Sandbagging, the new normal?

Replies

  • Commander_Wolffe
    211 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    as long as gp only indicate completeness it will never be a good indicator or actual roster strength. a less complete charcter with excellent 4 dot mods could be stronger than 100% complete character with 6 dot kitten mods.

    I feel like that's the best reason why GP is a good measure for matching.

    If someone is a good theory crafter and has built effective teams that may be looked at as "incomplete", they are being rewarded in this game mode. Not for under gearing as many want to equate it to compare to paper zombie, but as an effective use of resources.

    But that is just me.

    Unless one person ignores ships and the other person does the minimal amount of work in ships but spends no actual effort. Then the person who put the minimal amount of work into ships is going to lose every.single.grand arena. Because CG will never make ships equal in banner points for GA and they will never have a ship only GA.

    Paper fleets awards players in GA unlike squad or fleet arenas because squad and fleet arenas are based on a time of entry/level date/shard join date. Using just GP is a horrible idea when you're comparing apples (character) and oranges (ships) in a apple (character) only arena.

    I have no problem when using character GP vs character GP. If one person made better choices than another then so be it. But if one person decided to play the ships and one person ignored the ships, why does GA give them a 30-40% increase on character GP vs another person's character GP in grand arena.

    Whether to play or not play ships shouldn't be a deciding factor. Letting people chose which character (or ships) to invest in when comparing GP is fine, but you can't pit one game feature against another game feature.

    It doesnt matter what position it is. If you lose against a fleet or a character squad, you are going to have a hard time getting a win, unless your post is matched by your opponent.

    We must be talking about something different, because I don't see how your response relates to what I said.

    I agree, if you don't win on your 1st attempt then you've lost the entire contest.

    My point is anyone with ships are penalized by having to fight people without ships - and there's no ship nodes. My opponent has 30% more character GP than me (more than 200k GP which is more than my entire defense squads combined) because I have 400k in ships and he has 200k in ships. And.There's.No.Ship.Nodes.

    How is being grouped with people who have a 30% advantage in GP fair? The contents of that character GP is irrelevant. It's 30% more character GP in a character only contest.

    You are making sound like ships is the only place that someone could lose because of a minimal effort towards content.

    They are going to change things like they have been for nodes to keep it "interesting".

    So there may be some differences in the "advantage" but there are some decent teams that can be built with pilots or supplemented with pilots to make an effective team. It's not like all the GP from ships only comes from ships.

    I have a decent fleet and have no problem being matched by GP when there is no ships. I know this is not a common feeling, but a developed roster can make it work. It's still only 66-70 toons being used in GA.

    Congrats for being lucky on match making so far. I hope you never have to face opponents with 30% more GP in the grand arena.

    I'm not saying ships is the ONLY place someone could lose.

    I'm saying anyone that's invested at all (even minimal compared to no investment) in ships will be at a huge disadvantage facing someone of equal combined GP when only character GP is relevant to the Grand Arena event.

    In the last GA, I faced someone who had all 3 star capital ships and barely any ships except for the free marquee ones at the marquee stars and all level 1s. That's no investment at all. Guess what, that "paper fleet" provided him about 100-150k more character GP he could place in the single squad slot in front of his paper fleet. (I'm talking about < 1m total GP level).

    Equal GP but distributed differently. That's how each player chooses to develop. I understand that not everyone feels this way, but if someone is more developed than me towards TW/GA, they deserve the win. I was a collector for a while and have a broad roster, I will be hard pressed to place 1 in GA and will be working to get second place rewards for a bit, but I really like TW and to a lesser extent GA and I look forward to redeveloping my roster towards that goal.

    Ships makes it unequal , i do not understand how nobody gets this. If you count it as gp but cant use it, its a handicap , plain and simple. Maybe you like to be handicapped when you compete , but most people prefer a even matchup.

    You couldn't be more wrong, those that focus on their fleet get extra zeta mats and crystal to help build their roster that those who ignore fleet don't get. Matchmaking based on GP is working great and if you think it's unfair it's only because you did a poor job with your resource management.

    That applies to higher GP brackets just fine. In the lower GP brackets (<1m total GP), even a not-so-great fleet adds a lot of GP to your total GP and a semi-competitive (with no extra investment, spending no crystals or resources) will double your GP (meaning equal your character GP).

  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    as long as gp only indicate completeness it will never be a good indicator or actual roster strength. a less complete charcter with excellent 4 dot mods could be stronger than 100% complete character with 6 dot kitten mods.

    I feel like that's the best reason why GP is a good measure for matching.

    If someone is a good theory crafter and has built effective teams that may be looked at as "incomplete", they are being rewarded in this game mode. Not for under gearing as many want to equate it to compare to paper zombie, but as an effective use of resources.

    But that is just me.

    Unless one person ignores ships and the other person does the minimal amount of work in ships but spends no actual effort. Then the person who put the minimal amount of work into ships is going to lose every.single.grand arena. Because CG will never make ships equal in banner points for GA and they will never have a ship only GA.

    Paper fleets awards players in GA unlike squad or fleet arenas because squad and fleet arenas are based on a time of entry/level date/shard join date. Using just GP is a horrible idea when you're comparing apples (character) and oranges (ships) in a apple (character) only arena.

    I have no problem when using character GP vs character GP. If one person made better choices than another then so be it. But if one person decided to play the ships and one person ignored the ships, why does GA give them a 30-40% increase on character GP vs another person's character GP in grand arena.

    Whether to play or not play ships shouldn't be a deciding factor. Letting people chose which character (or ships) to invest in when comparing GP is fine, but you can't pit one game feature against another game feature.

    It doesnt matter what position it is. If you lose against a fleet or a character squad, you are going to have a hard time getting a win, unless your post is matched by your opponent.

    We must be talking about something different, because I don't see how your response relates to what I said.

    I agree, if you don't win on your 1st attempt then you've lost the entire contest.

    My point is anyone with ships are penalized by having to fight people without ships - and there's no ship nodes. My opponent has 30% more character GP than me (more than 200k GP which is more than my entire defense squads combined) because I have 400k in ships and he has 200k in ships. And.There's.No.Ship.Nodes.

    How is being grouped with people who have a 30% advantage in GP fair? The contents of that character GP is irrelevant. It's 30% more character GP in a character only contest.

    You are making sound like ships is the only place that someone could lose because of a minimal effort towards content.

    They are going to change things like they have been for nodes to keep it "interesting".

    So there may be some differences in the "advantage" but there are some decent teams that can be built with pilots or supplemented with pilots to make an effective team. It's not like all the GP from ships only comes from ships.

    I have a decent fleet and have no problem being matched by GP when there is no ships. I know this is not a common feeling, but a developed roster can make it work. It's still only 66-70 toons being used in GA.

    Congrats for being lucky on match making so far. I hope you never have to face opponents with 30% more GP in the grand arena.

    I'm not saying ships is the ONLY place someone could lose.

    I'm saying anyone that's invested at all (even minimal compared to no investment) in ships will be at a huge disadvantage facing someone of equal combined GP when only character GP is relevant to the Grand Arena event.

    In the last GA, I faced someone who had all 3 star capital ships and barely any ships except for the free marquee ones at the marquee stars and all level 1s. That's no investment at all. Guess what, that "paper fleet" provided him about 100-150k more character GP he could place in the single squad slot in front of his paper fleet. (I'm talking about < 1m total GP level).

    Equal GP but distributed differently. That's how each player chooses to develop. I understand that not everyone feels this way, but if someone is more developed than me towards TW/GA, they deserve the win. I was a collector for a while and have a broad roster, I will be hard pressed to place 1 in GA and will be working to get second place rewards for a bit, but I really like TW and to a lesser extent GA and I look forward to redeveloping my roster towards that goal.

    Ships makes it unequal , i do not understand how nobody gets this. If you count it as gp but cant use it, its a handicap , plain and simple. Maybe you like to be handicapped when you compete , but most people prefer a even matchup.

    You couldn't be more wrong, those that focus on their fleet get extra zeta mats and crystal to help build their roster that those who ignore fleet don't get. Matchmaking based on GP is working great and if you think it's unfair it's only because you did a poor job with your resource management.

    Zetas count in your GP , so its accounted for , in the matchmaking , so your wrong there. It gives me no advantage , but the 900k ship gp i cant use does give me a huge handicap. Please actually make an argument that makes sense.. poor job with resources is a silly argument against ship gp being counted in matchmaking but not being able to use ships in matches. But you keep standing on that pedestal
  • Isn't the solution to this super easy... for even matchmaking simply base the calculation on the average character power? In this case you want to factor in outliers, such as when a player has few super-high power toons, which means you don't take a median.

    This would differentiate players who have lots of medium power characters, vs players who have few super-high power and lots of zero power characters.

    But, IMO, I think this event is too new to conclude that the current system is broken. Isn't the idea that the matchmaking evolves and adjusts based on results? ... so while it's poor matchmaking now, it (presumably) will be much better in 2-3 weeks.
  • BryantBub wrote: »
    But, IMO, I think this event is too new to conclude that the current system is broken. Isn't the idea that the matchmaking evolves and adjusts based on results? ... so while it's poor matchmaking now, it (presumably) will be much better in 2-3 weeks.

    That's not the idea. The matchmaking won't evolve or become adjusted on it's own. Unless the player base forces CG to change the algorithm, the matchmaking will be the exact same forever. There's no global rankings or global win/loss accounting. It's still just RNG matchmaking based on total GP.
  • Gannon
    1509 posts Member
    BryantBub wrote: »
    But, IMO, I think this event is too new to conclude that the current system is broken. Isn't the idea that the matchmaking evolves and adjusts based on results? ... so while it's poor matchmaking now, it (presumably) will be much better in 2-3 weeks.

    That's not the idea. The matchmaking won't evolve or become adjusted on it's own. Unless the player base forces CG to change the algorithm, the matchmaking will be the exact same forever. There's no global rankings or global win/loss accounting. It's still just RNG matchmaking based on total GP.

    I feel like the matching was a lil better this time. My opponent was pretty close to the same teams as mine, and the character gp was minimal. We placed almost identical teams on defense also lol
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    BryantBub wrote: »
    Isn't the solution to this super easy... for even matchmaking simply base the calculation on the average character power? In this case you want to factor in outliers, such as when a player has few super-high power toons, which means you don't take a median.

    This would differentiate players who have lots of medium power characters, vs players who have few super-high power and lots of zero power characters.

    But, IMO, I think this event is too new to conclude that the current system is broken. Isn't the idea that the matchmaking evolves and adjusts based on results? ... so while it's poor matchmaking now, it (presumably) will be much better in 2-3 weeks.

    Are you talking of something after GP is matched? Otherwise this would screw me even further. I have all the toons at g7,lvl 85, none are useful the least bit at this state.
  • scuba
    12835 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    as long as gp only indicate completeness it will never be a good indicator or actual roster strength. a less complete charcter with excellent 4 dot mods could be stronger than 100% complete character with 6 dot kitten mods.

    I feel like that's the best reason why GP is a good measure for matching.

    If someone is a good theory crafter and has built effective teams that may be looked at as "incomplete", they are being rewarded in this game mode. Not for under gearing as many want to equate it to compare to paper zombie, but as an effective use of resources.

    But that is just me.

    Yet we all (Dev's included) know speed is king.
    "great" Mod acquisition is all rng, yes you can increase you chances by acquiring more mods but still all rng and mods can make a huge difference in effectiveness of roster. I always laugh at the theory crafting because you really don't have to, just go somewhere and ask others what to use and in a game of PvAI will most likely work out.

    I am not saying gp is or isn't a good match making point. It is nice that you can actually see the opponents gp in game (wish this was possible with TW)

    It is early in the game mode, however they should definitely only look at the gp that matters though, don't look at ship gp if ships aren't used. I think that is an easy adjustment to make so I don't understand why they don't.

    My current opinion is ships is just dumb in this game mode anyway with currently on 4 teams available.

    honestly If people want to "sandbag" by removing mods more power to them, I personally don't have the patience or mod cap space for it and really only see it making a difference from breaking into next gp bracket, which mod removal will only help for so long.
  • Kyno
    32011 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    as long as gp only indicate completeness it will never be a good indicator or actual roster strength. a less complete charcter with excellent 4 dot mods could be stronger than 100% complete character with 6 dot kitten mods.

    I feel like that's the best reason why GP is a good measure for matching.

    If someone is a good theory crafter and has built effective teams that may be looked at as "incomplete", they are being rewarded in this game mode. Not for under gearing as many want to equate it to compare to paper zombie, but as an effective use of resources.

    But that is just me.

    Yet we all (Dev's included) know speed is king.
    "great" Mod acquisition is all rng, yes you can increase you chances by acquiring more mods but still all rng and mods can make a huge difference in effectiveness of roster. I always laugh at the theory crafting because you really don't have to, just go somewhere and ask others what to use and in a game of PvAI will most likely work out.

    I am not saying gp is or isn't a good match making point. It is nice that you can actually see the opponents gp in game (wish this was possible with TW)

    It is early in the game mode, however they should definitely only look at the gp that matters though, don't look at ship gp if ships aren't used. I think that is an easy adjustment to make so I don't understand why they don't.

    My current opinion is ships is just dumb in this game mode anyway with currently on 4 teams available.

    honestly If people want to "sandbag" by removing mods more power to them, I personally don't have the patience or mod cap space for it and really only see it making a difference from breaking into next gp bracket, which mod removal will only help for so long.

    I think the only reason to include ships is because they are looking at the whole GP.

    I see the rotation of "rules" as the home field advantage, some will do better because they have invested in ships, some will do better because they have a wide roster, and some may do better because they ignored ships. It all evens out to some extent, when you look at it from the perspective that the best developed roster will win the most matches.

    Even as you said speed is king. Anyone who has that great arena set is probably hurting now that they cant just place a few teams and rely on others like in TW. Yes mods are RNG based, but the more rolls you put in the more likely you are to have more good mods.

    I dont think it's perfect, I just think it's a fair starting point and they could go further to make it more game play friendly, but the more they get involved in making sure someone feels better about their match, the less likely we are to see the beat roster being the one who is defeated less. We just start to see the best roster with/withou X criteria....and so on.
  • Will we ever see a ship only GA event using total GP to determine brackets/prizes?
  • Gannon
    1509 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    I removed all the mods from my toons below g9 yesterday.. Only dropped 6k power. And those were all 5dot blue or better and fully leveled. Mods don't make that big of a difference..
    Now when I put them back in, optimized for each toon, I can clean up g12 toons with g8s pretty often..

    I think your math is off unless you only had a handful of characters. Try 60+ (w/ some having Ships). That'll be like 100k

    I had 5* mods on all my toons, and removed everything from toons below g8 or so. I'm only at 2.6m gp tho so it wasn't as drastic as the guy who commented right after me with 4.2m. Also, I didn't gear up most of the pilots, cuz I only use a handful, so that wasn't an issue.
    Either way tho, 100k isn't a major difference in gp, considering the short timeframe you can use that method to switch brackets.
    Plus if you need those junk teams to mop up bits of teams, they will truly be useless if unmodded.
    Even my junk teams can be useful, since they're modded properly. Especially the mostly ignored ones like eeth koth who can stun if given potency, which can allow g7&8 toons to kill a g12 at times..
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Will we ever see a ship only GA event using total GP to determine brackets/prizes?

    Not only we will see it, it'll be as frequent as çharaçter only GAs so it will even out...at least so say Kyno.
  • Kyno
    32011 posts Moderator
    Will we ever see a ship only GA event using total GP to determine brackets/prizes?

    Haha, 1 placement or 2?

    I guess the first round we could see a bug for 3 defensive placements
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Will we ever see a ship only GA event using total GP to determine brackets/prizes?

    Haha, 1 placement or 2?

    I guess the first round we could see a bug for 3 defensive placements

    Do 3v3 no capital ships
  • Kyno
    32011 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Will we ever see a ship only GA event using total GP to determine brackets/prizes?

    Haha, 1 placement or 2?

    I guess the first round we could see a bug for 3 defensive placements

    Do 3v3 no capital ships

    Dont give them ideas like that.
  • Commander_Wolffe
    211 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Will we ever see a ship only GA event using total GP to determine brackets/prizes?

    Haha, 1 placement or 2?

    I guess the first round we could see a bug for 3 defensive placements

    Do 3v3 no capital ships

    Dont give them ideas like that.

    Having a ship only GA event was your suggestion about how the fleet and character GP will get evened out in events over time.

  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Will we ever see a ship only GA event using total GP to determine brackets/prizes?

    Haha, 1 placement or 2?

    I guess the first round we could see a bug for 3 defensive placements

    Do 3v3 no capital ships

    Dont give them ideas like that.

    Having a ship only GA event was your suggestion about how the fleet and character GP will get evened out in events over time.

    I bet all these people on here talking about their great choices would flip out if they had a ships only grand arena. So yeah id love to see it
  • TVF
    31068 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Will we ever see a ship only GA event using total GP to determine brackets/prizes?

    Haha, 1 placement or 2?

    I guess the first round we could see a bug for 3 defensive placements

    Do 3v3 no capital ships

    Dont give them ideas like that.

    Having a ship only GA event was your suggestion about how the fleet and character GP will get evened out in events over time.

    I bet all these people on here talking about their great choices would flip out if they had a ships only grand arena. So yeah id love to see it

    Why would that bother me? I have strong ships too.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32011 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Will we ever see a ship only GA event using total GP to determine brackets/prizes?

    Haha, 1 placement or 2?

    I guess the first round we could see a bug for 3 defensive placements

    Do 3v3 no capital ships

    Dont give them ideas like that.

    Having a ship only GA event was your suggestion about how the fleet and character GP will get evened out in events over time.

    No I said that having ships in a GA gives someone an advantage if they developed ships, when it's not there the pendulum swings the other way and the 3v3 is more of a spread out roster as you really need a bunch of leaders/tanks/attackers. So all in all the changes they are making will mean that the players with the best balance will win more over time, and therefore balance out.

    This same thing happens every time a new game mode or raid comes out, not everyone has the "right teams" and it's always someone else's fault. The game is about development and over time we will develop better rosters for this game mode, just like it works out with every other element that has stuck around in the game.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Will we ever see a ship only GA event using total GP to determine brackets/prizes?

    Haha, 1 placement or 2?

    I guess the first round we could see a bug for 3 defensive placements

    Do 3v3 no capital ships

    Dont give them ideas like that.

    Having a ship only GA event was your suggestion about how the fleet and character GP will get evened out in events over time.


    This same thing happens every time a new game mode or raid comes out, not everyone has the "right teams" and it's always someone else's fault..

    This basically sums up 80% of the posts so far lol 😆
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Will we ever see a ship only GA event using total GP to determine brackets/prizes?

    Haha, 1 placement or 2?

    I guess the first round we could see a bug for 3 defensive placements

    Do 3v3 no capital ships

    Dont give them ideas like that.

    Having a ship only GA event was your suggestion about how the fleet and character GP will get evened out in events over time.

    No I said that having ships in a GA gives someone an advantage if they developed ships, when it's not there the pendulum swings the other way and the 3v3 is more of a spread out roster as you really need a bunch of leaders/tanks/attackers. So all in all the changes they are making will mean that the players with the best balance will win more over time, and therefore balance out.

    This same thing happens every time a new game mode or raid comes out, not everyone has the "right teams" and it's always someone else's fault. The game is about development and over time we will develop better rosters for this game mode, just like it works out with every other element that has stuck around in the game.

    But it doesnt give an advantage , since the ship node can be locked behind the players best toons, thereby negating our great ship advantage. If the ship node could protect a chatacter node instead , you might have a point. But it doesnt.
    Because there are still 5 other nodes worth more banners for each one, our one ships node isn't even equal to one chatacter node. So no there is no advantage for ship users in regular GA the way its set up now.
  • Gannon
    1509 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Will we ever see a ship only GA event using total GP to determine brackets/prizes?

    Haha, 1 placement or 2?

    I guess the first round we could see a bug for 3 defensive placements

    Do 3v3 no capital ships

    Dont give them ideas like that.

    Having a ship only GA event was your suggestion about how the fleet and character GP will get evened out in events over time.

    No I said that having ships in a GA gives someone an advantage if they developed ships, when it's not there the pendulum swings the other way and the 3v3 is more of a spread out roster as you really need a bunch of leaders/tanks/attackers. So all in all the changes they are making will mean that the players with the best balance will win more over time, and therefore balance out.

    This same thing happens every time a new game mode or raid comes out, not everyone has the "right teams" and it's always someone else's fault. The game is about development and over time we will develop better rosters for this game mode, just like it works out with every other element that has stuck around in the game.

    But it doesnt give an advantage , since the ship node can be locked behind the players best toons, thereby negating our great ship advantage. If the ship node could protect a chatacter node instead , you might have a point. But it doesnt.
    Because there are still 5 other nodes worth more banners for each one, our one ships node isn't even equal to one chatacter node. So no there is no advantage for ship users in regular GA the way its set up now.

    Well it is called galaxy of heroes, not galaxy of ships. If you can't beat the squads guarding the ship zone, then you prolly just need to try out some new combos
  • How about we just accept that the game mode is here and enjoy planning for it?...... It's pretty fun actually, and makes you think.....

    Too many pleebs on here wanting a perfect 1:1 matchup..... We should have a participation trophy event so some of these folks can get a useless reward along with thekr titles and 7* cup....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    How about we just accept that the game mode is here and enjoy planning for it?...... It's pretty fun actually, and makes you think.....

    Too many pleebs on here wanting a perfect 1:1 matchup..... We should have a participation trophy event so some of these folks can get a useless reward along with thekr titles and 7* cup....

    Yeah i know asking for ships to be used in an event , where they use ships in your gp calculation is asking for 1:1 perfect matchmaking. Yeah i see that , great post very helpful
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    How about we just accept that the game mode is here and enjoy planning for it?...... It's pretty fun actually, and makes you think.....

    Too many pleebs on here wanting a perfect 1:1 matchup..... We should have a participation trophy event so some of these folks can get a useless reward along with thekr titles and 7* cup....

    Yeah i know asking for ships to be used in an event , where they use ships in your gp calculation is asking for 1:1 perfect matchmaking. Yeah i see that , great post very helpful

    I actually agree in regards to ships......

    I hate ships..... If ships are called for in GA and you roll me, good on you...... That's on me for not doing more with my ships, not on CG for not placing the tee in the perfect grass so I get matched with another player that didn't pay attention to ships ...

    The first event was a write off...... The second was basic..... I wager ships will be more important soon.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    How about we just accept that the game mode is here and enjoy planning for it?...... It's pretty fun actually, and makes you think.....

    Too many pleebs on here wanting a perfect 1:1 matchup..... We should have a participation trophy event so some of these folks can get a useless reward along with thekr titles and 7* cup....

    Yeah i know asking for ships to be used in an event , where they use ships in your gp calculation is asking for 1:1 perfect matchmaking. Yeah i see that , great post very helpful

    I actually agree in regards to ships......

    I hate ships..... If ships are called for in GA and you roll me, good on you...... That's on me for not doing more with my ships, not on CG for not placing the tee in the perfect grass so I get matched with another player that didn't pay attention to ships ...

    The first event was a write off...... The second was basic..... I wager ships will be more important soon.

    Ill wait and see before i give them the benefit of the doubt.
    And i didn't write off characters, and i have not much in the way of fluff, but i still think pure GP is a bad way to match people. And adding ship gp to any event where you can't use them is just silly and lazy to me.
    I understand this is their beta testing , but thats why we should voice our opinions now , before its set in stone and takes 8 months to adjust like the sith raid.
  • It's interesting because when TB first came around it was a mandatory requirement in our guild to fluff our characters. This made perfect sense at the time because fluffing our characters got us an additional 15-20M GP which made us eligible for the next reward bracket and complete for 3 zetas instead of 2. Now it feels like all of us are being penalized for that in GA. I wish CG would take note and and the very least, create a deactivate button so that we can remove characters that we no longer wish to use.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    I think the op post is misread often. He's not exactly faulting the player but the system and the title question is pretty legit.

    So are we all going to start sandbagging starting from here? I sure am as long as the current matchmaking system stays in place. That will in turn hurt my enjoyment of the game and encourage me to do less than I can easily can with my current resources.

    And it will in turn mean less revenue for CG at the end of the day until they design an actual fine tuned matchmaking system, which they indeed will not do.

    I'm more optimistiç, otherwise I wouldn't put in the time to frequent these topiçs. ÇG will listen, they will just take their sweet time as always.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    I think the op post is misread often. He's not exactly faulting the player but the system and the title question is pretty legit.

    So are we all going to start sandbagging starting from here? I sure am as long as the current matchmaking system stays in place. That will in turn hurt my enjoyment of the game and encourage me to do less than I can easily can with my current resources.

    And it will in turn mean less revenue for CG at the end of the day until they design an actual fine tuned matchmaking system, which they indeed will not do.

    I'm more optimistiç, otherwise I wouldn't put in the time to frequent these topiçs. ÇG will listen, they will just take their sweet time as always.

    Exactly , just like the sith raid , if people stay vocal long enough. They will change it , just might take a year lol
Sign In or Register to comment.