When Will Opponents’ D Be Auto-Filled in GA?

2Next

Replies

• Now the **** that didn’t set any D is attacking me. He should not get to enjoy getting to do that and getting to practice 3v3 for the next round.
  • Atlas_Lightstar
    10 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    The summation of Darknesswon's comments: "I will ruin the experience of 3v3 GA for others because the game (that he presumably enjoys) takes too mich of my time as it is. Also, you all are whining, entitled, kids."

Honestly, it doesn't take 10 minutes to put careful squads on defense. To take a fraction of that to put garbage on defense and spare your oppenent the disappointment must just be beneath the notice of your benevolent self.

Sorry for the toxicity, but your attitude has peeved me.
  • The summation of Darknesswon's comments: "I will ruin the experience of 3v3 GA for others because the game (that he presumably enjoys) takes too mich of my time as it is. Also, you all are whining, entitled, kids."

Honestly, it doesn't take 10 minutes to put careful squads on defense. To take a fraction of that to put garbage on defense and spare your oppenent the disappointment must just be beneath the notice of your benevolent self.

Its all about choices (quotes Kyno) , its my choice not to set D and use all my toons to complete the challenges so i don't have to enter again.
  • The summation of Darknesswon's comments: "I will ruin the experience of 3v3 GA for others because the game (that he presumably enjoys) takes too mich of my time as it is. Also, you all are whining, entitled, kids."

Its all about choices (quotes Kyno) , its my choice not to set D and use all my toons to complete the challenges so i don't have to enter again.

A very good point, and you are very free to do so. With all due respect though, I hope CG removes any possible incentives for you to do so. It's griefing, and no fun to receive.

A very good point, and you are very free to do so. With all due respect though, I hope CG removes any possible incentives for you to do so. It's griefing, and no fun to receive.

And i hope they scrap the event.

I agree with you, not setting D is no fun for you, but being matched with someone who streamrolls them, is just as boring and unfun for people, as you not getting to attack. Think about that.
  • People who don't set defense are allowed to attack? That doesn't seem right.
    They decide to deny the other player the chance to play (which they obviously want to do, they set defenders), then they still get to play?
    Hmm...
  • My question. If someone doesn't set defenses, how do you get the extra points you'd get from facing their teams, with all the bonuses being enough to win? If they don't set defense and take out all your teams in one battle, doesn't that give them more points to win?

I haven't had it happen to me yet, so I'm just curious how that scenario works.
  • My game glitched and did not let me put defenses down. Maybe some people are having problems with the game mode like me.

I am also upset about the match making. I am at the bottom of the bracket every time because my fleet gp is higher than my character gp. I have been putting my lvl 1 fluff characters to give some battle and also collecting my only gainable 540 points.
  • Same here, no defense set. Really sucks to not be able to test out 3v3 teams this round, let alone the other achievements.
    cbp5u1xmjo50.png

Where did you get the extra banners from if there was no defence?
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    My question. If someone doesn't set defenses, how do you get the extra points you'd get from facing their teams, with all the bonuses being enough to win? If they don't set defense and take out all your teams in one battle, doesn't that give them more points to win?

I haven't had it happen to me yet, so I'm just curious how that scenario works.

You get the conquer bonuss automatically, you will win, anyone who sets no defense cant win.

I agree with you, not setting D is no fun for you, but being matched with someone who streamrolls them, is just as boring and unfun for people, as you not getting to attack. Think about that.

So you get to reap the benefits of attacking/quest progress while denying your competitor (whose only sin is having managed his gear well) of any benefits of the same? All because you hope that they scrap a game mode, which they have never done before and one which the player base seems to mostly enjoy.

Tell me that's not a **** thing to do, and I'll tell you that you're lying.

So you get to reap the benefits of attacking/quest progress while denying your competitor (whose only sin is having managed his gear well) of any benefits of the same? All because you hope that they scrap a game mode, which they have never done before and one which the player base seems to mostly enjoy.

One word, tournaments, your Argument is invalid, they removed those , when they realized how horrible they were, they eventually fixed the STR raid, so they do , it might take time and a lot of feedback, but it happens.
    What's crummy is people who get easy matches saying how great it is, tell me thats not crap thing to do and ill call you a liar.

My gear is managed well lol
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    This sucks! My opponent didn’t set any D. I was looking forward to battling 3v3 and now all I can do is sit on my hands. Very disappointed that “players” can register for GA then do nothing. Incredibly dissatisfied with this.

crying about winning a round...epic...lol not enough free ponies
  • Totally agree! “Players” who do not set defense should not get rewards for hosing someone that wants to play.

Then they will just set one toon. Furthermore, there are 3 stages, so chances are they will meet another player that they think they might stand a chance, and then they will deploy.
    Wow. If you think you’re going to lose, you don’t even try? You’ve never beaten someone with a better roster than you before? You must really suck at this game. You should quit altogether.

Lol, how immature. Maybe they have better things to do with their time.
    Jarvind wrote: »
    This is at least the 4th time this has happened to me, and it is incredibly disappointing for a guy that loves any more content to do in-game. CG needs to give players that join but don't set defense for any one of the three matchups ZERO rewards.
    Totally agree! “Players” who do not set defense should not get rewards for hosing someone that wants to play.

Then ill just set one toon. (Shrug).
    You dont like it, well like we are told about the matchmaking , live with it

Wow. If you think you’re going to lose, you don’t even try? You’ve never beaten someone with a better roster than you before? You must really suck at this game. You should quit altogether.

I just dont care lol. loser huh, lmao its a game , grow up dude. Winning in the GA proves nothing , you arent better than anyone if you do or dont lol.
    Its a game mode i think is boring , arena on steriods, no thanks. But ill keep joining and posting no defenses as long as entitled ppl like you keep posting. So thanks

(throws a tantrum and ruins gameplay for other people because he can't win)
    (calls other people entitled)

I don't see the point you are making. He isn't required to deploy defenses. People wanting others to use their time to deploy defenses so that they can get rewards (i.e. you), now that is entitled.
    What is your opinion on matchmaking then? Since people shouldnt be allowed to set no defense?

Personally i think
    1. GP matchmaking is fine, other than if it's gonna be a toons/ships only GA, then they should take the other out of the computation. From what i see in my current bracket though, not too much discrepancies between fleet GP (200k max) so i think it's still contained somewhat.
    2. People should be allowed to not set defenses since they may have a life beyond this game. It could even be a player's strategy to save toons for the attack and mass complete GA quests, so i don't see why it should be punished.
  • I set some proper defence but not all the squads I could because I think 3vs3 is a rubbish idea. My opponent knows he can have an easy victory because I told him I'm done, or he can have a go at it if he wants to...so there's a happy medium that can leave you not really playing without plain screwing with other people's fun and preventing them playing at all. It's just plain selfish to join and do nothing, and I think auto deploying toons and not handing out prizes for each round you completely ignore is a good solution.
  • Same here, no defense set. Really sucks to not be able to test out 3v3 teams this round, let alone the other achievements.
    cbp5u1xmjo50.png

Where did you get the extra banners from if there was no defence?

It happened to me too and it fortunately does count as a conquer if they placed nothing so you are guaranteed the win still
  • When will it be fixed? There is this thing going on called “Christmas”. A lot of people take time off from work around the holiday to spend time with their family. So I wouldn’t expect anything until after the holidays.....and it’s not realistic or reasonable to expect otherwise.
  • EA_Lanna
    623 posts EA Community Manager
    edited December 2018
    Hellu, I've taken some posts out that were a bit stabby and rude. One of our forum rules asks that peeps are polite and kind with each other. Please keep this in mind going forward folks. Thanks :)
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Imo CG should get rid of the $%&# the joining phase, you play you set, you dont then leave them empty and gets no rewards. Simple.
  • This sucks! My opponent didn’t set any D. I was looking forward to battling 3v3 and now all I can do is sit on my hands. Very disappointed that “players” can register for GA then do nothing. Incredibly dissatisfied with this.

You do realize it's the holidays and sometimes things happen unexpectedly that don't allow people to sit and play a video game instead of dealing with real life? Maybe they joined and then had a family emergency? Who knows.

The only slight, and by slight i mean massive, difference between the two is choice. They didn’t choose to get matched against weaker players and make it not fun. They are not responsible for it. You choose to ruin your opponent’s experience. You are 100% responsible for it.
    Then you claim :
    You know other people do think of people besides themselves.
    Nice one.
  • JohnAran wrote: »
    The summation of Darknesswon's comments: "I will ruin the experience of 3v3 GA for others because the game (that he presumably enjoys) takes too mich of my time as it is. Also, you all are whining, entitled, kids."

The only slight, and by slight i mean massive, difference between the two is choice. They didn’t choose to get matched against weaker players and make it not fun. They are not responsible for it. You choose to ruin your opponent’s experience. You are 100% responsible for it.
    Then you claim :
    You know other people do think of people besides themselves.
    Nice one.

Actually they had no choice in who they are matched with, like you. So again it goes back to CG and matchmaking. Or should they not get whatever rewards they can too, you know so they can manage their resoures be as good as yall lol

DUDE he won.... game is about resources....HE GET'S the max resources...there will be TONS of GA's till the servers close like force Arena.......

sore winners which you are being is WAYYYYY worse than sore loser
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Imo CG should get rid of the $%&# the joining phase, you play you set, you dont then leave them empty and gets no rewards. Simple.

Listining to the winners crying is 10000x worse than listening to charlie browns teacher on that wretched xmas cartoon..wah woah whooah....
  • all I want is to save my layout. my god putting 10 teams up is such a drag