Unquie buffs

I know its a stupid question but does anyone have a list of the unquie buffs that count for the grand arena quest?

Replies

• LCplRoss wrote: »
    I know its a stupid question but does anyone have a list of the unquie buffs that count for the grand arena quest?

No list but off the top of my head the toons with unique buffs

BB8
    Threepio
    Cls
    Hy

I’m guessing BB8 would be best for that mission.
  • Hmmm ok thx for the help
  • Bb8s does not count
  • Ouch that sucks what about prepared or the bounties?
  • I got 1/20 for that quest must have been sion?
  • Ugh BB8 would’ve been perfect.

Scoundrel team is a good call too.
  • Heras backup plan might count not too sure.
  • Held by Hatred
    Bounty Hunter's Resolve
    Master's Training
    Back-Up Plan
    Call to Action

Secret Intel doesn't count, by that logic Translation also shouldn't count.
    I think it's only the icons with a lock that contribute to the Grand Arena quest.
  • Either the quest is bugged, or the quest description is wrong.

BB-8's Covert Data Transfer explicitly calls out Secret Intel as a Unique buff, but it doesn't proc the quest.

It appears the quest is actually asking for locked buffs, rather than unique buffs, so the fastest way might be zBast lead on a squad with Hoda. If Bastila's lead doesn't work, then it's probably asking for unique locked buffs, which is a rather specific combination.
    Still not a he.
  • Call to Action isn't a buff so it shouldn't work
  • Wampa also has buff that counts
  • I haven't noticed wampas protection up counting. If it does, bastilas should too.
    Prepared definitely doesn't.

• Mon_Toph
    54 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Thrust reversal also works ( Falcon ep8 unique buff) iirc every stack counts seperately for the quest, so you can get a lot from 1 match.
    Poes ship dramatic entrance works too.
    Afterburner (kru ship reinforcement ability) should work too. havent tested the last one
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Either the quest is bugged, or the quest description is wrong.

BB-8's Covert Data Transfer explicitly calls out Secret Intel as a Unique buff, but it doesn't proc the quest.

It appears the quest is actually asking for locked buffs, rather than unique buffs, so the fastest way might be zBast lead on a squad with Hoda. If Bastila's lead doesn't work, then it's probably asking for unique locked buffs, which is a rather specific combination.

We've tagged the developers in another thread about this very issue. So far it's been ignored and I'm guessing it will never be acknowledged. Literally one battle using BB8 should be enough to fulfill the requirements.
  • Which is why they excluded it...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Which is why they excluded it...

I think you are givimg them too much credit. They just screwed up again, plain and simple.
  • Problem is that is specifically calls secret Intel a unique buff in bb8s kit so kind of ridiculous that it doesn't count...
  • I was 19/20 after using bast and hy and cls. I didn’t think I had anything else left... thank god for Jango! Got it.
  • I was 19/20 after using bast and hy and cls. I didn’t think I had anything else left... thank god for Jango! Got it.

So it works for bastila's unique but not bb8s? Good grief...
  • What about ships like the after burner or master plan? Or is it just characters?
  • It looks like Frenzy from Bistan and Bossk is counting too.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Secret Intel from bb8 is not advancing the "Tactical Genius" quest right now. This has been flagged as a bug on AnswersHQ - the appropriate place to report a bug.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Bug-with-GA-quest/m-p/7282464#M21204
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    @Kisakee which is hilarious because neither character lists those as a "unique buff". Yet BB8 does...

At least Bistan has the yellow text...Bossk doesn't.
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    It looks like Frenzy from Bistan and Bossk is counting too.
    I used Bossk's, and it definitely did not increment my counter.
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Secret Intel from bb8 is not advancing the "Tactical Genius" quest right now. This has been flagged as a bug on AnswersHQ - the appropriate place to report a bug.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Bug-with-GA-quest/m-p/7282464#M21204
    As is the Grand Arena bug megathread where they've asked us to post Grand Arena bugs.
    Still not a he.
    Kisakee wrote: »
    It looks like Frenzy from Bistan and Bossk is counting too.
    I used Bossk's, and it definitely did not increment my counter.

If that's the case it means BH Resolve counts even if you gain it right after the battle started, otherwise i don't know where this comes from with Bossk, Boba, Embo, Dengar and Zam.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    If that's the case it means BH Resolve counts even if you gain it right after the battle started, otherwise i don't know where this comes from with Bossk, Boba, Embo, Dengar and Zam.
    Yes, Bounty Hunter's Resolve absolutely counts. I've confirmed that one, and sent my 3* G7 Jango into fights just to take advantage of it.
    Still not a he.
    As is the Grand Arena bug megathread where they've asked us to post Grand Arena bugs.

And this thread is neither. :tongue:
  • No, but I've posted about it in that thread, too.
    Still not a he.
  • The Falcon and Poe's afterburners count
  • The Falcon and Poe's afterburners count

Wonder if mace’s endurance buff counts as well