If GA doesn't include ships can match making not include ship GP

2Next

Replies

• Totally agree with this thread. I have 3,826m GP (no Traya, no Revan) - 2,135m char GP - 1,690m ship GP and I have been paired with ppl that have the same total GP but 2,3m-2,5m char GP (most of them with both Traya & Revan) that is 200k-400k more than me, which makes 2-4 maxed out teams more than me... I like the idea of Grand Arena a lot, but c'mon - give me a fair chance for winning…
    @CG_SBCrumb
  • Madlax wrote: »
    You guys gotta stop fussing over GP differences. Someone can have 3mil+ GP but tons of **** chars. His opponent can have the same Character and Fleet GP, but focus on a couple well build squads.. guess who will win.

That’s irrelevant. Yes, a well built roster will do better at the same GP as a poor built roster. That doesn’t mean people who invested heavily in ships should be punished with tougher matches in a mode that don’t use ships.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Here's the truly perverse part: simply activating a ship triples the GP value of the pilot. (Crew power = 2x character power)

So if two players have identical 10k GP Boba Fetts but one of them unlocks Slave 1, then his Boba suddenly counts as 30k GP for matchmaking purposes, even though he has 10k GP stats.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Here's the truly perverse part: simply activating a ship triples the GP value of the pilot. (Crew power = 2x character power)

So if two players have identical 10k GP Boba Fetts but one of them unlocks Slave 1, then his Boba suddenly counts as 30k GP for matchmaking purposes, even though he has 10k GP stats.

I’ve got 6 characters/ships right now that I could promote but I’m holding off. It’s driving me crazy, lol.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »

I’ve got 6 characters/ships right now that I could promote but I’m holding off. It’s driving me crazy, lol.

Same with me. I hate not being able to just play the game. Now, in order to be competitive, I have to stop playing with my ships, spend no money on ship packs or upgrades or purchases, and leave all of the character unactivated or completely ignore them.

I wish I could just ungear, unlevel, or delete a character from my inventory now that I'm losing out and falling behind my peers in having competitive squads due to GA rewards/matchmaking system.