32087 posts Moderator
    No_Try wrote: »
    JohnAran wrote: »
    Out of 8 players in my league all of them sandbagged inCluding me xD. I say it's pretty muCh the new normal yea.

So looks like none of you got an easier matchup and it ended up being completely pointless since you all met the same players you would have but you all have less gp than you could. Nice.

Exçept having to deal with one team less on defense and offençe. Niçe. (keyboard broken :P)

I thought you were one of the broad rosters ? Wouldn’t it be an advantage for you to have more teams to field ?
    By the way apparently Ganon said in the bug thread that everyone is getting 8 teams to field for some reasons. I have 2.15m gp and got 8, you ?

Edited the last message with the obvious answer. It wouldn't matter if I had 10k more g8s, they provide zero fighting power.

It doesn’t matter to be honest i’m done with those « sandbagging » and « unfair matchmaking » arguments. Good luck with your ga and all the next. I hope for all of you collectors that you were wrong all along.

I'm not a çolleçtor. Explained it in detail a few messages ago. And it's immaterial how suççessful I am in GA, the algo will still suçk.

If you are done. you may stop posting here maybe. Pretty please?

Actually those two things are directly related.

If you have a lot of fluff, but still beat everyone you are paired with then it shows there is something working about how the algorithm works.
  • I have lots of fluff and still won my last GA.
    I push teams that will work well against other specific teams, which happen to also be good in raids and other events usually.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Out of 8 players in my league all of them sandbagged inCluding me xD. I say it's pretty muCh the new normal yea.

The new normal? You all had time machines?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I dont think thats sandbagging however the f2p players do have more characters at 7* gear 8 while the p2p players deffinatly have less characters but the ones they do have are mainly top notch characters and all maxed out. So f2p for most part have a huge disadvantage in the current way of selecting players
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    That's more due to when they started. It's much easier for year 2&3 players to have leaner rosters.. Especially if they're paying to finish teams for events and such.
    Although lots of f2p players get distracted from long farms when new events with better rewards pop up also, leaving half finished teams..
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Nop. I'm talking about how you can actively drop gp, not passively or retroactively.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    just wait till GA doesn't allow use of those last 7-8 meta characters and only allows you to use that "fluff"
  • That's just 2-4 guys fluffing.

Can we please find a less disturbing term for this?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

So looks like none of you got an easier matchup and it ended up being completely pointless since you all met the same players you would have but you all have less gp than you could. Nice.

Exçept having to deal with one team less on defense and offençe. Niçe. (keyboard broken :P)

I thought you were one of the broad rosters ? Wouldn’t it be an advantage for you to have more teams to field ?
    By the way apparently Ganon said in the bug thread that everyone is getting 8 teams to field for some reasons. I have 2.15m gp and got 8, you ?

Edited the last message with the obvious answer. It wouldn't matter if I had 10k more g8s, they provide zero fighting power.

It doesn’t matter to be honest i’m done with those « sandbagging » and « unfair matchmaking » arguments. Good luck with your ga and all the next. I hope for all of you collectors that you were wrong all along.

I'm not a çolleçtor. Explained it in detail a few messages ago. And it's immaterial how suççessful I am in GA, the algo will still suçk.

If you are done. you may stop posting here maybe. Pretty please?

Actually those two things are directly related.

If you have a lot of fluff, but still beat everyone you are paired with then it shows there is something working about how the algorithm works.

It doesn't. It means I'm quite capable despite the algorithm being crooked. It will never be a good determinor of a player's roster strength as long as GP doesn't reflect it as closely as possible.

What you don't realise is I'm also advocating against my best interest here. It will hurt me just as much if gear had a more significant bump in between grades and compared something as low value/low coefficient as stars. Compared to my GP range, I'm above average on g12s.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    as long as gp only indicate completeness it will never be a good indicator or actual roster strength. a less complete charcter with excellent 4 dot mods could be stronger than 100% complete character with 6 dot kitten mods.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited December 2018

Nop. I'm talking about how you can actively drop gp, not passively or retroactively.

I don't believe that mod stripping can possibly make a difference unless you're just hurting yourself by stripping your best mods.

Bad mods are 1gp.
  • TVF wrote: »

I don't believe that mod stripping can possibly make a difference unless you're just hurting yourself by stripping your best mods.

Bad mods are 1gp.

Unleveled mods are 1 gp
    There is a huge difference from bad mod and one not leveled
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    And like I said you hurt yourself by not using good ones.

Even if you have a bunch of trash level 15 mods equipped, it's not enough GP to matter.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    I removed all the mods from my toons below g9 yesterday.. Only dropped 6k power. And those were all 5dot blue or better and fully leveled. Mods don't make that big of a difference..
    Now when I put them back in, optimized for each toon, I can clean up g12 toons with g8s pretty often..
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    6k??????

Sandbagger!!!
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Lol! GA Matchmaking was already done, and they're all back to modded again. Just wanted to satisfy my curiosity about these people's arguments here..
  • Gannon wrote: »
    Lol! GA Matchmaking was already done, and they're all back to modded again. Just wanted to satisfy my curiosity about these people's arguments here..

I dropped about 85K myself. With 3P0 and remodding am about 50K below the peak.

Taking off mods from lower geared pilot like ISC, jedi councellor, plo koon etc have the biggest impact
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    What's your GP? 85k is still not that much.
  • Down to 4.1 now

If it means facing 1-2 revan opponents rather than 2-3 im all for it
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Bad mods are 1gp.

That's a lol comeback. Obviously I'm not stripping the good mods or neither hurting myself by dropping everything on fluffed toons. I'm dropping a GP cutoff category by doing it
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    And like I said you hurt yourself by not using good ones.

Even if you have a bunch of trash level 15 mods equipped, it's not enough GP to matter.

This is not the only thing I do to sandbag, since GA came out I'm sandbagging everything except what I'm gonna use right away. I doubt it's only me, I see it happening across the board in my guild and all the servers I'm in. So yep, sandbagging is the new normal.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Down to 4.1 now

If it means facing 1-2 revan opponents rather than 2-3 im all for it

4.2 vs 4.1 is nothing.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Bad mods are 1gp.

That's a lol comeback. Obviously I'm not stripping the good mods or neither hurting myself by dropping everything on fluffed toons. I'm dropping a GP cutoff category by doing it

Well if you're sitting right over the line and you drop under it, you're still facing an opponent at the same GP. You both are setting less D now. So what?

None of this matters.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Bad mods are 1gp.

Well if you're sitting right over the line and you drop under it, you're still facing an opponent at the same GP. You both are setting less D now. So what?

None of this matters.

If I didn't do it, that would be hurting myself. Over time it will keep accumulating for one person sandbagging vs. one who doesn't just as the same behaviour did before GA was a thing (nop I'm not calling any case before GA sandbagging at all).
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Also, if you're right at the gp cutoff, and drop everything you can to stay the lower tier, you will only have a short time of doing that without completely stunting your own progression right?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Bad mods are 1gp.

None of this matters.

If I didn't do it, that would be hurting myself. Over time it will keep accumulating for one person sandbagging vs. one who doesn't just as the same behaviour did before GA was a thing (nop I'm not calling any case before GA sandbagging at all).

So you're going to stay at the same GP.....forever?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Bad mods are 1gp.

None of this matters.

Obviously not. I bet you understand what I'm saying but choose to feign ignorance. My gp progression is maybe %20 of what my standart progression rate was. After GA only thing that received attention from me was my already continuing gear progression and c3po even though I kept accumulating currencies now useless to me like credits and lowbie gear. Rest will show up as 330/330 lvl1s.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    Also, if you're right at the gp cutoff, and drop everything you can to stay the lower tier, you will only have a short time of doing that without completely stunting your own progression right?

I'm guessing the mod dropoff moved my GA tier progression by about 2 months. And when I do it will be because I have 2 more full teams geared up to show for it. Those that are in the line are currently worth around 11-12k, they will be around 20k or more when completed. The math checks out.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Bad mods are 1gp.

None of this matters.

Obviously not. I bet you understand what I'm saying but choose to feign ignorance. My gp progression is maybe %20 of what my standart progression rate was. After GA only thing that received attention from me was my already continuing gear progression and c3po even though I kept accumulating currencies now useless to me like credits and lowbie gear. Rest will show up as 330/330 lvl1s.

I don't understand what you're saying. I don't understand why you'd drop below a cutoff line when there's no benefit and I disagree that stripping mods makes any difference. Since you disagree I'll just move on.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Bad mods are 1gp.

None of this matters.

I don't understand what you're saying. I don't understand why you'd drop below a cutoff line when there's no benefit and I disagree that stripping mods makes any difference. Since you disagree I'll just move on.

One can fit worlds of difference in that mere 100k bag full of sand.

nbgkji3hbqek.png