader and soloing it. I believe, it will require a really good strategy and team composition. Which team are you using?

    Devoured? The idea is to not let Rancor take turns.
  • I use Thrawn and tie in place of your last to and works fine
  • Vendi1983
    3280 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    You'll need absolutely excellent speed to get enough turns to make up for no zeta. The increase from 25 to 50% chance to remove TM is what makes the difference. It's not so much the increase from 10% to 20% reduction.
  • 2smooth
    489 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Waqui wrote: »
    2smooth wrote: »
    @Vendi1983 can it be done without zader ? I put zeta on thrawn unique now only 3 mil to go. 2 of my toons were devoured by S3 and run over.

    I don’t notice much TM removal with no zeta and I figured with more equipment stronger toons the increase in damage can reduce amount of TM removal needed.

    I have seen reports of some using non-zeta Vader and soloing it. I believe, it will require a really good strategy and team composition. Which team are you using?

    Devoured? The idea is to not let Rancor take turns.
    I have arena mods on my arena toons but use

    Vader lead, EP, zthrawn unique, tarkin and kilo. Can replace ep with TFP even though only g10. Try Zion in for kilo once at 7* in like a week ( use in arena). But not much other toons to work with at moment.

    I noticed I can use door panel more effectively as last tm removal effort when waiting on cooldowns but other than that good strategy. If I can get past s3 should be easy even if I lose one toon because no more devour.

    I can only c where I’m at once a week because of extensive time it takes when u can’t auto and have to play it. I’ll try to take tarkin and kilo speed up since I don’t use in arena just have 5dots I don’t use on for ships.
  • I can also try tarkin lead to give more speed to help reduce TM more. Have thrawn close to 260 he is vital to TM removal with his unique and extra speed on Vader and other empire could help.

    Not finding much use for Vader lead in tm removal and I won’t be able to generate more turns with EP lead past S1 so seems like a good move.
  • Waqui
    5677 posts Member
    2smooth wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    2smooth wrote: »
    @Vendi1983 can it be done without zader ? I put zeta on thrawn unique now only 3 mil to go. 2 of my toons were devoured by S3 and run over.

    I don’t notice much TM removal with no zeta and I figured with more equipment stronger toons the increase in damage can reduce amount of TM removal needed.

    I have seen reports of some using non-zeta Vader and soloing it. I believe, it will require a really good strategy and team composition. Which team are you using?

    Devoured? The idea is to not let Rancor take turns.
    I have arena mods on my arena toons but use

    Vader lead, EP, zthrawn unique, tarkin and kilo. Can replace ep with TFP even though only g10. Try Zion in for kilo once at 7* in like a week ( use in arena). But not much other toons to work with at moment.

    Kylo is a liability. He feeds TM to the Rancor with every attack.

    Under non-zeta Vader lead, empire and sith remove 2% TM on average through the lead with every attack. With a zeta Vader lead it's approximately 8.5% (assuming only the basic 15% chance to resist). That's a huge difference. You will need a good strategy (and no Kylo) to pull it off. F.ex. save special attacks for when Rancor is fractured (apart from Tarkin's TM removal AoE). Also make sure to keep speed down and tenacity down on Rancor at all times. Only use culling blade when you're sure to be able to reapply speed down and tenacity down right after. Have high crit chance on your TFP to apply tenacity down. Just a few things to be aware of.

  • Two big keys to your team, @2smooth:

    "Vader lead, EP, zthrawn unique, tarkin and kilo."

    (I'm assuming that's OG Kylo not Kylo Unmasked. If I'm correct that's one of the big problems.) There's nobody on your team to apply Tenacity Down, and nobody that actually removes TM with an attack on a regular basis. Without Vader's Zeta there's little chance if there isn't a fifth that can reliably removed TM outside of Vader's lead removal.

    Without TD too many debuffs are going to get resisted, especially from Vader's Force Crush.

    The other key to his zeta is the reapplication of Damage Over Time. You can stack 30-40 of those easily per phase with even a decent speed Vader. That will net you 600-800k+ damage with a Culling Blade when the door is down.
  • 2smooth
    489 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    @Vendi1983 no I have unmasked for tenacity down which assist in tarkin TM removal. If I can get him to survive past S2 will be good but once he is devoured I lose a lot of tarkin effectiveness.

    Maybe replace EP with TFP gives more turns and specials to reduce during fracture can try that next or replace with Zion 30 away from 7*. I can use that tip FC when door is down only have been doing it when close to death will try that. If I lose again will have to get zeta I can not afford these test runs due to time it takes lol. But my last test run up 4 mil hopefully this will be last test with only 3 mil left.
  • TFP does tenacity down on any critical hit. Mod him for critical chance with tons of secondary speed and you'll effectively replace KRU with someone who benefits from Vader's lead TMR while also providing tenacity down on basic.
  • Waqui
    5677 posts Member
    2smooth wrote: »
    @Vendi1983 no I have unmasked for tenacity down which assist in tarkin TM removal. If I can get him to survive past S2 will be good but once he is devoured I lose a lot of tarkin effectiveness.

    Maybe replace EP with TFP gives more turns and specials to reduce during fracture can try that next or replace with Zion 30 away from 7*.

    You are forgetting that every time Kylo hits the Rancor / Captain, the boss will GAIN turnmeter. The whole idea is to consistently REMOVE turnmeter from the boss. Throw Kylo / KRU out. Far out. Use TFP instead. TFP benefits from Vader's lead, also inflicts tenacity down, and can remove turnmeter through Thrawn's unique zeta. Forget KRU.

  • Waqui
    5677 posts Member
    The easy solution would if course be to zeta Vader's lead. Yes, it will cost you a zeta, but you will rank higher and gain more rewards every rancor raid, since you will solo it.
  • And you have TB where you need to use Vader as lead in a mission. His zeta makes it an absolute joke. Watching rebels continuously try to cleanse DOTs instead of attacking? Priceless.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    The easy solution would if course be to zeta Vader's lead. Yes, it will cost you a zeta, but you will rank higher and gain more rewards every rancor raid, since you will solo it.
    Yeah I won’t rank higher because minimum of ten that troll pit raids just to watch people complain about y they didn’t get title lol. But I’ll check next TB maybe I forgot mission requiring him leading.
  • Waqui
    5677 posts Member
    2smooth wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    The easy solution would if course be to zeta Vader's lead. Yes, it will cost you a zeta, but you will rank higher and gain more rewards every rancor raid, since you will solo it.
    Yeah I won’t rank higher because minimum of ten that troll pit raids just to watch people complain about y they didn’t get title lol. But I’ll check next TB maybe I forgot mission requiring him leading.

    With a zeta on Vader's lead, you will be able to solo the whole thing, rank in top-10 with a (random) chance to rank in top-3 for an extra reward treasure chest and a shot at 1st place for the title.

    Since you are far away from being ready for CLS, I'm sure that zeta will win you a lot of extra gear.
  • @2smooth as long as you can solo, they can't troll to deny you 1st place. RNG during the join period will eventually net you a first place finish and they can't prevent it. Zeta Vader's lead and you won't regret it in multiple areas of the game.
  • The better question is - why do u want to invest a Zeta into vader lead? His leadership is besides hpit - nearly useless....im using a bastilla lead jedi team with gmy, ezra, jolee and thrawn and can solo it aswell....whats the big deal about soloing Hpit?
  • If you have no other prepped solo team then it makes sense. All HPit solo teams require at least one zeta. Take the team you're closest to soloing with and put a Zeta on the required character. It pays off from the increase in rewards.

    Personally, I use FO - with or without CLS. Only really requires a Zeta on KRU, and they can clear the raid at G9-10 with the Rancor taking zero to minimal turns on manual.

    Just did one yesterday with FO + CLS, threw it on auto, and they managed it with no turns at all for the enemies in all 4 phases for the first time. But they're a mix of G11-G12 with zetas on KRU, CLS, & Kylo (not needed for Rancor).
  • Waqui
    5677 posts Member
    The better question is - why do u want to invest a Zeta into vader lead? His leadership is besides hpit - nearly useless....im using a bastilla lead jedi team with gmy, ezra, jolee and thrawn and can solo it aswell....whats the big deal about soloing Hpit?

    Better rewards than if you don't solo it (2smooth is nowhere near ready for CLS or having another team able to solo the raid). The option to simply initiate the battle and pressing auto to solo it. That really should be enough reasons. That zeta will be a good investment. It will be OP's best option for getting those better rewards for months.

  • Yeah, and since my vader is already zeta'd plus most of my sith are, that’s who I’m using. It’s all dependent on who you have in your roster.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • 2smooth
    489 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Waqui wrote: »
    The better question is - why do u want to invest a Zeta into vader lead? His leadership is besides hpit - nearly useless....im using a bastilla lead jedi team with gmy, ezra, jolee and thrawn and can solo it aswell....whats the big deal about soloing Hpit?

    Better rewards than if you don't solo it (2smooth is nowhere near ready for CLS or having another team able to solo the raid). The option to simply initiate the battle and pressing auto to solo it. That really should be enough reasons. That zeta will be a good investment. It will be OP's best option for getting those better rewards for months.
    if the zeta will allow a auto good investment. But for now while I wait on zeta material I have to manually do it. Think replacing kilo with TFP will do it. I had noticed at times TM goes up fast didn’t know kilo was cause should have read more abilities lol. I’ll adjust mods for critical chance on tfp and try again when RNG puts me higher on join list smh.

  • @Starlord1809 this title just like genral or top sith it’s about competitive aspects of the game. Something to not only to add to ur account but showcase in arena for others to compete to obtain as well.
  • Thanks for assistance @Vendi1983 @Waqui TFP for kilo was change I needed.

    Auto threw P1 almost then had to manually do the rest but got me threw tougher stages 2-3 for solo. Just have to get higher on join list can get this title and never c a pit race again lol.
Sign In or Register to comment.