[Mega] Scheduled Update 12/19/2018

Prev1
Vampire_X
1435 posts Moderator
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
Hi Holotable Heroes!
Today’s Scheduled Update,12/19/18, contains several quality of life changes, event scheduling and several gear/mod bundles will be back in the store.

CHANGES
  • Galactic War simming requirements have been lowered from 150 campaign completions to 50 campaign completions.
  • Bronzium now appears as the first pack in the store.
  • The last 2 holiday gifts have opened into Snowtrooper and Enfys Nest portraits! Find them in your portrait collection.
  • Grand Arena Rewards have been updated. More details here
  • The removed Territory Wars rewards will be sent to you inbox on the dates below. More info here
    • 12/19 - Last for 3 days in the inbox
    • 12/23 - Last for 3 days in the inbox
    • 12/27 - Last for 3 days in the inbox
    • 12/31 - Last for 3 days in the inbox

PACKS AND BUNDLES

Wampa Bundle
Purchase this bundle and receive 25 shards of Wampa! This fearsome predator from Hoth is a devastating Attacker whose strength increases over time.
BONUS: This bundle also includes Credits, ability materials, and Crystals.
Bundle Includes:
  • Wampa (x25)
  • Credits
  • XP Training Droids
  • Ability Mats
  • Gear
Date available: December 21st
Maximum # purchases: 1
Minimum Level requirements: 65+

Hermit Yoda Bundle
Purchase this bundle and receive 25 shards of Hermit Yoda! This wise Jedi recluse provides sage support through his mastery of the Force.
BONUS: This bundle also includes Credits, ability materials and Crystals.
Bundle Includes:
  • Hermit Yoda (x25)
  • Credits
  • XP Training Droids
  • Ability Mats
  • Gear
Date available: December 21st
Minimum Level requirements: 65+

Gear XII+ Mega Bundle 1
Three of the most powerful Gear XII+ pieces are now available for purchase! Pick up this extremely rare bundle and power up your best characters with the Mk 12 ArmaTek Stun Gun, the Mk 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens, and the Mk 12 ArmaTek Data Pad. This bundle also includes Credits, Omega Ability Materials, and some bonus Crystals.
Bundle Includes:
  • Mk 12 ArmaTek Fusion Furnace
  • Mk 12 ArmaTek Thermal Detonator
  • MK 12 ArmaTek Key Pad
Date available: December 21
Minimum Level requirements: 85+
Please note that you will not see this bundle in store if you purchased this offer previously

Gear XII+ Mega Bundle 2
Three of the most powerful Gear XII+ pieces are now available for purchase! Pick up this extremely rare bundle and power up your best characters with the Mk 12 ArmaTek Stun Gun, the Mk 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens, and the Mk 12 ArmaTek Data Pad. This bundle also includes Credits, Omega Ability Materials, and some bonus Crystals.
Bundle Includes:
  • Mk 12 ArmaTek Stun Gun
  • Mk 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens
  • MK 12 ArmaTek Data Pad

Date available: December 21
Minimum Level requirements: 85+
Please note that you will not see this bundle in store if you purchased this offer previously

Mod Salvage Starter Bundle
Take your mods from 5* to 6* with 330 Mk 1 slicing materials and 25 Mk 2 Pulse Modulators in this extremely rare bundle!
BONUS: 10 Mk III Ability Materials, 5 Omega Ability Materials, 500,000 Credits, and 250 Crystals!
Bundle Includes:
  • 40x Mk1 Bonding Pin
  • 65x Mk1 Fusion Disk
  • 50x Mk1 Power Flow Control Chip
  • 45x Mk1 Fusion Coil
  • 65x Mk1 Amplifier
  • 65x Mk 1 Capacitor
  • 25x Mk2 Pulse Modulator
Date available: December 30th
Minimum Level requirements: 80+

Mod Salvage Mega Bundle
Take your mods from 5* to 6* with 330 Mk 1 slicing materials and 25 Mk 2 Pulse Modulators in this extremely rare bundle!
BONUS: 10 Mk III Ability Materials, 5 Omega Ability Materials, 500,000 Credits, and 250 Crystals!
Bundle Includes:
  • 60x Mk1 Bonding Pin
  • 100x Mk1 Fusion Disk
  • 105x Mk1 Power Flow Control Chip
  • 90x Mk1 Fusion Coil
  • 130x Mk1 Amplifier
  • 130x Mk 1 Capacitor
  • 105x Mk2 Pulse Modulator
Date available: December 30th
Minimum Level requirements: 80+
Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Interesting. I think this is the first time Hermit Yoda shards are available outside achievements and GET store
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    THE REAL MVP OF THE UPDATE:

Bronze cards are now in the front of the data card store.
  • Gorem wrote: »

Cept i already bought that stupid chromium pack. Gotta undo 2 years of scrolling to the right now.
  • Bronzium move, you da real mvp.
  • About the GW simulation update, i have to say is a punch in the face for the old players... or CG give us the rewards for the 100 more chances??
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    About the GW simulation update, i have to say is a punch in the face for the old players... or CG give us the rewards for the 100 more chances??

How is it a punch in the face to old players? Its helping new players get into the game by removing the 4 extra months they have to do it in order to unlock the ability to sim it? New players can now play the game for 2months and get it unlocked... this is a good thing, its good for the game and new potential gamers joining.

We still have been simming all this time, we've still have had that advantage, its not like things are somehow worse for us because of this change.
    Gorem wrote: »

Cept i already bought that stupid chromium pack. Gotta undo 2 years of scrolling to the right now.

You realise that that is your fault, right? :p Pay attention better? xD
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Thanks for the update. Currently playing on two different accounts, one is 3 years old and the other is like a month old. Very grateful for the simming of GW changes and the bronzium packs up front.

Thanks!
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    About the GW simulation update, i have to say is a punch in the face for the old players... or CG give us the rewards for the 100 more chances??
    I'll bite
    What kind of rewards do you think you deserve from CG? What should be the compensation in your opinion?
  • About the GW simulation update, i have to say is a punch in the face for the old players... or CG give us the rewards for the 100 more chances??

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or if you just genuinely don't understand that this change doesn't effect you at all...
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    What about the change with zombie and isolation? It was said it was caused by the same thing that changed order of operations with sion but with that reverted it still exist. Was it intentional?
  • I am confused, I didn't find anything in Paploos portrait. I just got the notification about the snow trooper and Enfis nest, nothing there either. Am I missing something? Or did the gifts change into the portraits we already have?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Darn... can i give you the money for the hermit yoda pack and you just give me ghe 7k GET instead of shard shop currency lol :).
  • You just made my day CG. Bronzium cards right at the begining. This is something I’ve been thinking about the whole last month and was looking for ways to let you know my thoughts on this. But this came from a clear sky and I couldn’t be happier about this change.
    There are still some QOL changes that can be made but I think that this one was a big step towards a better understanding players and their needs. Thumbs up.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Interesting. I think this is the first time Hermit Yoda shards are available outside achievements and GET store

25 shards is not interesting
    hermit yoda farming take above 6 month
    I could win only 2weeks with that... no interest ...
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I'll bite
    What kind of rewards do you think you deserve from CG? What should be the compensation in your opinion?

500 stun gunns and 100 zeta right now amirite :D
  • Totally wasted 350 crystals because I wasn’t paying attention and went straight to the end to open for the free pack...
  • Totally wasted 350 crystals because I wasn’t paying attention and went straight to the end to open for the free pack...

It’s your fault the months (years?) of muscle memory and having your thumb positioned over the buy button that would have showed you crystals instead of ally points cause you to waste money. Read better, stupid.

/s
  • About the GW simulation update, i have to say is a punch in the face for the old players... [...]
    Like others said before, not really lol. But I have to say, some of my guildies stated how they already had accomplished around 140/150 and now kind of feel robbed of the personal triumph B) .
  • it's not so much the reduction to sim that bothers me, it's that they nerfed gw overall. all nodes are lower levels and lower gear than what they were, and it actually made it harder for me! trying to complete my bh quests, these matches are either ending early before i can complete my contract, or my squad is getting killed off by these lower squads because i'm fighting to fill the contract and not going straight for the win. also, this new grand arena taking over the tw for the rest of the month, i'm only 3 tw wins away from completing t4 of sith agent quest, and the prizes for wins they're handing out isn't getting counted towards that achievement!
  • So I literally just finished the 150 galactic war fights on Sunday and.... now I didn't need to. I think it's a good move for new players, but man I wish I got a reward for getting all the way to 150.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes!
    Today’s Scheduled Update,12/19/18, contains several quality of life changes, event scheduling and several gear/mod bundles will be back in the store.

CHANGES
    • Bronzium now appears as the first pack in the store.
    • The removed Territory Wars rewards will be sent to you inbox on the dates below. More info here

Thank you. Thank you very much both.
  • Z2gop
    199 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    @CG_SBCrumb I submitted a ticket for making the mistake of hitting the wrong data pack during the update, instead of selecting it in the new spot. Some of the people looking at the cases don’t apear to know what we are taking about . Also the chat we can use to contact them when we ask for help doesn’t have a send button .
    Post edited by Z2gop on
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    YapYap wrote: »
    So I literally just finished the 150 galactic war fights on Sunday and.... now I didn't need to. I think it's a good move for new players, but man I wish I got a reward for getting all the way to 150.
    I can understand that feeling, but maybe it makes you feel better to know that there wasn't any additional reward at all, if I remember correctly. The reward was the simming ability itself.
    it's not so much the reduction to sim that bothers me, it's that they nerfed gw overall. all nodes are lower levels and lower gear than what they were, and it actually made it harder for me! trying to complete my bh quests, these matches are either ending early before i can complete my contract[...]
    I hope it's not going the same way as happened to SWTOR. Such a great game, also EA published, but they changed so many things over the years that made quests so easy that they are no fun anymore.
  • GW to 50 now..ughhhhh took a long while to even get to 150 but I'm fine with it now my alt can have a good chance now.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    My one question, we having 2 Rebel needed Assault battles close together, both before Chewy comes around a 2nd time?

Why not delay the 2nd one at least to be during Chewies event so we can actually use Chewy in the assault battle, lol :D
  • MissFLT
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Does anyone else find the rewaeds for galaxy war are not as good when summing as when doing each node? I guess it makes sense because they want you to spend time on the game...
    Post edited by MissFLT on
  • Its just rng some days are better than others
  • I think some toons should remain a grind something that effort of time rewards, rather than putting out to tender. why kick those players of time served (money or not) in the teeth for end game characters.

Time farmed characters to me seem to be ousted anyways with power creep new releases in the end, so for new players it shouldn't make much difference. Some times you gotta do the time..CG should look at maybe putting some specials which you can't get on mainstream pay model and add it to the grindstone.You still have the audience, and those collectors will still be at it.

Special should be special..
    drip feed at a limited overprice to jump the time grind...will keep the coffers ticking over I'm sure

• Hi there! First of all, I really appreciate all christmas events and also the grand arena. I am glad for compensating TW rewards, but I have one question. Is there any possibility to the TW wins would be counted in quests? Personally I run for jedi master quest and this makes the quest to take about 2 or 3 months longer. Especially now, where there are mor interesting quests in game ( i mean the rewards) it is kind of unpleasent. Or is there posibility to add one more quest slot for us who are delayed because of Grand Arena?

Thanks a lot.

MasterAurum
  • I only recieved one of the bundles, is there a way to contact them and let them know? I didn't log in every day during that time, but I should have recieved more than one.