[Mega] 3v3 Grand Arena!

Prev13456713
Vampire_X
1435 posts Moderator
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
Hi Holotable Heroes,

The upcoming Grand Arena is going to have a different structure, this time squads are limited to a max of 3 characters. Battle Time will remain at 5 minutes and there will no Ship Territories. Read on to find more about the Grand Arena starting on 12/20/2018.

Rules:
  • Characters only
  • 4 Territories each side
  • 3 characters per squad
  • Same Banner scoring as mentioned here

There will be more squads slots for each territory than previously as each squad only requires 3 characters instead of 5.
awFxyMA.png
*Based on the lowest GP player in each group

Schedule:
  • Preview: Dec 20th
  • Setup 1: Dec 21st
  • Attack 1: Dec 22nd
  • Setup 2: Dec 23rd
  • Attack 2: Dec 24th
  • Setup 3: Dec 25th
  • Attack 3: Dec 26th
  • Review: Dec 27th

Rewards
Lxdhzfc.png
Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190560/3v3-grand-arena#latest

Crumb just posted the 3v3 Grand Arena and I'm looking forward to it, except...

xt07pfprw6mf.png

The rewards... #5-7 get 0 zetas and the number of character omegas are pretty low. The stun guns you get is far reduced than stun cuffs we got for the same placement.

I'm really looking forward to 3v3 but the reward pool needs to be less cheap. This is like weekly shipments where you start offering good rewards and then suddenly take a nosedive. Please don't ruin Grand Arena with meager rewards
  • GA seems fun..
    cg: let's ruin it
  • I just hate how they said they’d put the rewards from the missing TWs into GA...but I’m going from getting two zetas in TW to getting zero zetas in GA.

Guess it’s great for ppl who can finish top 4, but everyone else is losing out on zeta mats.
  • And take a look, that's not even mkV stun guns, it's mk12. Not that it's bad, but it's very specific. I'm not liking these rewards
  • 3vs3. Nice. Teams we can test against opponents anywhere. Don’t like it at all. I will say it’s a great idea if I didn’t think it’s stupid
  • A game mode that changes every time it launches? Cool! I think ... yes, yes it does sound interesting!
    Cheers
  • even if you place 1 you lose a lot compared to tw
    no guild currency, no GET, less omegas, no credits, salvage you get from tw
    and that is just for first place
    dont even wanna talk about 5-8
  • These are not anywhere near top guild TW rewards. Well played CG, well played.

So tired of the way the devs ruin the game. :(
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • More Zetas for low GP folks, less for high gp folks. We also lose currency and g12 salvage. Even if I get 1st, this is less than TW rewards. Merry Christmas.
  • Due to how Territory War rewards can vary based on several factors, some players at very high GP brackets may receive less rewards depending on where they place in Grand Arena but the majority of players will receive more than they would have earned

I know math can hard, but I'm pretty sure 50% of the people would have done better than 0 zetas if TW had occurred.
  • Keydash1 wrote: »
    More Zetas for low GP folks, less for high gp folks. We also lose currency and g12 salvage. Even if I get 1st, this is less than TW rewards. Merry Christmas.

Precisely this. Yet another example of CG "fixing" something by making it worse for the players.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Not this again.

nuu369wm02d2.gif

• The 3x3 format is a nice idea but fails with the number of teams that have to be deployed or used for attack. 22 teams for anyone over 4mil. The time to figure it out let alone the time to actually fight. Then you have the rest of the game areas to play.

Then you have the missing rewards for those that would of gotten zetas in a TW, but in this format if you’re not one of the top 4 you just lost out on zetas you would of gotten in the TW.
  • Yeah, I don't generally post, but this is less than desirable. Without just useless complaining, CG I would prefer it if you prioritized TW's in the future as the rewards are more desirable to the majority of the community (from what I can tell) than these rewards are. Please read our words and think about this thread the next time an issue like this arises. Thank you.
  • Please delete GA from the game
  • Did they say GA will be run instead of TW or in addition to? Will be very disappointed if its instead of.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Did they say GA will be run instead of TW or in addition to? Will be very disappointed if its instead of.

They didn't say, only that it would replace TW in December. And that they'd give us equivalent rewards, which has failed to happen.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CG- with 3v3 how are we supposed to complete these quests that require you to fight with an undermanned squad? 2 vs 3??? Seems like a stretch
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    CG- with 3v3 how are we supposed to complete these quests that require you to fight with an undermanned squad? 2 vs 3??? Seems like a stretch

I guess...don't?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CG- with 3v3 how are we supposed to complete these quests that require you to fight with an undermanned squad? 2 vs 3??? Seems like a stretch

Uh...yes. Heck, depending on how your opponent prioritizes offense/defense you might even be able to go 1 vs 3. Otherwise...wait til the next event with 5v5.

Personally I hope that the future includes 5v5 and 3v3 territories in the same event rather than full events of one or the other.
  • Why no 7vs7? Or 1vs1? Or 35vs35? Teams with 8 tanks, 7 healers and 9 supports would be awsome. And 5 minutes of battle of course. And why no ships? That’s mechanic racism. How can I kill Revan with 3 toons? I hope my opponents have less interest in this than I have. That won’t be easy
  • I feel the CG thinks that the rewards for the quests that they have running will make up for the lost zeta's.
  • What a terrible idea.

1. The rewards suck. Thanks for cancelling TW for this!
    2. 3v3 cannot be practiced
    3. It'll run over Christmas, so don't even have time to theorycraft teams
    4. Mods lock, so connected to (2) and (3), if you realize halfway through you would have a counter, but you need different mods, well, too bad.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Seems like this is probably their response to the people joining and doing nothing just to get their rewards. Now, you actually have to win to earn rewards.
  • TVF wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    Did they say GA will be run instead of TW or in addition to? Will be very disappointed if its instead of.

They didn't say, only that it would replace TW in December. And that they'd give us equivalent rewards, which has failed to happen.

This is something that you and I definitely agree on. ;)

• Agh! Yay! This sounds a lot more fun. Better theory crafting, omegas and zetas! Great job devs, very excited for this.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Crumb said, and I quote:
    I’m sure for many of you your first question concerns Territory Wars rewards you would have received! You will still receive comparable rewards for the removed Territory Wars as we will be adding the typical TW rewards into the Grand Arena for this month. We will have more info on the adjusted rewards in a future post.

NOTE: Due to how Territory War rewards can vary based on several factors, some players at very high GP brackets may receive less rewards depending on where they place in Grand Arena but the majority of players will receive more than they would have earned. The current Grand Arena event does not contain these additional rewards but upcoming Grand Arena events will have December’s Territory Wars rewards folded into them.

So this was apparently a straight up lie? The rewards outlined in the most recent post don't even come close to rewards we'd get from Territory Wars. No guild store currency. No GET. Mod salvage instead of gear salvage, and useless Mk12 salvage as outlined in other posts. Not to mention fewer zetas and omegas than we would otherwise get—and that's if we WIN! If we're in the bottom half of our groupings, we'll get nothing?

I'm hoping you're planning on handing out actual recompense to all players, CG, otherwise your choice to remove the TWs amounts to a lie and a nerf rolled into one. A 'lerf' if you will.

(And I'm saying this as someone who really enjoys Grand Arena. But these rewards are an insult.)
  • The rewards are terrible for a week of battling with 3vs3 teams we have little to no experience with using. Especially if you come in 5-8.
  • What a crock. I went from getting zeta's in TW this month to now probably getting none because I keep getting matched against squads with revan and Traya. Thanks for nothing.
  • The rewards are terrible for a week of battling with 3vs3 teams we have little to no experience with using. Especially if you come in 5-8.

So would you rather go back to when the rewards were no zetas?
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/