Change Traya, not Finn

Prev13456
Hey everyone,
Mr Crumb just posted about possibly "changing" Finn's lead or Traya's tenacity. I would like it better to change Traya, although that’s just my opinion.
If they change Finn, then he won’t probably work well in the HAAT.
I know many veteran players don’t care much for the HAAT anymore, but their are many players who do, including me. I would absolutely love it if they didn’t change Finn. Keep his zeta awesome.
@CG_SBCrumb said that they’ll change whatever the player base and the game would want. Let’s hope that’s true.
If that’s true, let’s all get together as a community as those who want ZFinn to stay the way he is and voice our desire in that aspect. Please comment below and voice whether you’d like that.
I do not want this to be a place of complaint against the devs. And please no arguing on this thread. If any feel the urge to prove that they’re right, take a deep breath and let it go.
Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/

Replies

• Oh yes please, leave zFinn C3PO to solo HAAT!
  • Keep Finn the same.

Heck, if you have to, you can even give Traya extra tenacity specifically against Expose. I always find it weird when something crops up with a generally used toon in a specific game mode the first choice of the Devs seems to be to change the generally used toon **in all cases** instead of changing that single, broken game mode.

If the toon was balanced before HSTR came out, then the toon is fine and any problems are with HSTR.
  • On the one hand I do want solo tank, on the other hand the fixes for traya would be upping tenacity which makes all debuffs on her useless or immunity to expose which just leaves door open to some other later inevevitble exploit
  • I literally just posted this 10 minutes ago and I’m already getting support for Finn. I know this is what the community wants!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • eben75IL wrote: »
    Oh yes please, leave zFinn C3PO to solo HAAT!

this
  • I’d like them to stop nerfing characters because of completely unrelated new things on other game modes too.
    Nightsister acolyte was executed so the new shiny Traya could live, it would be nice if Finn didn’t have to die for c3po to stay as is.
  • @Zombie961

But it really doesn't have to be that way.

It's just a game. There's no reason that you can't give Traya bonus tenacity **only** against Finn. If there's an infinite loop that only affects this game mode (or only matters in this game mode), then it's HSTR that's broken, not Finn.

HSTR is full of special, specific rules. It's not like Raid Traya is the same as the toon we get in the game. Likewise Nihilus and Sion. Other toons don't Summon new allies, etc. If what needs to happen to block the infinite loop is something **very specific** about the Traya/Finn interaction, that can be done and it won't be cheating, it won't be nerfing Finn (at least not in a general sense).

I'm all for making the smallest possible change that will end the inFinnite loop. I don't care how custom, how bespoke, how jury-rigged as long as Finn continues to act in the same way outside of HSTR. I mean, seriously, why should we, as gamers, care how specific the rules are? They have specific mechanics against Foresight. Why do you think that is? It's a nerf of specific toons that might be used in specific ways. Sure, it's more general than "Traya gets a bonus vs. JTR" but the reason it's there is very much about JTR.

Here's what I think should be done: Give Traya +10% Tenacity (stacking) each time Traya is exposed, which resets any time Traya kills one of the player's toons.

All the regular debuffs work just fine as long as you're not running them with someone dropping exposes. It makes it impossible to create infinite Expose loops. It solves the problem without disrupting anything at all, except teams that stack exposes like crazy. Teams that hit with an occasional Expose are going to be mostly okay, and even if that does limit things somewhat, those teams get to do some damage before the Tenacity gets out of control.
  • How about changing how 3PO interacts with just one raid boss.
  • No, better leave Darth Traya alone and let all strategies that existed before C3PO remain unaffected. I don't care about Finn, though I still think the best would be just to fix C3PO instead, as he is the new toon causing the problem.
  • Agree fix C3PO and how he interacts with treya. And I dont get how they say it's hard to test all interactions with a new toon when this loop was figured out in what, a few hrs or less of C3PO being released.
  • Messing with Traya or Finn seems to be making a change that could impact on a number of areas / teams that have been in pace for a long time. Don’t punish people farming to a known outcome by shifting the goal posts. Fix the one problem introduced , don’t suddenly nerf other toons. I agree with previous posts , bring in a rule so this and only this interaction is fixed ie Traya is immune to specific effects when C3p0 is presen t. I agree on waiting for complete information - as the one caveat is whatever you do needs to be a full and final solution , not a drip feed of point solutions like the Nightsisters changes.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    On the one hand I do want solo tank, on the other hand the fixes for traya would be upping tenacity which makes all debuffs on her useless or immunity to expose which just leaves door open to some other later inevevitble exploit

In hSTR debuffs are almost useless already.

I'd be much more annoyed if they mess with Finn's zeta. That's a much more disruptive change.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Fix C3P0. Treya and Finn weren't broken before C3P0, but now they are. Because of that they should fix the thing that caused the break. Just give Three p o a Nerf on raid bosses. That's the best fix.
  • T4NM4N26 wrote: »
    Fix C3P0. Treya and Finn weren't broken before C3P0, but now they are. Because of that they should fix the thing that caused the break. Just give Three p o a Nerf on raid bosses. That's the best fix.

Agree. Although I don’t think they’ll do anything with C3PO. They said only Finn and Traya seemed the logical solutions to fix.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I figure the options are, in order of likelihood:

A: Nerf Finn; either reduce the amount of TM his zeta grants when an Expose is popped, limit it to once per turn, or change the nature of his zeta entirely.

B: Give Traya some weirdly-specific mechanic that prevents this loop from working, like preventing TM gain effects while Toppled or something - notably this would also hinder, though not totally invalidate, the "Deathstorm" team.

C: Nerf C3P0 - make the unique that causes Rebel basics to Expose do something else, or make it only a % chance to Expose.

Finn nerf seems most likely since it fits their previous MO with the Acolyte nerf (I don't actually know what they did or what "Critolyte" was, if someone could explain that it'd be really neat) and prevents this team from any future goofy raid solos without having to include a specific boss ability that prevents one team from functioning.

Nerfing 3P0 seems least likely since he was just released and nerfing him is tantamount to admitting "We didn't test this "
    Post edited by Kyno on
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Jarvind wrote: »

A: Nerf Finn; either reduce the amount of TM his zeta grants when an Expose is popped, limit it to once per turn, or change the nature of his zeta entirely.

B: Give Traya some weirdly-specific mechanic that prevents this loop from working, like preventing TM gain effects while Toppled or something - notably this would also hinder, though not totally invalidate, the "Deathstorm" team.

C: Nerf C3P0 - make the unique that causes Rebel basics to Expose do something else, or make it only a % chance to Expose.

Finn nerf seems most likely since it fits their previous MO with the Acolyte nerf (I don't actually know what they did or what "Critolyte" was, if someone could explain that it'd be really neat) and prevents this team from any future goofy raid solos without having to include a specific boss ability that prevents one team from functioning.

Nerfing 3P0 seems least likely since he was just released and nerfing him is tantamount to admitting "We didn't test this."

This is the exact reason why this thread is here. To show how much we don’t want a nerf on Finn. Or "fix".
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Give traya stacking tenacity in topple, but have it decreased, like 10% tenacity per hit instead of 50%.
    Finn did nothing wrong. Neither did acolyte.
  • Sydre
    14 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Screw changing the raid or zFinn, fix the OP brokenness that is C3P0. It's almost like they didn't test 3p0 at all in the raid....maybe they should get some game changers to test things out first
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

Nerfing 3P0 seems least likely since he was just released and nerfing him is tantamount to admitting "We didn't test this ****."

This is the exact reason why this thread is here. To show how much we don’t want a nerf on Finn. Or "fix".

I get that, but it's the most logical solution. The same team also trivializes the other two raids, they just don't care about those because they aren't "end game content." But not nerfing the team itself (and again, a nerf to 3P0 seems very unlikely) means that every future raid (or similar event) will have to include mechanics that invalidate it. It seems much simpler to change one character than to forever be stuck preventing one specific team from working any time they build new content.

I'm not saying I want that to happen, just that it's the most likely.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Stack tenacity on Traya. Debuffs arent a big deal anyway in phase 3. The z-finn is useful elsewhere in other parts of the game other than raids. We cant rework every toon that comes out or mechanics that people have built strategy around for years at this point. 3 year player here. That zeta provides 2 full teams from that faction. Least impact is to adjust the raid.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Make an infinite loop counter. After so many attacks it shuts the team down. Leave her alone and everyone else.
    And really it’s only one part of the entire raid. It’s going to happen soon enough that we can solo an entire phase. Face the facts
  • I get the QA limitations….however… the guys who videod the AAT and hstr P3 solo runs, I'm pretty sure they didn't try 15000 different teams before they get to that one, it was the rather obvious team to try first!! I mean….it's not like the "unintended effects" occured with Jawas! It's with Rebels and Resistance, which was kinda realllllly easy to predict considering C3PO skills… you guys might think about hiring Skelturix for the QA, just saying...

My point? It already have an impact on the player base, with ppl **** off to have invested to get a char that finally won't deliver what we all see in the videos, with ppl stopping to play completely because they are bored to see the same pattern "almost" each time you release an op toon which get nerfed after ppl spend the so precious cash you want from us…

Personnaly, I would respond to you that the heroic Sith raid is the end game content because you guys are sloooooooooooooow to release new stuff… this raid is already boring SINCE MONTHS for most elite guilds & is almost one year old.. who cares really if an OP toon allows to auto a single phase? You already know it's gonna be impossible to replicate in P1-P2 and P4....so why throw a mega negative nerf to all of us instead of letting go for this one? Because you already know this is the end game content for the next couple of years? Meh.. :s

I beg you… if you guys are gonna do something, don't touch at Finn or C3PO!! The best option to keep your player base satisfied, BY FAR, is to modify Traya P3 in the raid like you said, nothing less, nothing more...

Crossing my fingers and whatever I can… >:)
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    So people wanted NS nerfed, and wanted Revan nerfed, and now they want C3PO nerfed.

You all never learn.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I've asked this before and know not to expect an answer, but if you guys do extensive testing then what the hell did you test that worked in p3 before releasing it to the public?
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    I've asked this before and know not to expect an answer, but if you guys do extensive testing then what the hell did you test that worked in p3 before releasing it to the public?

when they tested a revan team against nest, they couldnt beat her, so then they decided to nerf nest... that can give you an idea of how bad they play/test things?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • If they nerf c3po alot of people will be mad. If they nerf zfinn lead alot of people will be mad. Seems to me the smart play by cg would be to change raid traya by giving her stacking tenacity when toppled to resist expose. That's just my 2 cents though.