C3P0 Nerf or not??

Replies

• informalities
    47 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    How is it an infinite loop if it doesn't loop infinitely?
    That's not nerf worthy according to CG rule.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    This is yet another indicator of CG not having any clear understanding of the character mechanics and their interaction, across the board, until after they have been released and trialed through the masses. They have a vision and direction they want to go for the future, but a severe lack of such for the present engineering within the game.

Get used to future toon abilities having multiple paragraphs going forward, or more than 2 Uniques. They’ll need it to be able to combat the ever growing trend of the insanely difficult previous character release mechanics. It’s a vicious cycle with no end in sight.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Just put a “once per turn” clause on the TM gain and cooldown reduction of Finn’s lead. That’ll leave Finn resistance squad virtually unchanged while putting an end to any infinite loops.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    This is yet another indicator of CG not having any clear understanding of the character mechanics and their interaction, across the board, until after they have been released and trialed through the masses. They have a vision and direction they want to go for the future, but a severe lack of the present engineering within the game.

I guess they know there mechanics. They just introduce way to many tm manipulation in this turn-based game. I never saw a game doing that and CG now maybe knows why.

They can't possibly know their own mechanics if they introduce a toon that adds 40 new ways to expose toons and they didn't possibly think to test it with zFinn the true king of exposes....
  • People are saying add stacking tenacity to raid Traya but what about character arena?
    zFinn team is capable of destroying entire teams without them ever taking single turn and the only thing that can stop him seems to be Nest which leads to time-out as she never gets to take a single turn in 5 minute fight.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Zinke7 wrote: »
    People are saying add stacking tenacity to raid Traya but what about character arena?
    zFinn team is capable of destroying entire teams without them ever taking single turn and the only thing that can stop him seems to be Nest which leads to time-out as she never gets to take a single turn in 5 minute fight.

Haven't seen any in arena.. Lol it isn't guaranteed to win by any means, and deff won't work against high tenacity teams like Jedi.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Zinke7 wrote: »
    People are saying add stacking tenacity to raid Traya but what about character arena?

Revan does this now, too. It’s part of how meta works. Regardless, F2P or small spenders were never supposed to compete with us whales. Why should they in a P2W type game? Don’t get me wrong, the less fortunate have their worth, too, just not at the top.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Zinke7 wrote: »

Revan does this now, too. It’s part of how meta works. Regardless, F2P or small spenders were never supposed to compete with us whales. Why should they in a P2W type game? Don’t get me wrong, the less fortunate have their worth, too, just not at the top.

Get over yourself. Not everyone commenting on this is doing so because they don't have 3PO. I got him the first time ftp. I can easily put a zeta on finn. I don't need to do so to compete. I already do just fine and reach the top 5 in both arenas frequently. And I score top 5 in raids ect.

So ftp can be competitive. The issue people are having is they don't want to invest in a team that wins in arena or raids by an exploit only to have it nerfed a week later. No one is griping that 3PO may become meta, though I just don't think he will. They are worried that it may not be working as the devs intend and don't want to invest in changing their teams or zetaing finn just to have it nerfed.
  • Why not just nerf the whole game and start from scratch. Or to make it simple start bringing more lobot/cup type toons. All new toons can be wet noodles from now on. No testing required. No nerfs needed. Nerf arenas so that everyone on a shard is forced to use the same noodles. Get rid of guilds and just do one person raids. Woo problem solved, I think?

Get over yourself. Not everyone commenting on this is doing so because they don't have 3PO. I got him the first time ftp. I can easily put a zeta on finn. I don't need to do so to compete. I already do just fine and reach the top 5 in both arenas frequently. And I score top 5 in raids ect.

So ftp can be competitive. The issue people are having is they don't want to invest in a team that wins in arena or raids by an exploit only to have it nerfed a week later. No one is griping that 3PO may become meta, though I just don't think he will. They are worried that it may not be working as the devs intend and don't want to invest in changing their teams or zetaing finn just to have it nerfed.

Kind sir, I equate F2P having meta toons like winning the lottery. It happens. You can compete, but you can’t continually do such. It is what it is.

As for getting over myself: Please don’t cash bash. We all deserve our ranks and worth in society. There’s always charities (just ask CubsFanHan).
    SnakesOnAPlane

I equate F2P having meta toons like winning the lottery. It happens.

As for getting over myself: Please don’t cash bash. We all deserve our ranks and worth in society.

You aren't better than anyone else because you chose to spend $300 to get revan. There are plenty of ftp players that could spend money but choose not to for whatever reason. The most notable is that the rewards for spending is temporary and not worth the money in my opinion when you can still use the previous meta and compete. The way you talk, it sounds like you think ftp are only like that because they aren't rich enough to compete with you financially and that makes you better than them. But you are not better because you spend money.
  • Some of the most well off people I've met are also some of the nicest genuine people you'll meet.

Then there's the other side....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Let's stay on topic please.
  • The approach I would much rather see, is a change to the raid mechanics. I feel if they adjusted the way Traya worked such as a stacking tenacity while toppled to prevent the exposes would be a good fix.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    Some of the most well off people I've met are also some of the nicest genuine people you'll meet.

Then there's the other side....

I agree. And some of them wouldn't spend a dime on a game like this. I've found many people who end up being millionaires are pretty frugal with their money. And plenty of people spend money they don't have on things they don't need. So how much you spend on a game like this is a poor indication of how much money you have.
  • Javik wrote: »
    The approach I would much rather see, is a change to the raid mechanics. I feel if they adjusted the way Traya worked such as a stacking tenacity while toppled to prevent the exposes would be a good fix.

But that negatively affects a whole load of teams, not just this one team. And also doesn't address the team in arena.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Javik wrote: »
    The approach I would much rather see, is a change to the raid mechanics. I feel if they adjusted the way Traya worked such as a stacking tenacity while toppled to prevent the exposes would be a good fix.

But that negatively affects a whole load of teams, not just this one team. And also doesn't address the team in arena.

I'm not sure how big of an issue it is in arena. Revan teams would resist enough to probably make it not work. And traya teams would likely have Nihilas gain enough tm when someone debuffs sion or traya to probably break the tm train. Yes, on offense, this can be overcome but I don't think it'd hold on defense. If that is the case, then it's not much different than Finn's lead was before in arena and likely won't show up a lot.
  • StarSon wrote: »

They can adjust it for HSR only and it wouldn't affect a load of teams. For it to affect a load of teams in p3 HSR it would first require there to be a load of teams that work in p3 HSR.
  • The easy fix is to make traya immune to expose in p3...so they will likely just nerf everything including Chex and give us the finger.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

They can adjust it for HSR only and it wouldn't affect a load of teams. For it to affect a load of teams in p3 HSR it would first require there to be a load of teams that work in p3 HSR.

As long as it doesn't also nerf chex or ns it won't affect other p3 teams. And neither of those teams rely on debuffs landing.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    everyone in my guild who has c3p0 has been testing him in every area they can. None suggest him for arena tho. It's not going to be a meta, cuz no matter how much you overclock their potency, there's too high a chance to resist. Once that happens, it's your random mix of already squishy toons against a meta team.. Not going to hold up long.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    For hsr, they could easily and simply raise traya tenacity slightly while toppled, so even with high potency there will be a higher chance to resist some of the exposes. It would still be effective to use, but not overly so. It would still grant a viable alternative to Chexmix/remix/sing
    Edit: or give p3 traya +1tm when hit during topple.
  • Gannon wrote: »
    everyone in my guild who has c3p0 has been testing him in every area they can. None suggest him for arena tho. It's not going to be a meta, cuz no matter how much you overclock their potency, there's too high a chance to resist. Once that happens, it's your random mix of already squishy toons against a meta team.. Not going to hold up long.

Yeah if sion gets a turn, mass dispel and all your translation goes away. If traya gets a turn, 3PO gets isolated and it's game over. If thrawn gets a turn, fracture 3PO and it's game over. If ep gets a turn, mass stun stops your tm train dead in it's tracks leading to all the other team getting a turn.
  • masternikolaos
    101 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Easy fix in order to nerf but not gimp the team is to have Traya gain enough TM under topple while a player character gets a turn so as to make it possible to do say a 3-5 million damage run. Mechanics change could read something like:

While Traya is toppled, she gains [X]% turn meter every time an enemy takes a turn. This turn meter gain cannot be prevented.

They could do the same with the tank raid but to such a degree that it wouldn't affect other teams like JTR, although I prefer for there to be the possibility of auto-ing the tank raid as at this point it's more of a chore than anything else. Plus the ZFinn team there should be proportional to the AAT raid's difficulty in relation to the current game power creep (requires CLS, Han, BB8, and C-3PO, which all take a good chunk of time an effor to acquire).

Furthermore, if the spirit of the game is also to aim to reduce the amount of time players spend in-game as was mentioned in a post many months ago, it makes sense for them not to nerf the team for the tank raid, but to nerf it Sith Raid to require enough investment in the player's roster so as to not make a whole phase trivial.
  • Easy fix in order to nerf but not gimp the team is to have Traya gain enough TM under topple while a player character gets a turn so as to make it possible to do say a 3-5 million damage run. Mechanics change could read something like:

While Traya is toppled, she gains [X]% turn meter every time an enemy takes a turn. This turn meter gain cannot be prevented.

DeathStorm intensifies
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • FishinChip1
    7 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Easy fix in order to nerf but not gimp the team is to have Traya gain enough TM under topple while a player character gets a turn so as to make it possible to do say a 3-5 million damage run. Mechanics change could read something like:

While I agree with your approach, it’s obvious you never read all of the previous posts/suggestions etc. I think the “once per turn” and “increasing tenacity” ideas are not good at all. And besides, there are a bunch of “irresistible” mechanics that would bypass tenacity. A simple small TM gain from taking dmg causes less butterfly effect (imo) than most other ideas suggested here.
  • Or give traya stacking tennacity while toppled when a negative effect lands until the topple ends. Then you could do the loop for awhile for dmg but eventually the tenacity gets too high and traya takes turns. If you can topple twice or more you get more dmg but no loop.