C3 help - just beating T5 is a nightmare

https://swgoh.gg/p/443194989/characters/?f=Ewok

Those are my bears. I cant come remotely close to beating T5 let alone later tiers. I keep seeing threads where people are getting 7* C3PO with similar squads to mine (meaning no Wicket or Logray). I dont get it... Been playing since Dec '15 so should have had all the bears worked up better but it is what it is right now. I am fine moving more mods for better speed. I dont have a couple omegas that did not seem worth it. I have zetas I can spend but seemed a little ridiculous to require a zeta to get a 5* toon.

This event and Chewie have really turned me off on the game. I am 100% OK with hard or even difficult. When it is strictly an RNG fest unless you have a maxed out G12 super squad (and even then it can be difficult) then it just sucks the fun out of the game. I remember how hard the original GMY event was unless you got that magic last squad to face. Same with some others. But Chewie and C3 have just been a complete coin flip for winning or losing. Chewie took me literally hundreds of resets and tries just to get him at 6*. C3 is going past that already and I dont even have him unlocked.

Any suggestions other than farm Wicket and Logray and wait for next time? I'd seriously be happy to just to unlock right now.

Replies

• I got him to 6* with that group but you will need zetas on Chirpa and Paploo and good mods.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Zeta Chirpa for the assists.
    Remod Scout to get the critical damage boost (swap EE and his Triangle). You want EE to be well guarded and protected for those revives.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I was able to beat the 5* tier with the same line-up you have except I had Chirpa, Elder, and Teebo at G10 and Paploo and Scout at G9. I had the zeta on Chirpa's lead though and, as painful as that was to do, it does really help with the extra assists you get.

I would definitely use loadouts and do some re-modding. I would put health primaries on Elder and drop the CD triangle as he doesn't do much damage anyway. Elder heals for 30% of his max health on his special so bumping up his health helps everyone. I would get a Speed set on Chirpa and get some health primaries on him. He's not a big damage dealer either....you want his two specials up as often as possible to get the mass assist and the buffs as often as possible. For Scout, as mentioned above, I would get a CD primary on the triangle slot...he's your main damage dealer and his kit is crit heavy....I'd also switch up his cross to an offense primary...his base health is so low that it's not even worth trying to boost it much, you'd rather have that extra offense on his attacks to down Chewie and Han quicker. As for Teebo, I'd try to get a speed arrow on him and then maybe switch up one of the other primaries from protection to health...you need him dispelling that Commando's taunt and controlling turn meter so more speed helps a lot with him. For Paploo, I'd get a speed set on him, an arrow with speed primary and swap one of the other protection primaries for a health one....he can't take a ton of damage in this event so it's hard to just pure "tank" it and he'll probably need to be revived at some point....his dispel on his basic is key to get rid of that Commando taunt though and he can also cleanse debuffs so you want him going as often as possible.

The instinct is to mod for survivability but that opening salvo and the second one are so random and RNG-dependent that you can't really boost defense and protection enough anyway. Once protection is gone and you start healing and reviving Ewoks, protection stats will be useless...I think you're better off going with more health over protection due to the heals, revives and Chirpa's heal buff. I tried switching up and going more defense and protection heavy and it really made no difference in how well I survived the initial onslaught. More speed worked much better as I was able to attack and buff more often to down them quicker before those big attack chains fired off. I would just keep re-starting it until you get Chewie not under stealth with Elder still in good shape. Also, I would use Paploo's dispel to keep buffs off as many as possible...his basic doesn't do much damage so if your main target doesn't have any buffs and Paploo is up, then use his basic to dispel the buffs off one of the others if possible (i.e., if they aren't under stealth) to keep them from hitting as hard while you're grinding them down.
  • Thanks for the tips! I will give it a go again this evening.
  • My ewoks were gear 9 so give them your best mods.
  • I took about 15-20 tries on tier 5. Then I beat tiers 6 and 7 first try. It’s all RNG.
    They saw that doing nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    - Winnie the Pooh
  • Unfortunately, RNG has a lot to do with it. Even with Wicket and Logray I had to put the zeta on Chirpa just to get through tier 5. I had to add gear levels and move mods around to get the 7*, and that was mostly due to a good run where toons barely hung on so I could either heal or cleanse as well as getting revives from EE's cleanse instead of just his revive skill.
  • Appreciate the help. I moved more mods around and stuck a zeta on Chirpa. 5 tries later I beat T5. About 7 tries after that I beat T6!! I have no chance at T7, I did try a dozen times just to check it out and I need more gear. At least I can work on Logray and Wicket for next time.
  • ASD_Dad wrote: »
    Appreciate the help. I moved more mods around and stuck a zeta on Chirpa. 5 tries later I beat T5. About 7 tries after that I beat T6!! I have no chance at T7, I did try a dozen times just to check it out and I need more gear. At least I can work on Logray and Wicket for next time.

Congrats! Glad you were able to get the 5* done and even get the 6*....nice work.
  • MylSyl9
    6 posts Member
    I'm using wicket, chirpa, Paploo, teebo and ewok elder to try and see through T5, what are the tips to winning the battle?

Anyone?
  • BlackBart
    156 posts Member
    Mod well, need to be fast. Ideally you would like to get Chewbacca first but better then average chance you will have to get the taunting out of the way first. Although with Teebo and Paploo you have more ways to clear the taunt then other Ewok configurations.

Main key other then being fast enough and durable enough is don't go after the ones with guard on them until you get Chewbacca down so the guard goes away. Then you can focus down the big hitters (Han & Leigh).Paploo is going to have to take a lot of punishment so gear him like the tank he is. It will be tempting to tank mod wicket & scout but don't. They are the offense, they have to be fast and hard hitting.

Teebo is not great for this event but take advantage of what he brings which is TM reduction and an additional way to hopefully get Paploo into taunting.
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    Also always use wicket to stealth elder and heal heal heal
  • EmpressOrgana
    218 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    @Kyno maybe move to the subforum for C3PO? Or not, I'm not totally up with the system.
  • You can get 7* with zChirp zPap Teebo Elder Scout all G11 to G12.
    You need the zetas. You also need to move every arena mod you got onto them, or use recommendations from Grand Ivory's mod optomizer
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    @MylSyl9
    If you can, swap in Logray and swap out Teebo. You can get it done with Teebo, but it's harder.

I didn't move my good mods over and got through t7 pretty easily using

Chirpa (L), Paploo, Wicket, Elder, Logray.

My gear was about the same as the OP, but I had zeta on Chirpa and was banging my head against the wall.

Zeta'd Logray and Wicket as well, then tried again with those 3 zetas, same squad, same gear and it took me just a couple tries to get decent RNG on the initial onslaught. IIRC, as soon as I actually decided my initial RNG was good enough and played it, I won. At most I would have played it through 2-3 times using no more than 10 tries to get good opening RNG. It really was easy with your gear, mediocre mods once I was triple zeta'd.

Looking back, I think I should have added one zeta at a time and I probably could have beaten it with just 2 zetas. But I don't regret it. A 3-4 zeta ewok squad (I eventually dropped on on Paploo as well) did a lot of damage on both offense and defense for me in TW and GAC back when they were more relevant.

Strategy wise, Logray's AoE Daze was crucial for me. Some people swear by Teebo, but Teebo only reduces TM one toon at a time. Get AoE Daze up and you prevent hordes of attacks all at once - Han's second shot, chewie's assist, Threepio's mass assist, etc.

Keep Elder under stealth (from Wicket). The healing takes care of itself if you have Logray's and/or Wicket's zeta, but you still want Elder around for Revives for when Threepio eventually gets off a mass assist or two. Probably those will come against Paploo and he'll survive, but if it targets anyone else, it does have a chance to take someone down. If it happens to be Wicket or Logray, that's can create real problems.

I killed the Taunter first, because it just wasn't possible to keep him from taunting. Chewie is probably the right toon to take down next. Raid Han third.

But honestly, your gear levels + at least 2 zetas should make this pretty doable even at Tier 7. 3 zetas made it easy for me. Some people swear by Paploo's zeta, but they're going to get around Paploo sometimes, and the whole-party heals from Logray and Wicket zetas were probably more valuable to me. And the thing is, even if they weren't more valuable to me in this event (hard to say, since you can't swap zetas and see which works better where), they're definitely more valuable in GAC and TW where people will deliberately scheme to get around your tank when forming their team comps.

Spend the zetas or take all your murderbears to g12 and waste a lot of gear ... which means you'll probably spend the zetas anyway, because g12 ewoks without multiple zetas is even more of a waste than g12 zetas with the zetas. It's probably more gear than you want to spend, but the multi-zeta synergy makes them incredibly useful in PvP.

So just skip g12 and go for the zetas right away. Eventually you'll have more zetas in reserve than g12 gear. Spend those zetas now, get your Threepio, and go to town in the raids. It's the right thing to do.