[Mega] 3v3 Grand Arena!

Replies

• Uh...so what we gonna do? Prepare tons of duo like wiggs chaze han+chewie ani+asohka?
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    GA rewards are in ADDITION to tw rewards....they'll be delivered according to the posted schedule....unless ur in a high gp guild, they say they'll be better than u could have gotten otherwise....it helps to actually read the posts from cg instead of just reacting as if the sky is falling
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Just seen the stun guns are actually Mk5 stun guns, rewards are good, moving on.

Now onto 3v3 team make ups, gonna take a lot of work to nail this down with how many we need.

(Edit: Basically ignore my entire earlier post, it was based on a pre-edited post from Crumb, zeta's are given to 5-7 now and the stun guns are actually useful)
  • So let's say that you do have the 22 leaders ready to go. Do you also have up to 55 mins every other day for 11 attacks. That's potentially 4 hours of combat for this grand arena. Yeah I have that kind of time over the Christmas to play on my phone. Just another poorly thought out idea.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    More Zetas for low GP folks, less for high gp folks. We also lose currency and g12 salvage. Even if I get 1st, this is less than TW rewards. Merry Christmas.

Precisely this. Yet another example of CG "fixing" something by making it worse for the players.

The top reward should be the minimum reward. If you don’t place first, GA is a not even worth the time and effort for these rewards. Sad.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    More Zetas for low GP folks, less for high gp folks. We also lose currency and g12 salvage. Even if I get 1st, this is less than TW rewards. Merry Christmas.

Precisely this. Yet another example of CG "fixing" something by making it worse for the players.

The top reward should be the minimum reward. If you don’t place first, GA is a not even worth the time and effort for these rewards. Sad.

Then dont get last....pretty simple
  • They are probably realising (i hope) rather soon that a lot of people do not like GA, and once the initial "trial" period, and (hopefully) when TW is back, people wont really play GA. They'll sign up to get free rewsrds, and maybe put thought in Def and Off here snd there, but theyre realising they spent lots of time on something no body wanted and most dislike.
    All of the time you spent creating this, could have gone to fixing all of the little broken things still in game. Oh yeah, can you fix cantina and battles (light & dark) so that it stays on the same fight and doesnt reset everynight? [This feature was broke when you implemented the first GA]

Now since you have a seperate arena setup, why not chabge it in a way so that guildies can use it to practice against each other. YOU KNOW, LIKE EVERYONES BEEN ASKING FOR FOR YEARS? Heck, could even put in a bet feature so we can bet gear or credits etc. "I see your 50,000 training droids and i raise you 15,000 sim tickets" =8^)
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    uno wrote: »
    GA rewards are in ADDITION to tw rewards....they'll be delivered according to the posted schedule....unless ur in a high gp guild, they say they'll be better than u could have gotten otherwise....it helps to actually read the posts from cg instead of just reacting as if the sky is falling

It would have helped if they had posted the rewards update at the same time as the 3x3 update instead of several hours later. What was the point of that, other than to have a laugh at us?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • So will matching be based solely on character gp vs total gp?
  • 10 squads required on defense for me? So 10 more minimum for offense. Let's pretend for a second I have 20 minimum worthwhile leaderships.i need to relearn how to build 20 teams minimum around those leaderships with 3 man squads instead of 5. Then I have to do the hours of research each round to figure out how best to use those 20+ team against each individual opponent each round. If you would like to offer me a full time position and pay me to do this I'm all in. Otherwise I will join for minimum rewards but I won't play it. I will not play this game mode this way
  • Looking forward to it. Will enjoy coming up with a lot of interesting trios to use.

Unfortunately I won't get any zetas, since the matchmaking punishes me for having levelled and geared up the bottom of my roster. I do agree with others that rewards should be more evenly distributed, especially in light of the fact that the matchmaking is how it is.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Again if calculations for matchup include ship GP im facing 4-10 more g12 char (depending on matchup)

If there is a GA with no ships then ship GP should not count in calcs

Have they addressed this or at least acknowledge its an issue cause now im at risk of getting 0 zetas cause no ships
  • Okay, so the rewards are fine now. I actually like GA. There's a real strategy to choosing your teams. The number of teams needed is high enough that you need to dig into your sketchier G10 and under characters. People who work at the strategy of managing their roster resource will be rewarded. 10 fights for 3v3 is a lot, but still less time than I spend on a NS HSTR run.
  • December is now worse than august because of grand arena.

man this month couldnt fly by quick enough so we dont have grand arena anymore and they go back to normal business. raids and real events not this
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    December is now worse than august because of grand arena.

man this month couldnt fly by quick enough so we dont have grand arena anymore and they go back to normal business. raids and real events not this
    You do know your guild can still launch raids and events are still ongoing... like the C3PO event that dropped in the middle of Grand Arena, and Credit Heist today
  • IF IT AINT BROKE... DONT FIX IT. Jeez. Ruining this game. Terrible idea. If 2 guilds go head to head then 50 get 3 zetas plus omegas and purple mats. The other 50 get 2 zetas plus the other stuff. In this mode out of 100 ppl only 25 get 3 zetas. and 50!!! get no zetas at all. Not to mention this takes TWICE AS LONG as TW. Stop ruining this game. Admit you messed up, give everyone first place rewards. And move on.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Witness wrote: »
    IF IT AINT BROKE... DONT FIX IT. Jeez. Ruining this game. Terrible idea. If 2 guilds go head to head then 50 get 3 zetas plus omegas and purple mats. The other 50 get 2 zetas plus the other stuff. In this mode out of 100 ppl only 25 get 3 zetas. and 50!!! get no zetas at all. Not to mention this takes TWICE AS LONG as TW. Stop ruining this game. Admit you messed up, give everyone first place rewards. And move on.

They giving zetas out in prize boxes
  • What are the mk12 stun guns needed for?

Only mk5 exist in my mind
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    So let's say that you do have the 22 leaders ready to go. Do you also have up to 55 mins every other day for 11 attacks. That's potentially 4 hours of combat for this grand arena. Yeah I have that kind of time over the Christmas to play on my phone. Just another poorly thought out idea.

My math skills might be rusty but how do you get 4 hours from 55 minutes x 3 days? That's not even 3 hours, let alone 4. Plus, let's be real here...not many of those matches are going to go the full 5 minutes, especially with only 3 toons on each side. If you don't think the time commitment for the rewards is worth it, then the solution is simple....don't join. It's a video game...it's supposed to be fun and enjoyable...it's not just about min/maxing rewards per second of time spent on the game or getting showered with rewards for playing the game.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    So let's say that you do have the 22 leaders ready to go. Do you also have up to 55 mins every other day for 11 attacks. That's potentially 4 hours of combat for this grand arena. Yeah I have that kind of time over the Christmas to play on my phone. Just another poorly thought out idea.

My math skills might be rusty but how do you get 4 hours from 55 minutes x 3 days? That's not even 3 hours, let alone 4. Plus, let's be real here...not many of those matches are going to go the full 5 minutes, especially with only 3 toons on each side. If you don't think the time commitment for the rewards is worth it, then the solution is simple....don't join. It's a video game...it's supposed to be fun and enjoyable...it's not just about min/maxing rewards per second of time spent on the game or getting showered with rewards for playing the game.

Agree with your assessment on the time but the whole “love it or leave it” logical fallacies are really getting old around here
  • uno wrote: »

The rewards look great when you consider that. 12 zeta materials even if you dont win a GA match. I like the 3v3 idea. Changing rule sets keeps the mode from becoming stale.
  • No fleet? its unfair.. :( Using ship GE to calculate total and not allow to use them?
  • Grand Arena is Good the change to 3vs3 is bad.
  • I despise the switch to 3v3. This literally changes the entire gameplay. I don’t really want to learn a new style of play, and spend time working on it too. This isn’t the game we prepped for.
  • Boo on no ship battles. 1/3 or more of your GP is your ships. If matching is based on GP, why cut out a huge portion of it? There is a part of the game called ship arena. So if this is the grand arena, why not include both parts of the arena? And since people call this a mini TW and ships is in TW too, then why not include?

If anything they should have 2 ship defense placements since most good players have at least one. Taking down two would make it much more interesting.

Face palm!!!
  • TaviRus
    172 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    So...rewards are absolute crap compared to TW. This is instead of TWO territory wars. first place is down on zetas. hell, bottom half are getting 0 zetas instead of 4. That ignores all the currency and salvage we get from TW. Either you guys complete spaced that you canceled two TW this month, or you're horrifically overvaluing mod salvage. Also, why in the name of all things sacred is the 1 win bracket not getting a zeta? 3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd and 0 for last makes a lot more sense than 3, 2, 0, 0.

And then you expect us to field at least 48 characters. (my bracket numbers) down 2 from previous TW, but you need 16 Leaderships. SIXTEEN. 60% more leaderships to figure out from last GA.
    Maybe you should have made 1-2 sections 3v3 and then the rest normal. Or just had 1 section 3v3.

Less rewards for more work....This is crap.
    edit: just saw the post from crumb here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190431/update-on-december-grand-arena-and-territory-wars-rewards#latest
    We're getting mailed rewards in addition to the GA rewards. Inbox Rewards:
    Guild Currency x1,600
    Guild Event Tokens x500
    Credits x650,000
    Ability Material Mk3 x5
    Omega Ability Material x4
    Zeta Ability Material x3
    Assorted Gear Salvage
    Inbox Dates:
    12/19 UTC 8:00 am - Last for 3 days in the inbox
    12/23 UTC 8:00 am - Last for 3 days in the inbox
    12/27 UTC 8:00 am - Last for 3 days in the inbox
    12/31 UTC 8:00 am - Last for 3 days in the inbox
    So, my mistake.
    Post edited by TaviRus on
  • Why no ship????????
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Did you just title this “mega” to get everyone to post in it?

Brilliant...

It will be fun... something different at least (and that’s a breath of fresh air in itself)
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Yomama wrote: »
    Boo on no ship battles. 1/3 or more of your GP is your ships. If matching is based on GP, why cut out a huge portion of it? There is a part of the game called ship arena. So if this is the grand arena, why not include both parts of the arena? And since people call this a mini TW and ships is in TW too, then why not include?

If anything they should have 2 ship defense placements since most good players have at least one. Taking down two would make it much more interesting.

Face palm!!!

Agree 💯 %

I would love two ship areas except a ton of player could never ever clear it... im for it but only cause i could probably clear it. But for the majority of people having 2 ship areas pointless till we ger more ships or capitals