Quit stopping HSTR solo runs

Replies

• Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    I started a thread a few days back that was titled "change Traya, not Finn".
    It has gotten quite the feed back I wanted it to, and I thank everyone for that. I hope the devs see it.
    Anyways, while I try my best never to complain at all about the game or the devs, this change to the sith raid has ticked me a little. Here me out.
    I know they won’t change it by reading this thread, which is why I want Traya to be changed because they’re going to change something about that loop no matter what.
    Next time though, I hope the devs won’t nerf ANYHTING if a loop or solo is possible with a new toon. As many players have voiced, the sith raid is getting really tiring for them. Me and my guild cannot do the sith raid. So the best solution in my opinion is to allow phase solos and loops.
    That way big guilds who can already do the HSTR can do it quicker and quit getting tired from it, and smaller guilds like mine can just work on a few teams and be able to do it ourselves. It’ll take work, but we’ll be able to at least do it.
    I didn’t allow complaints on my last thread about Finn's zeta, but you all can do what you want here, mainly because I’m complaining a little here myself, and I know many people need to vent their frustration somewhere. Better to do it on a screen than against someone close to you.
    I hope you all agree or understand. Please devs, no more changes. Let the small guilds like mine be able to have a chance at the sith raid, and help bring the fun back to big guilds.

Bug that benefits the game, they fix. Bug we bring to their attention several times and ask it to be fixed...crickets...
  • Hstr is considered end game content. It's supposed to be challenging.... having a loop solo thing is no fun...
  • Fact of the matter is that after a year this shouldn’t be an issue. One phase solo’ed isn’t a problem. As it stands it’s impossible to solo the whole thing. Stacking tenacity, immunity to TM reduction and damage output limits prevent it. They need to stop the whole “hurr durrr infinite loop” thing.

Critolyte was an infinite loop in that she never stopped going. This requires set-up, proper modding and RNG to going. This is ridiculous that they have such an issue with ONE phase being solo’ed. Get over yourselves devs
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Fact of the matter is that after a year this shouldn’t be an issue. One phase solo’ed isn’t a problem. As it stands it’s impossible to solo the whole thing. Stacking tenacity, immunity to TM reduction and damage output limits prevent it. They need to stop the whole “hurr durrr infinite loop” thing.

Critolyte was an infinite loop in that she never stopped going. This requires set-up, proper modding and RNG to going. This is ridiculous that they have such an issue with ONE phase being solo’ed. Get over yourselves devs

One phase less for guilds that struggle (and a rather difficult one).
    They don't want to see those "infinite" teams as long as the HSR is the biggest endgame thing. If there is a new raid in 6 months, G13 is the new thing and 90% of the player base has Traya, THEN they simply won't care about "infinite" teams in the HSR just as they don't care about'em in the Rancor/AAT raids.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
    Hey everyone,
    It has gotten quite the feed back I wanted it to, and I thank everyone for that. I hope the devs see it.
    Anyways, while I try my best never to complain at all about the game or the devs, this change to the sith raid has ticked me a little. Here me out.
    I know they won’t change it by reading this thread, which is why I want Traya to be changed because they’re going to change something about that loop no matter what.
    Next time though, I hope the devs won’t nerf ANYHTING if a loop or solo is possible with a new toon. As many players have voiced, the sith raid is getting really tiring for them. Me and my guild cannot do the sith raid. So the best solution in my opinion is to allow phase solos and loops.
    That way big guilds who can already do the HSTR can do it quicker and quit getting tired from it, and smaller guilds like mine can just work on a few teams and be able to do it ourselves. It’ll take work, but we’ll be able to at least do it.
    I didn’t allow complaints on my last thread about Finn's zeta, but you all can do what you want here, mainly because I’m complaining a little here myself, and I know many people need to vent their frustration somewhere. Better to do it on a screen than against someone close to you.
    I hope you all agree or understand. Please devs, no more changes. Let the small guilds like mine be able to have a chance at the sith raid, and help bring the fun back to big guilds.

Lol.

"We can't beat it so let us cheese it."

Yeah, no. The best solution is for you and your guild to get better at the game.

Work for it like everyone else. I don't understand this whole participation trophy mentality. You're literally asking them to let you "cheat" so you and your guild can beat end game content. End game content isn't for everyone. I don't know why people don't understand this. If they handed you everything, why would you be motivated to build your roster? "Oh hey, if I farm this one team I can cheese the raid." Literally what's the point?

• jkray622 wrote: »
    Honestly more testing should have been done with this. You can’t tell me that they didn’t see c3po’s unique to be a problem. I mean rebels apply expose on basic.. that just screams resistance, which leads us to zFinn. His leadership is not broken, and to be honest if I remember correctly 3po didn’t do much for the resistance so I don’t know why there’s a tag for that. Just because he was part of that era doesn’t mean he should automatically get the resistance tag. (Same discussion the devs had made about kotor) If they got rid of his resistance tag then there is no more infinite loop. Which in turn, hstr and zFinn leadership remain unchanged. Maybe it’s crazy/dumb/unrealistic, but that’s my best solution for this mess. I don’t like this trend of releasing a toon, CG not like how we use them, then change, “fix” , nerf them. Please leave the toons we invest in alone.

That is all

To be fair, in the movies 3PO doesn't do much for *any* group. lol.

My guess is that the expose on basic for Rebels was added at the last minute. Hindsight being 20/20, it seems like an obvious thing to test with RJT and zFinn, but we don't know how much time the QA testers had to play with it. Given how late the kit reveal was, I believe they were making changes up to the last day.

3PO was with General Leia on the Resistance Base - he was definitely part of it. Probably just translating stuff for them, but he was a part of the resistance, so the tag is fine. Plus, he and R2 should have all the same tags.

Yeah you may have a point there, then again I hated episode 8 so I didn’t pay much attention to the characters lol my whole point for commenting was to stand up for Finn lol he was my first zeta so we have something special there
    Hey everyone,

Lol.

"We can't beat it so let us cheese it."

Yeah, no. The best solution is for you and your guild to get better at the game.

Work for it like everyone else. I don't understand this whole participation trophy mentality. You're literally asking them to let you "cheat" so you and your guild can beat end game content. End game content isn't for everyone. I don't know why people don't understand this. If they handed you everything, why would you be motivated to build your roster? "Oh hey, if I farm this one team I can cheese the raid." Literally what's the point?

True, very true.
    I hate giving people whatever they want as well, so you have a point there.
    After a little bit of thought I’ve realized what I said is pointless, so yeah, I apologize for being a ****. Shouldn’t have said that.
    My guild is different than most in where everyone but me and a couple others are actually trying to work on raid teams. I don’t want to leave here though because I’m very close to all of them.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Fact of the matter is that after a year this shouldn’t be an issue. One phase solo’ed isn’t a problem. As it stands it’s impossible to solo the whole thing. Stacking tenacity, immunity to TM reduction and damage output limits prevent it. They need to stop the whole “hurr durrr infinite loop” thing.

I get your point, but Traya is arguably the most difficult phase on heroic, and thus the biggest gear/roster check. Nihilus basically just requires JTR, Sion can be done with a wide range of teams, and Phase 4 is similar although Nightsisters crush it. Traya, on the other hand, has all kinds of weird mix-and-match setups to do well on account of how brutally difficult it is.

So a team that lets a guild skip that phase in particular is a much bigger issue than one that could solo Sion, for example, assuming your goal is to ensure that only very well-equipped guilds can beat it.

Unrelated: Could someone explain how "critolyte" worked? I'm just curious - I see it referenced constantly but I wasn't actively playing when it was a thing.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• "We can't beat it so let us cheese it."

It won't be so easy to nerf this team by just the right amount so that it stays good in phase 3 but not infinite. I think giving Traya just 1% turn meter per hit taken during topple would solve most of the issues here ?
  • OP you were right with your original post. The sith raid is legacy content now and should be treated as such. Nobody at endgame content cares about a raid that came out a year ago.

Build the toon -> QA them -> release them -> leave it alone
    Build the raid -> QA it -> release it -> leave it alone

If you release something and it isn't working as described fix it
    If you release something and it isn't working as you thought and you left it that way for 6 months leave it alone
    If you release something and it is more powerful than you thought leave it alone

Pretty common sense to me.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Olddumper wrote: »
    OP you were right with your original post.

Lol I knew you'd agree with an OP who later came to understand what the rest of us are saying.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    They really need to step up their QA department, considering how much money this game makes per month/year some more devs shouldn't hurt, right?

They don't even need devs, interns could find this stuff in mere hours.

• Jarvind wrote: »

I get your point, but Traya is arguably the most difficult phase on heroic, and thus the biggest gear/roster check. Nihilus basically just requires JTR, Sion can be done with a wide range of teams, and Phase 4 is similar although Nightsisters crush it. Traya, on the other hand, has all kinds of weird mix-and-match setups to do well on account of how brutally difficult it is.

So a team that lets a guild skip that phase in particular is a much bigger issue than one that could solo Sion, for example, assuming your goal is to ensure that only very well-equipped guilds can beat it.

Unrelated: Could someone explain how "critolyte" worked? I'm just curious - I see it referenced constantly but I wasn't actively playing when it was a thing.

And then you hit P4 and traya thrashes you due to stacking speed and tenacity.

Not many teams in lower GP have JTR geared or moded properly.
    Not many guilds have Wampa, GK, Sabine, Thrawn and HYoda all G12 for the massive damage on P2 (relatively speaking).

The ONLY team viable really is Chex Mix outside of the the new ZFinn team that needs gearing and mixing. The old setup with zombie is pretty hard to set up and isn’t a guarantee to work. You still need to blow through 3 other phases that on heroic, without enough members of a guild to provide JTR G12 squads, the General Wampa mix AND NS for part 1 of P4 is still a lot of farming. If guilds have all that, who cares if everyone shares the damage of P3?
  • Jarvind wrote: »

And Critolyte was a looping strategy that allowed Acolyte under Asajj lead with Traya, HYoda and R2 to clear out P3 and the DN part of P4.
    It requires insane CC in Acolyte, isolating the enemy traya with yours, and giving Hyoda’s buff to Acolyte. As long as she kept hitting crtiicals and getting to full health, she would constantly basic and get around 48 million damage when all was said and done. It wasn’t a big deal then, but it would’ve been once more unlocked 7* Traya.

This isn’t even as bad. It can’t beat P4
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    The ONLY team viable really is Chex Mix outside of the the new ZFinn team that needs gearing and mixing. The old setup with zombie is pretty hard to set up and isn’t a guarantee to work.

Untrue.

Bounty and the Beast is easy to run (RNG notwithstanding) and easily nets twice that of Chex Mix.

I have found Deathstorm much easier to set up with the new zombie prior to the isolation bug. It still works fine now though and since they labeled it a bug they intend to fix it. You can generate 10x the Chex Mix score, I often do 10-20% and have done 30%. In fact I did 30% after the bug hit.

I don't have Aurra Sing but she's supposed to be able to do very good damage consistently.

• TVF wrote: »
    Untrue.

Bounty and the Beast is easy to run (RNG notwithstanding) and easily nets twice that of Chex Mix.

I have found Deathstorm much easier to set up with the new zombie prior to the isolation bug. It still works fine now though and since they labeled it a bug they intend to fix it. You can generate 10x the Chex Mix score, I often do 10-20% and have done 30%. In fact I did 30% after the bug hit.

I don't have Aurra Sing but she's supposed to be able to do very good damage consistently.

Indeed. I don't have Greedo-Mix, but it does produce great results. Aurra can do wonderful damage, once the team is sufficiently built. I managed to tie what my Chex does, despite not even having Embo.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

Not many guilds have Wampa, GK, Sabine, Thrawn and HYoda all G12 for the massive damage on P2 (relatively speaking).

The ONLY team viable really is Chex Mix outside of the the new ZFinn team that needs gearing and mixing. The old setup with zombie is pretty hard to set up and isn’t a guarantee to work. You still need to blow through 3 other phases that on heroic, without enough members of a guild to provide JTR G12 squads, the General Wampa mix AND NS for part 1 of P4 is still a lot of farming. If guilds have all that, who cares if everyone shares the damage of P3?

Exactly this.

It's not like they don't need to clear the other 3 phases still.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Exactly this.

Exactly all of this?

Because I already pointed out how much of the last paragraph is not at all that.
  • Carcass_101
    51 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Vohbo wrote: »

It won't be so easy to nerf this team by just the right amount so that it stays good in phase 3 but not infinite. I think giving Traya just 1% turn meter per hit taken during topple would solve most of the issues here ?

I disagree actually. Been hitting up a bunch of threads today proposing this idea:

Take away ~10% chance for rebel basics to apply expose. With 3rebels attacking on the Mass assist, that means you've got a ~70% chance of gaining 100%tm on 3p0. You'll still rack up some damage but the infinite tm loop would be broken. Treya will come out of topple and you'll have to survive to get back into it for more damage.

You wouldn't need to alter the mechanics of the raid, wouldn't need to change old character abilities, and would maintain the spirit of that they were attempting with 3p0s kit.

3p0 would bring a new viable team to the table that isn't flat out broken

*Correction. I forgot about the double attacks on Han and Leia. Might need a little more than 10% reduction but I still stand behind the concept. Just do a little testing (what a concept!) to figue out the sweet spot

Exactly this.

Exactly all of this?

Because I already pointed out how much of the last paragraph is not at all that.

Just the point that it doesn't affect 3/4 of the raid. It's not like having a bunch of C3PO's does anything to move the needle in phases 1 2 and 4
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Exactly this.

Exactly all of this?

Just the point that it doesn't affect 3/4 of the raid. It's not like having a bunch of C3PO's does anything to move the needle in phases 1 2 and 4

Do you have C3PO? Used him in the raid?

I put him in P1 in place of Scav Rey and immediately did almost 1m more than my previous best.

I just saw a video where someone in P2 did 4.5m with C3 and four Ewoks and said they aren't even modded properly.

Having a bunch of C3PO will definitely help.
  • Olddumper wrote: »

Exactly this.

It's not like they don't need to clear the other 3 phases still.

P1: 14x JTR (3.5mio each)
    P2: 50x Machine gun leia (1.05mio each)
    P3: 16x Chex (1.44mio each) + 50x ROLO (300k each)
    P4: 3x NS (4mio each)
    P4 Sion: kitchen sink
    P4 Traya: 50x STH* (240k each)

*STH = STH + FOO + 3x damage dealers

Not that hard. P3 is the 2nd most awkward phase for ppl that try to clear HSR after P4 Trio. Taking away this entire phase with a solo team is a huge thing.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • The sith raid is too easy, no need to become easier. I don't think either Traya or Finn need a nerf, if anyone needs a nerf is 3 PO
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    OP you were right with your original post. The sith raid is legacy content now and should be treated as such. Nobody at endgame content cares about a raid that came out a year ago.

Build the toon -> QA them -> release them -> leave it alone
    Build the raid -> QA it -> release it -> leave it alone

If you release something and it isn't working as described fix it
    If you release something and it isn't working as you thought and you left it that way for 6 months leave it alone
    If you release something and it is more powerful than you thought leave it alone

Pretty common sense to me.

How can you say its legacy when majority of game not even beating it???? If it IS legacy as you say whats the current endgame content
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    PeteBajama wrote: »
    The sith raid is too easy

Tell that to guilds who can't beat it (yet).

I think it's just about right.
    PeteBajama wrote: »
    The sith raid is too easy

Tell that to guilds who can't beat it (yet).

I think it's just about right.

Hahhaha slo pony see post above yours !!!! Wooooo
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Rockstar wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Its to stop lower gp guilds from earning higher tier rewards. All part of the choke hold.

It’s to respect the investment hundreds of guilds made in legit characters and strategies to clear the heroic raid over the last several months.

They have stated that, as of now, they don’t want to allow infinite loops in the hSTR and that’s why a change should be made.

Man, I remember the legit investments I made in Teebo to lead my Rancor team back in the day. And then I remember how they broke him so that his stealth wouldn't hold and didn't fix the issue for over 6 months until the raid was beyond trivial.

But mostly, I remember the day that zetas came out and Darth Vader made all the "legit" teams I developed for that raid obsolete. And I remember thinking it was the greatest thing ever because I could just hit autobattle and go on with my life rather than have to play through the Rancor for the X hundredth time to get some gear and shard shop currency.

When a raid has been out a year, solo options need to be availble. C3PO has made both the Rancor and HAAT tolerable for the sanity of those of us who have logged it more times than we ever want to count. Having him do the same for one singular phase of HSTR is not overkill. This is especially true since using this character to trivialize this phase requires remodding 4 other top end characters in such a fashion that they are useless everywhere else in the game. Think about that for a second.

Frankly, the new raids are always designed to make the best skills from your old investments obsolete. Remember how it was made very clear that the tank in hAAT was going to be immune to TMR? Yeah, that really respected my investments...... New characters should make old raids obsolete. It's beyond time this was done for HSTR. GA and TW are the modes that focus player time now. Put this raid in the auto column and keep it rocking. That's how you respect my investment.

The problem is that the sith raid is still the current end game content with the best rewards (heroic, lower tiers are trash) and one of the best characters in the game for heroic clearance.
    And since the majority of the player base is still struggling to clear the HSR, a p3 solo team cannot be allowed.

I, for one, don't want to trivialize the HSTR raid. Speaking from a guild leader perspective it was a long haul from once the raid was introduced to get to the point of being able to tackle the Heroic tier. Doing it with a guild of 120M GP was the icing on the cake for me. So even though months ago I was frustrated with not being able to beat the raid (and struggling with T5s and T6s at that time) my main complaint was never that the raid was too hard. Well let me take that back. Stacking tenacity sucks donkey kitten. Whoever came up with that concept is just plain evil in my book. But I digress...My main complaint was that the rewards for the lower tier raids (T4, T5, and T6) just were not worth the effort to put in to them. So to nerf something that has the potential to solo an entire phase of HSTR at this point in time, okay I'm not good with that. Now six months down the road I may have a different opinion. Look at HAAT. There are teams that can solo phases there and no one is complaining about it because the due time has passed. HSTR isn't there yet. It's not even a year old yet. So I'm totally good with nerfing something that makes the raid too easy for a phase. On top of that Phase 3 is a complete beast in HSTR. You really need a good mix of Chex Mix/Deathstorm/etc. to make that phase manageable. Goldenrod team killing it in one go...No I'll pass for now.

SWGOH Guild: Peace Is A Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • HSTR will be easy, with time, but only after next end-game content will be released, 10 times harder, 5 times longer, 100 times more annoying. Then we will all say - hey, HSTR was really easy and enjoyable, how we didn't seen it before? And this might be happen soon, Sith raid is getting old now. So, I think that if they will nerf somehow C3po loop, he still will be good at p3, just not be able to solo it. And maybe c3po is just a part of bigger plan, just a one piece of future meta, like Joilee before, so his kit cannot be changed cos he is tied with already existing, but unreleased toons. Maybe Jedi Luke with C3po will form uber-meta, being able to solo entire HSTR. I really hope that we are close to this.
    The ONLY team viable really is Chex Mix outside of the the new ZFinn team that needs gearing and mixing. The old setup with zombie is pretty hard to set up and isn’t a guarantee to work.

Untrue.

7* Chewbacca isn’t readily available to everyone yet since his first pass caught a lot of people off guard with the gear requirements. So that isn’t usable to most yet.

Deathstorm like you said is bugged.

My whole point is that the only readily available team is Chex for everyone and adding a single team that can actually solo a single phase isn’t a big deal. The raid has been out for almost a whole year. At this point there should be parts that can be solo’ed.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    TVF wrote: »

Untrue.

7* Chewbacca isn’t readily available to everyone yet since his first pass caught a lot of people off guard with the gear requirements. So that isn’t usable to most yet.

Deathstorm like you said is bugged.

The gear requirements were obvious if you bothered to read about the event. I'm not a spender and I did it by strategic farming and hoarding. And he's coming back this month anyway, at which point anyone should have him except for new players who aren't in an hSTR guild anyway.

Deathstorm is not bugged enough to make a difference other than an increase in RNG. I did my personal best with it after it became bugged.
    My whole point is that the only readily available team is Chex for everyone and adding a single team that can actually solo a single phase isn’t a big deal. The raid has been out for almost a whole year. At this point there should be parts that can be solo’ed.

Hard disagree with your point. I built up teams. Other people can too. Go farm Aurra and start using your 7* Chewie next week.