Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• EmeraldSpecterCom
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I’d like to be matched with opponents I might have a chance at beating. Right now I’m up against players who have multiples of squads that I can’t hope to defeat and I certainly can’t hope to defend against them. I’m done with GA until this is corrected because it isn’t fun to have my butt handed to me time after time.

Edited to remove language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Garbage event garbage rewards
  • PolskaStronaMocy
    30 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Liath wrote: »
    How to fix matchmaking? GP of player should be based only on top 15 toons for players up to 2 mln gp; 20 toons up to 3 mln GP; 25 toons for players up to 4mln GP; 30 toons for those above 4mln GP. Tadaaaa

What? At 3m gp you place 30 characters on defense and need about as many for offense. Why on earth would it only look at the top 20 characters?

To calculate your "usable" GP. I have 20 g12 toons. I fight against ppl with 40 g12 toons. GP of our top 30 toons is vastly different. So what we have same overall GP- I have no chance. Every collector like me will be loser in GA. Always. Forever.
  • I think it's great. A little long but otherwise good fun. Can't understand the complaints about gp not being a good way to match players. One play style likes to unlock all toons,one style likes to unlock then build before unlocking another. They both have benefit's and draw backs. People who unlock all toons have a mutch better chance of unlocking legendary toons when released, people who build sqauds do better in tw and Ga. Stop complaining about the choices you make.
  • I’m tired of this mode already. Can we shorten it please. 6 days is far too long.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    GiantFen wrote: »
    It would also be nice if we could see how many banners have so that we know, when we're going up against someone how many trophies we need to get to be able to actually win the overall bracket

Only one person can go 3-0 in the event. That person gets the overall trophy.

So banners are only determining who wins each round and they don't carry over through rounds?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    How to fix matchmaking? GP of player should be based only on top 15 toons for players up to 2 mln gp; 20 toons up to 3 mln GP; 25 toons for players up to 4mln GP; 30 toons for those above 4mln GP. Tadaaaa

What? At 3m gp you place 30 characters on defense and need about as many for offense. Why on earth would it only look at the top 20 characters?

To calculate your "usable" GP. I have 20 g12 toons. I fight against ppl with 40 g12 toons. GP of our top 30 toons is vastly different. So what we have same overall GP- I have no chance. Every collector like me will be loser in GA. Always. Forever.

It makes absolutely no sense to say that your “usable” GP consists of less than half the number of characters you need to use in the game mode.

If you have 20 g12 characters at 3m GP, the GP of those 20 g12 characters is going to be about the same as the GP of that other guy’s top 20 g12 characters so you would still get matched against him, and people way stronger than him too.
  • I liked the event, want to play again, and won my GA, shorten the periods to 12 hours and give better rewards comparable to the Zetas in TW. Say 1 zeta and 2 omegas for each round won instead of the 6* mod stuff.
  • Players that win will love the event, players that lose will hate the event. It's all strategy of what teams to place on defense and a bit of luck of what the opponents place. Yeah, you'll probably get a couple ravens, I did and I got matched against both. Lost one, beat one because they could not pass my defense, nor could I pass his revan, but enough to win.

My biggest take away to make more fair, since you only fight 3 matches out of 7, some players may have an easier road to win, but instead of win/loss for rankings, should be overall points, why should someone get penalized going against 2 of the hardest teams and take losses when someone else may never face them. Overall points would be more even I think and would love to see it that way.
  • Yeah 1 ga was fun. Not 3 in a row, was just boring, time consuming.
  • Already missing tw... so if we dislike grand arena we don't really have to enter or participate in the next match? I'm just missing out on mod slicing stuff and stun cuffs right?

Yes. You're just missing out on those items - unless they change the items.
  • Commander_Wolffe
    211 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Naraic wrote: »
    It would also be nice if we could see how many banners have so that we know, when we're going up against someone how many trophies we need to get to be able to actually win the overall bracket

Only one person can go 3-0 in the event. That person gets the overall trophy.

So banners are only determining who wins each round and they don't carry over through rounds?

Correct.

It's just like in sports. The number of goals you scored last game against another opponent, doesn't matter in your next game against a different opponent. Only whether you won or lost.
  • 7 days of basically a mini TW, you can defeat all your opponents teams in 1 attempt each time, 3 times over and still only end up with 40stun cuffs for a week's worth of effort. Not bothered with this game mode until the rewards are increased substantially
  • Are we getting another GA Directly after this one?.....I see a lot of gripes but I think this is the best game mode to date. Hope it runs non stop
  • I enjoyed it but I'm going to win. Matchup was fine I think as I was about the middle of the pack based on number of g12 toons and zetas. I had less than 1/2 the g12s and zetas than the top 2 or 3 players in my group I assumed I would be fighting for the 2-4 reward bracket. Then the actual fighting began and I quickly realized that 2/3 of my opponents had mods on their best toons that I would have sold for lack of speed or they had no concern for matched sets or what mods would benefit each toons kit.
  • StarWarsWantsTooMuch
    127 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    7 days of basically a mini TW, you can defeat all your opponents teams in 1 attempt each time, 3 times over and still only end up with 40stun cuffs for a week's worth of effort. Not bothered with this game mode until the rewards are increased substantially

that is the catch 22. if they make the rewards for this horrible feature better there will be a chunk of the base that quits because grand arena with better rewards makes this horrible feature even worse.

there are so many flaws within it that matchmakings is 80% the determination of who wins. if they want to thin out the playerbase then keeping grand arena and adding rewards sounds like a great strategy to do it.

even though i dont like grand arena i wont quit but i know a growing number that want to know if this bad feature grand arena is forced upon us in continuation after december.

running this as a special feature in December and doing it once a year or something is enough for this feature.
  • 7 days of basically a mini TW, you can defeat all your opponents teams in 1 attempt each time, 3 times over and still only end up with 40stun cuffs for a week's worth of effort. Not bothered with this game mode until the rewards are increased substantially

that is the catch 22. if they make the rewards for this horrible feature better there will be a chunk of the base that quits because grand arena with better rewards makes this horrible feature even worse.

there are so many flaws within it that matchmakings is 80% the determination of who wins. if they want to thin out the playerbase then keeping grand arena and adding rewards sounds like a great strategy to do it.

even though i dont like grand arena i wont quit but i know a growing number that want to know if this bad feature grand arena is forced upon us in continuation after december.

running this as a special feature in December and doing it once a year or something is enough for this feature.

"forced" upon you? If you don't like it, don't play it. I know a growing number that are enjoying it and would like it to happen on a regular basis.
  • what is with all the hate on GA? i love it even tho I lose. Yeah its a challenge...but that is what makes it fun! the game would be boring if there was no struggle and sense of achievement through victory. If you don't like a challenge go play Candy crush or some pitiful mobile game like that. Or how about this: don't join the GA match at all if it just offends you so much that you hate it! This is a fantastic game mode for pvp and the rewards are really good. the gold slicing mod material is a really good reward for each round. that would be an equivalent of 1800 guild store currency to buy that much for winning each round. That is a really good value for 2 day's worth of work. plus the achievemetns we get for doing GA are really amazing (who doesn't like zetas and omegas?). I'm glad this mode exists and so does a majority of those in my guild. It's about as close as we will get to true pvp in this game. I love TW also but this one seems more personally satisfying to me to be good at. In TW a guild can carry you to victory, but in GA its up to just you to do it.

"forced" upon you? If you don't like it, don't play it. I know a growing number that are enjoying it and would like it to happen on a regular basis.

Thats fine but it delays TW and progress from rewards there so it is directly effecting players just by existing regardless of if they participate or not
  • Citadel_of_Ricks
    229 posts Member
    edited December 2018

Thats fine but it delays TW and progress from rewards there so it is directly effecting players just by existing regardless of if they participate or not

The TW delay was a one time thing according to devs. Things happen. As far as the rewards, the person I replied to has been specifically complaining that the rewards are not worth it. So either the rewards are enough to help someone progress and the mode is worth playing or they aren't, it can't be both ways.

You can't use rewards being bad as a way to bash GA and then use rewards being too good to miss as a way to bash GA too.

• Gorem wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    There were 2 guys in GA which I thought had better rosters then me, like 24+ G12 and more zeta's ect. Both of them are not in the finals with me, and instead its someone with 2 G12 whose somehow won twice, I am so confused. lol.

Is the guy with 2 G12 hacking or something or are people just that bad at TW that they also are that bad in GA that they can somehow lose with more then 22 G12's then someone else who has 2?

It's also possible that they just didn't bother playing.

That's true, I went from expecting to come last, to expecting to come in the 7-2 range, and am now going to come first, lol. Thought at least the people with rosters would be trying.

grand arena is so horrible its not even worth playing imo. i won my first 2 battles and the process was so boring and not fun that i am not even going to play the final match.

i dont think i will even try in future grand arenas because the feature just is horribly designed and not what alot of the community is looking for. there are some that want this feature but if it is forced that you have to play this horrible feature then expect alot of battles where people dont even play and you might be able to win some battles that you shouldnt just because people dont care enough about this horrible feature

If you don't like it, don't play it but please put away your crystal ball of doom.

Some will like it and enjoy the content some will be ok with it and some will dislike it, pretty much like most things in life.

......then send a message to the champion letting them know they arent a champion.

I know you really don't like this aspect of the game, as you literally state so in every thread, even if it's not GA related. But the message you "think" you are sending to the the players, isn't conveying what you want. It clearly states that you're childish. Nothing more.
  • "forced" upon you? If you don't like it, don't play it. I know a growing number that are enjoying it and would like it to happen on a regular basis.

The TW delay was a one time thing according to devs. Things happen. As far as the rewards, the person I replied to has been specifically complaining that the rewards are not worth it. So either the rewards are enough to help someone progress and the mode is worth playing or they aren't, it can't be both ways.

You can't use rewards being bad as a way to bash GA and then use rewards being too good to miss as a way to bash GA too.

Arguing if you don't like it don't play it is not a good argument. People love this game when a game mode is introduced they want it to be the best it can be
  • So the person who finished 2nd (you know the runner up to the overall winner in the final match) gets the same rewards as 3rd and 4th?
  • So the person who finished 2nd (you know the runner up to the overall winner in the final match) gets the same rewards as 3rd and 4th?

There's no such thing as 2nd place or 3rd or 4th place. Each of those 3 players have won exactly 2 battles and lost 1 battle. This is not a bracket system.

Prizes are awarded for the total number of wins.

3 wins = top tier prize
    2 wins = 2nd tier prizes
    1 win = 3rd tier prizes
    0 wins = bottom level prizes
  • The event needs to be shorter - a week for this is way too long.

Make the cycle times 12 hours instead of 24. We get two tw’s fit into the same time as a grand arena with much better rewards.

Not possible because of time zones. I never even play in the first 12 hours.

As for GA in general, I like it. Rewards aren't bad and I can test teams I usually wouldn't in TW.
  • SmilinStonee
    195 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I was very skeptical about the matching during the first 2 test runs. Overall, i have to say matching for 2.5-3mil GP is reasonable. Even being outmatched by 20 zetas to 9, and underdogging g12s, the score marging was highly competitive. The feature of being able to check opponents roster is a huge plus for strategizing. Seems like after a few minor bugs get worked out, this event has great potential.

One thing that i would like to bring to attention are the rewards. Mod splicing for those who do not have alot of g12 toons is a double edged sword. In my opinion, something other than splicing materials should be available, on a rotation.(mk5 stun guns, mk5 droid callers, mk8 eyeballs for top prize) Give it a feel of generous raid rewards that are focused on hard to get gear. It would amp up the competition and immersion for enthisiasts.

All in all, looking forward to this game mode once it is fully ironed out.

Thank you all at CG for giving us this present for the Holidays. Hope you all have a wonderful vacation and come back to us with refreshed minds.
  • Citadel_of_Ricks
    229 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Arguing if you don't like it don't play it is not a good argument. People love this game when a game mode is introduced they want it to be the best it can be

Agree to disagree and I think you've backed the wrong horse. The person I responded to wanted to do away with the game mode entirely or have it once a year, not improve it. They somehow felt forced to play it (they are not). In the same vein, they commented that the rewards were no good, so another reason for them not play it. A quick fix for all of their problems is don't play it. Those are facts.
  • StarWarsWantsTooMuch
    127 posts Member
    edited December 2018

Agree to disagree and I think you've backed the wrong horse. The person I responded to wanted to do away with the game mode entirely or have it once a year, not improve it. They somehow felt forced to play it (they are not). In the same vein, they commented that the rewards were no good, so another reason for them not play it. A quick fix for all of their problems is don't play it. Those are facts.

i want options. i proposed in earlier posts that they they run a counter event for those that dont want to play grand arena that would solve alot of the problems. ive put up different options throughout the thread and have been only trying to improve things. all my posts are directed entirely at improving things so we dont lose more of the community. everyone seems to think this is just about themselves but the numbers and statistics of people leaving the game because of things like grand arena are alarming to me.

if we want to talk about facts at least represent them correctly. for the record i only want to see this game do well.
  • Arguing if you don't like it don't play it is not a good argument. People love this game when a game mode is introduced they want it to be the best it can be

all my posts are directed entirely at improving things so we dont lose more of the community. everyone seems to think this is just about themselves but the numbers and statistics of people leaving the game because of things like grand arena are alarming to me.

if we want to talk about facts at least represent them correctly. for the record i only want to see this game do well.

I'd also like to talk facts.
    Please share the numbers and statistics that you have regarding the "alarming" number of people that are leaving the game.

My guild experience, most seem to like it, some would rather have TW instead. This is a data point, it is by no means a statistic.