GA matchmaking is perfect

2Next

Replies

• I got matched against 2 guys with very few g12 and Zetas. Their mistake was to take every toon to level 85 (and I don't even know how that's possible). They had around 10 g12 while the rest of us had more than 40. That's a clear mismatch.

(I wish I could have fought any of them, I was matched against the other 3 that were similar to me 😅 )
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Dinghy wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    2 players starting the game at the same time will end up with different amount of zetas. Its not fair to have 1:1 zeta count. Not all zetas are game changers and just like the squad arena, you have to find ways to overcome players with more zeta than you by being resourceful

I agree that not all Zetas are equal, but the idea isn't so much centered around the power of the Zetas but rather the investment into the squads that have Zetas. That would give a more accurate matchup in terms of viable squads between the two players. Having it scaled further based on GP would help mitigate the toon-heavy-but-low-zeta matchmaking issues that could arise.

In any event, it's a much better system then the lazy "pure GP" method. I shouldn't be penalized for farming and unlocking toons by then being paired with someone who has identical GP, but has more than 20 Zetas than I do.

I have seen people with zetas on g8 characters. Sometimes people apply zetas because it will get them over a hump in a particular game mode and not because they plan to work on a whole team around that character.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Kialandi wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

You have 99 g11 toons and he has 74 (you aren't farming the gear to push to g12)
    You have more character GP than he does, your roster depth is greater, and your g11 should be able to overcome g12 teams (its doable)

Its not a bad match

I think you messed up the numbers. You looked at 7* stars characters and not the gear.
    I have 4 G12 characters and 7 G11. He's got 33 G12 and 1 G11.
    Also my 12 zetas against his 24 zetas.
    Sorry. You are right. That is an awful match up.

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    As long as they continue to differentiate between Revan and "don't have Revan" owners, I agree. The matchmaking has been good.

There are 4 players with revan in my GA matchup. First place doesnt have revan. 2 players with revan are in 5-7 place.

Finals matchup was
    2-0: Revan vs no revan
    1-1: revan vs revan and revan vs no revan

Meaning 2 players with revan lost to players without revan in the finals. First placed player also beat at least 2 players with revan on the way up.

Tldr: revan is beatable just stop whining
  • Ultra wrote: »

Sorry. You are right. That is an awful match up.

The worst thing about this match up is that I was not the weakest member of our little group. I placed 2-4# which means there were 4 players with even lower chance of winning.
    Well, it's not like anyone of us had a chance against him. The other finalist had only 14 G12...
  • The biggest issue i have with the matchmaking by pure gp , is ships. You can't use the wasted resources , smart management excuse for them. Ship mats and gear is plentiful compared to the amount of ships. But even though ships is 45% of my gp, it counts for less than 20% of the banners earnable. Thats pretty silly. Plus the ships can be locked behind toons , so i might not even get to battle the opponents ships.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    The worst matchmaking is us and the promised rewards that are missing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Yeah as a comment to all, didn't mean to say that GA is perfect. But that the pure gp matchmaking should be left alone.
  • The main trouble with using GP for matchmaking is that even more than gear, good MODS win matches. Not to take away from the strategy side of things (which is obviously huge), take a look at the speed of the mods in that snapshot. Close to double the 10+ speed mods, and an even bigger gap than that is. And the gp for a +5 speed gold mod is exactly the same as for a +20. So really, if you want to win in GA, all you need to do is have an advantage in quality mods.
    That and strategy, obviously. Fast toons won’t help if you don’t know how to use them.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    The worst matchmaking is us and the promised rewards that are missing.
    Barack-Cheesin.jpg

Quality post
  • You spent 8 hours theory crafting for GA????

Also, your opponents traya is garbage.

But good win.
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    You spent 8 hours theory crafting for GA????

Also, your opponents traya is garbage.

But good win.

The process didn't take 8 hours but happened over 8 hours yeah... It was well worth it. Realized things such as

1. Jedi crush thrawn lead because they don't give off hardly any debuffs,
    2. Ewoks crush phoenix because they are constantly stealthed and cut turn meter
    3. What order everyone will go in due to mods and or other game mechanics

Thanks dude.

• I repeat "zetas don't win matches, characters don't win matches, and gear doesn't win matches, more speed mods don't win matches Good players win matches. (Match confirmed to be done by opponent)

gv78gdqsl6cj.jpg
    vxjbbsoa1kgf.jpg
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    more speed mods don't win matches

Maybe not at the margins but I keep getting matched with people that have 0-5 characters with +60 or more speed. Even if we had identical rosters otherwise that makes for a pretty big difference.
  • Dinghy wrote: »
    Personally, if someone is wasting a zeta on a g8 toon, that's truly foolish regardless of the intent. But also, if that person has the zeta to use on a g8 toon, then they probably have a plethora of them already.

It doesn't have to be a 1:1 ratio either. I'd say a more of "within 5" would be suffice.

It's not necessarily foolish. When LSTB was fairly new, a frequent piece of advice was to slap a zeta on a g8 Finn to clear the harder LS missions. Gear on that team wasn't necessary, because you could easily outmod wave 1, and once your tm train started rolling you could roll over the team. People who don't have great mods might have decided to drop a zeta on a lower geared phoenix member to get thrawn, because zetas are still easier to come by than the insane number of stun guns it takes to get your phoenix from g8 to g9.
  • I repeat "zetas don't win matches, characters don't win matches, and gear doesn't win matches, more speed mods don't win matches Good players win matches. (Match confirmed to be done by opponent)

I have a good opponent this round. He doesn't have Revan, but otherwise has a very solid roster. His top end mods are as good as mine -- we both have 7 20+ speed mods, he has 42 to my 47 15+ speed mods.

Revan wasn't a stumbling block for him -- he dropped it in a single shot (has a top-10 CLS team). However, he ultimately couldn't get through my traya team (he saved his own for offense). The likeliest issue is that he has 120 10+ speed mods; I have 218. I was faster than multiple of his second tier defensive teams, because I have a lot deeper bench of speed secondaries, so I can have appropriate sets with speed on them. My triumvirate was overall faster than his. Speed can certainly make a difference; there's a reason why speed is usually considered the meta.