Cheater & hacker update 11/18

Replies

• TVF wrote: »

Show your work.

Showed LD. Currently waiting for him to show his.
  • I'm a player from CN mainland who have played this game for three years. During last few days, lots of my friends' accounts were banned permanently due to the third party crystal sources.

To play this game, we must utilize the VPN(which is also blocked) so we can get access to Google play、Yutube or even Discord, for we are SW fans and really like this game.

The third party domestic venders indeed provide a more CONVENIENT and cheaper method especially for those people who don't know how to use VPN.

Sadly, you just banned their accounts, throw thousands of dollar they spent like rubbish, WITHOUT any advance NOTICE. I just presume that you are not capable to find and punish venders so you take the easiest way to pick up your esteem?

Since there's no friend in game, I quit.

I have 1500 in legitimate reciepts and i was banned they dont make mistakes i guess. Security is the issue and its the owners problems and they need to punish them instead of players. They still paid money and EA and CG still got theres and to take it out on players is rediculous
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Back to the trenches as we prep for Grand Arena.

LD

Yuck GA
  • Hal Blaine = one of the greatest drummers of ALL time. If you don't know who he is or what he played on, you should really go look.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Somebody buy this guy a beer!

Why? He just does his job. Do someone buy a beer for you because you just do your job?

Anyway, I have a question to @CG_LucifersDaddy . How do you find and ban cheaters in grand arena?
    Shardmates say and were so surprising, when saw their opponents set all their best team for defense, and crashed their Revan, sith, FO teams with weak and no synergy squads. We even can not see when do they attack, how many banner they get and how many toons they lost.
  • Bronyam wrote: »
    Somebody buy this guy a beer!

Why? He just does his job. Do someone buy a beer for you because you just do your job?

Anyway, I have a question to @CG_LucifersDaddy . How do you find and ban cheaters in grand arena?
    Shardmates say and were so surprising, when saw their opponents set all their best team for defense, and crashed their Revan, sith, FO teams with weak and no synergy squads. We even can not see when do they attack, how many banner they get and how many toons they lost.

Yea people do :)
    Not to be a stickler but it was more so for LD being cool. But I’ll buy him a shot for doing his job as well.
  • Donrob wrote: »
    I have no sympathy at all for anyone that purchased via 3rd party vendors, you basically are supporting professional criminal gangs. The money you gave those ‘3rd parties’ will be used for other criminal activities far worse than just credit card fraud.

While those that have used 3rd parties may be ignorant to this fact, it doesn’t change your funding of criminality.

Like what. What things do credit card fraudsters do with the money they collect from crystal sales. Build evil lairs, giant lasers plan to take over the world. Please tell us what far worse activities you've witnessed.
  • I really hope these actions towards cheaters don't take long, after the report is sent...
    There's this guy on my shard, on fleet arena... he can be out of the first 50 for days.. and, in a blink of an eye, appears on 1st position. A complete mistery, how a 150k fleet can beat 300k fleets. I ve reported this for over 2 weeks now...and today, as I checked arena, and saw him 1st there, once again... ggrrrr... 😲
  • Toligan
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Здравствуйте помогите, моя учетная запись была взломана, после того как я вернул себе учетную запись она была заблокирована. 😢😢😢😢
    Post edited by Toligan on
  • Bronyam wrote: »

Well aren’t you just a ray of sunshine.

Gotta be a lot of World’s Greatest Boss mugs on your desk.
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    Donrob wrote: »
    I have no sympathy at all for anyone that purchased via 3rd party vendors, you basically are supporting professional criminal gangs. The money you gave those ‘3rd parties’ will be used for other criminal activities far worse than just credit card fraud.

While those that have used 3rd parties may be ignorant to this fact, it doesn’t change your funding of criminality.

Like what. What things do credit card fraudsters do with the money they collect from crystal sales. Build evil lairs, giant lasers plan to take over the world. Please tell us what far worse activities you've witnessed.
    Let me guess. Walter White was just an entrepreneur filling a void in the market?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • This has turned into a bunch of cry babies winning
  • It states right here u are aloud to purchase 3rd party content that is authorized by EA so people that are scammed by these 3rd party vendors thinking there EA authorized how it the players fault. There should be some kind of warning they tell u that it's an unauthorized 3rd party vendor and if continue this u will be banned or they need to have lists of authorized and unauthorized suppliers.
  • Hello
    In the Grand Arena I've been cheated by the player: Fastvaz124 Alliance Code: 673-738-838.
    Means he is a hacker and has won the game by some other means.
    Ask for clarification and help.
    Thank you
  • Risz
    134 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Hello, there might be some way of cheating/abusing the system in Grand arena.

In this GA when I had my first Match up I looked everybody's roster to try and determine who had the best, so I came accross this dude with a laaarge roster for my GP and when I looked deeper into it ... he had no mods on all of his main toons, I had a good laugh and shared it with my guild because I thought he sandbagged like no one else and he forgot he couldn't change mods after the GA was locked

413xq113dhgg.png
    8b3dfz9easpj.png

And now that we both won everything, I looked back into his roster to plan my defenses and, what do I see ...

38jla7ngr1tn.png
    vahiknlwyhqq.png

So do anyone have an idea about what is going on ?
    I don't have more precise screens about when he had no mods because it was for sharing a laugh with my guild, didn't think he was doing anything else but sandbagging like crazy at first.

Now, looking at his roster and mine, I will get crushed, which wasn't so sure when he had no mods.
    I don't mind losing, but not against a cheater.

Thank you for reading me
    Post edited by Risz on
  • People will find a way to exploit any game, as it has always been: it is the responsibility of a very highly funded, and highly successful company, such as the one making this to prevent such exploits. Blaming far less equipped players is tantamount to being angry with an ant hurting a whale. The company is absolutely loaded with cash: blame them for problems.
  • So how can I report grand arena cheaters? How can I find his ID so I can report him? I have a in game video showing what I think is hacking/cheating.
    Basically his squad power will show 60k and with no zeta symbols by them. Then you look at each toon in that squad and they have 18k power + with Zetas. So they have found a way to trick what power is being displayed other than the actual squad power.
    So it shows squad power @ 60,000 but actually its 95,000+ and no zeta symbols
  • Hoplo wrote: »
    So how can I report grand arena cheaters? How can I find his ID so I can report him? I have a in game video showing what I think is hacking/cheating.
    Basically his squad power will show 60k and with no zeta symbols by them. Then you look at each toon in that squad and they have 18k power + with Zetas. So they have found a way to trick what power is being displayed other than the actual squad power.
    So it shows squad power @ 60,000 but actually its 95,000+ and no zeta symbols

thats just the auto deploy visual bug. already been mentioned.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Question, now that the "cheaters" have been banned, what happens to their premium teams in the Arena that survive by the AI fighting for them? Shouldn't these teams be removed, and a scrub team put in to speed up it falling to the bottom? Or is this fine as long as the bogus card purchases stop?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Question, now that the "cheaters" have been banned, what happens to their premium teams in the Arena that survive by the AI fighting for them? Shouldn't these teams be removed, and a scrub team put in to speed up it falling to the bottom? Or is this fine as long as the bogus card purchases stop?

I believe LD mentioned they are looking into that, but have no current plan on a sweep of those teams.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I believe LD mentioned they are looking into that, but have no current plan on a sweep of those teams.

Just de-mod them. Problem solved.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Just de-mod them. Problem solved.

That's probably a little more complicated than we realize.
  • ottomaddux
    490 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    NicWester wrote: »
    Bronyam wrote: »

Well aren’t you just a ray of sunshine.

Gotta be a lot of World’s Greatest Boss mugs on your desk.
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    Donrob wrote: »

Let me guess. Walter White was just an entrepreneur filling a void in the market?

Walter White had seed money from his teaching career.
    You Cant argue with stupid.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Do not post any names or anything about a person you want to get looked at in this post. This information is handled in direct message and not on the open forum.
    Report A Potential Cheater: If you want to report a potential cheater, please send a message to CG_LucifersDaddy with details on why you think someone is cheating and your ally code plus the ally code and name of the suspected cheater.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Delete the accounts, problem solved. If they are perma-banned, then why keep the accounts?
  • And the ban wave rolls on 🤟 #MerryChristmas
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    One reason they still exist could be..

When the fraudulent purchases were made CG lost money, letting these accounts stay in game may force others to spend money to better their own teams to defeat them, and in return benefit CG by recouping some of their lost revenue. So in short, CG has nothing to lose and everything to gain by leaving these fraudulent teams intact and in game.

• Donrob wrote: »
    And the ban wave rolls on 🤟 #MerryChristmas

WHat do you know??? :)
  • One reason they still exist could be..

When the fraudulent purchases were made CG lost money, letting these accounts stay in game may force others to spend money to better their own teams to defeat them, and in return benefit CG by recouping some of their lost revenue. So in short, CG has nothing to lose and everything to gain by leaving these fraudulent teams intact and in game.

By that logic, assuming CG desires to make money when gamers spend to overcome a cheater's squad, then I could safely assume you are saying that...CG actually doesn't want to ban anyone: because, having the cheaters in game continuing to develop their squads would make more money.

But this reasonable conclusion based off your comments doesn't jive with reality. CG is in fact against cheaters of all kinds, and I believe it's more than a profit issue, but a gamer issue. CG is in fact on the gamers side and everyone one of them loves this game as much as we do even though they get bombarded by claims everyday they are the 'boogie man'.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • One reason they still exist could be..

well, conspiracy theories aside, they may not have built a mechanism to delete accounts. I've never actually heard of one being deleted. Also, they may not know the "down code ramifications" of deleting accounts... so why take the chance you create a bunch of new bugs when those squads will eventually be pushed to the bottom of the ranks anyway? A simpler solution is to just remove mods. The Daka zeta refund proved they have the capacity to mass remove attributes on characters, so my vote is to simply de-mod the arena and ship squads and leave them to the shard to remove them from competitive gameplay.

Last point on this, what if CG got one wrong? It is highly unlikely given the length and resources dedicated to this cheater ban, but there's always a sliver of a chance they tagged an innocent party. Would be much more damaging to the game if that person went through an appeal, was proven innocent, and didn't have an account to return to.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    One reason they still exist could be..

By that logic, assuming CG desires to make money when gamers spend to overcome a cheater's squad, then I could safely assume you are saying that...CG actually doesn't want to ban anyone: because, having the cheaters in game continuing to develop their squads would make more money.

But this reasonable conclusion based off your comments doesn't jive with reality. CG is in fact against cheaters of all kinds, and I believe it's more than a profit issue, but a gamer issue. CG is in fact on the gamers side and everyone one of them loves this game as much as we do even though they get bombarded by claims everyday they are the 'boogie man'.

You misunderstand. Those banned were not banned for making life more difficult for the other players, they were not banned for creating barriers. They were banned for circumventing the proper channels and expenses to build their teams. This reduced revenues that should have been made by CG. Not disputing they needed to be dealt with. My concern is us having to deal with the aftermath. Removing those banned is the simplest course of action. CG saying they need to find the best way to deal with this issue, shows the architecture of the game is not setup to deal with this. Most likely unable to do so in a timely fashion. Fine, again no dispute. As long as they are working on adding this because the fraudulent purchases will most certainly happen again. Unless they find a suitable solution those causing the problems will be dealt with and we will be left to deal with the mess of beating teams that should not even exist. Now, that said, the simplest course of action by CG could be to just throw their hands up and let us deal with the mess by building stronger teams, either by F2P or P2W routes. If players use the P2W route, then CG's revenues are increased, there is no way to avoid that. So, now, what do you see CG choosing as a course of action?

All this aside, I'm amazed a company as large as EA has not created their own revenue processing system, or purchased one.
This discussion has been closed.