Quit stopping HSTR solo runs

Prev13
Tbirds01
1235 posts Member
edited December 2018
Hey everyone,
I started a thread a few days back that was titled "change Traya, not Finn".
It has gotten quite the feed back I wanted it to, and I thank everyone for that. I hope the devs see it.
Anyways, while I try my best never to complain at all about the game or the devs, this change to the sith raid has ticked me a little. Here me out.
I know they won’t change it by reading this thread, which is why I want Traya to be changed because they’re going to change something about that loop no matter what.
Next time though, I hope the devs won’t nerf ANYHTING if a loop or solo is possible with a new toon. As many players have voiced, the sith raid is getting really tiring for them. Me and my guild cannot do the sith raid. So the best solution in my opinion is to allow phase solos and loops.
That way big guilds who can already do the HSTR can do it quicker and quit getting tired from it, and smaller guilds like mine can just work on a few teams and be able to do it ourselves. It’ll take work, but we’ll be able to at least do it.
I didn’t allow complaints on my last thread about Finn's zeta, but you all can do what you want here, mainly because I’m complaining a little here myself, and I know many people need to vent their frustration somewhere. Better to do it on a screen than against someone close to you.
I hope you all agree or understand. Please devs, no more changes. Let the small guilds like mine be able to have a chance at the sith raid, and help bring the fun back to big guilds.

Edit: if anyone still reads the original post, I just wanted to apologize here. I don’t understand what others have gone through to be able to get to do HSTR, so I have no place saying what I said. After a couple days thought, this is really stupid of me to type. I have reasons, but not good ones.
I can’t just let them give me what I want without any work for it. Me and my guild need to work on it, and I agree with most of you that that is the only way to get to it. It’s the most endgame content, and only the most endgame players can reach it. That was the original plan, and I think it should stay that way.
Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
Post edited by Tbirds01 on

Replies

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    We built our way up to it over the past however many months. You can too.

There's no reason to allow an infinite loop in the end game raid. Yet.

And by the way, top guilds already clear it in something like a few hours, maybe less. We went from 47 hours a month ago to like 12 hours now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I forgot to add that even quicker clearing is a disadvantage for some people. They might only get to use one team, or even worse, no teams.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • How about not being lazy and instead develop another raid. STR has been our for almost a year now. Soloing a phase with a raid that’s been out that long is OK. Since you have a power creep you need to develop another raid. I agree with not nerfing.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Its to stop lower gp guilds from earning higher tier rewards. All part of the choke hold.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    Its to stop lower gp guilds from earning higher tier rewards. All part of the choke hold.

It’s to respect the investment hundreds of guilds made in legit characters and strategies to clear the heroic raid over the last several months.

They have stated that, as of now, they don’t want to allow infinite loops in the hSTR and that’s why a change should be made.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    What ever it takes to make it artificially hard while adding power creep over and over
  • JaaiaLandis
    91 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Man, I’d love it if there were some spots that could be looped to zip through the STR. My guild is working T6 in preparation for trying heroic in the next couple of months, and I have to say everyone is SO. BORED. of STR. The changes a couple months ago have helped a lot, it’s just still a slog. At this point i don’t care about having Traya at all, I just want the blasted thing to be manageable. And doing my part for STR has seriously damaged my GA standings, so it’s not like STR has even been good to me. So yeah, a loop is FINE with me. It’s only one part of the raid anyhow, it’s not like one player can solo loop the whole raid.
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Me and my guild cannot do the sith raid. So the best solution in my opinion is to allow phase solos and loops.

I disagree with this. Why should you be able to now if you haven't before? With that said, I dont think they should nerf the toons. They should make the raid accommodate their exploits. Ot stinks investing gear/zetas on them just to have them "fixed" later.
  • I agree. It's their own fault things like this happened. They literally set the mouse trap up and walk into it. Then the public cries out against them. They never care about younger players to the game.
    They only ever care about their eldest players and whales. So anytime someone finds a loop hole per say or cheap trick that helps us younger players, they're quick to nerf it, because they don't want us to catch up. This kind of loophole maybe I Can understand but all the time, if it helps the lower GP players, then CG is quick to correct it.

This company lives off the whales and gives 0 craps about the rest of us.

Rant over.

Easily they should be testing this on every raid and section of the game before release. Or they should give the test accounts back to the youtubers and not be babies about the leak. 1 leak in 3 years...it could of been much worse. Its 1 wittle game leak. Patch it and don't punish the youtubers.
    As Peter Griffin said:
    Oh my God. Who the hell cares?
  • Sith raid is killing all the f2p guilds. So many people dont even contribute in most guilds who cannot do t7. Finally something to make it more bearable and they are going to nerf.

Sith raid has been a failmfrom start. Vast majority of the player base hates the stupid raid. There's no real strategy to the raid. Its built around a handful of toons. Designed to murder any team thats not those handful.

This nerf is purely to appease whales who want to be the best as a credit card warrior. And i love everyone who defends it and says its all strategy. Then tell you there's one team for each phase. Every guide revolves around the exact same 20 toons spread between 4 phases.
  • Mousie wrote: »
    Sith raid is killing all the f2p guilds. So many people dont even contribute in most guilds who cannot do t7. Finally something to make it more bearable and they are going to nerf.

Sith raid has been a failmfrom start. Vast majority of the player base hates the stupid raid. There's no real strategy to the raid. Its built around a handful of toons. Designed to murder any team thats not those handful.

This nerf is purely to appease whales who want to be the best as a credit card warrior. And i love everyone who defends it and says its all strategy. Then tell you there's one team for each phase. Every guide revolves around the exact same 20 toons spread between 4 phases.

I see you solved CGs puzzle 🤣
  • Hanfirst
    149 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Its not an issue about p2p or f2p guilds its about activity and what teams you invest in.
    The only reason my guild isnt doing heroic is because a lack of JTRs and Nightsister teams.

Work on a team per phase and 25-30 active f2p players can clear str.
    *without traya, 3PO, Chewie or revans factored in*
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »

well if you have c3po that means you are not some newbie who plays few months... :D
  • New content is easy- everyone gets bored and complains

New content is hard- everyone complains

It’s a long process but the information is out there to complete it. My guild completed our first heroic Sith about 6 weeks ago and has had it on farm since because we worked hard at developing the teams that could do it (and some well organised officers).
  • They might stop killing HSTR loops once some new hot stuff comes out. My guess is that it will happen once the mythic raids are out.
  • Infinite loops are unintended mechanic exploits - while they sometimes inevitably emerge, they remain unintended and are rightfully being fixed - in the past, right now and in the future.
    Breaking it down to you again, since you can't see through the obligatory politeness of the Devs, in simple words:
    You ain't going to get heroic Rewards served on a silver platter, gotta work for it just like everyone else has before you.

Players complain about not being able to clear the raid. What does that say at the very least about those players' Rosters? That they have to work on their raid squads, not only Arena teams or whatever they choose to work on instead. It takes long as f2p or semi-f2p, but it's inarguably doable and within everyone's reach, given the proper amount of time, guild's combined effort and, most importantly, guild's combined focus.
    It has been like that for
    1.) The Heroic PIT
    2.) Heroic AAT Raid
    3.) (since almost a year now) Heroic Sith Triumvirate Raid

Welcome to End Game Player versus Environment content. Take a seat, or take the door out.
  • I said it in previous thread and can repeat again - Finn+C3PO combo does not exploit any Traya-specific behavior, and therefore any specific "fix" for Traya only is the bad way to solve the problem.

The problem is entire "toppled" status and TM gains mechanics during that phase. When devs will introduce some new raid which most certaily will include some "toppled" phases, Finn+С3PO will work there exactly as it works on current raids. So the real fix must either do something with this combo or change entire "toppled" mechanics in the way which doesn't allow infinite TM gains (something like to give boss the fraction of TM every time attackers gains TM).
  • Weltall wrote: »
    Take a seat, or take the door out.

This is the most appropriate first answer for 95% of the threads in this forum.
  • Imo, exploits are usually the most fun part of any game. I personally think it's cool to find ways to do things in a game that were not intended by the developers. From my perspective, an exploit is the ultimate strategy. It is arguable whether the teams used to solo hAAT are exploits, but using one of those teams is waaaaaay more fun than using a team which can't solo the raid. I do not want to see infinite loops changed, simply because loops are fun and the Sith Raid is not.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »

It’s to respect the investment hundreds of guilds made in legit characters and strategies to clear the heroic raid over the last several months.

They have stated that, as of now, they don’t want to allow infinite loops in the hSTR and that’s why a change should be made.

Man, I remember the legit investments I made in Teebo to lead my Rancor team back in the day. And then I remember how they broke him so that his stealth wouldn't hold and didn't fix the issue for over 6 months until the raid was beyond trivial.

But mostly, I remember the day that zetas came out and Darth Vader made all the "legit" teams I developed for that raid obsolete. And I remember thinking it was the greatest thing ever because I could just hit autobattle and go on with my life rather than have to play through the Rancor for the X hundredth time to get some gear and shard shop currency.

When a raid has been out a year, solo options need to be availble. C3PO has made both the Rancor and HAAT tolerable for the sanity of those of us who have logged it more times than we ever want to count. Having him do the same for one singular phase of HSTR is not overkill. This is especially true since using this character to trivialize this phase requires remodding 4 other top end characters in such a fashion that they are useless everywhere else in the game. Think about that for a second.

Frankly, the new raids are always designed to make the best skills from your old investments obsolete. Remember how it was made very clear that the tank in hAAT was going to be immune to TMR? Yeah, that really respected my investments...... New characters should make old raids obsolete. It's beyond time this was done for HSTR. GA and TW are the modes that focus player time now. Put this raid in the auto column and keep it rocking. That's how you respect my investment.
  • Their is a difference between a solid squad that can solo certain stages or even entire bosses and a squad that exploits the heck out of it.

The squads that exploit HSTR are soloing traya while she is infinitely trampled.
  • Rockstar wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »

Man, I remember the legit investments I made in Teebo to lead my Rancor team back in the day. And then I remember how they broke him so that his stealth wouldn't hold and didn't fix the issue for over 6 months until the raid was beyond trivial.

But mostly, I remember the day that zetas came out and Darth Vader made all the "legit" teams I developed for that raid obsolete. And I remember thinking it was the greatest thing ever because I could just hit autobattle and go on with my life rather than have to play through the Rancor for the X hundredth time to get some gear and shard shop currency.

When a raid has been out a year, solo options need to be availble. C3PO has made both the Rancor and HAAT tolerable for the sanity of those of us who have logged it more times than we ever want to count. Having him do the same for one singular phase of HSTR is not overkill. This is especially true since using this character to trivialize this phase requires remodding 4 other top end characters in such a fashion that they are useless everywhere else in the game. Think about that for a second.

Frankly, the new raids are always designed to make the best skills from your old investments obsolete. Remember how it was made very clear that the tank in hAAT was going to be immune to TMR? Yeah, that really respected my investments...... New characters should make old raids obsolete. It's beyond time this was done for HSTR. GA and TW are the modes that focus player time now. Put this raid in the auto column and keep it rocking. That's how you respect my investment.

The problem is that the sith raid is still the current end game content with the best rewards (heroic, lower tiers are trash) and one of the best characters in the game for heroic clearance.
    And since the majority of the player base is still struggling to clear the HSR, a p3 solo team cannot be allowed.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Is it really an infinite loop tho? I tried the mentioned zFinn team with Chewie as well as with Leia on another attempt. Traya still slowly gains TM in her toppled status. After around 50% of the phase (were doing T6) she comes out of topple, puts Isolate on any char and then its game over for the tm train.

I dont have c3p0 zeta'd yet, so dunno if that would change anything.
    Also I guess T7 got way less HP than T6, allowing a full auto solo - but the fact remains: its not an infinite loop!!
  • As a player in a 160m+Gp guild we all worked for months on squads to take down hstr it is tough and it is a struggle but building the teams and seeing the progress each raid is where the fun lies. we now tear through it in 3-4 hours. I have a maxed out gr12 zzc3po but I wouldn’t dream of using in p3 where is the fun in that using a glitch to earn what players have worked months for just isn’t right I’m with CG on this
  • Wallynator94
    170 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Honestly more testing should have been done with this. You can’t tell me that they didn’t see c3po’s unique to be a problem. I mean rebels apply expose on basic.. that just screams resistance, which leads us to zFinn. His leadership is not broken, and to be honest if I remember correctly 3po didn’t do much for the resistance so I don’t know why there’s a tag for that. Just because he was part of that era doesn’t mean he should automatically get the resistance tag. (Same discussion the devs had made about kotor) If they got rid of his resistance tag then there is no more infinite loop. Which in turn, hstr and zFinn leadership remain unchanged. Maybe it’s crazy/dumb/unrealistic, but that’s my best solution for this mess. I don’t like this trend of releasing a toon, CG not like how we use them, then change, “fix” , nerf them. Please leave the toons we invest in alone.

That is all
  • signed. im in a guild of 80 mill. myself beeing 3.2M. Im tired of seeing everybody else in my shard getting traya
  • I was in the same page as you, "another team that can solo and will be nerfed? Again?"

But I was in a live stream the other day with my favorite youtubers "RSG"! And Grande Patron mentioned a really interesting thing that changed my mind, if you have used this team you probably have noticed that after a while being in the loop the game starts getting glitchy and the animations get sort of laggy, that means that there's a problem with the game and has the risk of crashing, which after a lot of time spent on a run, believe me, you don't want that to happen.
    So everything that has those type of effects needs to be fixed, otherwise you will have issues with the performance of the game.
    The same happens using this team in the HAAT, which doesn't with the other solo teams (Ackbar(L) or Wampanader)
    And the few days that you can solo Nihilus P1 with NS you had the same issue as well

I'm still troubled with the way a character is launched with lack of proper testing, but that does not mean that I want my game to crash ever!
  • Honestly more testing should have been done with this. You can’t tell me that they didn’t see c3po’s unique to be a problem. I mean rebels apply expose on basic.. that just screams resistance, which leads us to zFinn. His leadership is not broken, and to be honest if I remember correctly 3po didn’t do much for the resistance so I don’t know why there’s a tag for that. Just because he was part of that era doesn’t mean he should automatically get the resistance tag. (Same discussion the devs had made about kotor) If they got rid of his resistance tag then there is no more infinite loop. Which in turn, hstr and zFinn leadership remain unchanged. Maybe it’s crazy/dumb/unrealistic, but that’s my best solution for this mess. I don’t like this trend of releasing a toon, CG not like how we use them, then change, “fix” , nerf them. Please leave the toons we invest in alone.

That is all

To be fair, in the movies 3PO doesn't do much for *any* group. lol.

My guess is that the expose on basic for Rebels was added at the last minute. Hindsight being 20/20, it seems like an obvious thing to test with RJT and zFinn, but we don't know how much time the QA testers had to play with it. Given how late the kit reveal was, I believe they were making changes up to the last day.

3PO was with General Leia on the Resistance Base - he was definitely part of it. Probably just translating stuff for them, but he was a part of the resistance, so the tag is fine. Plus, he and R2 should have all the same tags.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Honestly more testing should have been done with this. You can’t tell me that they didn’t see c3po’s unique to be a problem. I mean rebels apply expose on basic.. that just screams resistance, which leads us to zFinn. His leadership is not broken, and to be honest if I remember correctly 3po didn’t do much for the resistance so I don’t know why there’s a tag for that. Just because he was part of that era doesn’t mean he should automatically get the resistance tag. (Same discussion the devs had made about kotor) If they got rid of his resistance tag then there is no more infinite loop. Which in turn, hstr and zFinn leadership remain unchanged. Maybe it’s crazy/dumb/unrealistic, but that’s my best solution for this mess. I don’t like this trend of releasing a toon, CG not like how we use them, then change, “fix” , nerf them. Please leave the toons we invest in alone.

That is all

To be fair, in the movies 3PO doesn't do much for *any* group. lol.

My guess is that the expose on basic for Rebels was added at the last minute. Hindsight being 20/20, it seems like an obvious thing to test with RJT and zFinn, but we don't know how much time the QA testers had to play with it. Given how late the kit reveal was, I believe they were making changes up to the last day.

3PO was with General Leia on the Resistance Base - he was definitely part of it. Probably just translating stuff for them, but he was a part of the resistance, so the tag is fine. Plus, he and R2 should have all the same tags.

I seriously doubt they have a big QA department given how bugged every single addition to the game is (chars, ships, events, raids, other game modes, translations, etc.).
    Just going to swgoh.gg front page and looking at the latest 5 chars (Revan no longer visable and he had and still has bugs going on) Juhani and 3PO are the only chars where I don't have a bug in mind (only when 3PO and Fulcrum are combined Fulcrum consumes translation on whirlwind but that seems like a bug on Fulcrums kit).
    Both Canderous and Carth were bugged in their marquee (tin foil hat ppl might argue this was done on purpose to make them appear better than they are to get more ppl into buying them).
    Badstilas debuffs from "Fear" are actually applied by your enemy on himself which is why an enemies vader under palp lead gets out of the stun with 100% TM.

They really need to step up their QA department, considering how much money this game makes per month/year some more devs shouldn't hurt, right?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg