Cheater & hacker update 11/18

Replies

• One reason they still exist could be..

When the fraudulent purchases were made CG lost money, letting these accounts stay in game may force others to spend money to better their own teams to defeat them, and in return benefit CG by recouping some of their lost revenue. So in short, CG has nothing to lose and everything to gain by leaving these fraudulent teams intact and in game.

By that logic, assuming CG desires to make money when gamers spend to overcome a cheater's squad, then I could safely assume you are saying that...CG actually doesn't want to ban anyone: because, having the cheaters in game continuing to develop their squads would make more money.

But this reasonable conclusion based off your comments doesn't jive with reality. CG is in fact against cheaters of all kinds, and I believe it's more than a profit issue, but a gamer issue. CG is in fact on the gamers side and everyone one of them loves this game as much as we do even though they get bombarded by claims everyday they are the 'boogie man'.

You misunderstand. Those banned were not banned for making life more difficult for the other players, they were not banned for creating barriers. They were banned for circumventing the proper channels and expenses to build their teams. This reduced revenues that should have been made by CG. Not disputing they needed to be dealt with. My concern is us having to deal with the aftermath. Removing those banned is the simplest course of action. CG saying they need to find the best way to deal with this issue, shows the architecture of the game is not setup to deal with this. Most likely unable to do so in a timely fashion. Fine, again no dispute. As long as they are working on adding this because the fraudulent purchases will most certainly happen again. Unless they find a suitable solution those causing the problems will be dealt with and we will be left to deal with the mess of beating teams that should not even exist. Now, that said, the simplest course of action by CG could be to just throw their hands up and let us deal with the mess by building stronger teams, either by F2P or P2W routes. If players use the P2W route, then CG's revenues are increased, there is no way to avoid that. So, now, what do you see CG choosing as a course of action?

All this aside, I'm amazed a company as large as EA has not created their own revenue processing system, or purchased one.

I scanned your comments, and we'll... Let's just say I'm very optimistic in CG's motives as being the right motives for players, and they've chosen the best actions based on what they can do.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?

When the fraudulent purchases were made CG lost money, letting these accounts stay in game may force others to spend money to better their own teams to defeat them, and in return benefit CG by recouping some of their lost revenue. So in short, CG has nothing to lose and everything to gain by leaving these fraudulent teams intact and in game.

By that logic, assuming CG desires to make money when gamers spend to overcome a cheater's squad, then I could safely assume you are saying that...CG actually doesn't want to ban anyone: because, having the cheaters in game continuing to develop their squads would make more money.

But this reasonable conclusion based off your comments doesn't jive with reality. CG is in fact against cheaters of all kinds, and I believe it's more than a profit issue, but a gamer issue. CG is in fact on the gamers side and everyone one of them loves this game as much as we do even though they get bombarded by claims everyday they are the 'boogie man'.

You misunderstand. Those banned were not banned for making life more difficult for the other players, they were not banned for creating barriers. They were banned for circumventing the proper channels and expenses to build their teams. This reduced revenues that should have been made by CG. Not disputing they needed to be dealt with. My concern is us having to deal with the aftermath. Removing those banned is the simplest course of action. CG saying they need to find the best way to deal with this issue, shows the architecture of the game is not setup to deal with this. Most likely unable to do so in a timely fashion. Fine, again no dispute. As long as they are working on adding this because the fraudulent purchases will most certainly happen again. Unless they find a suitable solution those causing the problems will be dealt with and we will be left to deal with the mess of beating teams that should not even exist. Now, that said, the simplest course of action by CG could be to just throw their hands up and let us deal with the mess by building stronger teams, either by F2P or P2W routes. If players use the P2W route, then CG's revenues are increased, there is no way to avoid that. So, now, what do you see CG choosing as a course of action?

All this aside, I'm amazed a company as large as EA has not created their own revenue processing system, or purchased one.

I scanned your comments, and we'll... Let's just say I'm very optimistic in CG's motives as being the right motives for players, and they've chosen the best actions based on what they can do.

At my age, I count on any business to do what is in their best interest. Make of that what you will. We'll see. :)

Not a chance, if cheating were allowed 90% of the player base would quit overnight and legal action would follow as the whales demanded their money back.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.

Not a chance, if cheating were allowed 90% of the player base would quit overnight and legal action would follow as the whales demanded their money back.

Not talking about the banning, I was remarking about the mess left (their teams in the Arena).

At my age, I count on any business to do what is in their best interest. Make of that what you will. We'll see. :)

Why imply that CG's best interest is to take advantage of it's customers? I don't get it?
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • I give up.. not worth rehashing..

I highly doubt CG does this, because they don’t need to, but many smaller games will actually have “fake” accounts that are loaded with basically unlimited premium currency. Other players see these accounts spending money and it entices them to do so.
  • I know how to get unlimited resources. But it keeps track of EA and blocking occurs. Worse, the fact that you can increase health and damage at the time of the attack in the arena and events. Such accounts practically do not block.
  • Sérieux...je viens de combattre dans l'arène de vaisseaux et de plus en plus de tricheur avec des bonus de ghost yoda au début du combat...sérieux....vous attendez quoi pour les virer définitivement...ça gâche vraiment tout le plaisir.
  • Is there a cheat that allows lvl 80+ players to enter a new fleet shard? I am level 68 and my fleet shard just started 8 days ago. There are 2 level 81 players that just showed up with level 60 ships but level 80 pilots. Both are ranked in the 700-800's in squad arena so they obviously didnt buy tons of crystals to level super fast. How could they avoid fleet arena for 20 levels?
  • Is there a cheat that allows lvl 80+ players to enter a new fleet shard? I am level 68 and my fleet shard just started 8 days ago. There are 2 level 81 players that just showed up with level 60 ships but level 80 pilots. Both are ranked in the 700-800's in squad arena so they obviously didnt buy tons of crystals to level super fast. How could they avoid fleet arena for 20 levels?

@RoyaleWithCheese they are just returning from a long break, it’s likely that they have just logged on after a years absence
  • Wouldn't they have been placed in a fleet shard when they hit level 60?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Is there a cheat that allows lvl 80+ players to enter a new fleet shard? I am level 68 and my fleet shard just started 8 days ago. There are 2 level 81 players that just showed up with level 60 ships but level 80 pilots. Both are ranked in the 700-800's in squad arena so they obviously didnt buy tons of crystals to level super fast. How could they avoid fleet arena for 20 levels?

Same as with regular squad arena, people can sit on energy at level 59 and just collect stuff and then decide when they want to level up to 60 to enter fleet and then shoot up with the energy and crystals they sat on.

They likely quit playing the game before ships launched, And since they just logged, in, they are now put in a fleet shard,

They likely quit playing the game before ships launched, And since they just logged, in, they are now put in a fleet shard,

Thanks, I didn't realize ships were that new. That makes sense. However, I have a hard time believing they would be ranked 800 in a year old shard with phasma, qui gon, rey, luminara and princess leia.....all with 1-4 dot mods (some not even upgraded). Really seems like something fishy is going on.
  • They definitely would be, The shards aren’t very active that low down, it’s not that suspicious
  • My main is in a much newer shard and my arena team is much stronger than that team and I'm ranked lower than that.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    My main is in a much newer shard and my arena team is much stronger than that team and I'm ranked lower than that.

Every shard is different.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • How can I report a cheater? He got Chewee and C3PO with toons at level 50... No way its legal.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Juangiun wrote: »
    How can I report a cheater? He got Chewee and C3PO with toons at level 50... No way its legal.
    Kyno wrote: »
    Report A Potential Cheater: If you want to report a potential cheater, please send a message to CG_LucifersDaddy with details on why you think someone is cheating and your ally code plus the ally code and name of the suspected cheater.

• Juangiun wrote: »
    How can I report a cheater? He got Chewee and C3PO with toons at level 50... No way its legal.
    Kyno wrote: »
    Report A Potential Cheater: If you want to report a potential cheater, please send a message to CG_LucifersDaddy with details on why you think someone is cheating and your ally code plus the ally code and name of the suspected cheater.

Thanks, already reported! He was on our guild, now he run like a coward

Thanks, I didn't realize ships were that new. That makes sense. However, I have a hard time believing they would be ranked 800 in a year old shard with phasma, qui gon, rey, luminara and princess leia.....all with 1-4 dot mods (some not even upgraded). Really seems like something fishy is going on.

If anything that makes it more likely they're an older player who just returned - all of those toons were meta a long time ago in a galaxy far away.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • So... this brings somthing into the light. There was this one player in the level 50 shard of the squad arena that had a full seven star empire team woth thrawn and all. Now i relize that they were cheating. It also make me wonder what hapened to my old Lv 74 aacount. I wonder were I rank on the arena in that after being absent for 6 months becuase i quit that account
    "Ezra plus Sabine equals a one shot." -A Really Smart Guy
  • So... my alts shard (not a very old account):

Top 50...
    43 are Revan
    6 gimped traya's (no actual HSTR teams to speak of)
    1 NS

Revan teams are all the way into the 400s.

My mains shard, not even close to this.

What gives? And how do I get someone to look at the account on his shard? There are (no exageration... at least 200 in the top 500) hundreds of revan teams.
  • This witch hunt is funny......now everybody who started and spent tons of money day 1 is a cheater cuz they have a empire team with thrawn lol
  • I spent at least 800 bucks my first month or so
  • I spent at least 800 bucks my first month or so

Dang, took me a year or so before I turned to the dark side and started spending! Lol
    Never tell me the odds...
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/acwbvz/new_arena_shard_open_3_weeks_ago_and_look_at_this/

Anything going to be done about this shower of crap? This poor arena shard dealing with this...

@CG_LucifersDaddy can you help us, you're our only hope... Seems that nothing else is being done for these guys and gals.

That’s some serious “cry-fouling” you are doing there. An account that is >3 years old will be in an arena shard which is ridiculously inactive that low down.

• Sadly, you just banned their accounts, throw thousands of dollar they spent like rubbish, WITHOUT any advance NOTICE. I just presume that you are not capable to find and punish venders so you take the easiest way to pick up your esteem?

Since there's no friend in game, I quit.

Bye!
    Sure, maybe they spent thousands of dollars... To who? Not this game. If they have a problem, they can take it up with who they bought the illegitimate crystals from.
    These vendors...how on earth would EA be able to punish them??? That’s not even possible.

Your friends bought the equivalent of stolen items, whether they were ignorant or knew it. Sucks that they didn’t have the knowledge or sense to NOT to do it, but that’s the truth of it.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
This discussion has been closed.